PDA

View Full Version : Next Game

lubbocksooner
12/20/2006, 03:17 PM
Anyone with a preview of Tulsa? I have not seen them play and just look at there schedule so far 8-1.

Boomer.....
12/20/2006, 04:43 PM
They are a decent team, but definitely a team the we should beat. It would be a good win against them.

OUSKINS
12/20/2006, 11:50 PM
This is the first game in the Capel era that I think we kind of "need" to win. Not going crazy or anything, it's not like I'll be calling for his head if we lose or annointing him if we win. But we've played 9 games; we've beaten up on the lousy teams, and got beat fairly easily by the two "good" teams we've played. The one "middle" team (Purdue) beat us in a close one. Tulsa is another "middle" team. I'd like to see us win this one and finally get a win against a non-scrub opponent.

Ash
12/21/2006, 12:31 AM
This is the first game in the Capel era that I think we kind of "need" to win. Not going crazy or anything, it's not like I'll be calling for his head if we lose or annointing him if we win. But we've played 9 games; we've beaten up on the lousy teams, and got beat fairly easily by the two "good" teams we've played. The one "middle" team (Purdue) beat us in a close one. Tulsa is another "middle" team. I'd like to see us win this one and finally get a win against a non-scrub opponent.

I'd agree with that. It would be good to see the team come out and play well against some decent competition. By decent I mean, not the teams from The Poor Sisters School for the Blind and not top 15 caliber.

I thought Nova might have been that game, but they handled us on our home court. Purdue, I thought, was a lost opportunity...they're not that bad of a team though and have some players.

Cut down on turnovers, execute with energy...just play a good overall game.

hurricane'bone
12/21/2006, 02:14 AM
I'm just going to throw this out there...but TU is will probably be tougher than you think.

OUSKINS
12/21/2006, 09:04 AM
I don't think anyone thinks TU will be an easy opponent. As a matter of fact, I think most people assume the two teams are probably about even right now. But well-coached teams find ways to beat teams with equal or lesser talent. I think this is a dead-even game that has some signifigance for both teams. I'd call this a "bad loss" for whoever goes down.

Rook65
12/21/2006, 03:03 PM
This should be a close, exciting game.

Ash
12/21/2006, 03:08 PM
I'm just going to throw this out there...but TU is will probably be tougher than you think.

What does Tulane have to do with this?

soonervegas
12/21/2006, 03:31 PM
A game like today is a must to get to the NIT. Plan on watching it a Baker's Street Pub.