PDA

View Full Version : How do you get the Pac 10 & Big 10/11...

Mile High Sooner
12/22/2006, 05:15 PM
..to add a new school or 2 and go with a conference championship game?
The P-10 could easily court either Bosie St, Hawaii, Fresno St and/or BYU into the conference and do a N v S division.
Not too sure who the B-10 adds since the Golden Doomers are soooo stuck on not sharing any revenue with any one but Touchdown Jesus. Maybe Iowa State would fit and the B-12 N would add BYU.

At least with Championship games in those two conferences the BCS MNC game would be on a bit more even level with the schools that currently have to go the extra distance to be named Conference Champion.

Ho, Ho, Ho!!

royalfan5
12/22/2006, 05:18 PM
Somebody would have to write very big checks. The End.

jwlynn64
12/22/2006, 05:34 PM
Wouldn't Colorado State be a better addition is you gave ISU to the Big 10? While we are dreaming, why don't we drop Baylor and Add Arkansas to the South?

Sooner_Havok
12/22/2006, 05:42 PM
We couldn't get Arkie from the SEC, not even in our dreams. Drop Baylor and add TCU

jwlynn64
12/22/2006, 05:43 PM
Still adds a private college. We need to add a public university to be uniform.

Sooner_Havok
12/22/2006, 05:45 PM
Fine, UTep

royalfan5
12/22/2006, 05:55 PM
None of the other leagues are uniform. Why does uniformity matter?

Kels
12/22/2006, 05:58 PM

No, the conference needs a private school to avoid their meetings being open to the public, as well as a few other things. All the conferences have at least one private school.

If not Baylor, then TCU or BYU. However, the Texas legislature has made it clear that wherever UT & A&M go, Baylor must follow. It's the benefit to having a productive law school.

Kicking Baylor out of the Big 12 is not going to happen. It's good to have a whipping boy or two in the conference anyway.

SoonerShark
12/22/2006, 06:23 PM
Not too sure who the B-10 adds since the Golden Doomers are soooo stuck on not sharing any revenue with any one but Touchdown Jesus.

This is unfair. Notre Dame needs to subsidize payouts for lawsuits against the church.

Jdog
12/22/2006, 06:37 PM
..to add a new school or 2 and go with a conference championship game?
The P-10 could easily court either Bosie St, Hawaii, Fresno St and/or BYU into the conference and do a N v S division.
Not too sure who the B-10 adds since the Golden Doomers are soooo stuck on not sharing any revenue with any one but Touchdown Jesus. Maybe Iowa State would fit and the B-12 N would add BYU.

At least with Championship games in those two conferences the BCS MNC game would be on a bit more even level with the schools that currently have to go the extra distance to be named Conference Champion.

Ho, Ho, Ho!!

Back in the late 80's, the P-10 gave invitations to CU and Texas --- Around that same time the Big 10 made advances toward Nebraska and Penn State (obviously closing PSU in 89).

I think both conferences are very happy for now with their locks on the Rose and/or Nat'l Champ game. Remember these are the 2 conferences that didn't want to join the CFA after the OU/Georgia law suite. I could see them change only if we got a real National Champ Tourney. Maybe then the P-10 would add Utah and BYU ---- Maybe ND would be forced to join the B-10 or they could make an offer I guess to maybe Pitt, Louisville, ISU or Syracuse. ND is so overrated --- I bet in 5 years they might be ripe to join.

TheUnnamedSooner
12/22/2006, 06:52 PM
No more tejas teams in the south!!

bluedogok
12/22/2006, 08:13 PM
If not Baylor, then TCU or BYU. However, the Texas legislature has made it clear that wherever UT & A&M go, Baylor must follow. It's the benefit to having a productive law school.
It could happen now, at the time of the merger the Governor (Richards) and Lt. Governor (Bullock) were both Baylor grads and made it a condition of the merger. Now the Gov. (Perry) is an Aggie and the Lt. Gov. (Dewhurst) is an Arizona grad so neither of them have those same ties to Baylor, and the legislature seems to be full of Aggies right now. It could happen, but I agree that it is unlikely.

OU GENO
12/22/2006, 09:44 PM
why do you want a better team in the conf that could beat you? A cupcake in the south is what it is! The south is hard enough without adding a Ark or someone else the conf is hard enough the way it is.

Mile High Sooner
12/22/2006, 10:39 PM
Wouldn't Colorado State be a better addition if you gave ISU to the Big 10?
A couple of years ago I'd agree but now I think CSU is slipping back to becoming a doormat again. Sonny Lubic will probably retire after the '07 season and definately after the '08. BYU offers a change of pace that will keep the B-12 N interesting and semi-competitive. Plus the ski slopes are only a half hour outside of SLC. Fly in late Thursday..ski Friday...game Saturday...home Sunday. Actually this is my reasoning for having the B-12C Game annually at Mile High.
But doesn't it seem pretty easy to make the P-10 into the P-12. Bosie State would probably be the #2 or 3 team... naaah that ain't right. How 'bout top 5? And who wouldn't want to go to Hawaii every other year?
Both of those conferences are just wusses for taking the easy out w/o a championship game.

Easting
12/22/2006, 10:49 PM
Somebody would have to write very big checks. The End.

For the win!

Desert Sapper
12/23/2006, 01:07 AM
A rule needs to be added that you cannot play for a national title without winning a CCG. That would get things moving. Of course, with Big 10, Pac 10, and ND alums running everything, it will never happen. Especially not with ND getting national television coverage of their weaksauce schedule from NBC. Afterall, Regis and Joe Theismann have to be able to watch the domers play all three of the service academies.

Scott D
12/23/2006, 01:17 PM
You blow up NBC so that ND has nowhere to be televised solo, forcing them into the Big-10, although they'd likely join the Big East like most of their sports.