PDA

View Full Version : Body for Life Questions

frankensooner
12/21/2006, 11:58 AM
Okay, my wife is all set to start the Body for life thing here in a couple of weeks. She wants to follow the plan to a "t". I have one problem, that being the insanely high price of the myoflex products. Is there any substitute for this stuff? Plus I will have to convince her that the substitute is just as good. So help a brother out. tia.

ultimatesooner1
12/21/2006, 01:21 PM
try checking here (http://www.bodybuilding.com) for better prices if you haven't already

Boarder
12/21/2006, 01:38 PM
Optimum nutrition makes a meal replacement mix in a big jug. Tell her the difference between Myoplex and regular protien powder is that it's more than just protien. It's a complete nutrition meal with everything you need for a meal. That's why you look for a "meal replacement" instead of just protien powder.

Optimum's stuff mixes well and tastes just as good if not better than Myoplex.

Tell her I'm an expert in all things Body For Life and am available for any questions or consulting if you wish.

frankensooner
12/21/2006, 01:52 PM
Thank you Boarder. My wife and I are going to do BFL together. I am just a smidge overweight, 190lbs and 5'10". I am excited to see how it works. I may just take you up on your offer on questions. She has already bought the book and the cookbook and I have called the gym about reactivating our membership, so it looks like a go for January.

OhU1
12/21/2006, 02:01 PM
1. Bill Phillips is gay.
2. Bill Phillips writes books, pamphlets, or magazines pimping the over priced supplements he has a financial interest in (he also fails to disclose his financial interest in the products making his reviews appear to be impartial when they are not).
3. Nevertheless in general he gives good exercise advice. Just ignore his supplement talk.
4. His nickname on alt.fitness.weights is "ButtPlug"

frankensooner
12/21/2006, 02:03 PM
I figured out about a minute into the book that he was shilling expensive stuff in which he had a financial stake. That is why I am here looking for how to do it on the cheap(er). thanks.

RacerX
12/21/2006, 02:09 PM
fortunately for most dieters, life = 16 weeks +/- 15 weeks.

C&CDean
12/21/2006, 02:31 PM
fortunately for most dieters, life = 16 weeks +/- 15 weeks.

Truer words have never been spoken. There simply is not an effective "diet" out there - if you're interested in having a "body for life" - including Body for Life. Why? Because nobody is going to live the rest of their life eating/drinking supplements or starving themselves or leaving a big old plate of lasagna, or a hunk of pie, or a baked tater, or some fries off their menu for ever and ever. The key is to eat whatever you want, just eat less of it.

The formula has never changed. Eat less, exercise more. Try and insure that what you're eating is halfway good for you.

I recently decided that I'll never "diet" again. I'll be fiddy on my next birthday, and the years I have left I want to eat whatever I like. What I'm focusing on now is eating less of these good foods. And I'm changing the ratio of time I spend in the gym more to aerobics than strength training.

IB4OU2
12/21/2006, 02:34 PM
What's weird to me is I've lost over 20lbs in the last two months without dieting and Iv'e not changed my eating pattern at all....should i see a doctor?

frankensooner
12/21/2006, 02:38 PM
I have a condition called Sphincter of oddi dysfunction. If I eat too much rich foods, I get physically Ill. I have treated it thus far with watching what I eat and regular exercise, otherwise they want to go inside me and cut me up. I think this progam might be good for me, but basically I kind of am on a diet anyway.

RacerX
12/21/2006, 02:41 PM
What's weird to me is I've lost over 20lbs in the last two months without dieting and Iv'e not changed my eating pattern at all....should i see a doctor?

does your tapeworm have a name?

IB4OU2
12/21/2006, 02:43 PM
does your tapeworm have a name?

Could be a tapeworm? :eek:

frankensooner
12/21/2006, 02:44 PM
I think his internalized conjoined twin is doing BFL.

Boarder
12/22/2006, 03:37 PM
I rarely drink the shakes or anything. Mainly it's when I want something to eat and don't have time to fix it. BFL works excellent if you do it. Thing is, though, it's really really hard to keep it up for any long amount of time, much less for life. It will help you lose weight if you follow it and if you apply the basics to your normal routine, you'll stay in shape.

In the videos he makes it very clear he owns (or used to) EAS. It wouldn't surprise me that he was gay.

So, my advice would be to do BFL hardocre for the 12 weeks and after that, adjust the rest of your life to something like it. Meaning, eat out less, eat better things for you, exercise and lift weights. If you can do it for a while and change your lifetyle, it will stick.

It does work if you do it hardcore.

soonervegas
12/22/2006, 03:44 PM
BFL will rip you up if you do it right, especially at your body type and weight. I did not do any expensive shakes with it or anything like that. (I did eat myoplex candy bars just as a snack a few times a week.) C&C Dean is right...all BFL is, is portion control (try to pick healthy foods) and working your *** off in the gym. I never worked out that hard in 12 weeks and probably never will again.