I like the white choco covered stuff.
and
choco covered peanut butter balls
and
pecan brittle
and...:D

OUinFLA
12/20/2006, 01:49 PM
Whoever is the centerfold of the December Playboy.

I_SMELL_FEAR
12/20/2006, 01:50 PM
chocolate covered cherries, that is all I need.

oh, and the kind that is NOT dried out in the middle.

Fugue
12/20/2006, 01:53 PM
Schwetty(sp?) Balls

OU4LIFE
12/20/2006, 01:54 PM
I'm not really about the sweets.

I like the other snack foods. Sausage balls, pepperoni rolls, cheese dip....you know the sh!t that makes your a s s huge.

Widescreen
12/20/2006, 01:57 PM
Peanut Brittle
Fudge
Iced sugar cookies
White chocolate pretzels
Divinity (which I haven't had in years).

OUinFLA
12/20/2006, 02:00 PM
I've gained 5 pounds reading this thread

Boomer.....
12/20/2006, 02:13 PM
Peanut Brittle, sausage balls, and poppy seed bread. Technically 2 of the 3 are not candy.

royalfan5
12/20/2006, 02:15 PM
Fudge, almond bark covered pretzels, and homemade chex Mix

proud gonzo
12/20/2006, 02:16 PM
sugar cookies, peppermint sticks, candy canes

TexasSooner01
12/20/2006, 02:26 PM
my mom's homemade pecan sandies!

Preservation Parcels
12/20/2006, 08:44 PM
I made two batches of toffee yesterday.

2 cups pecans (For real pecan lovers. Fewer pecans or no pecans will work, too)
1 stick of real butter
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 cup of chopped chocolate pieces or chocolate chips (Half semi-sweet and half milk chocolate works well. For toffee purists, omit both chocolate and pecans.)

Toast the pecans. Chop them roughly. Spread half on a buttered cookie sheet with sides.

Boil butter and brown sugar together in a nonstick saucepan, stirring constantly until the mixture reaches hard crack stage (approximately 15 minutes over medium heat.) At first, it will be bubbly and light brown. As it gets closer to being ready, it becomes less bubbly and darker brown.

Quickly drizzle the toffee onto the chopped pecans. Shake the pan gently to spread it out, but don't use the mixing spoon or it will become sugary later.

After about 3 minutes, score the toffee with a buttered pizza cutter or knife.

Spread the chocolate over the top, and let it melt from the residual heat of the toffee. After about 5 minutes, spread it with a spatula or knife.

Sprinkle the remaining pecans evenly over the chocolate and press it in.

When cooled and the chocolate is set, break it along the scored lines. Store in an airtight tin or glass container, not in plastic.

MamaMia
12/20/2006, 08:47 PM
I like the peppermint ribbon candy. Its fun, and yummy for the tummy. :D

BajaOklahoma
12/20/2006, 10:02 PM
I've gained 5 pounds reading this thread

According to research, it may be linked to an increase in certain bacteria in your intestine. When they reach more than 3% of the total bacteria in the intestine, it increases the efficiency of your body to absorb calories.
So all of thise fat people who swear they don't eat much may actually be telling truth. :eek:
Pass the candy. :D

Melo
12/20/2006, 11:05 PM
I always make homemade chocolate chip cookies from scratch and chocolate covered pretzels around Christmas time. Dad loves them, so I make them in huge quantities and set aside a stash just for him. Then I make up more and put them in Christmas tins for all the uncles/aunts/grandparents.

As far as candy gos, I cant get enough of the mint chocolate kisses they sell during the Christmas holidays.

Preservation Parcels
12/21/2006, 09:10 AM
Has anyone heard of/have a recipe for Green and White Peanut Butter candy?

TIA

David Earl
12/21/2006, 09:35 AM
Pecan Brittle
Aunt Bill's Brown Candy - this has a carmel-like taste with the consistency of fudge.

We make those nearly every year.

soonerbrat
12/21/2006, 09:39 AM
the attorney i worked for had a client that made this hard cinnamon candy every christmas...that was yummy stuff.

David Earl
12/21/2006, 09:41 AM
Has anyone heard of/have a recipe for Green and White Peanut Butter candy?

TIA

I did a Google and a Yahoo, got several results. I checked a few of them out, but none seemed to stand out.

Is it something like this (http://www.northpole.com/Kitchen/Cookbook/rec0060.html) with a coating of white chocolate colored with green food coloring?

Hot Rod
12/21/2006, 09:43 AM
Well, my mom makes a huge plate of peanut butter fudge (which you cannot eat without a drink of milk), and my wife makes strawberry bars (kind of like hello dollys with strawberry flavoring to them). I also like the hot bag of cinnamon flavored almonds as well.

Xstnlsooner
12/21/2006, 09:46 AM
Fudge WITH pecans. The wife of one of my vendors from OKC
made these turtles and they are the BOMB!! Best homemade
candy EVAH!! Do love the Xmas sugar cookies from Merritts.

Preservation Parcels
12/21/2006, 10:15 AM
I did a Google and a Yahoo, got several results. I checked a few of them out, but none seemed to stand out.

Is it something like this (http://www.northpole.com/Kitchen/Cookbook/rec0060.html) with a coating of white chocolate colored with green food coloring?

It could be, but I've never had or seen it. Someone just mentioned it as his favorite. Thank you for taking the time to look. That was very sweet of you, no pun intended.

David Earl
12/21/2006, 10:44 AM
It could be, but I've never had or seen it. Someone just mentioned it as his favorite. Thank you for taking the time to look. That was very sweet of you, no pun intended.

Your welcome. I love Christmas candy. Now I'm drooling thinking about this mystery candy.

soonerbrat
12/21/2006, 11:21 AM
thanks DE..it looked interesting but I didn't find anything on gooooogle