PDA

View Full Version : So...found a PS3, but want a Wii...

crawfish
12/19/2006, 11:42 PM
Anybody know any sites for negotiating trades? I'm gonna try the ones listing in the classifieds, but I'm not enough of an EBay-nut to know if that's a good place for this kind of transaction.

Help?

OUAndy1807
12/19/2006, 11:46 PM
what model PS3? What do you want for it?

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2006, 11:47 PM
Dude, buy the PS3 and I will get a Wii to trade straight up for it.

crawfish
12/19/2006, 11:50 PM
what model PS3? What do you want for it?

It's a 60GB model. I just want the Wii plus the difference...$380 bucks. Before Christmas, of course. :)

JohnnyMack
12/20/2006, 12:19 AM
Dude, buy the PS3 and I will get a Wii to trade straight up for it.

OK.

Sincerely,

Navin R. Johnson

skycat
12/20/2006, 12:20 AM
craigslist.com works pretty well depending on where you're at.

batonrougesooner
12/20/2006, 12:44 AM
PM me. We can work something out.

Frozen Sooner
12/20/2006, 12:45 AM
OK.

Sincerely,

Navin R. Johnson

Well, it was worth a try. He's just a small invertebrate.

crawfish
12/20/2006, 12:46 AM
Well, it was worth a try. He's just a small invertebrate.

...with a brain as big as a house. :D

Frozen Sooner
12/20/2006, 12:49 AM
But you still haven't found your special purpose.

yermom
12/20/2006, 01:27 AM
seems the Wii is harder to come by these days...

soonerboomer93
12/20/2006, 01:55 AM
Toys R us

soonerboomer93
12/20/2006, 01:57 AM

That should make the women folk happy

:twinkies:

OUDoc
12/20/2006, 09:17 AM
Just mail me the PS3. When/if I find/look for a Wii, I'll send it to you. Hurry up, Christmas is Monday.

Soonrboy
12/20/2006, 09:49 AM
I don't remember where you live...I live in Norman. I had to drive to Lindsay to pick up the Wii before Thanksgiving. Then, had to drive to Paul's Valley the other day to pick up some more paddles to give the boy for Christmas. Both of those stores were the really small ones. Call around to the small towns around you, they'll have the stuff.
No one around the city or Norman had the wii paddles, but Paul's Valley had 15 of them.

crawfish
12/20/2006, 10:06 AM
craigslist.com works pretty well depending on where you're at.

Thanks for the tip! I found a few matches, but the only response I've heard back was "oh, I'm only gonna trade straight up". Riiiiight. Wii's seem to be earning a markup of around $200-250, while PS3's are being marked up $300+. I'm not THAT stupid. :D

The Wii is in higher demand, but the PS3 is far rarer and that's unlikely to change until mid-07 (unlike Wii, which will probably saturate the market in January).

*sigh*. Hopefully, something will work out in the next few days.

crawfish
12/20/2006, 10:08 AM
Just mail me the PS3. When/if I find/look for a Wii, I'll send it to you. Hurry up, Christmas is Monday.

Well, at least I'd have something to do in the waiting room. ;)

Sooner_Bob
12/20/2006, 10:11 AM
I hope the first version of the PS3 isn't as buggy as the first version PS2.

Beef
12/20/2006, 10:13 AM
I bought one of the first PS2's and never had a problem with it.

yermom
12/20/2006, 10:30 AM
mine has locked up a couple of times, once in an overtime thriller in NCAA 06 :mad:

NormanPride
12/20/2006, 10:33 AM
mine has locked up a couple of times, once in an overtime thriller in NCAA 06 :mad:

PS3 or 2?

skycat
12/20/2006, 11:29 AM
I've had problems with both my early PS2 and my early XBOX. I'm done with early adoption for a while.

JohnnyMack
12/20/2006, 11:32 AM
I just play CS:Source online. You console weiners.

yermom
12/20/2006, 12:07 PM
PS3 or 2?

PS2, one of the early ones

TexasSooner01
12/20/2006, 12:11 PM
I was out shopping this weekend and saw several stores here in H-town that had PS3 and Wii game systems. Game Stop and E B Games. Granted they only had two or three left of each....but they had them.

NormanPride
12/20/2006, 12:12 PM
I just play CS:Source online. You console weiners.

The new patches killed it for me. Hitboxes, etc... I was also getting tired of being put on teams of 13 year old sniper-wannabes. :mad:

dolemitesooner
12/20/2006, 12:13 PM
Umm wrong...Thye had 15 last night at the west side walmart...anda line a best buy for some thatwere on there way...I luaghed at the people who could have walked over to walmart and got one. Neither place had a ps3

yermom
12/20/2006, 12:27 PM
i've seen multiple people sitting on PS3's that they can't seem to get the markup they want

just because there were 15 Wii's at Wal-Mart doesn't mean that they had any left over... how many are there now?

Mjcpr
12/20/2006, 12:29 PM
just because there were 15 Wii's at Wal-Mart doesn't mean that they had any left over... how many are there now?

Hang on, he's working in Housewares today.

Pricetag
12/20/2006, 01:06 PM
i've seen multiple people sitting on PS3's that they can't seem to get the markup they want

My neighbor has three PS3's right now.

dolemitesooner
12/20/2006, 01:20 PM
:mad:
Hang on, he's working in Housewares today.
I don't work at wal- mart mother ****er ...lol

dolemitesooner
12/20/2006, 01:21 PM
My neighbor has three PS3's right now.
ok My roomate has 2 ****ing wii's. One for him and one for his brother. Yet I cant find a Ps3.....Hmmm. Best buy is getting wii's every shipment. Ps3's not so much.

yermom
12/20/2006, 02:06 PM
a guy here went to get in line for a Wii at Best Buy a few hours before they opened on Saturday and people had been there since 1900 Friday night, he didn't get one

crawfish
12/20/2006, 02:14 PM
a guy here went to get in line for a Wii at Best Buy a few hours before they opened on Saturday and people had been there since 1900 Friday night, he didn't get one

At our Target last weekend, they had Wii's for sale Sunday morning...15 people camped out starting Friday night...15 Wii's were delivered to the store. :mad:
People who camped out from Saturday didn't get one.

It's really just luck - being in the store at the time they get them in.

Wow, there are a lot of morons in the Wii/PS3 trading biz. This may be more difficult than I thought. :(

NormanPride
12/20/2006, 02:32 PM
Toys R Us has a deal with Nintendo that they get as many as they want. Best bet is to call them mid-afternoon and keep calling every day.

JohnnyMack
12/20/2006, 02:55 PM
The new patches killed it for me. Hitboxes, etc... I was also getting tired of being put on teams of 13 year old sniper-wannabes. :mad:

I didn't love that update either.

Play any DoD:Source?

crawfish
12/20/2006, 03:04 PM
Toys R Us has a deal with Nintendo that they get as many as they want. Best bet is to call them mid-afternoon and keep calling every day.

We do. Target, Wal-Mart, Toys'R'Us and Best Buy. Every.Stinking.Day.

NormanPride
12/20/2006, 03:12 PM
I didn't love that update either.

Play any DoD:Source?

Actually, no. Never really liked DoD for some reason. I miss TFC... :(

Mixer!
12/20/2006, 08:26 PM
Yesterday morning, the wally here had two 60GB PS3's for sale. This morning, they had one 60GB and two 20GB models for sale. I will update their status in the morning.
:norm:

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/20/2006, 08:57 PM
Dolemite, this is simple, kick the door in to the place throw some stuff around and then steal Yermom's Wii...call Craw give him extra money and get his ps3 and everyone is a winner...

crawfish
12/20/2006, 09:59 PM
Umm wrong...Thye had 15 last night at the west side walmart...anda line a best buy for some thatwere on there way...I luaghed at the people who could have walked over to walmart and got one. Neither place had a ps3

You know, if they're so easy for you to get then you could pick one up and we could arrange a trade...then we'd both get what we want. :)

yermom
12/21/2006, 08:57 AM
Dolemite, this is simple, kick the door in to the place throw some stuff around and then steal Yermom's Wii...call Craw give him extra money and get his ps3 and everyone is a winner...

****, i don't have a Wii

i've kinda been thinking about picking one up. i'm not excited enough about it to fight crowds or wait in line though. if the PS3 turns out to not suck, i might get one once the price drops

dolemitesooner
12/21/2006, 12:00 PM
You know, if they're so easy for you to get then you could pick one up and we could arrange a trade...then we'd both get what we want. :)
I will trade you straight up. My roomate says if you will give us the ps3 he will give you an unopened wII

Mixer!
12/21/2006, 12:19 PM
update: 2 - 20G & 2 - 60G PS3's this morning. Boy, that gold rush didn't last long.
:pop:

achiro
12/21/2006, 01:28 PM
I had pretty much decided that I was gonna just wait until there were enough of the Wii's around that I didn't have to really go out of my way to get one. Then I read this thread and I decided I should go ahead and call around just to check. The Wal-marts had 1 left of 5 they got in this morning. I drove up there and I picked it up. So I now have a Wii. On Christmas morning the note will read "to Daddy and Nick from Santa" We will open it together and partake in the American dream, video games as a family with the wife bringing us food and drinks through the day.
Suck it beyonces!!!!!:D :D :D

critical_phil
12/23/2006, 09:54 PM
:texan:

PS3s Being Traded For Wiis (http://gigagamez.com/2006/12/22/ps3s-being-traded-for-wiis/)

By Jason McMaster (http://gigagamez.com/author/jasonmcmaster/) |

So, first people camp out in front of Best Buys for days at a time to get the PS3, and then they trade them for Nintendo Wiis. Seriously. Tony Conrad, CEO and Founder of Sphere (http://www.sphere.com/), pointed this out to us and we had to see it to believe it. There are people out there trying to trade their PS3s for Nintendo Wiis and some of them are offering to take a loss. In order to check out exactly how widespread this phenomenon is, I had to venture into the dangerous, uncharted waters of craigslist.org (http://austin.craigslist.org/) and start doing a little searching of my own.

We decided upon looking in some of the hottest cities on craigslist (http://austin.craigslist.org/): Austin, New York and San Francisco. In my search of Austin, I only turned up 6 total people who wanted to trade their PS3 for a Wii, so I moved on to New York City, which boasted a pretty substantial 18 desired trades. Here’s where it gets crazy: in San Francisco, there are 48 different PS3 for Wii trades going on at this moment. Now, keep in mind, most of these trades are requesting a Wii plus cash difference, but there is the occasional barter that will take a loss just to get their hands on the latest Nintendo console.
Why would these people want to trade their hard-earned PS3 for a Nintendo Wii, since the Wii’s distribution dwarfs that of the PS3? Most of the people who camped out for a Nintendo Wii did so for maybe 4 hours. While the PS3 lines were plagued with greedy eBayers and shootings (http://videogames.yahoo.com/newsarticle?eid=493146&page=0), the Wii lines around where I live were full of people drinking cocoa and taking turns playing DS games. There are a few possible answers.

First, it’s possible that the people trading for the Wii are the ones who managed to grab a couple of PS3s during a restock and can’t move them for as much as they’d like on eBay. Being a completist, I can understand this mentality, because I want every console in every generation. What better use of a second PS3 than getting a Wii plus a little cash?

Another scenario could be that they’re trading the PS3s, which are dropping in price on eBay, for the Wii to try and flip it right before the holidays. This theory is given credit by a few traders looking for 2 Wiis for a 60 GB PS3. That would definitely be a profit gain situation.

Finally, it could just be people who got the PS3 and have been terribly disappointed in the software line-up. The only game that seems to be doing relatively well in the ratings is Resistance: Fall of Man, and that’s not really enough to carry a $500-$600 system. I would love to confirm these thoughts, but all of the people I’ve tried to contact to ask why they’re selling their systems either declined to comment or didn’t have time.
No matter what it turns out to be, I would have never pictured this scenario. Sony has or, depending on who you talk to, had very powerful name recognition. It’s impossible to call a winner this early in the console war, but this time it’s going to be a much closer race.

BudSooner
12/23/2006, 11:41 PM
I don't get it, why trade the PS3 for the Wii.....it seems like your trading down from what i've seen of both consoles.

:les: Damn, i've ****ed up the tv again with the game control!!!

crawfish
12/24/2006, 12:28 AM
I don't get it, why trade the PS3 for the Wii.....it seems like your trading down from what i've seen of both consoles.

:les: Damn, i've ****ed up the tv again with the game control!!!

Didn't work for me. I returned it this morning, the guy didn't make it back to electronics before somebody else had claimed it.