Flagstaffsooner
12/23/2006, 10:40 AM
Poor judgement, Keystone?

sooner518
12/23/2006, 10:47 AM
The Idiot 2.0

stoopified
12/23/2006, 10:50 AM
Scared for a second there,I thought MIP stood for Masturbating IN Public.Minor In Posession doesn't bother me.I thought he might be some kind of pervert.I don't know why but I can't stop laughing as I type this.

yermom
12/23/2006, 11:19 AM
man, i hope he gets the help he needs

StoopTroup
12/23/2006, 11:21 AM
Hope he turns it around....

sooner_born_1960
12/23/2006, 11:21 AM
These underage kids need to quit getting caught.

Dio
12/23/2006, 12:23 PM
No Natty Light in Enid, huh?

Hopefully the similarities to The Idiot end here.

CatfishSooner
12/23/2006, 12:24 PM
What else is there to do in Enid?

OSUAggie
12/23/2006, 01:09 PM
"Tons of stuff. Late night pitch and putt. We go to the livestock auction
and cruise the 4-H babes. Throw stuff off the bridge. What do you feel like doing?"

Flagstaffsooner
12/23/2006, 01:18 PM
" What do you feel like doing?"http://www.ihash2006.com/images/sheep.bmp
sooo aggie

Sooner-N-KS
12/23/2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah, it's a real unusual thing for high school kids to get together and drink. And I never did that 20 years ago when I was in high school......right

I don't think it's a big deal at all for this to happen in Enid while he's in HS.

What was different with Bomar was that everyone knew who he was, and the coaches constantly went over with him the consequences of his actions.

It's probably a good thing this is happening now. Now the coaching staff can really get after him when he gets to Norman to make sure it doesn't happen again. And we have plenty of examples to show him what happens when they don't listen.

Better now than later.

Bruiser53
12/23/2006, 03:44 PM
No Natty Light in Enid, huh?

Hopefully the similarities to The Idiot end here.

Stones are so much better than Natty.

I'm not going to worry about this yet, kids drink in high school, face it, it happens. It's his senior year, football is over. Why not have a few beers, what else is there to do in Enid? Hopefully the difference is that he won't be throwing a bunch of parties in Norman or drinking at a Hornets game.

goingoneight
12/23/2006, 04:18 PM
cheating Bob Stoops, I hate uO... They'z goingon probation so he mite as well come to the states university insted :stunned:

cb4ou
12/23/2006, 04:25 PM
I grew up in Enid and everyone on the football team partied.

I played with Lydell Carr and he did his share of partying.

Enid is small enough that is is hard to hide.

My step-sister goes to school with Austin and she told me last year that he gets away with murder in Enid.

Howzit
12/23/2006, 04:27 PM

My step-sister goes to school with Austin and she told me last year that he gets away with murder in Enid.

I grew up in Norman, and even people BESIDES the football team partied.

starrca23
12/23/2006, 04:32 PM
Hey flagstaff, it is disturbing that you even know that picture exists. :eek:

AimForCenterMass
12/23/2006, 05:31 PM
What else is there to do in Enid?

Well, if you're the big man on campus and could go to any D-1 school you wanted with a possible future in the NFL...oh, I don't know...chicks.

Fraggle145
12/23/2006, 06:09 PM

Exactly. I never got caught... We had parties busted, but usually we could work it out with the cops and they would let us go especially because we had football players there.

sooneron
12/23/2006, 07:00 PM
You grew up in Nomran?

Howzit
12/23/2006, 07:10 PM
You grew up in Nomran?

Yep. Born there, graduated NHS. So did IB4OU2.

sooneron
12/23/2006, 07:16 PM
What year?

MojoRisen
12/23/2006, 07:18 PM
We used to get tickets and our beer poored out- that is about it.

sooneron
12/23/2006, 07:23 PM
That's what an MIP is, you get a ticket. He needs someone to sit him down and tell him to be smarter. If this is indicative of a problem, we'll know at some point down the road. unfortunately

Howzit
12/23/2006, 07:37 PM
What year?

riiiiiight, and I suppose you want my mother's maiden name and ssn, too?

;)

SoonerShark
12/23/2006, 09:08 PM
Scared for a second there,I thought MIP stood for Masturbating IN Public.

Actually, your version of what MIP is what is now being recommended as a birth control method for young unmarried folks in all conservative groups except for the Catholic Church.

afs
12/23/2006, 09:13 PM
Box is bad news. as was previously stated, he's used to getting away with everything. His ego is a little too big for his own good at the moment. i'm not saying that he can't change, but i'm curious how willing he will be to change.

Mongo
12/23/2006, 09:20 PM
Actually, your version of what MIP is what is now being recommended as a birth control method for young unmarried folks in all conservative groups except for the Catholic Church.

I am a conservative, and I have never heard of shwacking it as a form of BC. Present facts please.

Oh, I love how school officials respond about an off the field incident that is not school related, and that it may reflect on their extra cirricular activities. So, if an emo shut in gets busted, they will make statements on how that it will affect their drama/band/D&D play? I think not.

royalfan5
12/23/2006, 09:41 PM
What is the penalty for MIP in Oklahoma? Do they ever send folks to jail for it? In Nebraska often times the second MIP will draw a 30 day bid or 18 Months probabtion with a couple of weekends in the can.

Mongo
12/23/2006, 09:45 PM
What is the penalty for MIP in Oklahoma? Do they ever send folks to jail for it? In Nebraska often times the second MIP will draw a 30 day bid or 18 Months probabtion with a couple of weekends in the can.

They are fairly minor as far as a first time conviction in OK. Usually it is a fine, an alcohol awareness class, plus community service.

Doged
12/23/2006, 10:19 PM
I don't know anything about Austin Box, but I do find it humorous that the Enid Snoozin' Beagle writes that up as a story. Quick blurb in the police blotter section, sure. Three or four paragraphs? Only in Enid. ;)

Mjcpr
12/23/2006, 10:24 PM

What year?

I think it was around 14 or 15.

1stTimeCaller
12/23/2006, 10:27 PM
isn't that his second buglary type arrest?

afs
12/23/2006, 10:45 PM
I don't know anything about Austin Box, but I do find it humorous that the Enid Snoozin' Beagle writes that up as a story. Quick blurb in the police blotter section, sure. Three or four paragraphs? Only in Enid. ;)

If you'd read the Enid paper on a daily basis, you'd know that over the past 3 weeks they've done a lot of stories on underage drinking and it's effect on youth. Also there has been a big push in the community to curb underage drinking.

High profile student + high profile issue = front page news.

paulsboutique
12/23/2006, 11:28 PM
World famous music promoter David Box?

1stTimeCaller
12/23/2006, 11:40 PM
nope, Austin's dad is an attorney and isn't a coke head.

Flying Scotsman
12/23/2006, 11:44 PM
Irwin Box?

1stTimeCaller
12/23/2006, 11:57 PM
naw, his dad is a man.

;)

Jdog
12/24/2006, 12:36 AM
Yeah, it's a real unusual thing for high school kids to get together and drink. And I never did that 20 years ago when I was in high school......right

I don't think it's a big deal at all for this to happen in Enid while he's in HS.

What was different with Bomar was that everyone knew who he was, and the coaches constantly went over with him the consequences of his actions.

It's probably a good thing this is happening now. Now the coaching staff can really get after him when he gets to Norman to make sure it doesn't happen again. And we have plenty of examples to show him what happens when they don't listen.

Better now than later.

yeah, at least it happened in High School and not College like with Bomar.

goingoneight
12/24/2006, 03:22 AM
So, changing his name to Norman Box isn't sounding so bad, now is it??? Maybe it'll get him turned around, eh??? :D

okienole3
12/24/2006, 02:00 PM

How am I the only one who caught this?

You went to school with Lydell Carr and your step-sister goes to school there now?

That's impressive for either your mom or dad.

Scott D
12/24/2006, 03:34 PM
How am I the only one who caught this?

You went to school with Lydell Carr and your step-sister goes to school there now?

That's impressive for either your mom or dad.

eh, it's called marrying someone who is at least 10 years younger than you :D

Echoes
12/24/2006, 09:45 PM
Afs, your blowing this way out of proportion. The paper in Enid is a joke, and blew it WAY WAY more out of proportion then anyone could imagine.

The paper basically said Box + other prominent, well-off, star atheletes here broke into a building, tore it all to hell and were drinking hardcore. This is not the case.

There was 1 case of beer and a few bottles of liquor between over 20 people. The clipping says 19 got cited, and plenty got away. They had a key to the place, there was absolutely no forced entry. Enid newspapers is owned and ran by idiots and they like to take shots at prominent members of the community at any chance possible. They were literally just hanging out and throwing the football around on a cold night. Oh, the humanity.

I am from Enid as well and parties like this get busted, all the time. I find it laughable that the only time a MIP would ever make the front page is if it contains our star atheletes. A MIP is a small fine. Who cares. Box will get in more then his fair share of trouble from his parents, I know them and I promise you they will take care of it.

Edmond Sooner
12/24/2006, 11:15 PM
A wise man once said, "if there was one can of beer and one teenager left in the State of Oklahoma, they'd find each other."

I certainly know that was the case when I was in high school - and it's going to be with every high school class from here to eternity as long as there is such a thing as these people we call teenagers and this other thing we call belly-wash beer.

Not sayin' it's right, just sayin'....

Edmond Sooner
12/24/2006, 11:18 PM
Oh, and while I'm at it: Merry Christmas everyone!

1stTimeCaller
12/24/2006, 11:24 PM
Echoes, what did his parents do to him when he was arrested/caught breaking into that house earlier this year/late last year?

rainiersooner
12/25/2006, 03:23 AM

Greatest line from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (paraphrased): "To cheat on your wife is French...to get caught is American."

rainiersooner
12/25/2006, 03:26 AM

THIS JUST IN...AUSTIN BOX MURDERED SOMEONE'S STEP-SISTER IN ENID. YANK HIS SCHOLARSHIP!!! WHEN WILL STOOPS LEARN???

okienole3
12/25/2006, 09:20 AM
Afs, your blowing this way out of proportion. The paper in Enid is a joke, and blew it WAY WAY more out of proportion then anyone could imagine.

The paper basically said Box + other prominent, well-off, star atheletes here broke into a building, tore it all to hell and were drinking hardcore. This is not the case.

There was 1 case of beer and a few bottles of liquor between over 20 people. The clipping says 19 got cited, and plenty got away. They had a key to the place, there was absolutely no forced entry. Enid newspapers is owned and ran by idiots and they like to take shots at prominent members of the community at any chance possible. They were literally just hanging out and throwing the football around on a cold night. Oh, the humanity.

I am from Enid as well and parties like this get busted, all the time. I find it laughable that the only time a MIP would ever make the front page is if it contains our star atheletes. A MIP is a small fine. Who cares. Box will get in more then his fair share of trouble from his parents, I know them and I promise you they will take care of it.

Hate to be the grammar police, but this is a grammar error that Nick Zepp made all the time. Echoes, are you Little Nicky?

Sooner_Bob
12/25/2006, 09:25 AM
Box is bad news. as was previously stated, he's used to getting away with everything. His ego is a little too big for his own good at the moment. i'm not saying that he can't change, but i'm curious how willing he will be to change.

I've heard folks from Enid say similiar things to this . . .:confused: :(

Echoes
12/25/2006, 12:46 PM
Lol Okienole, sorry. I was around in the Nick days but I didn't really post back then. I had been on the road for multiple hours yesterday, and was a little tired out. Usually my grammar is checked and I try to always be correct, especially since I am in college and teachers rape you for that kind of thing.

Bob, the thing about people saying Box is bad news, you have to watch who you hear that from. You have to understand, in Enid Box is a big deal. Enid is not exactly a big town, and when it produces one of the nations top recruits and probably one of the top all around atheletes in high school sports period, people get jealous. Real jealous. Thats why a simple couple of buddies drinking in a place where they had permission to turns into a story like this.

Larry&Leisa
12/26/2006, 01:47 PM
Thats why a simple couple of buddies drinking in a place where they had permission to turns into a story like this.

So you're saying Connie gave them permission to use her warehouse to drink in?

OUmillenium
12/26/2006, 04:59 PM
Lol Okienole, sorry. I was around in the Nick days but I didn't really post back then. I had been on the road for multiple hours yesterday, and was a little tired out. Usually my grammar is checked and I try to always be correct, especially since I am in college and teachers rape you for that kind of thing.

Bob, the thing about people saying Box is bad news, you have to watch who you hear that from. You have to understand, in Enid Box is a big deal. Enid is not exactly a big town, and when it produces one of the nations top recruits and probably one of the top all around atheletes in high school sports period, people get jealous. Real jealous. Thats why a simple couple of buddies drinking in a place where they had permission to turns into a story like this.

Where can I find some of these teachers? Females only please!
:)