PDA

View Full Version : Driving Dictionary! Your Input Please.

Okieflyer
12/20/2006, 07:42 AM
We've always had names for certain drivers. So I wanted to know some of yours. i.e....

Klingon: Someone you go to pass and they kling to your back bumper.

Turn enabler: This is the blinking light that enables a person to turn or change lanes. That's why you see it come on in the middle of a turn or a lane change. (Some people have a turn indicator that is what is used to let other drivers know you are getting ready to turn or change lanes.)

OklaPony
12/20/2006, 08:42 AM
A$$hole: Person who drives in the left lane of an interstate at the exact speed limit and refuses to move to the right regardless of the common traffic flow.

I_SMELL_FEAR
12/20/2006, 08:51 AM
Jeckyl and Hyde: The guy you just passed as he was going 50 mph that passes you 2 miles later as he is going 85 mph, that you once again pass as he is doing 50 again, then he passes you going 85 again....and on and on and on

SoonerJack
12/20/2006, 09:31 AM
I go with the George Carlin standards

Idiots are people who are driving slower than I want them to.
Maniacs are people who are driving faster than I want them to.

My personal addition includes Pinhead. A pinhead is a person who, at a stoplight, will proceed into the intersection knowing that he may not clear then intersection before the light changes, thereby gridlocking the intersection. Pinheads cause me great stress and force usage of my "special hand signals."

IB4OU2
12/20/2006, 09:43 AM
Equine Eliminator are cute little curly headed women that drive SUV's at night on country roads while running into unattended livestock on the way.

TexasLidig8r
12/20/2006, 10:00 AM
DWO --- Any white Honda going 45 miles per hour on an interstate (Driving While Oriental)

MDM -- Any minivan occupied by an overweight secretary, her hair in curlers, applying eyemake up, while listening to soft rock and talking on the cell phone at the same time (Mini-van Driving Moran)

mojo
12/20/2006, 10:41 AM
Pace Car: Any law enforcement vehicle on the interstate that nobody will pass regardless of how slow he is going, but as soon as he pulls off everyone resumes the speed they were going before they came upon him.

Forgot where I heard that, but seems to be pretty accurate

frankensooner
12/20/2006, 11:25 AM
I'm More Importants The people, who see the lane merging signs, still fly past you and hold up traffic by cutting in at the very end of the lane.

SoonerInKCMO
12/20/2006, 11:33 AM
I go with the George Carlin standards

Idiots are people who are driving slower than I want them to.
Maniacs are people who are driving faster than I want them to.

My personal addition includes Pinhead. A pinhead is a person who, at a stoplight, will proceed into the intersection knowing that he may not clear then intersection before the light changes, thereby gridlocking the intersection. Pinheads cause me great stress and force usage of my "special hand signals."

Lots of Pinheads on Broadway downtown. My horn gets a workout as I'm leaving here.

Osce0la
12/20/2006, 11:49 AM
Pace Car: Any law enforcement vehicle on the interstate that nobody will pass regardless of how slow he is going, but as soon as he pulls off everyone resumes the speed they were going before they came upon him.

Forgot where I heard that, but seems to be pretty accurate
I was going to post that exact thing. I had said something about this before I had heard the joke about it. I was talking to my wife one day and told her that the interstate looked like the Indy 500 pace lap. We were three wide and we were all going about 50 (speed limit was 60) behind the cop that was in front of all of the traffic. Cop turned off the interstate, traffic sped up immediately and I was doing 85 within 1 mile of him getting off the interstate.

I don't understand why people won't pass a cop that is going below the speed limit. If the limit is 60 and the cop is doing 55, I'm going to pass him...

I_SMELL_FEAR
12/20/2006, 11:52 AM
I'm More Importants The people, who see the lane merging signs, still fly past you and hold up traffic by cutting in at the very end of the lane.

interesting, I saw a sign i have not seen before, the other day. It said "State Law - Merge Now"... it would be sweet if those people starting getting ticketed.

Which brings up another name, Lane Hog Truck Driver Dude: The truck driver that takes up both lanes as he approaches the merge, to keep the IMI's from doing that exact thing.

tbl
12/20/2006, 11:55 AM
I pass cops all the time, usually speeding (5-7 mph over posted). Never been pulled over once for it. I guess they figure this guys got nothing to hide.

SoonerInKCMO
12/20/2006, 12:06 PM
I pass cops all the time, usually speeding (5-7 mph over posted). Never been pulled over once for it. I guess they figure this guys got nothing to hide.

OHP dude busted me for doing 77 in a 75 on Turner Turnpike when I passed him.

Osce0la
12/20/2006, 12:13 PM
I do too. Most cops will give you about 5-7 over. There was a state trooper on the radio here one day thay said he'll usually give you up to 10 over on the interstate.

Speaking of signs and cell phones and whatnot...I was behind a car the other day that had one of those "hang up and drive" bumper stickers on it - betcha can't guess what the person that was driving was doing...

here's a hint: SHE WAS ON HER CELL PHONE!!!

WILBURJIM
12/20/2006, 12:30 PM
DO NOT SPEED IN OHIO, especially with Michign plates. Been a rule up here for a long time.

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/20/2006, 12:31 PM
This thread makes me have anger feelings.

I_SMELL_FEAR
12/20/2006, 12:39 PM

I have heard OHP talk about Rolling Roadblocks, where they drive the speed limit and ticket people that pass them...I think they do it mainly during holidays, to keep traffic at a reasonable speed.

TexasSooner01
12/20/2006, 12:44 PM
My favorites are the driver's stuck in traffic behind you which you watch (usually thru your rearview mirror) cuss, yell, make had signals, etc... b/c traffic is not moving and they are obviusly in a hurry to get somewhere. I call these guys entertainers

:D

I_SMELL_FEAR
12/20/2006, 12:49 PM
Mr "Why the heck am I being slowed down": The guy behind you in slow moving traffic or at a stand still, that has to pull way to the left so he can see around you to make sure there is a reason for him being slowed.

Petro-Sooner
12/20/2006, 12:56 PM
I love the Lane Hog Truck Driver Dude. I sometimes do this myself. I dispise IMI's.

BoomerJack
12/20/2006, 01:10 PM
RE: The earlier reference to George Carlin - I thought he classified drivers as either MORONS or maniacs. Morons the ones who drive slow and don't seem to know where they're going. Maniacs the ones who drive a lot faster than everyone else, weave in and out, etc.

Flagstaffsooner
12/20/2006, 01:11 PM
calUfonians a-holes with california plates that make U-turns on Rt 66 in the middle of Flagstaff.

sooner_born_1960
12/20/2006, 01:11 PM
I love the Lane Hog Truck Driver Dude. I sometimes do this myself. I dispise IMI's.
Me too.

GottaHavePride
12/20/2006, 01:15 PM
interesting, I saw a sign i have not seen before, the other day. It said "State Law - Merge Now"... it would be sweet if those people starting getting ticketed.

They do. One day in OKC I passed that sign on 35 going north and about 50 feet past the sign were three cars all pulled over by motorcycle cops.

Petro-Sooner
12/20/2006, 01:18 PM
They do. One day in OKC I passed that sign on 35 going north and about 50 feet past the sign were three cars all pulled over by motorcycle cops.

SWEET!!!!

I_SMELL_FEAR
12/20/2006, 01:28 PM

heh, that reminds me of all the time seeing, between Tulsa and Owasso around 46th st north, there would be about 10 motorcycle cops sitting on the onramp going North, and they will clock drivers on 169 from behind the signs on the overpass, and the motorcycle cops just roll out one after another giving speeding tickets.

frankensooner
12/20/2006, 01:30 PM
My late father-in-law was the the best IMI. If someone was taking too long ordering in the drive thru, he pulled around them up to the window to place his order. I miss ya big guy!

WILBURJIM
12/20/2006, 01:30 PM
My favorites are the driver's stuck in traffic behind you which you watch (usually thru your rearview mirror) cuss, yell, make had signals, etc... b/c traffic is not moving and they are obviusly in a hurry to get somewhere. I call these guys entertainers

:D

Those aren't entertainers.
Jerk would need to post in this thread to describe an entertainer.

Mine: NOYTHDUF- When someone gives you the finger after they F-up.
NO You're THe DUmb F***.

OUinFLA
12/20/2006, 01:47 PM
*******: Pretty much covers what I call them.

opksooner
12/20/2006, 01:53 PM
Whaddaya call the putz who sits in the left lane of I-35, out in the boonies where there's no congestion, and refuses to move over for faster traffic? His attitude: "By gawd, I done picked me a lane and, by gawd, it's my lane and I'ma gonna sit here as long as I by gawd please!"

I guess he thinks that "Slower traffic move right" sign is a political ad.

SoonerJack
12/20/2006, 01:54 PM
RE: The earlier reference to George Carlin - I thought he classified drivers as either MORONS or maniacs. Morons the ones who drive slow and don't seem to know where they're going. Maniacs the ones who drive a lot faster than everyone else, weave in and out, etc.

It is fitting and appropriate that SoonerJack would get corrected by BoomerJack.

As Ed McMahon would say, "You are correct sir.":D

It has been way too long since I've seen that Carlin bit.:O

OUinFLA
12/20/2006, 01:58 PM
Whaddaya call the putz who sits in the left lane of I-35, out in the boonies where there's no congestion, and refuses to move over for faster traffic? His attitude: "By gawd, I done picked me a lane and, by gawd, it's my lane and I'ma gonna sit here as long as I by gawd please!"

I guess he thinks that "Slower traffic move right" sign is a political ad.

Didn't you read my previous post?

picasso
12/20/2006, 02:13 PM
Jeckyl and Hyde: The guy you just passed as he was going 50 mph that passes you 2 miles later as he is going 85 mph, that you once again pass as he is doing 50 again, then he passes you going 85 again....and on and on and on
I got behind this lady yesterday on highway 99, she was in a van going 40, I was doing 70. she speeds up on a hill to 65, then slows down to 45, then speeds through a 35 zone in town doing about 50.:confused:

retard.

Okieflyer
12/20/2006, 02:22 PM
I got behind this lady yesterday on highway 99, she was in a van going 40, I was doing 70. she speeds up on a hill to 65, then slows down to 45, then speeds through a 35 zone in town doing about 50.:confused:

retard.

Maybe that's where they got the term YO-YO!:)

frankensooner
12/20/2006, 02:24 PM
Handless Harry The dood that doesn't wave when you let him in.

usmc-sooner
12/20/2006, 02:27 PM
I-35ERS

the people who pull out a gun and shoot you if wrong them.

opksooner
12/20/2006, 03:04 PM

I was hoping for something new and piquant. ;)

RacerX
12/20/2006, 05:27 PM
So much smoke pouring out of the exhaust that I turn on recirc -

Captain Planet

I had some asshat pass me in the neighborhood. I said "what a jerk off" only to hear it repeated from the back seat by my four year old. I don't say anything anymore.

Also, I've decided that I'm not in a hurry to get anywhere. I just make sure that I've got good music. Makes life much simpler and I'll probably live longer, I know my brakes will.

RacerX
12/20/2006, 05:30 PM

You must commute on Broadway like I do.

I try my best to be an irritant to those folks.

TexasSooner01
12/20/2006, 05:32 PM

I usually give these guys the finger! :D

OklaPony
12/20/2006, 07:36 PM

See post # 2 in this thread. :D

Jerk
12/20/2006, 08:02 PM

Amen, Frankensooner!

Reading that just IRKS me the wrong way. I am tired of trying to be nice to people by letting them go ahead of me and what do they do?? Look the other way and speed off! Everytime it happens, I swear, I'm not doing it again, ever. If anyone here is like that, you are a worthless peice if human debris who wastes oxygen every time you breathe. Seriously, the world would be a better place without you. I hope you contract a serious STD and die a slow and miserable death. I hope no one goes to your funeral because they are too ashamed to be associated with you and that you're burried in an unmarked grave. You know who you are. The end.