PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mike Rich

royalfan5
12/19/2006, 03:48 PM
What did you do as a banker? It looks like I will have a relationship manager offer for a large ag lender soon, and I am curious about the financial services professional lifestyle. I hear it involves foreign cars and multiple cats.

bri
12/19/2006, 03:51 PM
Don't forget the inability to keep your personal electronics gadgets from being stolen from said foreign car. :D

Tulsa_Fireman
12/19/2006, 03:53 PM
It looks like I will have a relationship manager offer...

Mmmmm. All he'd have t' do is bring me some flowers, some candy, a card, n' I'd have relations wit' just about anybody.

And that Mike Douglas makes me moist.

royalfan5
12/19/2006, 06:40 PM
bump

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2006, 06:51 PM
What did you do as a banker? It looks like I will have a relationship manager offer for a large ag lender soon, and I am curious about the financial services professional lifestyle. I hear it involves foreign cars and multiple cats.

Heh.

I was a branch manager. Ran branches from 2mm in assets up to 40mm in assets.

It was a good living and I did it pretty well-every branch I was at experienced double-digit growth every year I was there-but it was pretty stressful. Relationship manager probably isn't the same kind of stress-you're dealing with more professional-type people rather than every yahoo who walks in off the street. I assume this is a "relationship manager" in the sense that you'd be serving corporate clients as opposed to what some institutions call a "relationship manager" which is a CSR with a fancier title and crappier pay.

royalfan5
12/19/2006, 06:59 PM
Heh.

I was a branch manager. Ran branches from 2mm in assets up to 40mm in assets.

It was a good living and I did it pretty well-every branch I was at experienced double-digit growth every year I was there-but it was pretty stressful. Relationship manager probably isn't the same kind of stress-you're dealing with more professional-type people rather than every yahoo who walks in off the street. I assume this is a "relationship manager" in the sense that you'd be serving corporate clients as opposed to what some institutions call a "relationship manager" which is a CSR with a fancier title and crappier pay.
Yes, I wouldn't be working for a bank in a traditonal sense, more a lending-only instition that specializes in Agriculture. And I am totally getting a cat.

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2006, 07:03 PM
Oh, yeah, that sounds like a pretty good job. Just make sure to scape the cow manure off of your Manolos when you get back to the office.

And you should totally get a cat. That way you can stroke him as you foreclose on another family farm.

royalfan5
12/19/2006, 07:07 PM
Oh, yeah, that sounds like a pretty good job. Just make sure to scape the cow manure off of your Manolos when you get back to the office.

And you should totally get a cat. That way you can stroke him as you foreclose on another family farm.
I'll be one of those boot wearing bankers. And there won't be any foreclosing for the next couple of years until the ethanol boom goes poof. I'll stroke the cat anyway though.

soonerboomer93
12/19/2006, 07:37 PM

ymssr...

****ing brilliant though