Teaser :(

sanantoniosooner
10/16/2006, 06:34 PM
....next year in the NFL:P
I gave you a pass earlier.

Not this time.

soonerloyal
10/16/2006, 06:35 PM
Stop teasing and find something productive to do. Crack pipes aren't safe.

I can't believe I actually fell for it. Menopause sucks.

1991SOONER
10/16/2006, 06:58 PM
With any luck at all, he'll play for the Texans and I'll get to see him play here at home!!

Now if we can just get rid of Carr we might have somethin'..

rossg
10/16/2006, 09:22 PM
With any luck at all, he'll play for the Texans and I'll get to see him play here at home!!

Amen to that brother!

DarrellZero
10/16/2006, 09:25 PM

After watching the game yesterday, I believe Carr isn't your biggest problem.

You need 4 or 5 offensive linemen.

1991SOONER
10/16/2006, 09:28 PM

You need 4 or 5 offensive linemen.

Yeah, thats been an ongoing problem as well..

badger
10/16/2006, 09:42 PM
BOOOO!!!!
you, sir, have earned my anger today.:mad:

SoonerStud615
10/16/2006, 10:20 PM
didn't you guys hear of the protective outfit they made for Peterson? trust me, he's playing.
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/3631/robopetersonlv5.png

Jackal
10/16/2006, 10:25 PM
AD will prob end up going 3rd in the round, so maybe he can avoid the hellhole known as the Houston Texans.

ClintonSooner
10/16/2006, 10:55 PM
jackass...stfu

-ClintonSooner

stoopified
10/17/2006, 11:09 AM
Bleah!

buffalo1
10/17/2006, 11:34 AM
I think peterson plays for the sooners next year.

starclassic tama
10/17/2006, 12:16 PM
what a waste of a thread

achiro
10/17/2006, 12:32 PM
If I were a mod, I would bane you, maybe even permabane!

ADs_Agent
10/17/2006, 12:41 PM
there is a better chance that I start at RB for the sooners next year than AD coming back.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/17/2006, 02:33 PM
ban him ban him...

josh09
10/17/2006, 03:01 PM

one day i will hunt you down and murder you.

:D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2006, 03:10 PM

easy kellen winslow

Crimsontothecore
12/21/2006, 10:29 AM
I think Peterson should only play in the Fiesta Bowl if he announces he will return for his senior season. Why? Because we all know that if he plays, he will be the center of attention. The announcers will have their "countdown" all game long until he breaks the record. The camera will be hawking him every second.
This bothers me for several reasons. Not only was he not a part of this team going 7-0 down the stretch but he didn't play in the Big12 title game even though Stoops has said he was cleared to play. If he wants the record, why not get it against Nebraska instead of stealing the glory in the bowl game. I would like to see Thompson in the spotlight since he will be playing his final game as a Sooner. After all, this will be Paul's final game..not because he's leaving early for the NFL, but because he has played out his eligibility. It saddens me to know that Paul will play his final game in the shadow of Peterson, Especially after the guy has been the absolute ultimate team player.
If we picked ONE player who was more responsible for this seasons success than any other, it would be Paul Thompson, not Adrian Peterson.
Let me add that I realize none of this is AD's fault. He can't control what the media and announcers do. I know he's a great RB and I wish him all the best in his future.

BermudaSooner
12/21/2006, 10:37 AM
Peterson was on the sideline for every snap after his break. The kid was coaching AP after every time he came off the field--and you know what, it worked as AP started bouncing outside and gaining more yards.

Let the Fiesta Bowl announcers pimp whomever they want--the team won't be listening to the broadcast on the sidelines.

Further, with AD in the line-up, it gives PT a better opportunity to have a great game. Boise will have to keep 9-10 guys near the LOS to stop AD, giving Thompson the opportunity to score.

leavingthezoo
12/21/2006, 10:42 AM
you lost me at "not only was he not part of the team..."- that's the harshest thing i've seen on this board in... minutes. when exactly was he not part of the team?

he's not there to weed out the vultures of a media. he's there to play football. besides, unless he's playing every position, others will get face time, although i don't know why that's so important. [/shrug]

i do agree ENA was/is the ultimate team player this year. i love that guy.

yermom
12/21/2006, 10:43 AM
it's not like we are playing MTSU or something

i'd rather not spot an undefeated team our starting RB like we have the last 7 games or so

all AD has done is sacrifice his body for our enjoyment for 3 years. i think he deserves to play in what i likely his last bowl game, if he wants to

picasso
12/21/2006, 10:50 AM
AD has given his body and soul to this program. He can play anytime he wishes.

sendbaht
12/21/2006, 10:53 AM
"AD has given his body and soul to this program. He can play anytime he wishes."

AMEN BROTHER!

Beef
12/21/2006, 10:56 AM
I don't recall Stoops ever saying AD was cleared to play in the Big 12 Championship game but decided not to because he's a big fat pu$$y.

Ash
12/21/2006, 11:13 AM
Crimsontothecore is known to have some serious AD envy for some reason. So this post doesn't surprise me one bit.

There's no question or debate: AD is the starting tailback of the OU Sooners. You don't lose your spot because of injury (unless career ending), that would be complete BS.

Want more?

He was cleared to play in the CCG but was held out to err on the side of caution. He WANTS to play, to be a part of the team, to play in a bowl, in what could be his last collegiate game ever. He loves this team and OU. He's the best player on the offense. He's been practicing for weeks and supported his team while injured as well as anyone could have expected. He's a freaking bad *** and I want to see him blow up a few more safeties while wearing the crimson and cream before he goes pro.

I could go on.

Crimsontothecore
12/21/2006, 11:21 AM
Crimsontothecore is known to have some serious AD envy for some reason. So this post doesn't surprise me one bit..
Oh, do you mean when I made a post back in October after Peterson got hurt? When I said OU would be fine when most people here thought the sky had just fallen? When I said the other running backs were more than capable? Hmm.....7-0 and a conference title without AD. Guess I was right huh?
I remember seeing a ton of 7-5 predictions after the Iowa St. game.

Crimsontothecore
12/21/2006, 11:28 AM
Peterson was on the sideline for every snap after his break. The kid was coaching AP after every time he came off the field--and you know what, it worked as AP started bouncing outside and gaining more yards.
You have got to be kidding!! So now Peterson even gets the credit for the other backs success?:rolleyes:
I'll bet that when AD was 14, he gave advice to Stoops which helped him win the NC in 2000:P
As for the Berlin wall being torn down...that wasn't Reagan, It was ADRIAN PETERSON who got it done:rolleyes:

Ash
12/21/2006, 11:44 AM
Oh, do you mean when I made a post back in October after Peterson got hurt? When I said OU would be fine when most people here thought the sky had just fallen? When I said the other running backs were more than capable? Hmm.....7-0 and a conference title without AD. Guess I was right huh?
I remember seeing a ton of 7-5 predictions after the Iowa St. game.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77336

Texas Golfer
12/21/2006, 11:47 AM
Crimson, I believe you are a little misinformed. AD was not cleared to play. The doctors said he was not at 100%.

I think, knowing AD would like to break Billy's record, would have preferred to have two games in which to do it rather than just one. Had he been cleared to play in the CCG, I believe he would have.

soonerspudman
12/21/2006, 11:49 AM
Understand and agree that the offense has seen more in sync this year post-AD v. pre-AD. However, that may have less to do with AD and more to do with the O gelling during the course of this year. I believe that PT and not AD will be the game's MVP and both will go out winners, here's why: the WAC coaches that have some experience v. OU (Fresno, Tulsa) are saying publicly what we all know - that BSU must load the box to stop AD if they're to have any chance of winning. KW will therefore turn PT loose to exploit OU receiver v. BSU d-back mismatches. This is a direct result of AD playing in the game. Going out on a limb that AD may not get the record but PT will be +300 yard passing and have the limelight...

Dio
12/21/2006, 11:50 AM
C to the C is to AD what NickZepp was to Stoops

OUmillenium
12/21/2006, 11:53 AM
I understand Crimson's point - he wants Paul T to get some well deserved glory.

My only prob with AD playing is that our offense becomes super predictable, not just the ordinary predictable, when he is in. If Wilson/Stoops would balance out the passing in the early going, then I would not have any prob.

I just hope we win and win big! Go AD if you are in there!

Texas Golfer
12/21/2006, 11:54 AM
Crimson, although I agree that AP and CB did a great job in replacing AD, could that 7-0 run also be a part of the fact that the defense is playing much better, too?

Widescreen
You have got to be kidding!! So now Peterson even gets the credit for the other backs success?:rolleyes:

He was coaching them. If coaches don't have a hand in players' success, why do we even bother having coaches?

Ash
I understand Crimson's point - he wants Paul T to get some well deserved glory.

My only prob with AD playing is that our offense becomes super predictable, not just the ordinary predictable, when he is in. If Wilson/Stoops would balance out the passing in the early going, then I would not have any prob.

I just hope we win and win big! Go AD if you are in there!

Did you happen to catch the Okie lite game?

OhU1
12/21/2006, 11:57 AM
Peterson has proven his commitment to this team and has been there all year even if he wasn't able to be on the field. Peterson is a team player all the way. I hope we do not become too predictable feeding AD the ball like we have sometimes been in the past. That is not AD's fault - he will do whatever the coach's ask of him.

BermudaSooner
12/21/2006, 11:58 AM
I'll bet that when AD was 14, he gave advice to Stoops which helped him win the NC in 2000:P
As for the Berlin wall being torn down...that wasn't Reagan, It was ADRIAN PETERSON who got it done:rolleyes:

Your reading comprehension needs a little work. Let me rephrase, and I'll use small words so you can keep up.

Adrian could have stopped supporting his team and not attended the games. Adrian could have attended the games, and hung out with Toby Keith.

Instead, he was as pumped up as ever, staying involved in the game in the only way he could. Of course Adrian is not responsible for AP's yards, but he sure as hell seemed to keep AP focused and improving. Adrian is as much a member of this team as anyone who took every snap on his side of the ball--to deny that makes you a complete idiot.

flopshotjoe99
12/21/2006, 12:26 PM
By BRIAN DAVIS / The Dallas Morning News

NORMAN, Okla. – Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson will sit down with coach Bob Stoops before the Christmas break and discuss his future.

If the junior decides to declare for the NFL draft, Peterson could be risking millions of dollars by playing in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl against No. 9 Boise State.

More: Oklahoma
But Peterson said Wednesday he isn't worried about injuring his collarbone again. He just wants back on the field to try and become OU's all-time rushing leader. Peterson needs 151 yards to break Billy Sims' mark of 4,118 yards set from 1975 through 1979.

"I've been playing the game since I was 7," Peterson said. "A lot of guys speculate and say that I'm not coming back or why should he play? But I love the game. That's why I play. I love the game, I love the guys that I play with.

"God's decided for me to be back out there, so I'm just ready to get back in the groove and play."

Peterson has not spoken publicly since the week after breaking his collarbone on Oct. 14. He dove into the end zone on a 53-yard touchdown run against Iowa State and knew something was wrong.

It's widely assumed that Peterson will declare for the NFL draft. So why would a player with a history of health issues (separated shoulder, sprained ankle and broken collarbone) who could become a top-10 pick put that in jeopardy?

"There are a lot of good reasons why these guys want to finish their careers and years and play," Stoops said.

"When it boils down to it, it's my decision and what I feel like is best for me," Peterson said. "I really don't let outside things influence my decision. I'm the one that's going to have to live with it."

Stoops has already indicated Peterson will start against Boise State. That would relegate Allen Patrick to a backup role. Patrick started seven games in Peterson's absence, and his play was a major reason OU is even in the Fiesta Bowl.

Patrick didn't seem fazed at the idea that his carries will decrease so Peterson can play and possibly get Sims' record.

"I'm looking forward to seeing him break the records and put on a show for everybody," Patrick said.

sooneron
12/21/2006, 01:10 PM
This thread is ****ing stupid and I am led to believe that AD kicked sand in crimsontothecore's face at some point.

SoonerShay
12/21/2006, 02:21 PM
Patrick only started 5 games not 7. He didn't even play against Baylor or Texas Tech.

Texas Golfer
12/21/2006, 02:30 PM
One would think that Brian Davis would do a little research before writing an article short on facts.

SunDevilSooner
12/21/2006, 03:04 PM
Crimson to the Core...you are kidding with this thread, right? Sheeesh...:rolleyes:

jwlynn64
12/21/2006, 03:07 PM
He also broke his collarbone while "diving" into the endzone. Guess he didn't actually watch the play either. ;)

picasso
12/21/2006, 03:09 PM
you wanks that think our offense is better without AD seem to have forgotten about the Oregon game. that was IMO our best peformance of the season.

some people really amaze me.:confused:

Desert Sapper
12/21/2006, 03:22 PM
you wanks that think our offense is better without AD seem to have forgotten about the Oregon game. that was IMO our best peformance of the season.

some people really amaze me.:confused:

...maybe our defense started tackling?

...maybe our young O-Line got better with more experience?

...maybe AD is going to run roughshod all over Boise?

Ash
12/21/2006, 04:08 PM
I hate pot stirring bitches that can't think of anything good to say so they whore for attention by trying to start a slap fight.

StoopTroup
12/21/2006, 04:14 PM
C to the C...

Your way off base on this one....

PT, AP, Gute, Brown ect....deserve the accolades they get for what they have done after AD went down....

AD deserves to play. He got hurt. He's better. He's probably leaving and this is possibly his last game as an amateur. He plays. It's just that simple.

The kid has played football since he was 7....for anyone to think he doesn't deserve to play because it's not fair to his teammates...they must not understand the word "Team" then.

jwlynn64
12/21/2006, 05:59 PM
As Stoops has always said, the best players make it on the field. Period.

No one on the team is assured of that right, you earn it each game by being the best at your position.

AlbqSooner
12/21/2006, 08:34 PM
Adrian is as much a member of this team as anyone who took every snap on his side of the ball--to deny that makes you a complete idiot.
Nahhh, CtoC was a complete idiot before he denied that.:D

Texas Golfer
12/21/2006, 08:45 PM
Crimson just has a hard-on for AD. Every thread that CtotheC starts is about AD.

85sooners
12/21/2006, 10:42 PM
crimson is a dip ****

Widescreen
12/21/2006, 10:51 PM
I notice he hasn't had much to say in this thread he started.

Crimsontothecore
12/21/2006, 11:36 PM
My original post wasn't a rip on AD but rather on the treatment he gets.
Yes, I realize he was still on the team during his injury but like it or not, He wasn't a "part" of this team finishing 7-0. Though still on the team, he wasn't an active member, therefore he did not contribute to any of those wins including the Big12 title game..just a fact.
Seriously, you people act as though it is a crime for someone to view AD as anything other than the "GREATEST RUNNING BACK OF ALL TIME". You don't even let facts get in the way. The fact is OU's running game was MORE effective when he didn't play. Don't shoot me, just go look at the stats. Second fact is that Allen Patrick averaged more YPG. Again, just read the numbers. These aren't my opinions, they are FACTS.
Amazing that I get called everything from an idiot to an ***hole for stating nothing more than pure fact.
I'm not going to apologize for being a bigger fan of this team than I am of an individual who only contributed half the season (no, it wasn't his fault and I know he would like to have played).
I seriously wonder how some of you will survive the post-AD era of OU football since you seem to credit him with all of this teams success right down to giving him credit for the other backs success ( I'm sure Cale Gundy would appreciate knowing AD did a better job of coaching than he did):rolleyes:

birddog
12/21/2006, 11:44 PM
i think you're overanalyzing things a bit too much. ad is the starter and he will play against bsu..

it's pretty simple.

Egeo
12/21/2006, 11:53 PM
Peterson has proven his commitment to this team and has been there all year even if he wasn't able to be on the field. Peterson is a team player all the way. I hope we do not become too predictable feeding AD the ball like we have sometimes been in the past. That is not AD's fault - he will do whatever the coach's ask of him.
right on. the guy is an OU player. if he's the best rb he needs to play. no question he's the most talented player on our team and probably in the country.

sooneron
12/21/2006, 11:59 PM
Seriously, are you Nick Zepp?

The reason why I ask this is because that is all the Nick could do. Look at the stats and not what actually causes those stats.

BTW, you are way off, How is it that AD has 5.6 ypc and Brown has 4.9 and Patrick has 4.4?? Either you got the facts wrong or you are a liar.

picasso
12/22/2006, 12:08 AM
Yes, I realize he was still on the team during his injury but like it or not, He wasn't a "part" of this team finishing 7-0. Though still on the team, he wasn't an active member, therefore he did not contribute to any of those wins including the Big12 title game..just a fact.
Seriously, you people act as though it is a crime for someone to view AD as anything other than the "GREATEST RUNNING BACK OF ALL TIME". You don't even let facts get in the way. The fact is OU's running game was MORE effective when he didn't play. Don't shoot me, just go look at the stats. Second fact is that Allen Patrick averaged more YPG. Again, just read the numbers. These aren't my opinions, they are FACTS.
Amazing that I get called everything from an idiot to an ***hole for stating nothing more than pure fact.
I'm not going to apologize for being a bigger fan of this team than I am of an individual who only contributed half the season (no, it wasn't his fault and I know he would like to have played).
I seriously wonder how some of you will survive the post-AD era of OU football since you seem to credit him with all of this teams success right down to giving him credit for the other backs success ( I'm sure Cale Gundy would appreciate knowing AD did a better job of coaching than he did):rolleyes:

keep typing and looking a fool.

SunDevilSooner
12/22/2006, 12:09 AM
CtC..have you EVER played ANY organized sport...been a part of any team?

To say that AD is not a "part" of the team (your quotation marks) is just ignorant. He's as much a part of this team as ANY member that played in the last 7 games. (Apparently the first 5 games he played in don't count in your world...). Unreal... :mad:

picasso
12/22/2006, 12:09 AM
it's just the most amazing thing I've ever heard. our running game is better without AD. it's pure brilliance.:D

picasso
12/22/2006, 12:11 AM
he's got to be somebody's sick troll.

SleestakSooner
12/22/2006, 01:03 AM
C to the C,

It is shameful to think that the Sooners should not field the best team possible due to the fact that one of the team leaders and possibly the best running back in OU history (just check the stats ;) ) might detract from the attention the second and third best players in that position might garner in his absense.

OU has proven all year that they have an impressive running game no matter which of the backs is carrying the ball. Your logic (if it can be called that) is flawed and your agenda is apparent. We all realize this is a team sport and no single player should get a majority of credit. But like it or not the cream will rise to the top and be noticed. Deal with it and quit yer bitchin'

Oh and if this doesn't get through that skull of yours see my sig, it applies to you on this topic for sure.:pop:

Crimsontothecore
12/22/2006, 01:30 AM
CtC..have you EVER played ANY organized sport...been a part of any team?

To say that AD is not a "part" of the team (your quotation marks) is just ignorant. He's as much a part of this team as ANY member that played in the last 7 games. (Apparently the first 5 games he played in don't count in your world...). Unreal... :mad:
You're right, AD was still a member of the team. He was just as responsible for those final seven victories as...oh..Joey Halzle. Why isn't Halzle getting some credit? He performed every bit as much as did AD.
And by the way, AD played in the first 6 games.

Crimsontothecore
12/22/2006, 01:32 AM
it's just the most amazing thing I've ever heard. our running game is better without AD. it's pure brilliance.:D
With AD- 171.6 ypg
Without AD- 180 ypg
Sorry to keep clouding the issue with simple facts.

Crimsontothecore
12/22/2006, 01:41 AM
C to the C,

It is shameful to think that the Sooners should not field the best team possible due to the fact that one of the team leaders and possibly the best running back in OU history (just check the stats ;) ) might detract from the attention the second and third best players in that position might garner in his absense.

OU has proven all year that they have an impressive running game no matter which of the backs is carrying the ball. Your logic (if it can be called that) is flawed and your agenda is apparent. We all realize this is a team sport and no single player should get a majority of credit. But like it or not the cream will rise to the top and be noticed. Deal with it and quit yer bitchin'

Oh and if this doesn't get through that skull of yours see my sig, it applies to you on this topic for sure.:pop:
I never said that attention was being taken from the other backs. My argument was over the attention he would get over Paul Thompson.
AD will play in the bowl and the storyline of the game will be his pursuit of the record. I still think Paul is the bigger story. Paul is the undeniable MVP of this team..period. Any of you who disagree with that are absolute idiots.

Thompson's sacrifice for this team along with his outstanding performance this year is a bigger story than that of an anointed RB who's only played ONE complete season since he's been here.

SleestakSooner
12/22/2006, 01:45 AM
I never said that attention was being taken from the other backs. My argument was over the attention he would get over Paul Thompson.
AD will play in the bowl and the storyline of the game will be his pursuit of the record. I still think Paul is the bigger story. Paul is the undeniable MVP of this team..period. Any of you who disagree with that are absolute idiots.

Thompson's sacrifice for this team along with his outstanding performance this year is a bigger story than that of an anointed RB who's only played ONE complete season since he's been here.

Your allusion to the idea that some of us have deified AD makes me think you should have read and heeded my sig. :O

Crimsontothecore
12/22/2006, 01:58 AM
Your allusion to the idea that some of us have deified AD makes me think you should have read and heeded my sig. :O
Have you not? When you proclaim him as the "best running back in OU history" when he has yet to earn that distinction.

P.S. Since you are so proud of your signature, At least spell it correctly. The word is VERBOSITIES, not VERBOCITIES:rolleyes:
In any event, there's nothing verbose about the simply stated facts I presented.

SleestakSooner
12/22/2006, 02:30 AM
If you are going to quote me don't play politician and use partial quotes to try and help you make yet another ridiculous (did I spell that right?:meat:) point.

I said that AD is possibly the best back in OU history according to yards gained and in only three partial years. If he gains over 150 in the bowl game (he damned well deserves to be playing in) he will IN FACT be the number one back of all time for OU. How is that deifying AD?

You need to quit hating on AD just because everyone else likes the guy.

P.S. Thanks for the copy editing, way to use spell check! If I spell it right will you actually STFU?

AlbqSooner
12/22/2006, 07:40 AM
Someone help me here. I am old and tend to forget things. What does the "B" stand for in "QB"?

Ash
12/22/2006, 08:12 AM
he's got to be somebody's sick troll.

I've been thinking that. Apparently, somebody thinks it's cute and clever and keeps him/her/it in the green. :rolleyes:

Attention whore trolls = SUCCS

picasso
12/22/2006, 09:42 AM
With AD- 171.6 ypg
Without AD- 180 ypg
Sorry to keep clouding the issue with simple facts.
and that's because AD was out? simple indeed. dick comes to mind.

Beef
12/22/2006, 10:46 AM
You said that he was completely cleared to play and that HE chose not to. Since both of those are false, I would say that you were ripping on AD.

SunDevilSooner
12/22/2006, 10:46 AM
I'm done with this thread. This mental defective is obviously a troll...he should change his username to A$$ClownToTheCore.

Widescreen
12/22/2006, 10:53 AM
Based on one of your comments, you're good at spelling but not so much at reading. I haven't seen anywhere in this thread that someone said that AD did a better job of coaching than Gundy. :rolleyes: is typically reserved for comments that people actually made. YWIA.

85sooners
12/22/2006, 12:32 PM
stfu crimson!!!

AimForCenterMass
12/22/2006, 04:28 PM
AD is an acronym for "All Day" and this kid has heart and drive. AD wants to play because he wants to play. I don't think his desire to suit up has anything to do with breaking Billy's record, but the need to do what he loves to do so much; something he hasn't done in weeks.

AD is a college football player and when his college football team is playing, he'll be playing. That's all there is to it.

Here's to a great game for AD and a win for the Sooners!

Boomer Sooner

Crimsontothecore
12/22/2006, 08:15 PM
Based on one of your comments, you're good at spelling but not so much at reading. I haven't seen anywhere in this thread that someone said that AD did a better job of coaching than Gundy. :rolleyes: is typically reserved for comments that people actually made. YWIA.
Maybe it's you who can't read. See Page 1 of this thread, post #2 from Bermudasooner.

Crimsontothecore
12/22/2006, 08:19 PM
If you are going to quote me don't play politician and use partial quotes to try and help you make yet another ridiculous (did I spell that right?:meat:) point.

I said that AD is possibly the best back in OU history according to yards gained and in only three partial years. If he gains over 150 in the bowl game (he damned well deserves to be playing in) he will IN FACT be the number one back of all time for OU. How is that deifying AD?

You need to quit hating on AD just because everyone else likes the guy.

P.S. Thanks for the copy editing, way to use spell check! If I spell it right will you actually STFU?
Glad to see you changed your sig. You're welcome.
Believe it or not, I didn't need spellcheck. I noticed the error the first time I read it but didn't say anything (sparing your feelings) until you kept referring to it.

Widescreen
12/22/2006, 08:37 PM
Maybe it's you who can't read. See Page 1 of this thread, post #2 from Bermudasooner.
I'll give you $1000 if you can show me where it says anything about Gundy in that post. It doesn't even imply anything about Gundy. All it says is that AD was coaching AP which you'd have to be blind not to know.

Crimsontothecore
12/22/2006, 08:44 PM
. I don't think his desire to suit up has anything to do with breaking Billy's record, but the need to do what he loves to do so much; something he hasn't done in weeks.
Doesn't have anything to do with the record huh? Read the first paragraph on the second page of this link:
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9882916

Edmond Sooner
12/22/2006, 08:48 PM
:confused:

I don't agree with just about anything you've written in this post. So many levels of wrong...don't know where to begin.

He deserves to play, and he is going to play. And I wish him all the best for whatever it is he decides to do after that.

Crimsontothecore
12/22/2006, 08:50 PM
I'll give you $1000 if you can show me where it says anything about Gundy in that post. It doesn't even imply anything about Gundy. All it says is that AD was coaching AP which you'd have to be blind not to know.
Ok, This is Patrick's second season to play and Bermudasooner clearly stated that he got better because Peterson was on the sidelines coaching him. Last time I checked, Gundy was the RB's coach at OU and maybe, just maybe, it was Gundy's coaching during practices that made a difference and not AD talking to him on the sidelines.....do you think that's a possibility?
There is a CLEAR insinuation that AD made the difference in Patrick's performance as there was no mention of Gundy.

okieballin
12/22/2006, 08:52 PM
please put this thread to rest. it's become completely redundant; plus ,c to the c keeps coming off as a total tool, who only want to ague and get attention.

Crimsontothecore
12/22/2006, 09:01 PM
please put this thread to rest. it's become completely redundant; plus ,c to the c keeps coming off as a total tool, who only want to ague and get attention.
If you go back and read my original post, you'll see that my whole opinion was an indictment of the media and the lopsided attention AD will get as opposed to the players who got it done down the stretch. It was never a stab at Peterson. I wish everyone would Go back and read the final sentence of my original post before they assume that my whole post was to slam AD.

Widescreen
12/22/2006, 09:02 PM
Last time I checked, Gundy was the RB's coach at OU and maybe, just maybe, it was Gundy's coaching during practices that made a difference and not AD talking to him on the sidelines.....do you think that's a possibility?
Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing since you've been shown repeatedly to be in the wrong. Have fun.

Crimsontothecore
12/22/2006, 09:05 PM
Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing since you've been shown repeatedly to be in the wrong. Have fun.
I've not been shown to be wrong on anything I said. I've presented facts while the respondents such as you have argued.

starclassic tama
12/22/2006, 10:17 PM
congratulations on making the most ridiculous and stupid thread in the history of soonerfans

85sooners
12/22/2006, 10:27 PM
what a waste of a thread yeah

Desert Sapper
12/23/2006, 12:25 AM
congratulations on making the most ridiculous and stupid thread in the history of soonerfans

I don't care who y'are. That's funny, right thar.:D

Texas Golfer
12/23/2006, 03:08 AM

I don't think anyone would argue that PT is our MVP for the season. That doesn't mean that AD shouldn't play in the Fiesta Bowl for fear it would take attention away from PT. Stoops has always said that the best players will play and there's no disputing that, although AP is very good, AD is clearly our best RB.

AD has an opportunity to break the all time rushing record at OU and we're not supposed to play him or give him the opportunity for fear of taking away attention from PT? Get a clue.

jrsooner
12/23/2006, 07:02 AM
You need 4 or 5 offensive linemen.yeah...but you gotta start somewhere, and the best start would be lopping the head off the hydra.

SleestakSooner
12/23/2006, 10:44 AM
You know what... C to the C is right. Let's boo Peterson and run him off the field if they try to play him, because the media has given him too much credit and even if he only gets 20 yards he will be their focus!!!

Hell while we are at it, let's make the PGA kick Tiger out for a season or two. I get so tired of them showing nothing but every shot he hits and the tools in the audience screaming "GET IN THE HOLE!"

Same goes for LT down in San Diego. He's getting too much press, let's bench him too!

Or how about this... let's stop dealing with this moron and his thread, it is getting too much media hype and detracting from the other fine posts on these boards.

stoopified
12/23/2006, 11:03 AM
easy kellen winslowKelle?I thought it was Rosie O'Donnell.

stoopified
12/23/2006, 11:11 AM
IF AD wants to play,he plays,end of story.

Texas Golfer
12/23/2006, 01:00 PM

Crimson, you are such a hypocrite! You complain on all of your threads that AD gets more attention than PT and yet every thread you start deals with AD.

Texas Golfer
12/23/2006, 01:02 PM
there is a better chance that I start at RB for the sooners next year than AD coming back.

I think I'll stick with AD playing for the Sooners next year rather than you.

Crimsontothecore
12/23/2006, 02:20 PM
Crimson, you are such a hypocrite! You complain on all of your threads that AD gets more attention than PT and yet every thread you start deals with AD.
Not hypocritical at all. I just like jacking with those of you who thought the season was over when he got hurt. Don't forget, I'm the one who said the team would be fine without him...and I was right:D

Crimsontothecore
12/23/2006, 02:28 PM
You know what... C to the C is right. Let's boo Peterson and run him off the field if they try to play him, because the media has given him too much credit and even if he only gets 20 yards he will be their focus!!!

Hell while we are at it, let's make the PGA kick Tiger out for a season or two. I get so tired of them showing nothing but every shot he hits and the tools in the audience screaming "GET IN THE HOLE!"

Same goes for LT down in San Diego. He's getting too much press, let's bench him too!

Or how about this... let's stop dealing with this moron and his thread, it is getting too much media hype and detracting from the other fine posts on these boards.
Let me explain the difference.
Woods started winning majors, then the hype followed. He earned it. He has redefined the sport he excels in.
Same goes for Tomlinson. Performance first, then the hype.
Peterson, on the other hand, Was surrounded by hype BEFORE he even arrived. He had ONE great year two years ago (obviously a benefit of being on a team with a Heisman winner). His numbers since are AVERAGE AT BEST, but the hype is still enormous.
1104 yards in 2005 and 935 in 2006 but, he is still called the greatest RB in the country and of the last 50 years. go figure.
Since i'm so alone in my thinking, why doesn't he have the Heisman he was supposed to win this year?
Answer: Because people with brains don't hand out awards based on hype and expectation.

mightysooner
12/23/2006, 02:40 PM
but I was working out at my gym last Tuesday (here in OKC) and guess who was in there working out with one of his buddies? Yep.......it was Rhett Bomar himself. I still can't belive it. This kid is either stupid, or has huge cujones. Also, I was eating at Chilis yesterday on memorial during my lunch hour and the bartender there said he came in there as well last week with the same buddy. Un-fricking-believable!

Partial Qualifier
12/23/2006, 02:50 PM
bah, big deal. The kid made some mistakes that ultimately hurt himself way more than he hurt OU. Get past it.

stoopified
12/23/2006, 02:57 PM
bah, big deal. The kid made some mistakes that ultimately hurt himself way more than he hurt OU. Get past it.
Until the NCAA quits snooping around OU digging for more dirtI have to strongly DISAGREE with your statement.

mightysooner
12/23/2006, 03:00 PM
Oh I'm past it. I just can't believe the audacity frankly. There are some pretty crazy fans around here who wouldn't be as tolerant of his presence as I am I'm sure.

Partial Qualifier
12/23/2006, 03:22 PM
Until the NCAA quits snooping around OU digging for more dirtI have to strongly DISAGREE with your statement.

Maybe, just because he happened to be the guy who got caught, he saved us from a bigger problem down the road. You never know.

He's a stupid kid who's bad moves cost OU some headaches but probably cost himself millions. Sure he's a fool but I have a hard time vilifying the guy.

Partial Qualifier
12/23/2006, 03:25 PM
There are some pretty crazy fans around here who wouldn't be as tolerant of his presence as I am I'm sure.

sorry - I agree - wasn't really directed at you, just all the grownups who'll get in line to bash the kid.

DarrellZero
12/23/2006, 03:33 PM
Al said on the radio that he is still dating a Hornets cheerleader and sometimes comes up for games.

blackbeauty02
12/23/2006, 03:35 PM
i would have asked him if he wants a spot and then let him drop the weight on himself. what gym was it? my gym is always full of sooner fans sporting attire. I guarantee he wouldn't have stayed more than 10 minutes with them.

critical_phil
12/23/2006, 03:36 PM
There are some pretty crazy fans around here who wouldn't be as tolerant of his presence as I am I'm sure.

those people are not fans, they're *********s.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/23/2006, 03:37 PM
I would have stabbed in the neck with a 15 pound dumb bell ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/23/2006, 03:38 PM
Speaking of Honeybee's, did you hear about the one that died in a car wreck?

SleestakSooner
12/23/2006, 03:49 PM
hmmm, how did this post get put on this thread?

SleestakSooner
12/23/2006, 03:57 PM
Yeah she was a part time cheerleader and OCU student who grew up locally in the OCK area. Saw the news last night on the local news. :(

Crimsontothecore
12/23/2006, 04:02 PM
but I was working out at my gym last Tuesday (here in OKC) and guess who was in there working out with one of his buddies? Yep.......it was Rhett Bomar himself. I still can't belive it. This kid is either stupid, or has huge cujones. Also, I was eating at Chilis yesterday on memorial during my lunch hour and the bartender there said he came in there as well last week with the same buddy. Un-fricking-believable!
You're kidding!!!! I thought for sure he was probably living somewhere in Idaho under a different name:rolleyes:
The way this season has turned out, I think you should have shook his hand, said thank you and wished him a merry Christmas.

stoopified
12/23/2006, 04:08 PM
Maybe, just because he happened to be the guy who got caught, he saved us from a bigger problem down the road. You never know.

He's a stupid kid who's bad moves cost OU some headaches but probably cost himself millions. Sure he's a fool but I have a hard time vilifying the guy.He more than likely didn't cost himseld a penny.IF he is NFL materialthey will find him at SHSU and he will still get his money.What he did do was open OU up to the NCAA which has a major hrd-on for us in the first place.The only reason Quinn got in on the racket was because he was boneheads roomate.Bomar was the cause of this NCAA sh!tstorm .

OK2LA
12/23/2006, 04:13 PM
Al said on the radio that he is still dating a Hornets cheerleader and sometimes comes up for some strange.

Fixed

Texas Golfer
12/23/2006, 09:50 PM
Not hypocritical at all. I just like jacking with those of you who thought the season was over when he got hurt. Don't forget, I'm the one who said the team would be fine without him...and I was right:D

The hypocrisy is that you complain that AD gets more attention than PT, but every thread you start is about AD which means you perpetuate the problem as you see it. That makes you the hypocrite.

goingoneight
12/24/2006, 03:29 AM

I already told Gordon Reise that... :D

j/k...

SunDevilSooner
12/24/2006, 01:07 PM
[QUOTE=Crimsontothecore]Let me explain the difference.
Woods started winning majors, then the hype followed. He earned it. He has redefined the sport he excels in.
QUOTE]

This reply shows what a complete DUMBA$$ you are. Tiger was the MOST HYPED player EVER...BEFORE winning a single PGA event. He signed a $40M contract with Nike BEFORE ever swinging a golf club professionally. Turns out the hype was correct...just as the hype for Peterson was correct. He needs about 150 yards to break the career record of one of the greatest backs in history IN HIS JUNIOR YEAR. He will be a top 5 pick in the draft should he choose to leave early

You, sir, are a major a$$clown...it pains me to think that you are a Sooner fan...