PDA

View Full Version : Horns jilted again

tommie15
12/20/2006, 05:19 PM
Top flight QB prospect John Brantley ditched the :texan: s for the Gators today. Thought ya'll might like to know.

Mjcpr
12/20/2006, 05:20 PM
Wow. How many QBs can Florida need?

yermom
12/20/2006, 05:22 PM
don't they have like 3 on the field all the time?

BASSooner
12/20/2006, 05:23 PM
wow what is cameron newton going to do now?

KC//CRIMSON
12/20/2006, 05:27 PM
wow what is cameron newton going to do now?

sit on the bench along side Brantley and talk about how bitchin' Tebow is.....:D

NorthernIowaSooner
12/20/2006, 05:28 PM
i guess he felt like backing up tim tebow instead of colt mccoy

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
12/20/2006, 05:30 PM
He just wants to be a part of a championship team. Who said anything about playing?

OSUAggie
12/20/2006, 05:32 PM
nm

tommie15
12/20/2006, 05:34 PM
As an aside, get your seats over at Hornfans.com now, this is going to be fun for a couple hours!

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
12/20/2006, 05:36 PM
As an aside, get your seats over at Hornfans.com now, this is going to be fun for a couple hours!
Why would anybody wanna go to wHornfans.com?

Rooster
12/20/2006, 05:44 PM
Its been reported by his uncle he has commited to florida..:D

colleyvillesooner
I've been. It's just a John Chiles blow fest. They've been forced to move on rather quickly.

tommie15
Why would anybody wanna go to wHornfans.com?

Someone with a sense of humor?

TexasSooner01
12/20/2006, 05:45 PM
the title of this thread makes me giggle!

BASSooner
12/20/2006, 05:46 PM
looks like chiles is the next QB after colt mccoy. could he be the next fumbles mcscrambles?

mrowl
I've been. It's just a John Chiles blow fest. They've been forced to move on rather quickly.

they have spun this story REAL quick. :D

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
Sorry! We already knew!

birddog
12/20/2006, 05:47 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86039

Rooster
12/20/2006, 05:48 PM
Never mind then..I didnt see it posted.:mad:

Widescreen
12/20/2006, 06:48 PM
This is on orangebloods.

Who cares? Really. What separates talent at that level is coaching. I'll take Mack and his staff over Urban anyday. We've got deep talent at QB for several years. I may be way off here, but I didn't see JB fitting our offense unlike Harris and Chiles. I figured GD would have to change the offense to suit a drop back passer.
You can't make this stuff up.

caphorns
12/20/2006, 06:49 PM
JB pretty much screwed over the Texas staff on this one. Ya'll probably should make him a cult hero over here. He came to Texas when Texas was recruiting Mallet, told Mack he was ready to commit, Mack made a deadline offer to Mallet, when it wasn't accepted, he took Brantley's commit. Brantley talked about being 100% committed to Texas and that he wouldn't disappoint the staff. Fast forward 6 mos and apparently Gator-mania plus some p@ssy fever - a girlfriend - has overcome the young man. So, I guess in the end, we'll have Chiles, Harris, Colt. I'm not going to sweat it too bad. We've got Andrew Luck possibly in the 2008 class. But the bottom line is I don't think Mack will take another look at an OOS 5-star QB after his experiences with Lyin Ryan and John "Cush" Brantley.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Longhorn bashing . . .

TheLadiesMike
12/20/2006, 07:24 PM
Lyin Ryan and John "Cush" Brantley.

Funny nicknames :D

Scott D
12/20/2006, 07:24 PM
You had to know at some point getting those commitments in may of the year before was eventually going to progress more into biting Mack in the ***.

OK2LA
12/20/2006, 08:53 PM
I truly feel horrible for texas.

tommieharris91
12/20/2006, 08:57 PM
I really don't. I am kinda glad OU isn't getting Brantley either.

mrowl
12/20/2006, 09:01 PM
<longhorn nazi> We at whornfans.com are very happy that Brantley is going to Florida, we hope he wins a MNC there, at the top there is a card wishing him well, please sign it! please keep all comments POSITIVE! and LOVING!, Happy Holidays!</longhorn nazi>

BASSooner
12/20/2006, 10:19 PM
lesson learned. dont ever recruit a 5 star QB...VY was the only exception..the only the question is, why did WE have to learn it the HARD way?

goingoneight
12/20/2006, 10:28 PM
So... how long before Ohio State rapes UC and Brantley begins to third-guess himself. For those of you whorns thinking a commitment is "solid" and people like JB are "dedicated" to your program, just stay on top of winning games in your regular season, kids don't know a good college oppurtunity coming out of 12th grade generally. It's like putting them in front of gorgeous cheerleaders and askign them which one they think is the best. He'll pick one, stick with it for a while, until somethign better comes along. Moral of the story, Florida must have better poon than Tejas. I'll go drink some more now.

tommieharris91
12/21/2006, 12:38 AM
It's like putting them in front of gorgeous cheerleaders and askign them which one they think is the best. He'll pick one, stick with it for a while, until somethign better comes along.

Like a blow-up doll?

Crucifax Autumn
12/21/2006, 12:39 AM
mmmmm...poon!

Luthor
12/21/2006, 09:26 AM
Personally I'm relieved it's over. We were about to have 5 QBs on ships with 4 of them being blue chip. That is way too crowded. You guys know something about that 1st hand. It wouldn't have worked for us or anyone else either.

Oh sure, it would have looked good to have Brantley in the fold but I don't know what we would have done with him. He and John Chiles are completely different athletes and you can't run 2 different Os.

We're back to 3 scholarship QBs which is about right for any sane team.

XingTheRubicon
12/21/2006, 10:32 AM
Even on the horn boards they are saying Chiles couldn't hit water from a boat.

One of them said, "He looked like a girl throwing left-handed."

Tear Down This Wall
12/21/2006, 11:39 AM
This is on orangebloods.

Quote:
Who cares? Really. What separates talent at that level is coaching. I'll take Mack and his staff over Urban anyday. We've got deep talent at QB for several years. I may be way off here, but I didn't see JB fitting our offense unlike Harris and Chiles. I figured GD would have to change the offense to suit a drop back passer.

You can't make this stuff up.

This is a joke, right? I mean, in Year Two, Urban Meyer has the Gators in the title game. It took Mack & Co. what...eight years? Come on, man.

Personally, I've lived long enough to see many, many blue chips that were nothing but cow chips once they hit the field at the D-IA level. So, whether or not this kid goes to Texas is irrelevant.

However, the Texas fan's comment about Urban vs. Mack...please. I mean, dude, grab the reins of reality. Look at Urban's record at crappy Bowling Green versus Mack's tenure at crappy Tulane. Then, look at the steep odds Urban had at crappy Utah versus Mack at crappy UNC. At both places, Urban turned programs around faster - just as he's done with Florida, six years quicker than Mack did at Texas.

Seriously.

Scott D
12/21/2006, 11:42 AM
So... how long before Ohio State rapes UC and Brantley begins to third-guess himself. For those of you whorns thinking a commitment is "solid" and people like JB are "dedicated" to your program, just stay on top of winning games in your regular season, kids don't know a good college oppurtunity coming out of 12th grade generally. It's like putting them in front of gorgeous cheerleaders and askign them which one they think is the best. He'll pick one, stick with it for a while, until somethign better comes along. Moral of the story, Florida must have better poon than Tejas. I'll go drink some more now.

About a month ago his uncle was saying that he was looking at staying closer to home. Can't really blame a kid who hasn't ever really been faaaar from home for having second thoughts about moving away. I mean how many of you lived in the same house growing up, and ended up living within a 4 hour drive of your parents after you were done with school and joined the full time workforce?

OUmillenium
12/21/2006, 11:54 AM
What a great day this is turning out to be! Got my grades typed in, time to eat and finish Christmas shopping.

Man, if only UT could have lost in Bball last night. I watched the last 2 min.

OK2LA
12/21/2006, 01:46 PM
This is from the Jevan Snead Thread - thought it went nicely here . . . :D

The latest news from Florida..

http://www.floridafb.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=11200&ATCLID=654490

Or.. this article...

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/big12/stories/MYSA102406.7D.fbh.brantley.2c3da51.html

100% committed to Texas. In another article, he and his father said they have no plans to even visit Norman.

100% committed to texas . . . :D

Luthor
12/21/2006, 02:06 PM
Even on the horn boards they are saying Chiles couldn't hit water from a boat.

One of them said, "He looked like a girl throwing left-handed."

Yeah, VY threw like a girl too as I remember...at first.

KC//CRIMSON
12/21/2006, 02:10 PM

at first? still does.

XingTheRubicon
12/21/2006, 04:43 PM

No, he throws like Uncle Rico.....and don't recall hornfans saying VY threw like a girl.

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
12/21/2006, 04:56 PM
Yeah, he threw like a girl right pass us huh?

sooner-n-ga
12/21/2006, 06:45 PM
I watched the kid play against my local high school 3 weeks ago in the Georgia AAAA playoffs and he is a "thug". When he led his team thru the run though sign before the game, he went directly towards our sideline gesturing towards our team and coaches. After he got hit a few times, he got soft and topped it all off by running out of bounds to end their chances on 4th and 7 after gaining 5 yards with 1:30 left on the clock. He did this as a 5'6" 160 pound DB closed in on him and in case you didn't know, Newton is close to 6'6" 225 !
He can throw the ball pretty good for high school, but he kind of sidearms it. This makes him play like a 6 footer instead of 6'6" player. He is faster than he looks, but his attitude at the start of the game really turned me off on him.