PDA

View Full Version : Pat Forde article on ESPN.com

SunDevilSooner
12/19/2006, 05:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2702076

The important information: Yes, Virginia, there is a second unbeaten team out there. It's the Broncos, who play their first BCS game against one of the all-time blue bloods of the sport. On the field, Adrian Peterson vs. Ian Johnson is even better than McFadden vs. Hill. In fact, it's the marquee RB matchup of bowl season.

The useless information: Actually, this isn't quite so useless. The average weight of the Boise State defensive starters is 36 pounds less per man than the average Oklahoma offensive starter. And they're going to stop Peterson?

The pick: Oklahoma 41, Boise State 29

sooner2b09
12/19/2006, 05:30 PM
He is also picking OSU over Alabama. Wow, i think Alabama will beat them partly because they play in the sec and they have lost some very close games to some decent teams.

I agree with you on the AD vs. Ian, this will be one helluva game to watch (i hope)

sooner2b09
12/19/2006, 05:31 PM
prediction OU-35 BSU-21

melbitoast
12/19/2006, 08:03 PM
prediction OU-35 BSU-21

I agree, but hoping for more like ~35/38 to 17/21. If the spread is less than 14, I'll bet some serious money on it.

badger
12/19/2006, 08:21 PM
wow, all the neg spek in this thread... and it really isn't a bad thread!

forde finally decided to the let the david boren thing go, i guess, and talk about the football team for a change.

If his picks are correct, it looks to be a good bowl season for the big 12.

dear ksu: you upset us, now its your turn to upset rutgers.

jwlynn64
12/19/2006, 11:35 PM
If you are a star junior and are being asked about turning pro, your answer is: "I really haven't given it any thought. I'm just been concentrating on this bowl game. After that, I'll sit down with my family and my coaches and make the decision that's best for me."

The funny thing about this is that the "I'm just been concentrating...." line isn't a typo. ;)

dougsooner
12/20/2006, 09:29 AM
No way tater scores 29 on us.

AimForCenterMass
12/21/2006, 12:09 AM
Little off topic, but some jackass on the BSU boards thinks Oklahoma is not a top five program all time. When I mentioned relevant things like NC's, CC's, Heisman Trophy winners, All Americans, winning streaks, 10+ win seasons, etc. he responded that you have to look at things like attendance, financial strength, national following, etc. to be ranked in the top five.

He also indicated people outside of Norman would barely vote Oklahoma in the top ten. This guy needs a serious education. Can any of you find stats for the irrelevant things he posted?

BTW, if you want to see the posts, click here.
http://mb14.scout.com/fboisestatefrm2.showMessageRange?topicID=3745.topi c&start=41&stop=44

This is just page three. The first two are very entertaining but you'd spend a lot of time reading. I made very good arguments, but those of course, were disregarded and it was back to the insults and opinions. Anyways, enjoy.

MyT Oklahoma
12/21/2006, 12:41 AM
As one of my former professors once said.. "There's one in every crowd."

Perhaps he should try looking through the NCAA record books for all of the entrys regarding the Sooners as opposed to his school. Talk is cheap and he is a Grade A prime example.

P.S. If you check the NCAA record books for Ohio State, they are way behind OU. In fact they aren't even close.

Crucifax Autumn
12/21/2006, 12:44 AM
But Boise is the center of the known universe!

PDTsooner
12/21/2006, 05:15 PM
Who really gives a **** what he thinks. He can go suck eggs if he does not think OU is in the top 5 or 10. He's baiting you. He's beneath you and therefore his opinion does not matter.