PDA

View Full Version : Fla Gators poised to control football in Florida!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/21/2006, 01:51 AM
Seems likely to me. Bowden falls on hard times. ThugU implodes. Urban Meyer takes Gators to NC game in what, his second season? Gators get one of the best recruiting classes. Picture a team with nearly all the best recruits in the sunshine state...OMG!

Fraggle145
12/21/2006, 05:27 AM
Urban Meyer takes Gators to NC game in what, his second season?

Never seen a coach do that before... :rolleyes:

Give Mark Richt a chance to take down the gaytors. he has only won 3 SEC titles is 6 years... the Bulldawgs will turn that rivalry around it is a matter of time.

Florida fans wear jean shorts. (http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/gators-and-jean-shorts-the-tampa-tribune-investigates)

MiccoMacey
12/21/2006, 05:36 AM
I know you're joking, but that seems to be the trend lately.

2000, Stoops wins in second year.
2001, Coker wins in first year.
2002, Tressel wins in second year.
2003, Not sure how long Saban was there.
2004, don't remember a NC game being played that year. Not sure why.
2005, Vince Young wins in third year. :D

12/21/2006, 09:42 AM
Just sayin'-the big troubles at Miami and Fla State will allow the Urban juggernaut to form. We might be seeing the formation of a football tradition.

LSUdeek
12/21/2006, 11:13 AM
I know you're joking, but that seems to be the trend lately.

2000, Stoops wins in second year.
2001, Coker wins in first year.
2002, Tressel wins in second year.
2003, Not sure how long Saban was there.
2004, don't remember a NC game being played that year. Not sure why.
2005, Vince Young wins in third year. :D

Saban won in his 4th year.

We'll see if Tebow has what it takes to run the offense full-time next year. It remains to be seen.

Ash
12/21/2006, 11:18 AM
Saban won in his 4th year.

We'll see if Tebow has what it takes to run the offense full-time next year. It remains to be seen.

Yeah, although hasn't every highly touted QB prospect in the Western Hemisphere committed to Florida?

mobilesteve
12/21/2006, 12:18 PM
Yeah, although hasn't every highly touted QB prospect in the Western Hemisphere committed to Florida?

It is odd that Florida has a great recruiting class but, they have like 3 QB's that seem to bolster their ratings. I wonder how many will transfer?

Texas Golfer
12/21/2006, 12:21 PM

It appears so. But they can only play one at a time.

Ash
12/21/2006, 12:31 PM
It appears so. But they can only play one at a time.

Yup, which is why I don't get it. Why do so many highly touted QBs want to go to Florida to play WR or DB?

;)

12/21/2006, 01:35 PM
I am secretly(no more) hoping Snead will transfer to OU. The kid looked THE BEST to me in the US Army high school all-star game his senior year.

Luthor
12/21/2006, 02:19 PM
Seems likely to me. Bowden falls on hard times. ThugU implodes. Urban Meyer takes Gators to NC game in what, his second season? Gators get one of the best recruiting classes. Picture a team with nearly all the best recruits in the sunshine state...OMG!

Myer is still a year or so away from feeling the pinch of success. If he wins the MNC this year he may feel it sooner. Both Stoops and Brown have already had the trauma of rebuilding a staff as the result of success. It's a predictable by product of any successful program. Win and lose people.