PDA

View Full Version : Video Game ****** *******s

SicEmBaylor
12/20/2006, 10:46 PM
I'm looking for a Christmas present for my ex g/f. She really likes to play this game called "Kingdom of Hearts" for PS2, so do any of you have any suggestions on a game that's along those lines that she might enjoy?

TYIA

Frozen Sooner
12/20/2006, 10:49 PM
Kingdom Hearts.

If she digs that, she'll probably like the Final Fantasy games.

SicEmBaylor
12/20/2006, 10:52 PM
Yeah, the FF is what Melo is suggesting right now.

Is it one of those deals though that you have to play the first one in order to really understand the 18th version or whatever the hell it is?

Frozen Sooner
12/20/2006, 10:52 PM
Dude, I'm pretty sure even the developers don't have any damn idea what those games are about.

tbl
12/20/2006, 10:56 PM
Did nobody catch it that homeboy is buying a present for his ex-girlfriend???

Sicem... You're solid gold, baby. Gold!

Melo
12/20/2006, 10:58 PM
I told him FFVII if she's really into her RPGs or VIII if she is a bit on th girly side.

hurricane'bone
12/20/2006, 11:00 PM
I'm looking for a Christmas present for my ex g/f. She really likes to play this game called "Kingdom of Hearts" for PS2, so do any of you have any suggestions on a game that's along those lines that she might enjoy?

TYIA

Dick in a box

SicEmBaylor
12/20/2006, 11:10 PM
Did nobody catch it that homeboy is buying a present for his ex-girlfriend???

Sicem... You're solid gold, baby. Gold!

We were together for five years, we almost got married, and she's still one of my bestfriends. We remain very close.

It took me a good year and a half to pull myself out of depression and stop drinking after she left me to marry another guy, but I got over it.

tbl
12/20/2006, 11:12 PM
Ouch! She married another dude? I don't know how guys can be good friends with a girl (unless she's ugly). I've tried it and it doesn't work. Chemistry is always the end result (even if it's the best friends wife).

crawfish
12/20/2006, 11:17 PM
Harvest Moon. At least, my kids enjoy it.

SicEmBaylor
12/20/2006, 11:22 PM
Ouch! She married another dude? I don't know how guys can be good friends with a girl (unless she's ugly). I've tried it and it doesn't work. Chemistry is always the end result (even if it's the best friends wife).

The feelings are still there for me, but there's nothing I can do. Her divorce isn't finalized yet and she's already seeing someone else. That didn't give me much of an "in" nonetheless, I'd rather be friends with her than nothing at all.

This is the first gift I've given her since we broke up. I usually suck at gifts, but I'm hoping she likes this one. She's never liked my gifts. I got her a diamond heart necklace one year and she said she didn't like real jewelry. I got her flowers once after a stressful week she had and she told me they were cliche. She's hard to please.

tbl
12/20/2006, 11:24 PM
Why oh why are you still in contact with this woman, knowing the feelings are still there for you but obviously not reciprocal? Are you a masochist?

olevetonahill
12/20/2006, 11:24 PM

TYIA
Dude Im not even getting my current GF a damn thing :D

tbl
12/20/2006, 11:25 PM
Dick in a box
BTW, that's the gift right there. ;)

olevetonahill
12/20/2006, 11:27 PM
Why oh why are you still in contact with this woman, knowing the feelings are still there for you but obviously not reciprocal? Are you a masochist?
You must remember this is sicem. he drives a VW and drinks Zima :eek:

SicEmBaylor
12/20/2006, 11:37 PM
Anywhoo, I think she's pretty new to gaming. She never played video games when we were together, but I do know she kind of got into Nintendo and now has a ps2. She's a big fan of KOH II.

But like I said I think she's pretty new to video games. Are the Final Fantasy Games good for beginners?

Melo
12/21/2006, 12:53 AM
FF is a lot of story, and a LOT of 'go here to get the moonstone necklace, in order to talk to the town doctor, who will help you get the cure for the old man who has the information on how to get into the castle...' type crap.

If you can read, you can play those games.

Blue
12/21/2006, 12:55 AM
Really...get her nothing.

And start loving yourself, damnit! not like that

SoonerInKCMO
12/21/2006, 01:08 AM
This is the first gift I've given her since we broke up. I usually suck at gifts, but I'm hoping she likes this one. She's never liked my gifts. I got her a diamond heart necklace one year and she said she didn't like real jewelry. I got her flowers once after a stressful week she had and she told me they were cliche. She's hard to please.

Oh, good ****ing lord dude... cut the bitch off!! She's no good. Playin' you like a ... uh, some kind of instrument that gets played hard. She be evil. Cut and run. Get out. Lose her number. Bleh.

SoonerInKCMO
12/21/2006, 01:09 AM
Seriously.

Toxic relationship. You'll never be right until this ho is out of the picture.

Pricetag
12/21/2006, 01:24 AM
Anywhoo, I think she's pretty new to gaming. She never played video games when we were together, but I do know she kind of got into Nintendo and now has a ps2. She's a big fan of KOH II.

But like I said I think she's pretty new to video games. Are the Final Fantasy Games good for beginners?
Does she have a Nintendo 64? If so, get her Superman 64.

Rhino
12/21/2006, 01:46 AM
Get her a towel. Or something that doesn't cost more than ten dollars.

SicEmBaylor
12/21/2006, 02:12 AM
I checked the cost of FF at Best Buy and it's $49.99 which is a bit more than I want to pay. I'd like to cap this gift at $30.00, so I was thinking maybe a smoothie machine instead.

Blue
12/21/2006, 02:15 AM
Dick in a box

Might as well, she's got his balls....[badump-ching!]

Melo
12/21/2006, 02:17 AM
FF? I bought my copy for $20.

hurricane'bone
12/21/2006, 02:19 AM
I checked the cost of FF at Best Buy and it's $49.99 which is a bit more than I want to pay. I'd like to cap this gift at $30.00, so I was thinking maybe a smoothie machine instead.

Do you even have a dick to put in a box?

SicEmBaylor
12/21/2006, 02:22 AM
Do you even have a dick to put in a box?
Yes

SicEmBaylor
12/21/2006, 02:27 AM
This is the one we're talking about right?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7956287&st=final+fantasy+VIII&type=product&id=1153336094610

olevetonahill
12/21/2006, 02:29 AM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7956287&st=final+fantasy+VIII&type=product&id=1153336094610
I aint looking at your wiener in a box
Forget the bitch find some else to take to Branson .

SicEmBaylor
12/21/2006, 02:32 AM
I aint looking at your wiener in a box
Forget the bitch find some else to take to Branson .

This isn't the same girl. I actually dated this girl for a very long time.
I had only gone on two other dates with the girl who wouldn't go to Branson.

olevetonahill
12/21/2006, 02:44 AM
This isn't the same girl. I actually dated this girl for a very long time.
I had only gone on two other dates with the girl who wouldn't go to Branson.
Ok but I still aint gonna look at your weiner in a box , cause from your posts you dont know how to pack it :D

Rhino
12/21/2006, 10:56 AM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7956287&st=final+fantasy+VIII&type=product&id=1153336094610 Our Price: $49.99

No.

colleyvillesooner
12/21/2006, 11:03 AM
Dean seriously needs to weigh in on this. Not a healthy situation. You still have those feelings, but you'd rather have her as a friend?

I respectfully call bull****. You're waiting around for a second chance at her dude. What you guys had for 5 years ain't coming back.

JMO, because I've been there and I hate to see somebody in that same situation that can't see from the inside out.

I_SMELL_FEAR
12/21/2006, 11:38 AM
She's never liked my gifts. She's hard to please.

HOLY CRAP. I married sicem's ex gf...

SicEmBaylor
12/21/2006, 11:42 AM
Our Price: $49.99

No.

Heh, yeah. I really don't want to spend $50.00. Does anyone have any game suggestions along these lines that won't cost me more than $30.00? Otherwise, I think I'll go with the smoothie machine.

Ike
12/21/2006, 11:47 AM
ummmm....kingdom hearts 2?

oh, and for the record, buying an ex a christmas present is never a good idea.

SicEmBaylor
12/21/2006, 11:49 AM
ummmm....kingdom hearts 2?

That's what she already has.

I could get KOH 1 I guess.

achiro
12/21/2006, 11:51 AM
Dude, seriously what is wrong with you!?!?!?! This chick doesn't even sound like a good person. She left you for another guy, got married, is dating another guy before her divorce is final. Trust me, she is not suddenly going to have a huge epiphony(sp?) and start handling relationships in a decent way. You have convinced yourself that because you went out that you need to keep some sort of relationship going and that just isn't true.

I really feel bad for you, you seem like a decent guy. There are lots of great girls out there, when you stop trying so hard it will happen. Stop being such a sap. That doesn't mean you have to be a jerk to get a girl, just don't let them walk all over you either. If you don't change this stuff now, it will haunt you for the rest of your life.

colleyvillesooner
12/21/2006, 11:53 AM
Dude, seriously what is wrong with you!?!?!?! This chick doesn't even sound like a good person. She left you for another guy, got married, is dating another guy before her divorce is final. Trust me, she is not suddenly going to have a huge epiphony(sp?) and start handling relationships in a decent way. You have convinced yourself that because you went out that you need to keep some sort of relationship going and that just isn't true.

I really feel bad for you, you seem like a decent guy. There are lots of great girls out there, when you stop trying so hard it will happen. Stop being such a sap. That doesn't mean you have to be a jerk to get a girl, just don't let them walk all over you either. If you don't change this stuff now, it will haunt you for the rest of your life.

I was the sap.

Then I stopped. Now engaged to a wonderful, beautiful Sooner girl.

Coincidence? I think not. :D

SicEmBaylor
12/21/2006, 11:59 AM

I appreciate the kind words I really do. I typically wouldn't disagree with you in the least bit, but in this case with this girl I do. We've always been there for each other through good times and bad times and of all the people in my life she's the one person that I know I can always count on (aside from the relationship). We've been a constant presence in each other's lives for 9 years and as crazy as it may sound I genuinely enjoy being in her life and I know that the feeling is mutual. Her love life is in constant turmoil, but I'm not going to hate her or throw away one of the very few people I trust unconditionally (again aside from the relationship) because she decided that she was no longer in love with me.

I know it's crazy to continue to be friends with an ex after so much history and baggage but there it is. I'm getting her a present this Christmas because she's going through a very "down" period right now and I just want to buck her up a little with an unexpected surprised.

Ike
12/21/2006, 12:00 PM
FFXII

Seriously, I like it a lot, and so does my wife.

Oh, and don't buy it for her. Buy it for yourself instead.

achiro
12/21/2006, 12:04 PM
I appreciate the kind words I really do. I typically wouldn't disagree with you in the least bit, but in this case with this girl I do. We've always been there for each other through good times and bad times and of all the people in my life she's the one person that I know I can always count on (aside from the relationship). We've been a constant presence in each other's lives for 9 years and as crazy as it may sound I genuinely enjoy being in her life and I know that the feeling is mutual. Her love life is in constant turmoil, but I'm not going to hate her or throw away one of the very few people I trust unconditionally (again aside from the relationship) because she decided that she was no longer in love with me.

I know it's crazy to continue to be friends with an ex after so much history and baggage but there it is. I'm getting her a present this Christmas because she's going through a very "down" period right now and I just want to buck her up a little with an unexpected surprised.

OK, so that's cool. Just be careful. I've known too many guys(gals too) that try and keep a relationship alive as just a friendship. Down deep they get hurt everytime the other person hooks up with someone else. Life is too short to put yourself in that kind of hurtful situation over and over. If you truly are friends and totally cool with her having another guy in her life, then kudos for you trying to make her feel better in a down time.

dolemitesooner
12/21/2006, 12:07 PM
Sicem.....OMG dude......Go and get the surgery done already

colleyvillesooner
12/21/2006, 12:07 PM
OK, so that's cool. Just be careful. I've known too many guys(gals too) that try and keep a relationship alive as just a friendship. Down deep they get hurt everytime the other person hooks up with someone else. Life is too short to put yourself in that kind of hurtful situation over and over. If you truly are friends and totally cool with her having another guy in her life, then kudos for you trying to make her feel better in a down time.

Ditto.

Those feeling's you still have that she doesn't are very powerful is all I'm gonna say. Don't let them skew things.

SoonerAtKU
12/22/2006, 12:34 AM
Does she have a Nintendo 64? If so, get her Superman 64.

Gold, Jerry!

Or, if she has an Atari, Custer's Revenge might suit the relationship...

SicEmBaylor
12/24/2006, 01:22 AM
Ditto.

Those feeling's you still have that she doesn't are very powerful is all I'm gonna say. Don't let them skew things.

They are still very strong, but even if she ever did want me back (for the 4th time) I just don't see how things could possibly work out unless she seriously changed and I don't see that happening.

Anywhoo, I ended up getting her a "Back to Basics" smoothie machine instead, but if she already has one then I'm going to go exchange it for the FF game even if it is more pricey. Details of her reaction to follow..........:hot: :twinkies:

Mongo
12/24/2006, 01:25 AM
They are still very strong, but even if she ever did want me back (for the 4th time) I just don't see how things could possibly work out unless she seriously changed and I don't see that happening.

Anywhoo, I ended up getting her a "Back to Basics" smoothie machine instead, but if she already has one then I'm going to go exchange it for the FF game even if it is more pricey. Details of her reaction to follow..........:hot: :twinkies:

Better yet, is she gonna make you a smoothie in the mornin'? The SO awaits.

SicEmBaylor
12/24/2006, 01:31 AM
Better yet, is she gonna make you a smoothie in the mornin'? The SO awaits.

Heh, I doubt it. In the past it was more like, "I'm going to wake SicEm's *** up and make him go to the store and buy me some Captain Crunch."

SicEmBaylor
12/30/2006, 12:29 AM
So she cons me into telling her what I got her for Xmas tonight in exchange for her telling me a "juicy" decision that she has come to regarding her and I.

I tell her the gift I got her and she tells me, "well when i get married again i still want you as my maid of honor even though you're not a girl we'll have to come up with a different title but i want you to be that."

Being asked to be a non-female non-maid of honor type person at a non-existent future wedding between her and the guy she's dating took me by surprise so I said, "oh uh, well you can be my non-male bestman at mine if you want to be..." And she says, "uh, that'd be kind of weird don't you think?"

:Sigh:

hurricane'bone
12/30/2006, 12:32 AM
fag.

bri
12/30/2006, 12:32 AM
You know...there's some things you really shouldn't say out loud. Ever.

Getem
12/30/2006, 12:36 AM
I thought the ttech comeback couldn't be topped for sheer entertainment value and here 3 minutes later I'm reading this thread. OMG

Tiptonsooner
12/30/2006, 12:36 AM
So she cons me into telling her what I got her for Xmas tonight in exchange for her telling me a "juicy" decision that she has come to regarding her and I.

I tell her the gift I got her and she tells me, "well when i get married again i still want you as my maid of honor even though you're not a girl we'll have to come up with a different title but i want you to be that."

Being asked to be a non-female non-maid of honor type person at a non-existent future wedding between her and the guy she's dating took me by surprise so I said, "oh uh, well you can be my non-male bestman at mine if you want to be..." And she says, "uh, that'd be kind of weird don't you think?"

:Sigh:

All I can say is "wow". The real question is "where do these women find you?"

Ash
12/30/2006, 01:05 AM
Elderscrolls Oblivion

YWIA

Man, it's tough not to pile on.

soonerboomer93
12/30/2006, 02:07 AM
damn, and i thought I was bad

i'm just ****in speechless

bri
12/30/2006, 02:14 AM
All I can say is "wow". The real question is "where do these women find you?"

And the real answer is, "sipping chamomile tea while weeping sofly at a Maya Angelou poetry reading at the Waco Barnes & Noble".

Scott D
12/30/2006, 02:24 AM
puhleeeze, you know Waco ain't got no Barnes & Noble that's too heathenistic.

oooh, Blind melon video..we should hook sic'em up with the Bee Girl.

SicEmBaylor
12/30/2006, 02:28 AM
And the real answer is, "sipping chamomile tea while weeping sofly at a Maya Angelou poetry reading at the Waco Barnes & Noble".

Hahaha, man oh man...you so do not know me. I wouldn't be caught dead within 50 miles of those damned people ESPECIALLY Maya Angelou.

Scott D
12/30/2006, 02:29 AM
You got a problem with old black women who publish poetry? :confused:

SicEmBaylor
12/30/2006, 02:29 AM
damn, and i thought I was bad

i'm just ****in speechless

Well you know, I know how it sounds but I think it was meant to be taken like she'd want me there for her more than anyone else. It just kind of came out really wrong.

Also, she didn't like the gift so I have to go exchange it for plan B.

SicEmBaylor
12/30/2006, 02:32 AM
You got a problem with old black women who publish poetry? :confused:

I assure you she has a MUCH bigger problem with people like me than I do her. I generally pay artistic types, especially poets, as little attention as possible.

sanantoniosooner
12/30/2006, 02:33 AM
I've never been more convinced that you and royalfan are soulmates.

SicEmBaylor
12/30/2006, 02:38 AM
I've never been more convinced that you and royalfan are soulmates.

I'm just his troll handle.

hurricane'bone
12/30/2006, 02:58 AM
Well you know, I know how it sounds but I think it was meant to be taken like she'd want me there for her more than anyone else. It just kind of came out really wrong.

Also, she didn't like the gift so I have to go exchange it for plan B.

If she really wanted you there more than anyone else...then you would be wearing the tux and giving her the ring. Instead of the dress giving her a tissue.

bri
12/30/2006, 04:32 AM
Hahaha, man oh man...you so do not know me. I wouldn't be caught dead within 50 miles of those damned people ESPECIALLY Maya Angelou.

Dude, do you know just how far past the point of trying to be "cool" you are? You bought a smoothie machine for a chick that wants you to hold her flowers while she f*cks some other guy, and you're gonna try and front on "artistic types"?

Tee to tha hee, beyonce. :D

SicEmBaylor
12/30/2006, 04:51 AM
Dude, do you know just how far past the point of trying to be "cool" you are? You bought a smoothie machine for a chick that wants you to hold her flowers while she f*cks some other guy, and you're gonna try and front on "artistic types"?

Tee to tha hee, beyonce. :D

I don't disagree with a word you said. But make no mistake, I don't avoid them in an effort to be cool; I avoid them in an effort not to throw up a little in my mouth by being within close proximity.

SoonerAtKU
12/30/2006, 02:47 PM
Here, I don't know if this one is better for you or for her but...

http://games.ncbuy.com/downloads/title_11664.html