PDA

View Full Version : Nutt picks Dick...

Fraggle145
12/21/2006, 05:25 AM
I could care less about Arkansas football, I just wanted to use the title...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls06/news/story?id=2704157

Nutt picks Dick to start over Mustain

Associated Press

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas coach Houston Nutt on Wednesday named Casey Dick as the starting quarterback against No. 6 Wisconsin in the Jan. 1 Capital One Bowl, but he said Mitch Mustain would also go into the game for the third Arkansas series.

Nutt said how the two play early in the game will determine which of them gets the majority of snaps for the remainder of the game.

"Both of them had great attitudes, both of them worked extremely hard and both of them deserve to play," Nutt said. "We are going start out with Casey. He will take the first two series and then Mitch [Mustain] will come in for the third series and then we will play it from there."

Nutt called off a practice that had been set for Wednesday afternoon so players could get a jump on Christmas break. The team will gather in Orlando on Christmas night. Nutt said his team had "an excellent nine practices," which earned them freedom from the last Fayetteville workout.

The attention surrounding the No. 12 Razorbacks of late has been greater than the competition for quarterback.

Receiver Damian Williams was granted his release after Williams' parents and the parents of Mustain and receiver Ben Cleveland met with athletic director Frank Broyles after a regular season that saw the team use a run-oriented offense.

Also, Mustain was quoted in a book about last year's Springdale High School team in which he suggested Arkansas would have a better chance recruiting him if Nutt were fired. Mustain has since said he apologized to his coach. Mustain, Williams and Cleveland all attended Springdale.

As a starter this season, Mustain went 8-0, but he was pulled from the South Carolina game after his first pass was intercepted.

Nutt said Mustain has improved in bowl practices.

"Totally, totally different the last nine practices than it was from the South Carolina game on," Nutt said of Mustain. "You could just tell the way he was throwing, the way he was thinking."

The team is to gather in Orlando on Christmas night and has a practice scheduled for 2 p.m. on Dec. 26.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

mikeelikee
12/21/2006, 10:12 AM
As I understand it, Casey has gotten to know the coach's family very well. It only makes sense that Dick is close to the Nutts. :D

The Maestro
12/21/2006, 10:22 AM
This Nutt/Dick thing will never NOT be funny!

soonerboy_odanorth
12/21/2006, 10:36 AM
I'm just waiting for the day when Nutt benches Dick and the headline reads:

"Dick Loses Nutt Support"

Okieflyer
12/21/2006, 10:41 AM
Don't forget the Classic...

October 31, 2005

Nutt wants Dick in pocket against 'Cocks

Arkansas football coach Houston Nutt is taking the redshirt off freshman QB Casey Dick, opting to start him against South Carolina this week. The move to bench starter Robert Johnson comes as the Razorbacks are 0-4 in the SEC.

If you're an Arkansas fan, you have to think that this is a nod to next year. Nutt knows his 2-5 team is going nowhere fast, so they might as well get some playing time for the Frosh.

((Giggle))

(And yes, I mostly posted this story so you could have an outlet for your Nutt, Dick, Johnson, and Cocks double entendre.)

yermom
12/21/2006, 10:46 AM
didn't he get wrapped up by the Trojans early in the year?

Boomer.....
12/21/2006, 11:10 AM
Yeah, they contained em pretty well.

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
12/21/2006, 11:16 AM
I'm just waiting for the day when Nutt benches Dick and the headline reads:

"Dick Loses Nutt Support"
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
12/21/2006, 11:17 AM
Mustain should transfer here anyway.

SicEmBaylor
12/21/2006, 11:23 AM
Didn't Frank Broyles used to work for OU?

Fraggle145
12/21/2006, 03:20 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA!! exactly why I made this thread.

Nutt Dick combo muStains the sheets...

Desert Sapper
12/21/2006, 03:38 PM
didn't he get wrapped up by the Trojans early in the year?

Yeah, I think they really played with Nutt's boys hard. They were practically ramming Johnson into the rug all night. The Trojans covered every member on Nutt's squad like a blanket.;)

tommieharris91
12/21/2006, 03:49 PM
Hmmm...I guess I missed my chance to write:

"Nutt Likes Dick over Johnson"

Jewstin
12/21/2006, 05:41 PM
I'm waiting for the headline, "Nutt explodes, says Dick has gone soft" ... subheading, "'Stain to cover 'Backs."

Maybe that's a little too graphic...

SoonerJLB
12/21/2006, 05:45 PM
Nutt likes Dick over Johnson. What is the difference? I think Dick would have been a better fit against the Trojans. Dick is more polished than Booty.:)

jthomas666
12/21/2006, 08:05 PM
If Nutt had chosen Mustain to start, would the headline have read

Nutt's Dick Rides the Pine?

OU-HSV
12/21/2006, 08:39 PM
Nutt has been hard up for Dick since the Bama game
Seems like that's when Stain could be found on the bench.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/21/2006, 10:22 PM
You think the book had anything to do with that?

Bob Sacamento
12/21/2006, 10:35 PM
I would like to get the Arkansas/USC game tape and redo the audio with Raymond (Rain Man) Babbitt doing the game.

Nutt, Dick, Johnson, Booty and Trojans are just asking for a good driver...

Fraggle145
12/21/2006, 11:01 PM
best thread I have ever started... /pats self on the back.

goingoneight
12/21/2006, 11:06 PM
We know, man... we know.