PDA

View Full Version : Lennon Creer - RB

melbitoast
12/19/2006, 08:59 PM
Apparently he announced a Top 5 today or yesterday. Does anyone know if we're still in the running for this guy?
The guy appears to have great size and a frame to build one.

Showman? anyone? Any extra info would be great!

The Consumate Showman
12/20/2006, 12:21 AM
Last I found out, it was basically between us and Tenn., with schools like UF and UT an outside shot...way outside though. If he's gonna commit to us though, he'd better hurry it up....we only have about 3-4 more schollys left in this class and 2 are reserved.

Seamus
12/20/2006, 04:48 AM
Hey, Con -- for whom are they reserved?

Sorry if you've gone over it already.

Sláinte,
Seamus

The Consumate Showman
12/21/2006, 10:47 AM
Romine and Scott are high on santa's list.

Seamus
12/21/2006, 02:21 PM
Appreciate the reply.

Sláinte,
Seamus

melbitoast
12/21/2006, 09:12 PM
Last I found out, it was basically between us and Tenn., with schools like UF and UT an outside shot...way outside though. If he's gonna commit to us though, he'd better hurry it up....we only have about 3-4 more schollys left in this class and 2 are reserved.

Dude, I know you've heard this before, but you're awesome. I'm very heavy into recruiting, watching the boards every couple of hours for updates, but you always seem to have some inside info. How do you do it? :pop:

Octavian
1/30/2007, 04:21 AM
any chance?

Harry Beanbag
1/30/2007, 06:43 AM
Dude, I know you've heard this before, but you're awesome. I'm very heavy into recruiting, watching the boards every couple of hours for updates, but you always seem to have some inside info. How do you do it? :pop:

:D :pop:

Harry Beanbag
1/30/2007, 06:49 AM
Supposed to announce Thursday.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/30/2007, 09:48 AM
ROMINE?!?!? Isn't he a solid domer? Oops, I now see when you said we were reserving a scholly.

landrun
1/30/2007, 09:20 PM
The Consumate Showman, what is your gut feeling?

OU or Tenn??
Fulmer is a wicked recruiter. We always seem to lose to him.

insuranceman_22
1/30/2007, 10:46 PM
With AD gone & Tenn. having several running back commit's, we've got to have a legit shot. We may have lost some instate recruits to fulmer over the years, but we're still good at dragging them out of tex...... Come on in Creer, wanna run behind 4 returning linemen......

Collier11
1/31/2007, 12:20 PM
Come on in Creer, wanna run behind 4 returning linemen......

For 2-3 more years also!!!

nytehorn
1/31/2007, 09:44 PM
I think OU has Creer locked up. Tennessee already has 4 3-star recruits at RB, and OU is without a RB recruit right now. My prediction...OU.

setem
1/31/2007, 10:17 PM
Why the heck would any RB want to come to OU right now?

Murray, Brown, Madu and AP are wicked RB's

I should hope that we don't have 2 or 3 RB's go down before the season starts. I mean the kid may very well be good but brown and AP have show they can win games. Murray is just sick in his recruiting videos and I know he is gonna put on a show for us all. From what I have heard about Madu is that he is a top notch running back. We have the best running backs in the country apart from Felix Jones and D-Mac from Arkansas...I would put our boys against them any day though!

If the kids wants to join up so be it! I am not gonna push the #10 running back in the country to the curb:D

Collier11
1/31/2007, 10:25 PM
Creer cancelled a meeting with OU coaches after his visit to bama, I think we are out!

Seamus
1/31/2007, 11:11 PM

I should hope that we don't have 2 or 3 RB's go down before the season starts. I mean the kid may very well be good but brown and AP have show they can win games. Murray is just sick in his recruiting videos and I know he is gonna put on a show for us all. From what I have heard about Madu is that he is a top notch running back. We have the best running backs in the country apart from Felix Jones and D-Mac from Arkansas...I would put our boys against them any day though!

If the kids wants to join up so be it! I am not gonna push the #10 running back in the country to the curb:D

You can never have too many RBs.

p.s. -- I owe you spek, but it says I gotta spread some love around. oh, well, it's gray anyway for another 300 posts ... :O

insuranceman_22
1/31/2007, 11:24 PM
Not good - I think Creer would be a very nice addition to this year's class.

soonerthanu
1/31/2007, 11:29 PM
Oh well, it would have been nice to get him.

starrca23
1/31/2007, 11:33 PM

DeMarco Murray will make us not worry about him.

insuranceman_22
1/31/2007, 11:42 PM
Murray is supposed to be the real deal, think he can get some pt next season? Brown looked good & Patrick looked very good, & don't forget about Madu.....

bixby28
2/1/2007, 02:34 AM
Murray is supposed to be the real deal, think he can get some pt next season? Brown looked good & Patrick looked very good, & don't forget about Madu.....

Insuranceman_22, Murray didn't play in the Fall scrimmage i attended (turf toe) so i can't comment on his play since arriving at OU, but his HS highlight film is nothing short of amazing. He was rated the #1 HS running back in the country and it's easy to tell why from his video. Below is the youtube.com link to that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtnC4o3SRkQ

I was very impressed with Madu in the Fall Scrimmage. He was very quick and did not play like a freshman.

stoopified
2/1/2007, 10:34 AM
With AP and UPS(Brown) having already shown what they can do AND the potential of Madu,Murray all is serene.

stuckinlubbock
2/1/2007, 11:07 AM
So who did he pick? Wasn't the announcement at 10am

stuckinlubbock
2/1/2007, 11:08 AM
tennessee site says he picked the vols.

AlabamaSooner
2/1/2007, 11:13 AM
That's what I heard also....*puke*

King Crimson
2/1/2007, 12:18 PM
Madu and Murray RS looks pretty handy. still, would have liked to get Creer......and puts a premium at the position next year recruiting.

but, win some lose some.

okcusooner
2/1/2007, 12:49 PM
Given Brown, Madu, and Murray, signing Creer was neither likely nor necessary.

To quote Bill Murray from Meatballs,"It just doesn't matter"

KYHonorarySooner
2/1/2007, 12:59 PM
Creer to Phil and the Vols per Rivals.

http://tennessee.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=636720

Widescreen
2/1/2007, 01:08 PM
<irrational recruiting junkie>He sucks! We didn't need him anyway! I don't think we even offered!</irrational recruiting junkie>

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/1/2007, 01:19 PM
The lure of TN continues to puzzle me.

AlabamaSooner
2/1/2007, 01:45 PM

I second that. They had a horrible recruiting year last year and now this?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/1/2007, 02:11 PM
The lure of Tenne$$ee continues to puzzle me.

Yeah, I wonder what i$ $o attractive to make recruit$ $ign with the Vol$?

Theskipster
2/1/2007, 02:37 PM

What other school can you get your very own orange "THINK CARD" to help you figure out how to not get in trouble?

Harry Beanbag
2/1/2007, 05:02 PM

Well, Smokey does kick the **** out of our horsepigs.

http://www.college-traditions.com/COLLEGE/SEC/TNVolnt/TNVl2003/RO11026.jpg

Jdog
2/1/2007, 06:14 PM
Insuranceman_22, Murray didn't play in the Fall scrimmage i attended (turf toe) so i can't comment on his play since arriving at OU, but his HS highlight film is nothing short of amazing. He was rated the #1 HS running back in the country and it's easy to tell why from his video. Below is the youtube.com link to that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtnC4o3SRkQ

I was very impressed with Madu in the Fall Scrimmage. He was very quick and did not play like a freshman.

As was mentioned during last years recruiting season - all of the posted Highlight films of Murray were against very weak opposition - like 0-10.

He wasn't the #1 rated RB when he signed - Actually he was a 4 star - he had lost a star after the Army all star game. Depending on the poll, he wound up some where between 4th and 7th among RB. Still not bad - about like Creer,

KingDavid
2/1/2007, 06:33 PM
ho hum. this is not a big deal. would have been nice, but not a big deal.

To me, the biggest disappointment of this year's class has to be our failure to land a top flight DE.

It would have been QB if we hadn't pulled Nichol away from Mich. St.

bixby28
2/1/2007, 07:54 PM
As was mentioned during last years recruiting season - all of the posted Highlight films of Murray were against very weak opposition - like 0-10.

He wasn't the #1 rated RB when he signed - Actually he was a 4 star - he had lost a star after the Army all star game. Depending on the poll, he wound up some where between 4th and 7th among RB. Still not bad - about like Creer,

ESPN had Murray at #1. I think they know what they are talking about but i agree that it wasn't a consensus #1 rank. It's rare that any recruit is ranked consistently across the many recruiting sites.

Jdog
2/1/2007, 08:03 PM
ESPN had Murray at #1. I think they know what they are talking about but i agree that it wasn't a consensus #1 rank. It's rare that any recruit is ranked consistently across the many recruiting sites.

You’re the first Sooner fan that I ever heard say that ESPN knows what they're talking about.

I usually hear quite the contrary.

nytehorn
2/1/2007, 08:28 PM
Well, guess I missed that one totally. I can't understand Creer going to Tenn. with a loaded RB class already. Obviously, he followed his friend and teammate there. On onother note, what is the deal with Les Miles and LSU?? I thought LSU would sink by hiring him, as he didn't do much at Okie Lite. If he pulls in the final 4 recruits that are saying LSU is high on their list, it will be close between them and Florida.

bixby28
2/1/2007, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=Jdog]You’re the first Sooner fan that I ever heard say that ESPN knows what they're talking about.

Guess we'll find out how 'right' ESPN was about Demarco Murray soon enough. I'm definitely not alone in saying he was the #1 HS running back last year.

Like i said, recruits are not positioned consistently from site to site.