PDA

View Full Version : Would Stoops be successful as an NFL coach?

mightysooner
12/22/2006, 01:01 AM
What say you?

I say no. I can't see him playing kissy a$$ with NFL primadonnas nor being able to deal with free agency very well. He's too blue collar and too much of a disciplinarian to be successful in the NFL.

I sure hope he reads this and thinks I'm wise and all knowing......:)

Blues1
12/22/2006, 02:01 AM
Why any *Successful College Coach* who is getting PAID in the Millions would want a Pro Coaching Job is beyond me....

Barry was pretty much out of a Job when he went over....
and Bud didn't make it Politics

So Let me answer your Question with a question.....(Without Looking it up)
Ask any college Football Fan this question....

Who was the Coach of the Chicago Cardinals in 1954...?
Who was the Coach at Oklahoma in 1954....?

If your Bank Account is already Full -- And you want to go down in History as as Someone who made a difference is the Sport of Football....

The Number #1 Answer has been "College Football"

Hopefully The NCAA won't screw that up.....??

All this is just MHO......

Stay Rockin' Coach Stoops ............... :)

ouwasp
12/22/2006, 02:06 AM
I hope we never find out........

Luthor
12/22/2006, 10:38 AM
What say you?

I say no. I can't see him playing kissy a$$ with NFL primadonnas nor being able to deal with free agency very well. He's too blue collar and too much of a disciplinarian to be successful in the NFL.

I sure hope he reads this and thinks I'm wise and all knowing......:)

No. He wouldn't make it past the first mini camp. He would lock horns with a T.O. at the first team meeting and the pu$$y owner (pick 1) would scream like a girl and fire him on the spot.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/22/2006, 01:30 PM
No. He wouldn't make it past the first mini camp. He would lock horns with a T.O. at the first team meeting and the pu$$y owner (pick 1) would scream like a girl and fire him on the spot.Ugh! Please mods, lock this ugly one up.

stoopified
12/23/2006, 10:02 AM
No he would suck in the NFL,therefore he MUST stay at OU.Where is Joe C. with the lifetime contract?

StoopTroup
12/23/2006, 11:24 AM
I think the toughest thing to do is go from College to Head Coach of a Pro Team.

If it was my career and I dreamed of being a Pro HC....I would get some experience in the lower Coaching Ranks in the Pros and make some connections with others on the inside.

To make the jump from College to Pro like Spurrier did is a mistake IMO.

Texas Golfer
12/23/2006, 01:06 PM
To answer the question as it's written, yes, I think Stoops would be a successful NFL coach. I don't think that he'd be as successful as he is in college.

One of the advantages Bob has at OU is the ability to recruit the players he wants. In the pro ranks, he'd have only "what's left" to choose from.

He can discipline his players now as he chooses. He could kick them off the team if he so chooses, i.e., Dusty Dvoracek, Rhett Bomar, J.D. Quinn. In the pros, he wouldn't have that luxury (if you want to call it that).