12/21/2006, 03:41 PM
A rough look at where teams will draft in 2007 and their current record

Oakland - 2-12
Detroit - 2-12
Tampa Bay - 3-11
Cleveland - 4-10
Arizona - 4-10
Houston - 4-10

That's the 6 worst records in the league right now.

Tampa and Arizona probably won't be in the market for a back. Oakland needs a QB AND they could use a back, hopefully they'll go after Quinn.

Does Detroit decide the KJ experiment is over and take AD? Does Houston snatch up the pride of Saxet and sell some jerseys? Will Cleveland take him?

Pricetag
12/21/2006, 03:43 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Peterson with the Browns.

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
12/21/2006, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Peterson with the Browns.
I would!!! He'll go to the raiders.

Boomer.....
12/21/2006, 03:47 PM
Detroit will probably select a WR.

Pricetag
12/21/2006, 03:48 PM
I would!!! He'll go to the raiders.
Blech.

sooner94
12/21/2006, 03:58 PM
Assuming Oakland, Detroit and TB are the bottom 3 at the end of the season, I think Det is the only team of those 3 that would take AD.

Oak needs a QB and probably takes Brady Quinn.

Is Detroit happy with Kevin Jones? I could see them upgrading to AD- which would be following Billy "BOOMER!!!" Sims footsteps.

TB has Cadillac Williams so they would either draft another position or trade down.

Cleveland, Az and Houston would probably be very interested in AD. Cleveland and Houston don't have an elite back. Az has Edgerin James, but he's getting up there in years RB-wise, so AD could be the future there.

As far as being the first RB selected, Marshawn Lynch could go before AD based on his pass catching skills. Just depends on what a team is looking for. AD will develop in the passing game, but isn't there right now.

Or he could just come back.:D

sendbaht
12/21/2006, 03:59 PM
One more year with us...please... then the Raiders, that would me more then cool...(for me)

All_Day_28
12/21/2006, 04:00 PM
I predict next season he will be with the Sooners.. write it down and take a picture

GottaHavePride
12/21/2006, 04:56 PM
Joy. I can't wait until two months from now when all you people expecting AD to come back are flooding the board with "OMFGZ0RZ! HOW COULD H3 D0 TH!S T0 U5???!!!11!1!11!!!!" threads.

Seriously - start expecting him to leave. It makes WAY more sense from HIS point of view to go. If he decides to stay, you can be pleasantly surprised.

Easy180
12/21/2006, 05:02 PM
Think Detroit takes Quinn, Oakland takes Johnson, Beck or Brohm and Tampa takes a def guy

My bet is he ends up with either Cleveland or Houston unless someone trades up to get him

Harry Beanbag
12/21/2006, 05:03 PM
Looks like Cleveland or Houston to me, unless there are trades. I was hoping for Green Bay, but they started winning games for some reason so that's probably out the window.

Widescreen
12/21/2006, 05:10 PM
It would suck if he went to Oakland but how bada$$ would he look in that uniform?

Harry Beanbag
12/21/2006, 05:13 PM
It would suck if he went to Oakland but how bada$$ would he look in that uniform?

He looks bada$$ in any uniform so please God, not the Raidahs.

kelloggOUballa
12/21/2006, 05:18 PM
Cleveland has Reuben Droughns......i bet AD goes to H-Town

Harry Beanbag
12/21/2006, 05:20 PM
Cleveland has Reuben Droughns...

So?

JohnnyMack
12/21/2006, 05:20 PM
I was hoping for Green Bay, but they started winning games for some reason so that's probably out the window.

:mad: Inconsiderate *******s.

:D

All_Day_28
12/21/2006, 05:22 PM
Joy. I can't wait until two months from now when all you people expecting AD to come back are flooding the board with "OMFGZ0RZ! HOW COULD H3 D0 TH!S T0 U5???!!!11!1!11!!!!" threads.

Seriously - start expecting him to leave. It makes WAY more sense from HIS point of view to go. If he decides to stay, you can be pleasantly surprised.
no duh...

i don't really expect him to stay, but don't kill all our hopes and dreams in one post..

Harry Beanbag
12/21/2006, 05:29 PM
:mad: Inconsiderate *******s.

:D

I know, ****ers. :) Not that I'm a huge Packer fan or anything, I just think that would be a perfect fit for him. The blue collar town and fanbase would absolutely love Adrian, plus that franchise needs somebody to replace Ahman Green, who appears to be done, at the RB position and to take over Favre's role as the face of the franchise.

Cleveland is a similar situation, but they always suck hard.

If he's on the board at the time, I don't see any way Houston cannot take him after the Mario Williams turd drop in last year's draft.

Detroit I think really needs a QB, no matter how injured Jones may be.

I've seen mock drafts with Peterson going to the Raiders as high as #1 or 2. I really hope not. Oakland basically needs an entire new roster and they're extra weird come draft time so who knows what they'll do.

soonerinabilene
12/21/2006, 05:35 PM
houston is going to try everything they can to get ad so they can say that was their plan all along, and that is why they passed on bush.

colleyvillesooner
12/21/2006, 05:47 PM
I'm thinking Cleveland or Houston as well. Detroit has to take a QB.

Bruiser53
12/21/2006, 05:49 PM
Kevin Jones was on my fantasy team. He had a great year, except he seemed like more a pass catching back rather than a run between the tackles guy. Peterson would probably be an upgrade over Jones, and Detroit would be a better sittuation than Cleveland because I think the Lions are eventually going to go somewhere. The only thing is I don't know how much AD fits in to Martz's offense in Detroit, which requires the back to catch some passes, a la Marshall Faulk. Ideally, I think the Texans would be the best fit, but they need to do something with that o line before a back can really make a difference there.

TexasSooner01
12/21/2006, 05:55 PM
I'm thinking Cleveland or Houston as well. Detroit has to take a QB.

Houston needs a QB too. Carr should be gone-gone after this season!

colleyvillesooner
12/21/2006, 06:02 PM

They should, but they won't. Paid him too much to walk away from.

TexasSooner01
12/21/2006, 06:03 PM
They should, but they won't. Paid him too much to walk away from.

I know...that sucs. :mad:

SoonerInKCMO
12/21/2006, 06:19 PM
Slowed (or temporarily stopped) by injuries all three college seasons.
'Why juke a guy when you can run over him?' style that will be less effective and lead to more injuries in the NFL.
Career yards per carry of 5.46 is low compared to elite college backs (it's 12th all-time just at OU).

If Cleveland doesn't take him wherever they end up picking, I could see him dropping to the 10-14 range.

:pop:

colleyvillesooner
12/21/2006, 06:25 PM
'Why juke a guy when you can run over him?' style that will be less effective and lead to more injuries in the NFL.
Career yards per carry of 5.46 is low compared to elite college backs (it's 12th all-time just at OU).

If Cleveland doesn't take him wherever they end up picking, I could see him dropping to the 10-14 range.

If he's projected that far down, he should come back.

Sooner_Havok
12/21/2006, 06:34 PM

Heh, my thoughts exactly :D

JohnnyMack
12/21/2006, 08:08 PM

I will bet you 640 trillion dollars that he's not on the board at the #10 pick. Under any circumstances.

colleyvillesooner
12/21/2006, 10:44 PM
I will bet you 640 trillion dollars that he's not on the board at the #10 pick. Under any circumstances.

Especially not after the combine.

Texas Golfer
12/21/2006, 11:19 PM

I'm not really convinced that he'd do better in this year's draft seeing as he'll only have played in a one full season worth of games since he was a freshman in college. Should he return, play a full season, and win the Heisman, he WILL be the #1 pick in the 2008 draft!

bluedogok
12/21/2006, 11:25 PM
Please, not the Lions....they have ruined every back they have ever had out of Oklahoma, Steve Owens and Billy Sims due to injury and Barry Sanders, well wouldn't playing for the Lions want to make YOU retire?

SoonerLB
12/21/2006, 11:59 PM
AD seems to understand that greed is not the answer when it comes to his future. It's gonna be a tough decision no doubt, but giving consideration to the other variables, such as having a complete, healthy season (or showcase season if you please), blowing away a few records maybe, and getting his degree, would be beneficial in more ways than one.
We all know money is nice (most of the time anyway), but it is not the answer to everything.
The thing I will always admire about AD is his work ethic, commitment to the team, and desire to win. I doubt that I will ever care how much money he makes, I only hope that he is smart with what he does make, which I would guess will be a lot, whether it be now or later.
I know I'm in the minority around here on the subject, but I think staying for his senior year holds potential for maturity, experience, possibly some records that could be hard for anyone to break, a Heisman, and other accolades that he deserves to have a shot at, and an even better chance at a pro career and the riches that come with it.
I guarantee you, if I was in his place, I'd be back next year. Call me crazy if you want, but the almighty dollar isn't everything. Of course, I'm taking into consideration that there will be a lot more dollars on the table next year if everything goes right, LOL! ;)

8timechamps
12/22/2006, 12:07 AM
I suspect that AD will not go as highly as some think. There is still concerns over his toughness, and regardless of combine numbers, that will be a concern until he proves otherwise.

I don't think there is a chance in hell he will go to Oakland (well maybe a small one...see below). First of all, he won't be the #1 pick, and second, Oakland needs a QB as bad as any team in the NFL.

I'd say the odds are that he would end up in Cleveland, unless (and it's always a big possibility) a team trades up for him.

I doubt Oakland will keep the top pick. As much as they need, it would make so much more sense for them to trade down for mutiple picks.

That said, I still hope my dream comes true...and he comes back. But, I know it's not likely.

And by the way, if AD isn't the top RB taken i nthe draft, I'll cut out my own kidney and sell it on ebay.

Texas Golfer
12/22/2006, 12:15 AM
AD seems to understand that greed is not the answer when it comes to his future. It's gonna be a tough decision no doubt, but giving consideration to the other variables, such as having a complete, healthy season (or showcase season if you please), blowing away a few records maybe, and getting his degree, would be beneficial in more ways than one.
We all know money is nice (most of the time anyway), but it is not the answer to everything.
The thing I will always admire about AD is his work ethic, commitment to the team, and desire to win. I doubt that I will ever care how much money he makes, I only hope that he is smart with what he does make, which I would guess will be a lot, whether it be now or later.
I know I'm in the minority around here on the subject, but I think staying for his senior year holds potential for maturity, experience, possibly some records that could be hard for anyone to break, a Heisman, and other accolades that he deserves to have a shot at, and an even better chance at a pro career and the riches that come with it.
I guarantee you, if I was in his place, I'd be back next year. Call me crazy if you want, but the almighty dollar isn't everything. Of course, I'm taking into consideration that there will be a lot more dollars on the table next year if everything goes right, LOL! ;)

I agree with you. After researching the interest of him in the 2007 draft, if he doesn't go in the top 5, he should return to solidify a possible #1 pick in 2008.

Egeo
12/22/2006, 12:27 AM
im hoping he drops to the bears or ravens...

mightysooner
12/22/2006, 12:42 AM
Raiders need a QB. They'll take Quinn. Peterson will go to Detroit, Cleveland, or Tampa Bay.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/22/2006, 03:45 AM
i went back to 2000 (which btw is one of the strangest drafts i've ever seen. 1 QB taken in the first 2 QBs bulger and rattay in the 6th).

most likely positions taken in the 1st 6 picks

1. QB (8)
2 (6) RB (mind you 3 were taken 2 years ago and none of them have set the world on fire)
3-6 (5)
DE
OT
WR
DT

you have to think calvin johnson will be up there as well as quinn. the question becomes whether there are any top flight DL/TE/OT that will sneak in there.

colleyvillesooner
12/22/2006, 08:48 AM
i went back to 2000 (which btw is one of the strangest drafts i've ever seen. 1 QB taken in the first 2 QBs bulger and rattay in the 6th).

most likely positions taken in the 1st 6 picks

1. QB (8)
2 (6) RB (mind you 3 were taken 2 years ago and none of them have set the world on fire)
3-6 (5)
DE
OT
WR
DT

you have to think calvin johnson will be up there as well as quinn. the question becomes whether there are any top flight DL/TE/OT that will sneak in there.

The OT from Wisconsin i Believe is high on many draft charts.

Talus
12/22/2006, 09:26 AM
Cleveland needs a RB with Droughns having a very average 2 years and their back up just got hurt last week. The Brownies also need a QB, OL (multiple), DL, and DB. They have a good punter though!

SoCal
12/22/2006, 09:41 AM
Thats funny as hell!:D

JohnnyMack
12/22/2006, 10:04 AM
And by the way, if AD isn't the top RB taken i nthe draft, I'll cut out my own kidney and sell it on ebay.

Three-fiddy.

JohnnyMack
1/1/2007, 03:39 PM
Bumpitty.

I think he's got a solid shot to go to Cleveland.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2715578

colleyvillesooner
1/1/2007, 03:40 PM
That's my guess, opr a team that wants to trade up that wants him really bad.

Foty
1/1/2007, 06:48 PM

A buddy of mine told me the word in Houston is that they might be interested in Jake Plummer, and then draft Kolb in the 3rd-4th rd and groom him for the future.

Seems like that might be a good fit since Jake already is familar with the offense in Houston.

As far as AD goes I really hope he goes to Houston. The Texans really need a solid rb to fill all the skill positions. He's a franchise type back that has a bright future. Houston could possibly trade up to draft him. I guess we'll see.

85sooners
1/1/2007, 06:54 PM
dallas will take him if he is still avalable

Fiatil
1/1/2007, 06:57 PM
I pretty much want him drafted by any team aside from Cleveland. It's so hard to like a team who's logo is a solid color.

the_ouskull
1/1/2007, 08:41 PM
...and Tampa takes a def guy

Like that Tight End from that movie with Keanu Reeves... The Replacements?

the_ouskull