PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS game for the boy

Norm In Norman
12/22/2006, 08:55 AM
What should i get? He has new super mario brothers, lego star wars II, and Cars. I'm thinking about getting him Super Mario Cart.

Sooner_Bob
12/22/2006, 09:01 AM
We're gettin' our oldest the new Hannah Montana game for hers.

:D

afs
12/22/2006, 09:01 AM
Scrabble

Norm In Norman
12/22/2006, 09:02 AM
We're gettin' our oldest the new Hannah Montana game for hers.

:D
BAH!

Norm In Norman
12/22/2006, 09:03 AM
Scrabble
Scrabble is probably a bit to old for a 6 year old.

afs
12/22/2006, 09:08 AM
you can start him young.

sooner_born_1960
12/22/2006, 09:20 AM
My daughter's getting a nintendog.

Boomer.....
12/22/2006, 09:50 AM
Mario Cart is always SOLID!

crawfish
12/22/2006, 09:59 AM
Animal Crossing.

Our son, at 7, would play it with three friends over the network...they'd party-line their phones and talk while exploring each other's towns. It was cute. :)

frankensooner
12/22/2006, 10:14 AM
Cart is good, Nintendogs is good too. My 12 yo has the original DS and the recharge port died, so I found an external battery charger and we rotate batteries now. I actually picked her up a new lite in pink, but we are saving it for sometime after Christmas, possibly Easter. My 7 yo is getting a new lite though from Santa. I really like the Brainage game. The boy might like that one too.

Norm In Norman
12/22/2006, 10:15 AM
My daughter's getting a nintendog.
That doesn't seem like a boy game to me, but I dunno. It's rated one of the top games.

frankensooner
12/22/2006, 10:18 AM
We have neighbors that have 4 kids, three boys and a girl (ages ranging from 3-12) and they all love nintendogs.

Norm In Norman
12/22/2006, 10:24 AM
Animal Crossing.

Our son, at 7, would play it with three friends over the network...they'd party-line their phones and talk while exploring each other's towns. It was cute. :)
I've heard that one was pretty good, but it must be hit or miss because it's not ranked so well on gamespot. Well, it's ranked good and not superb. Although the boy LOVES Lego Star Wars II, I wouldn't recommend it AT ALL, at least the DS version. It's fun, but I've never seen such a buggy game before in all my life. he's always restarting the game. i hear it works well for all other platforms, including the GBA.

Norm In Norman
12/22/2006, 10:26 AM
Cart is good, Nintendogs is good too. My 12 yo has the original DS and the recharge port died, so I found an external battery charger and we rotate batteries now. I actually picked her up a new lite in pink, but we are saving it for sometime after Christmas, possibly Easter. My 7 yo is getting a new lite though from Santa. I really like the Brainage game. The boy might like that one too.
We have BrainAge, but it's a bit too much for a 6 year old even though he messes with it occasionally. The math is too hard for him because he doesn't know what a multiplication sign does yet. I don't like it because ours doesn't seem to be able to recognize the word BLUE.

Norm In Norman
12/22/2006, 10:26 AM
We have neighbors that have 4 kids, three boys and a girl (ages ranging from 3-12) and they all love nintendogs.
Ok, I may end up getting this. It looks stupid to me, but it sounds like everyone loves it.

C&CDean
12/22/2006, 10:30 AM
This thread disturbs me. A lot.

crawfish
12/22/2006, 10:31 AM
I've heard that one was pretty good, but it must be hit or miss because it's not ranked so well on gamespot. Well, it's ranked good and not superb. Although the boy LOVES Lego Star Wars II, I wouldn't recommend it AT ALL, at least the DS version. It's fun, but I've never seen such a buggy game before in all my life. he's always restarting the game. i hear it works well for all other platforms, including the GBA.

It's the most unusual game I've ever seen and would seem at first blush to be pretty boring; however, it's incredibly addicting and all three of my kids have enjoyed playing it.

It could also be the least offensive game of all time. :)

Oh, and all my kids enjoyed Nintendogs as well.

frankensooner
12/22/2006, 10:42 AM
I figured out the blue bug, you have to say it in a very high falsetto. ywia.

DustySooner
12/22/2006, 11:15 AM
You can never go wrong with Mario Cart.