PDA

View Full Version : Cal vs. Texas talked about on ESPN 2

Bud_Wilkinson
12/19/2006, 09:53 PM
Did anyone else hear that???? Cal vs. Texas in the Holiday bowl is my favorite Bowl game. Then he went on to Talk about Colt Mcoy being hurt and Jevan Snead leaving.
None of the others called him on it, but you could just feel the "glad that wasn't me" attitude.
You just have to love it when the talking heads turn into talking a***S.

85sooners
12/19/2006, 09:54 PM
yeah it was desmond howard:confused:

birddog
12/19/2006, 09:56 PM
a&m.

sooneron
12/19/2006, 09:57 PM
Wrong thread

birddog
12/19/2006, 09:57 PM
i know you know that, just correcting the mistake with the actual team.

Cam
12/19/2006, 10:02 PM
Did anyone else hear that???? Cal vs. Texas in the Holiday bowl is my favorite Bowl game. Then he went on to Talk about Colt Mcoy being hurt and Jevan Snead leaving.
None of the others called him on it, but you could just feel the "glad that wasn't me" attitude.
You just have to love it when the talking heads turn into talking a***S.
What's worse is that he did it more than once.

85sooners
12/19/2006, 10:05 PM
What's worse is that he did it more than once. before the game and at halftime :D

Pepper
12/20/2006, 12:06 AM
I heard that but assumed he just left off the A&M part. I didn't know he actually was talking about texas vs. Cal.

Crucifax Autumn
12/20/2006, 12:37 AM
Since when were the talking heads anything BUt talking asses?

arlington
12/20/2006, 01:26 AM
Fire Howard IMMEDIATELY!!They gave the guy 1 game to pick and he was so thorough and serious about his job he went into a 2 minute dialogue on the wrong team..Before the game when he said Texas, i thought no big deal, he just mixed up the name but there is no excuse to go monologue and get aLL GIDDY WHILE DESCRIBING THE INCORRECT TEAM!

Texas Golfer
12/20/2006, 02:39 AM
I heard that but assumed he just left off the A&M part. I didn't know he actually was talking about texas vs. Cal.

I thought so, too, initially. But then he went on and on about Colt McCoy, Aaron Ross, and Jevan Snead.

dougsooner
12/20/2006, 09:24 AM
I saw it and I thought that one of the others would correct him but no one did. Makes me wonder if any of these other "experts" even knew he screwed it up. Idiots. By the way, why is espn highlighting Doug Flutie??? Nice guy and all but he can't speak to save his life.... He just requotes headlines and has no real input that is insightful. Again I say: Idiots.

TexasLidig8r
12/20/2006, 10:02 AM
Even in the rare event when aggy beats Texas, aggy gets no national love. :D

SunDevilSooner
12/20/2006, 11:11 AM
I think the other guys were too embarrassed to correct Dumbsmond...

GrapevineSooner
12/20/2006, 11:17 AM
Did they lay out on him?

I heard about this on the the Ticket this morning.

OKLA21FAN
12/20/2006, 11:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOn77rGFqCs

OSUAggie
12/20/2006, 11:40 AM
Wow... If he got a DUI or hired a prostitute, he would've been fired... If he performs an easy job that thousands, if not millions, of people would take in an instant so poorly, he keeps his job. Pathetic.

soonervegas
12/20/2006, 12:29 PM
This from the channel that has way, WAY too much sway on public opinion when it comes to college football.

cvsooner
12/20/2006, 12:36 PM
That is way too funny. This is a Heisman trophy winner? I wonder how long he'll wait before that matchup he wants to see?

I'm sure nobody corrected him on air because they were hoping nobody had noticed. Either that or they wanted him to look bad. He's just reading off the teleprompter anyway. I doubt he wrote his own stuff, either.

jps
12/20/2006, 01:20 PM
Okay, if he did it before the game and then at halftime as well then obviously none of the other four people there realized he made a mistake which means apparently they all think that Texas is playing Cal. There is no way that they would have let him repeat his mistake at halftime if they would have caught it in the show before the game.

Luthor
12/20/2006, 01:34 PM
It wasn't just dork wad Howard. The crawl on the bottom of the screen said "Cal vs Texas". Obviously ESPN has a few loose screws but once again it looks more like aggy can't get any respect...even when they win.

Poor bastids. Looks like it's time for aggy to launch another lawsuit.

cvsooner
12/20/2006, 02:08 PM
It wasn't just dork wad Howard. The crawl on the bottom of the screen said "Cal vs Texas".

No, it doesn't, or at least the clip posted on youtube.com doesn't. It says "20 Cal vs. 21 Texas A & M" and has the correct logo for A & M.

Somebody in the editorial side goofed, big time, and Howard doesn't care enough to double check before he makes a fool of himself.

EstablishedSooner1967
12/20/2006, 02:34 PM
Ok, I just don't get it... how can this guy make the money he does and F-up that big.... It was ALMOST as bad as the guy who did the Big 12 Championship game. The old guy his name slips me made more mistakes in that game than I did in spelling contest in grade school... and I was/am a bad speller... There is just no accountability any more.

TopDawg
12/20/2006, 02:55 PM
Was the halftime commentary just a replay of the pregame commentary? They do that quite often.

Even still, if they didn't want to do halftime live, they should've re-recorded that segment for the halftime show and gotten it right.

Scott D
12/20/2006, 04:18 PM
That is way too funny. This is a Heisman trophy winner? I wonder how long he'll wait before that matchup he wants to see?

I'm sure nobody corrected him on air because they were hoping nobody had noticed. Either that or they wanted him to look bad. He's just reading off the teleprompter anyway. I doubt he wrote his own stuff, either.

He's also a Super Bowl MVP, but you left that part out. At least name all his accolades before you mock him :)

Texas Golfer
12/20/2006, 11:45 PM
It wasn't just dork wad Howard. The crawl on the bottom of the screen said "Cal vs Texas". Obviously ESPN has a few loose screws but once again it looks more like aggy can't get any respect...even when they win.

Poor bastids. Looks like it's time for aggy to launch another lawsuit.

No, it didn't. It not only had "Cal vs Texas A&M", it had their helmets with logos. This was Howard's screwup and either nobody caught it or just didn't want to correct him.

birddog
12/20/2006, 11:48 PM
i'm embarrassed for the guy.

i don't get how that could happen. look at a friggin bowl schedule!!

goingoneight
12/20/2006, 11:49 PM
Since when were the talking heads anything BUt talking asses?

Sometimes they are talking penises.