PDA

View Full Version : W says, "We're not winning, we're not losing", asks for another $100 billion

JohnnyMack
12/20/2006, 12:17 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16275638/

Czar Soonerov
12/20/2006, 12:44 AM
Why do you hate America?

Vaevictis
12/20/2006, 01:00 AM
Doesn't that make him a flip flopper?

yermom
12/20/2006, 01:31 AM
why doesn't W support the troops?

Xstnlsooner
12/20/2006, 08:41 AM
Why are we STILL in Iraq??

OklahomaTuba
12/20/2006, 08:56 AM
Why are we STILL in Iraq??
Cause Iran, AQ et al keep trying to kill people there, in case you didn't notice.

Xstnlsooner
12/20/2006, 09:02 AM
The point I'm making is that no matter when we leave, either now or
years from now, we won't change the attitudes of those people nor
their values and culture and within a year, things will be just as they
once were with only a new Sadaam in power.

OklahomaTuba
12/20/2006, 09:03 AM
Hopefully, this means W is going to get serious and try to win this thing instead of *****footing around letting AQ and Iran try to topple the government and kill thousands of people, including our troops.

We should have held Iran responsible for this long ago, and now he needs to step up and do that. Their funding and support of the insurgency is an act of war.

OklahomaTuba
12/20/2006, 09:06 AM
The point I'm making is that no matter when we leave, either now or
years from now, we won't change the attitudes of those people nor
their values and culture and within a year, things will be just as they
once were with only a new Sadaam in power.

So because of that, we should just let Iran or AQ turn it into another Afganistan, except this time with a massive chunk of the worlds oil?

Ugh, no thanks.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/20/2006, 09:40 AM
Doesn't seem like our left-leaning members quite grasp the importance of trying to keep the Middle East from becoming totally in control of Iran. Once the oil stops flowing, or becomes WAY expensive, they will begin to see the light.

Mjcpr
12/20/2006, 09:56 AM
Doesn't seem like our left-leaning members quite grasp the importance of trying to keep the Middle East from becoming totally in control of Iran. Once the oil stops flowing, or becomes WAY expensive, they will begin to see the light.

Maybe they were confused because they were always told it had nothing to do with oil.

Vaevictis
12/20/2006, 09:57 AM
We should have held Iran responsible for this long ago, and now he needs to step up and do that. Their funding and support of the insurgency is an act of war.

Probably not going to happen. As I've been saying for years, the fact that we found no WMD is a major problem for both the President and the country.

W went all in with his political capital on that claim, and lost big. He simply doesn't have the political clout anymore to pursue the issue short of an overt attack -- which is something Iran likely isn't stupid enough to do.

OKLA21FAN
12/20/2006, 10:01 AM
"We're not winning, we're not losing" = "We didn't lose the game, we just ran out of time"

Xstnlsooner
12/20/2006, 10:01 AM
Maybe they were confused because they were always told it had nothing to do with oil.

Actually, I work in the oil industry and am far from ignorant.
Nor, am I left leaning. I just don't think that it's worth
the cost of our soldiers lives in war that is NOT winnable!

WILBURJIM
12/20/2006, 10:07 AM
Well, knocking out the sunni leadership of a majority shi'a country hurts Iran, HOW? Limits Iran's power, how?

12/20/2006, 10:08 AM
As I've been saying for years, the fact that we found no WMD is a major problem for both the President and the country.

Good analysis, except it's WRONG! Plenty of WMD has been found. AND YOU KNOW IT. Don't pretend you don't. You're a victim of the anti-American propaganda machine, and I'm sorry you think you've got it all figured out.
You guys are so freakin' partisan, to the detriment of the country!

Vaevictis
12/20/2006, 10:29 AM
Plenty of WMD has been found. AND YOU KNOW IT. Don't pretend you don't.

You're a victim of the anti-American propaganda machine, and I'm sorry you think you've got it all figured out.

Do you not see the inherent contradiction of those two statements? And back to back at that.

You'd be funny if you weren't so tragic.

------

In any case, direct from the Iraq Survey Group findings -- you know, OUR guys who were looking for WMD:

Saddam Husayn ended the nuclear program in 1991 following the Gulf war. ISG found no evidence to suggest concerted efforts to restart the program.

While a small number of old, abandoned chemical munitions have been discovered, ISG judges that Iraq unilaterally destroyed its undeclared chemical weapons stockpile in 1991. There are no credible indications that Baghdad resumed production of chemical munitions thereafter, a policy ISG attributes to Baghdad’s desire to see sanctions lifted, or rendered ineffectual, or its fear of force against it should WMD be discovered.

ISG judges that in 1991 and 1992, Iraq appears to have destroyed its undeclared stocks of BW weapons and probably destroyed remaining holdings of bulk BW agent.

To be fair, ISG does say (repeatedly) that Saddam almost certainly intended to resume production if and when sanctions were lifted. But this is not the same as the "he has weapons" line that the President offered to the world as justification.

So, I *know* he had weapons, huh? I'm a victim of anti-American propoganda, huh? So how do you explain a report generated by the American government -- while the Republicans were in full power -- saying the above?

JohnnyMack
12/20/2006, 10:34 AM
Cause Iran, AQ et al keep trying to kill people there, in case you didn't notice.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,1975404,00.html

Al Qaeda is so last quarter. Moqtada is the demon du jour.

yermom
12/20/2006, 10:34 AM
"We're not winning, we're not losing" = "We didn't lose the game, we just ran out of time"

well, we do have an Aggie as our Defense Secretary now...

Vaevictis
12/20/2006, 10:35 AM
Stop making demons, start making corpses. Of course, corpses don't make good boogeymen to rally the base with.

Vaevictis
1/15/2007, 08:20 PM
Good analysis, except it's WRONG! Plenty of WMD has been found. AND YOU KNOW IT. Don't pretend you don't. You're a victim of the anti-American propaganda machine, and I'm sorry you think you've got it all figured out.

:rolleyes:

“Well, I strongly disagree with that, of course,” Bush says. “So I strongly reject that this administration hasn’t been straight with the American people. The minute we found out they didn’t have weapons of mass destruction, I was the first to say so.”

“Oh, absolutely. Everybody was wrong on weapons of mass destruction and there was an intelligence failure that we’re trying to address. But I was as surprised as anybody he didn't have them,” Bush tells Pelley.

Can we finally put to rest the myth that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and the MSM is covering it up?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/13/60minutes/main2358754_page3.shtml

(Well, unless you now want to say Bush is covering them up, that is.)

sitzpinkler
1/15/2007, 09:14 PM
You guys are so freakin' partisan, to the detriment of the country!

hahahaha, you need to calm the hell down

1/15/2007, 10:16 PM
hahahaha, you need to calm the hell downYeah, maybe that would cause you leftys to get on the right side of the war.
BTW, this is an old thread, weith old stuff we've all seen.