PDA

View Full Version : We can sell out games!

OUstud
12/21/2006, 01:20 AM
Look at the Ohio State game tonight. SRO, sellout crowd. This proves that OU fans are more than capable of filling the LNC, so I think this should serve as a wake up call to reconfigure the men's ticket arrangement. Thoughts?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/21/2006, 09:15 AM
Look at the Ohio State game tonight. SRO, sellout crowd. This proves that OU fans are more than capable of filling the LNC, so I think this should serve as a wake up call to reconfigure the men's ticket arrangement. Thoughts?

From everything I've heard ticket sales aren't the problem. It is selling them to people that will show up to the games. I agree it should be a wake-up call but I doubt it will be.

OSUAggie
12/21/2006, 12:01 PM
Is it a good thing to sell out women's basketball games when your men's team averages somewhere around 5,000/game? Is that embarassing? Personally, I couldn't care less about women's basketball, but apparently some people enjoy it, which is fine. I am just wondering what it's like to have a women's basketball team outdraw a men's basketball team, kinda like Tennessee or La Tech or something.

(I'm asking these questions seriously, not trying to be a jackass)

Boomer.....
12/21/2006, 12:04 PM
Kind of like the same as not selling out a home football game, but being able to sell out a wrestling match. :stunned:

Dio
12/21/2006, 01:19 PM
It's amazing how un-mausoleum-like the LNC is when there's something exciting happening on the court.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/21/2006, 02:03 PM
Few but the VERY hardcore want to see a mediocre team get whacked, again.

TopDaugIn2000
12/21/2006, 02:08 PM
the LNC didn't look all that full to me.....just sayin.

OUstud
12/22/2006, 01:00 AM
It's amazing how un-mausoleum-like the LNC is when there's something exciting happening on the court.

Yeah, last year's OU-TX game and the 19-2 run to start the game vs. Aggy in 2005 were the loudest I've ever heard it. I mean, it was deafening. Then, of course, it can be the deadest, loneliest arena in the nation.

JohnnyMack
12/22/2006, 10:22 AM

Wasn't usually quiet for Billy Ball.

royalfan5
12/23/2006, 12:42 PM
Yeah, last year's OU-TX game and the 19-2 run to start the game vs. Aggy in 2005 were the loudest I've ever heard it. I mean, it was deafening. Then, of course, it can be the deadest, loneliest arena in the nation.
It can't be worse than the Lincoln Library can it?

GottaHavePride
12/23/2006, 11:42 PM

Loudest I ever saw was at the beginning of the game vs. Cincinnati in December of 1998 or 1999. Crazy loud.

King Crimson
12/24/2006, 02:24 PM
Loudest I ever saw was at the beginning of the game vs. Cincinnati in December of 1998 or 1999. Crazy loud.

and then Huggy and Kenyon Martin put us away in the first 10 minutes. game over. we cut it to 6 at one point in the first half and the crowd was going nuts. Huggy called TO and Cincy went on another run.

i was there.

i'd say the loudest i can remember were 90 against Missouri and 01 against Maryland when we stretched the lead in the second half....and it was obvious we were gonna win.