PDA

View Full Version : Saben says The Answer is Still "NO"...

Blues1
12/21/2006, 11:41 PM
Link....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16316572/

Who in the Hell is Going to be the Bama Coach...???

I still say the Best Prospect is Hawaii Coach June Jones.....Who else is left...?

Why do I even Care..?? ----- :) --- :pop:

goingoneight
12/22/2006, 12:02 AM
I have respect for Bama's past and usually just roll my eyes when they start talking National Championships, when their five titles suddenly become 30... but damn, Shula was taking their program in a positive direction, was in the Title hunt at one point in the 2005 season... and just because he had to break in a new QB and rebuild a little on defense, he should be canned? Bama as a whole is getting to picky. Word to the not-so-wise, Bob Stoops won a National Championship in his second because he was/is the best coach in the country. Pete Carroll is a good coach who landed in a recruiting paradise. Urban Meyer is catching all the breaks with the neighboring powerhouses struggling. Mack Brown is in the biggest talent pool in America. Look, get a good guy who can sell the program on it's history and it's traditions (the fans, etc.). Let him coach for five years, unless he really Bomars up the program or something.

I look for Boone State to be like this if Gumby doesn't cut the mustard next year. He seems like he really wants to buy a National Championship.

Texas Golfer
12/22/2006, 12:11 AM
'Bama is my favorite SEC team but I think they made a tremendous error in judgment with the Shula firing.

But, then again, I thought Nebraska did, too, with the firing of Solich.

Blues1
12/22/2006, 12:17 AM
JMHO- The AD's of these Schools need to join our Board and get our expert Advice before making a lot of these DUMB Moves....Wish I was Kidding.... :)

Still R'

SoonerLB
12/22/2006, 12:27 AM
I can't imagine June Jones giving up the lifestyle and celebrity status he has in Hawaii to go to Alabama to get his *** chewed on every day by a bunch of cigar chomping boosters that demand he win every game. Nor to put up with a bunch of rabid fans that not only think the same thing, but are willing to lynch any coach that has the adacity to lose a football game.
Of course given the amount of money it is going to take to get a coach to put up with the crap that comes with that job...........................hmmmmm, maybe he would think about it! ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
12/22/2006, 10:10 AM
I think Terry Bowden may be looking...

mrowl
12/22/2006, 10:11 AM
This makes me laugh....

1. Spurrier, NO!
2. Saban, NO!
3, Rodriguez, NO!
4. Saban, NO!

Luthor
12/22/2006, 10:29 AM
I can't imagine June Jones giving up the lifestyle and celebrity status he has in Hawaii to go to Alabama to get his *** chewed on every day by a bunch of cigar chomping boosters that demand he win every game. Nor to put up with a bunch of rabid fans that not only think the same thing, but are willing to lynch any coach that has the adacity to lose a football game.
Of course given the amount of money it is going to take to get a coach to put up with the crap that comes with that job...........................hmmmmm, maybe he would think about it! ;)

I think the biggest obstacle for any coach at Bama is keeping the good ol' boy booster/alums away from your kids. Every school has a few but in Bama's case I think the per capita number is off the chart and I think they are shameless about it.

TexasLidig8r
12/22/2006, 12:48 PM
Speaking of Solich... yes.. he's boozed it up some... but his offense would fit the tradition of Alabama.. and Bama sure beats where he is now.

mrowl
12/22/2006, 12:58 PM
wasn't there a rumor of Solich going to Air Force?

Mjcpr
12/22/2006, 01:01 PM
wasn't there a rumor of Solich going to Air Force?

I don't know but there was one about Fedora going there. I wish he would, he seems to know what he's doing.

tommieharris91
12/22/2006, 01:09 PM
Well, lets see what kind of rumor this will start...

I just saw Bob walk into the OU pool wearing a Tampa Bay Buccaneers sweatshirt. He looked a lot like Jon Gruden with brown hair. BTW, he usually comes by here once a week or so. No lie.

Ohh, and Air Force hired Texans offensive coordinator Troy Calhoun as their HC. Looks like no offensive lineman recruits for the next 10 years for them. link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2706195)

Sooner_Havok
12/22/2006, 01:37 PM
OK, enough is enough! I can't stand seeing Bama like this, therefore I have officially thrown my hat into the Alabama coaching search. I graduate in May, but I could start ASAP, next semester is just a formality anyway

Mongo
12/22/2006, 01:43 PM
Congrats on your hiring. You and Bama just won another National Championship.

Sooner_Havok
12/22/2006, 01:50 PM
Woo Hoo, that was easy! Hey, do I get another NC for Woo Hooing?

mrowl
12/22/2006, 02:23 PM
Woo Hoo, that was easy! Hey, do I get another NC for Woo Hooing?

no, but if you would have mentioned Bear Bryant, you would have.

you are fired. :mad:

Sooner_Havok
12/22/2006, 02:40 PM
Oh well. I had a good run.