PDA

View Full Version : OU loses to Ohio St....

Blue
12/21/2006, 02:06 AM
In ESPN Candy Fantasy Land. I was really hoping we'd pull that game out too. Oh well, maybe next year the Wizard and all his elves will show us favor.

Fuggin redicurus.

All_Day_28
12/21/2006, 02:07 AM
Big 10 bias that's all

Blue
12/21/2006, 02:08 AM
More like Dork Bias.

All_Day_28
12/21/2006, 02:17 AM
More like Dork Bias.
same difference

Boomer.....
12/21/2006, 09:25 AM
At least Herbie said that we would give them all they want and AD would have a huge game.

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
12/21/2006, 10:01 AM
Did we play them in football already? This is the football thread right?

josh09
12/21/2006, 10:56 AM
Mark May really is a dousche.

The first thing he says is, "Are you kidding me?"

Seriously, whats his problem with us?

Boomer.....
12/21/2006, 11:07 AM
And how the great all-mighty Troy Smith and his dynamic batch of reciever will destroy us. :rolleyes:

crimson&cream
12/21/2006, 11:24 AM
Women's Basketball last night!

All_Day_28
12/21/2006, 04:09 PM
They were obviously underestimating our defense which is exactly what I think would win that game for us, if they really played.

dougsooner
12/21/2006, 04:17 PM
Man that Mark May is one bright dude, oh wait, he's an idiot.... I always get those two things confused.... If espn brings Holtz and May back next season I think I'll start to drink, okay okay, drink more more often.

josh09
12/21/2006, 04:21 PM
WORD

StoopTroup
12/21/2006, 05:46 PM
I was wondering where we go to get OUr Trophy?

What If Sports (http://www.whatifsports.com/decmadness/bracket.asp?r=2)

Sooners - 26
Florida - 20

Pitched as the first real test for the Sooners since they faced Texas as well as an opportunity for Chris Leak to exploit a young defense like Colt McCoy did earlier in the season, Oklahoma more than proved its mettle with an exciting nail-biter in the last quarterfinal matchup of the December Madness playoffs.

It did not start as a nail-biter though. Three first quarter touchdowns had the Sooners dominating the second seeded Gators 20-3 before Florida was able to find its game. The team opened its possession with Leak on the bench and the versatile freshman Percy Harvin taking snaps and running the spread option out of the shotgun.

After picking up 20 yards on runs and 15 on a facemask penalty, wily head coach Urban Meyer left Leak on the bench to bring in Tim Tebow for the first time in the tournament. Tebow faked the draw to the left side of the field, a play he had run over 60 times in the regular season, and launched a perfect strike to Dallas Baker in the endzone.

The Gators were energized and pulled within ten points at a critical juncture. The spark was not as great as anticipated, though, as Florida’s offense stalled again against the Sooner’s defense. Oklahoma added a few Garrett Hartley field goals to extend its lead to 26-10 before the light came back on for the Gators.

Leak led a fourth quarter field goal drive and, while they could not capitalize on a Ryan Smith interception of Paul Thompson, the defense got the ball back again on an Adrian Peterson fumble near the goal line. Leak hit running back Kestahn Moore for a touchdown on the first play of the next drive and, all of the sudden, this was a one possession game.

Florida lucked out again, getting the ball back with 2:22 left in the game. The freshman phenom Tebow cost the team this time, coughing up the ball on the Sooners’ 37 yard line in a rush attempt. One Oklahoma first down later the game was over and a tenth seed had just crashed the December Madness party to make its final four.

Following up a stellar first round game, sophomore wide receiver Malcolm Kelly had another great game with 139 yards receiving and a touchdown. Adrian Peterson was mostly held in check, yet still notched 106 yards and a touchdown. There will be no Florida-Michigan showdown, but things do not get any easier for either team as the Sooners face one of the Big Ten’s best in #3 Michigan for a spot in the December Madness Championship Game.

Player of the game: Malcolm Kelly (139 yards, 1 TD)
Winning Percentage of 1,001 Simulations: Oklahoma 57.7% - Florida 42.3%

Jdog
12/21/2006, 05:54 PM
Mark May really is a dousche.

The first thing he says is, "Are you kidding me?"

Seriously, whats his problem with us?

He use to block for Little Joe back when they were at Washington together. Joe recently told me that May's never forgiven him for calling him a "Pigglet" instead of a "HOG". Maybe that's why he doesn't like OU.

goingoneight
12/21/2006, 11:21 PM
I like the idea of a playoff. But I think "December Madness" is a stupid term. Like "March Madness," it just sounds ghey. Everytime I hear those terms I think about faggies who have waited all year long to brag about something to big brother...

Boomer.....
12/22/2006, 09:44 AM
Michigan verses LSU in the ESPN playoff finals.

Herbie about cried when they voted two to his one for LSU over OSU. :D