PDA

View Full Version : In the male language...

Melo
12/19/2006, 09:42 PM
What does 'I have something to tell you... it's not bad, but its not good, either' mean? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Okla-homey
12/19/2006, 09:45 PM
He "thinks your relationship is strong enough for you to start dating other people."

Either that, or he's joining a carnival because he's fulfilling a lifelong dream of running the "tilt-o-whirl" but he'll still get to see you a couple times a year.

crawfish
12/19/2006, 09:46 PM
"It's bad".

YW.

Cam
12/19/2006, 09:46 PM
He's got to go out of town for a couple of weeks and he won't be able to talk to you while he's away. When he's back, he's all yours.

tbl
12/19/2006, 09:47 PM
Crabs...

olevetonahill
12/19/2006, 09:50 PM
Clap . it aint bad , cause penicillin can clear it up .
aint good cause well , you know :eek:
kill the bastage

Jimminy Crimson
12/19/2006, 09:55 PM
He found out its only HIV? :mack:

Melo
12/19/2006, 09:57 PM
He told me hes been 'thinking about some serious sh*t.' That kind of scares me. He's thinking, all of a sudden? This cant be good.

Cam
12/19/2006, 09:59 PM
He told me hes been 'thinking about some serious sh*t.' That kind of scares me. He's thinking, all of a sudden? This cant be good.
Sounds like it's one of the two:
1) Maybe we should see other people to make sure we're really meant to be together. Translation: I slept with somebody last weekend and I want your permission to sleep with her again.
2) He's gonna pop the question. Maybe not "the" question, might just want to live in sin with you if you're not already.

royalfan5
12/19/2006, 10:00 PM
How's his relationship with Jesus? Did he just find him, or perhaps Allah, Xenu or the Book of Morman?

OUHOMER
its bad, no doubt about it.

VeeJay
Hell, I NEVER said that before sex.

usmc-sooner
12/19/2006, 10:03 PM
just act like you don't give a crap, it drives men nuts.

if he wants to see other people say ok, girls can hook up much easier than guys.

if he has herpes show emotion

Mongo
12/19/2006, 10:06 PM
What does 'I have something to tell you... it's not bad, but its not good, either' mean? :confused: :confused: :confused:

He's preganant

Cam
12/19/2006, 10:06 PM
if he has herpes show emotion and then kick him squarely in the crotch. Be sure to borrow some steal toe boots.
Fixed.

OUinFLA
12/19/2006, 10:08 PM
"I'm pregnant".

oh, wait, he's a guy?
sorry, it was just an old memory that came to mind.

olevetonahill
12/19/2006, 10:13 PM
"I'm pregnant".

oh, wait, he's a guy?
sorry, it was just an old memory that came to mind.
Never heard of Backfire ?

proud gonzo
12/19/2006, 10:34 PM
um... why not just wait until he tells you instead of freaking out?

SicEmBaylor
12/19/2006, 10:35 PM
It's not necessarily bad but whenever I've heard that from girl language it has never been good.

Melo
12/19/2006, 10:35 PM
Alright, well... APPARENTLY, 'I've been thinking about some serious sh*t' translates into 'I'm having some problems with my business starting up, and if I don't hear from my bank in the next two weeks, chances are, I will be moving to Seattle.'

Wonderful. He whines and complains about me moving 45 minutes away, and he wants to move to WASHINGTON?! Last time I counted, that was DEFINITELY more than 45 minutes away.

Mongo
12/19/2006, 10:36 PM

PG, the level headed dude:D

Melo
12/19/2006, 10:36 PM

Because now that I semi-freaked out for a few minutes, the actual information didn't come as much of a shock.

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2006, 10:38 PM
So he met some girl in Seattle?

OUinFLA
12/19/2006, 10:38 PM
SicEm is manipulating his banking abilities.

soonerboomer93
12/19/2006, 10:39 PM
Meloless in Seattle?

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2006, 10:41 PM
What's his startup business again? Is he the Beeper King?

Technology is cyclical, you know. He should make sure his bank knows this.

proud gonzo
12/19/2006, 10:43 PM
Wonderful. He whines and complains about me moving 45 minutes away, and he wants to move to WASHINGTON?! Last time I counted, that was DEFINITELY more than 45 minutes away. Yeah, but you have to admit, those are two very different reasons for moving. Yours was a decision that was not mandatory, and it sounds like he might not have a choice. That doesn't mean he wants to move there.

SicEmBaylor
12/19/2006, 10:56 PM
Melo, you always have me just a few hours away.

YWIA. ;)

Seriously, I understand why you're upset. I would be upset as well. Have you discussed where this leaves your relationship? Long distance relationships are difficult but not impossible to overcome.

Melo
12/19/2006, 11:02 PM
Yeah, but you have to admit, those are two very different reasons for moving. Yours was a decision that was not mandatory, and it sounds like he might not have a choice. That doesn't mean he wants to move there.

I know he doesn't want to move there if he doesn't have to. And I do admit that the circumstances are different.

I told him that I understood, and he needed to do what he needed to do. I brought up the point that I did the same thing. So as far as the situation is concerned, we're not going to really count on it happening until we know for sure it will.

SicEm, long distance wouldn't be my first choice of a relationship, but if I have to deal with it to stay with the bf, then I will. I know nothing will change, relationship status-wise based merely on a move he has to make for a few months. And, for the record, I thought he perhaps would be moving for a long time. He told me it wouldn't be for very long, only a few months.

soonerboomer93
12/19/2006, 11:04 PM
One time I told some friends I was only moving for a little while. That was 5 years ago roughly.

Sometimes a little time can turn into a long time.

Oh, I'm not saying that will happen in your case, it's just something to remember

Mongo
12/19/2006, 11:05 PM
2393.51 miles/ 160 MPH on a crotch rocket=14.96 hours

Not fast, but reasonable.

tbl
12/19/2006, 11:09 PM
Only a few months... that will probably survive. Upwards of a year or more, that's some tough stuff to get through.

dolemitesooner
12/19/2006, 11:16 PM
Alright, well... APPARENTLY, 'I've been thinking about some serious sh*t' translates into 'I'm having some problems with my business starting up, and if I don't hear from my bank in the next two weeks, chances are, I will be moving to Seattle.'

Wonderful. He whines and complains about me moving 45 minutes away, and he wants to move to WASHINGTON?! Last time I counted, that was DEFINITELY more than 45 minutes away.
Wow

SCOUT
12/19/2006, 11:18 PM
Only a few months... that will probably survive. Upwards of a year or more, that's some tough stuff to get through.
I had a long distance relationship for 2 years during college. Sure it was only a couple hundred miles, but we only saw each other once a month or so, so it sure seemed like a long distance.

We have been married 10 1/2 years now.

JohnnyMack
12/19/2006, 11:22 PM
I think you should shag dolemite. That'd show him.

jk the sooner fan
12/19/2006, 11:24 PM
ok in his "news", i'm not sure i see where the good part is.....at least as far as you're concerned

sounds like "all bad" to me

and frankly, successful long distance relationships at your age are rare.....RARE.....especially when the distance is from texas to washington state

you're too young to strap yourself down with that kind of long distance deal

just my opinion

dolemitesooner
12/19/2006, 11:25 PM
I think you should shag dolemite. That'd show him.
Wow ...where did that come from?

SCOUT
12/19/2006, 11:31 PM
and frankly, successful long distance relationships at your age are rare.....RARE.....especially when the distance is from texas to washington state

just my opinion

I am not saying this to dispute JK, because I believe he is right. With that said, my long distance success rate is 100% :D

olevetonahill
12/19/2006, 11:32 PM

Dump the loser
sounds like he wants to hit you up for a loan !

JohnnyMack
12/19/2006, 11:41 PM
Wow ...where did that come from?

Nothing personal, I just think this place needs more drama.

proud gonzo
12/19/2006, 11:54 PM
ok in his "news", i'm not sure i see where the good part is.....at least as far as you're concerned

sounds like "all bad" to me

just my opinion
honestly, I don't think it'll make a bit of difference whether or not they try to "strap themselves down" with a long distance relationship. chances are they won't have to worry about being strapped down for long. (no offense, melo)

if the distance seems like it's going to be a problem, it's going to be a problem.

Melo
12/20/2006, 12:13 AM
honestly, I don't think it'll make a bit of difference whether or not they try to "strap themselves down" with a long distance relationship. chances are they won't have to worry about being strapped down for long. (no offense, melo)

if the distance seems like it's going to be a problem, it's going to be a problem.

Erm... None taken.

The distance hasn't been an issue for me, so far. I'm pretty happy with a phone call every night. He, on the other hand... gets... unhappy. Gets sensitive about the situation, which usually leads to a small amount of bickering.

For a relationship as young as mine, we got pretty close quickly. BUT, past the relationship, it doesn't take long to find a true best friend. The idea of breaking up with my boyfriend doesn't upset me. In fact, knowing me, it wouldn't take long to get over it. Losing my friend, on the other hand, would be devastating to me. For the past 4-5 months, he has been my support. He's been the one to encourage me to really search for my niche in life.

I'm not worried about us breaking up, not anytime soon. Though I doubt I would see it coming.

Mongo
12/20/2006, 12:54 AM
Erm... None taken.

The distance hasn't been an issue for me, so far. I'm pretty happy with a phone call every night. He, on the other hand... gets... unhappy. Gets sensitive about the situation, which usually leads to a small amount of bickering.

For a relationship as young as mine, we got pretty close quickly. BUT, past the relationship, it doesn't take long to find a true best friend. The idea of breaking up with my boyfriend doesn't upset me. Then it is over already.

In fact, knowing me, it wouldn't take long to get over it. Losing my friend, on the other hand, would be devastating to me. For the past 4-5 months, he has been my support. He's been the one to encourage me to really search for my niche in life. Then you would miss him, or his support, then you are just using yalls relationship for your benefit, but you wouldnt miss him as a boyfriend:rolleyes:
I'm not worried about us breaking up, not anytime soon. Though I doubt I would see it coming. You may think you are a realist, but you have doomed yall relationship with that negative tone

Hope this helps

proud gonzo
12/20/2006, 01:19 AM
I'm not worried about us breaking up, not anytime soon. Though I doubt I would see it coming.well... probably everyone else would. :O

afs
12/20/2006, 06:03 AM
2 chicks at the same time. got any hot friends?

dolemitesooner
12/20/2006, 12:00 PM
2 chicks at the same time. got any hot friends?
Did someone just say 2 chicks at the same time. SWEET I AM DOWN

colleyvillesooner
12/20/2006, 12:04 PM
Sounds like this is destined to end as "just good friends" to me, if he moves. You could end amicably and still maintain a friend that future boyfriends will be curious/jealous of your relationship with him. :D

mdklatt
12/20/2006, 12:10 PM

It means the same as it does in the female language: It's not bad [for me], but it's not good [for you].

Beef
12/20/2006, 12:12 PM
I think he's just trying to play you for some going away secks.

Fugue
12/20/2006, 12:13 PM
http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/cwm/freak3.gif

dolemitesooner
12/20/2006, 12:15 PM
I think he's just trying to play you for some going away secks.
rofl

TUSooner
12/20/2006, 12:17 PM
Wow
Did you actually spell that correctly? Or did you mean "Woe" or "Who?" or "WTF?" or "woot!" :confused:

:D

dolemitesooner
12/20/2006, 01:18 PM
Did you actually spell that correctly? Or did you mean "Woe" or "Who?" or "WTF?" or "woot!" :confused:

LOL:D

OUinFLA
12/20/2006, 02:05 PM
Dump the loser
sounds like he wants to hit you up for a loan !

Spot On.

As you get older you get more cynical.

TexasLidig8r
12/20/2006, 02:40 PM
"Darlin... it's time we redefined the nature of our association."

Okla-homey
12/20/2006, 02:45 PM

I agree. You're too danged young to be tied down to anyone feller. Live life while you're young so there will be no "coulda-woulda-shoulda's" later. Climb every mountain, sail every sea.

TexasSooner01
12/20/2006, 02:48 PM

That movie rocks! :cool:

Rogue
12/20/2006, 07:31 PM
Doc Holiday!

I was thinking along the same lines as Mongo. If dood's mottersickle goes like a bajillion miles an hour distance is nuthin.

soonerboomer93
12/20/2006, 07:41 PM

firefox has a built in spell checker, Yermom forces him to use it :D

OCUDad
12/20/2006, 08:59 PM
Melo, you always have me just a few hours away.This is a marvelous idea. Melo, I think you should take SicEm up on his offer. Almost immediately you will realize that there are far worse things in life than having a boyfriend in Seattle. And everything will be OK again.

SicEmBaylor
12/20/2006, 10:38 PM
This is a marvelous idea. Melo, I think you should take SicEm up on his offer. Almost immediately you will realize that there are far worse things in life than having a boyfriend in Seattle. And everything will be OK again.

You joke but I consider myself to have been a very very good boyfriend during my 5 year long relationship.

Melo
12/20/2006, 11:02 PM
I'm happy with the bf I have now.

Turns out, after talking to a friend last night, I was just doing the whole 'girl/PMSing/lets get emotional about EVERYTHING' thing. She talked some sense to me, I popped a couple Benedryl, and woke up all fine and dandy this morning. I talked to him today, and everything is fine again. And he never had to hear any of the upset girl drama from my end.

tbl
12/20/2006, 11:16 PM
I had a long distance relationship for 2 years during college. Sure it was only a couple hundred miles, but we only saw each other once a month or so, so it sure seemed like a long distance.

We have been married 10 1/2 years now.
Big difference between that and Seattle. That's some expensive visits (which will end up petering out). A couple of hours ain't bad, but that's a loooooong way. However, the couple of months deal ought to offset it and be fine.

tbl
12/20/2006, 11:23 PM
You joke but I consider myself to have been a very very good boyfriend during my 5 year long relationship.
Yeah dog... but it ended up with her marrying another dude. I think you're too nice, holmes. I'm not saying jerks get all the girls (even though we do). I'm just saying girls like a dude that will be assertive, confident, and not take any of their mess. Any of the girls that like the overly nice guys are usually the ones that dominate them, and end up cheating on them (with one of the "jerks").

SicEmBaylor
12/20/2006, 11:41 PM
Yeah dog... but it ended up with her marrying another dude. I think you're too nice, holmes. I'm not saying jerks get all the girls (even though we do). I'm just saying girls like a dude that will be assertive, confident, and not take any of their mess. Any of the girls that like the overly nice guys are usually the ones that dominate them, and end up cheating on them (with one of the "jerks").

She told me she didn't have any respect for me becuase I gave in to her on everything and gave her everything she wanted.

I don't know about Melo's boyfriend but I really think Melo is more level headed than that. She's actually quite mature for her age and her theory on relationships is well beyond the actual experience she's had with them. I think if there is a way for Melo to make things work then she will.

proud gonzo
12/21/2006, 12:23 AM
I'm happy with the bf I have now.

Turns out, after talking to a friend last night, I was just doing the whole 'girl/PMSing/lets get emotional about EVERYTHING' thing. She talked some sense to me, I popped a couple Benedryl, and woke up all fine and dandy this morning. I talked to him today, and everything is fine again. And he never had to hear any of the upset girl drama from my end.good to hear, Moodswing Mary ;)

Melo
12/21/2006, 12:48 AM
good to hear, Moodswing Mary ;)

Not all of us can be so lucky as to be unaffected my mood swings. Unforunetely for me, and everyone else, one of the main side effects of my new medicine is mood swings. :mad:

OCUDad
12/21/2006, 01:24 AM
Not all of us can be so lucky as to be unaffected my mood swings. Unforunetely for me, and everyone else, one of the main side effects of my new medicine is mood swings. :mad:Yay! Drugs!

SicEmBaylor
12/21/2006, 02:13 AM
What medicine? The BC?

olevetonahill
12/21/2006, 02:57 AM
dayum flood control
we could have so much fun with this thread !
sicem giving love lorn advice ,melo and her Moods ,
and the rest of us taking off on tangents :D
Thats why I only date women who have a female vasectomy :pop: