PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska Fans are still SORE!!!

Hublah
12/19/2006, 12:34 PM
I just drove through Kansas, Colorado, and Wyoming on my way to Utah. I passed a lot of Nebraska cars and I was sure to have my OU hat in the window so they could see. I was driving in Wyoming and this white car pulled up beside me and the little girl that was driving flipped me off. I asked my wife what that was all about and we had no idea, until we saw that Nebraska tag on the back of her car!!! They are still reeling over the loss...poor little huskers!!!!

DarrellZero
12/19/2006, 12:38 PM
They oughta be sore.

If the game were still going on, they still wouldn't have scored.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/19/2006, 12:40 PM
Yeah... but they's all sorts o' classy, ain't they?

Jeez, with that sort of behavior you'd think Larry the Cable Guy was occupying one of their fancy shmancy new donor's suites....

...but WE'RE the f'ing hillbillies... pfffffttt....

NormanPride
12/19/2006, 12:45 PM
I bet they're in cahoots with the guys in Eugene...

Flagstaffsooner
12/19/2006, 12:56 PM
I just drove through Kansas, Colorado, and Wyoming on my way to Utah. I passed a lot of Nebraska cars and I was sure to have my OU hat in the window so they could see. I was driving in Wyoming and this white car pulled up beside me and the little girl that was driving flipped me off. I asked my wife what that was all about and we had no idea, until we saw that Nebraska tag on the back of her car!!! They are still reeling over the loss...poor little huskers!!!!Little girl is learning class from...
http://images.athlonsports.com/d/437-1/Nebraska_Callahan300.jpg

OhU1
12/19/2006, 01:15 PM
Class and fan don't belong in the same sentence. It's easy to be a "good fan" and a good "fan base" when you are winning. Nebraska bears this out.

starrca23
12/19/2006, 01:15 PM
I wonder if Zach Thomas still thinks he made the right decision?

jk the sooner fan
12/19/2006, 01:19 PM
i'm driving to nebraska thursday......with an OU sticker centered on the back windshield, should be fun

soonerloyal
12/19/2006, 01:20 PM
Of course he made the right decision. It was right for him at the time, and all you can do is make the best decision where you are in that time. He's a great young man with wonderful talent, and he'll continue to get better. Sure, I've wondered what he could have done under Stoop's tutelage - but I'm happy for him.

Edited to say dayum, I'm dumb...I just realized you said Zach Thomas, not Zach Taylor. My bad, sorry...

Poor fans suck no matter what team colors they wear. Ill-bred coaches and players suck, too.

JPNSKER
12/19/2006, 01:26 PM
I just drove through Kansas, Colorado, and Wyoming on my way to Utah. I passed a lot of Nebraska cars and I was sure to have my OU hat in the window so they could see. I was driving in Wyoming and this white car pulled up beside me and the little girl that was driving flipped me off. I asked my wife what that was all about and we had no idea, until we saw that Nebraska tag on the back of her car!!! They are still reeling over the loss...poor little huskers!!!!

So a little girl flips you off in Wyoming and that makes you think we're all "reeling"? Wow. In that case, there was a Sooner fan puking in the parking lot at Arrowhead... Does that make you all drunken idiots who can't hold their liquor? Get over yourself....

It was a great game except for our outmatched db's. Anyone that spins it that OU kicked NU all over the field, didn't watch the game.

Also, when I see any OU stickers, I usually give them a wave. I guess I must be old school or something....

royalfan5
12/19/2006, 01:26 PM
So you go out of your way to taunt a group of people, and are surprised you got flipped off?

soonerinabilene
12/19/2006, 01:33 PM
I wonder if Zach Thomas still thinks he made the right decision?

being a red raider and then a miami dolphin wouldnt make me happy, but what does that have to do with nebraska?:)

zac taylor on the other hand, would be playing in the orange bowl with wake forest in a couple of weeks, so he probably has some doubts.

OUDoc
12/19/2006, 01:41 PM
It was a great game except for our outmatched db's. Anyone that spins it that OU kicked NU all over the field, didn't watch the game.

I did watch the game. Anyone that spins it that NU played close with OU, didn't watch the game.

Pricetag
12/19/2006, 01:42 PM
So a little girl flips you off in Wyoming and that makes you think we're all "reeling"? Wow. In that case, there was a Sooner fan puking in the parking lot at Arrowhead... Does that make you all drunken idiots who can't hold their liquor? Get over yourself....

Also, when I see any OU stickers, I usually give them a wave. I guess I must be old school or something....
You're totally reeling. I can tell by the way you typed the post.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/19/2006, 01:47 PM
I can appreciate taunting nebbish a little bit, after the intentional (vengeance for Barry's winning record over Osborne) ugly maulings that a couple of Osborne coached teams put on the poor Boo Blake coached Sooners a couple of times in the '90's.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/19/2006, 02:07 PM
So you go out of your way to taunt a group of people, and are surprised you got flipped off?

How is having a ballcap in the window of a car taunting?

Now had he jumped out, stood in her window, and screamed, "BOOMER SOONER, BEYONCES!" as he humped the hood of her car, THAT'D be taunting. Or driving past innocuously then slammin' out a big fat O-U with his arms as he passed. THAT'D be taunting.

But a hat in a window? Stickers on a car?

And in all honesty, when things were a tad bit more classy in Lincoln, do you seriously think this would happen?

12/19/2006, 02:09 PM

Now had he jumped out, stood in her window, and screamed, "BOOMER SOONER, BEYONCES!" as he humped the hood of her car, THAT'D be taunting. Or driving past innocuously then slammin' out a big fat O-U with his arms as he passed. THAT'D be taunting.

And in all honesty, when things were a tad bit more classy in Lincoln, do you seriously think this would happen?Very well said!

royalfan5
12/19/2006, 02:14 PM

And in all honesty, when things were a tad bit more classy in Lincoln, do you seriously think this would happen?
Putting your ballcap there because you are traveling through a certain state is in imo taunting. I love how you guys romanticize NU fans into some sort of race of superfans that used to have no bad apples. That simply isn't true, and has little to no basis in fact. Sure there are lots of nice people here, but there are plenty of despicable ones too. Always have been, and always will be.

OUDoc
12/19/2006, 02:17 PM
Putting your ballcap there because you are traveling through a certain state is in imo taunting.
So, wearing an OU shirt out of state, but not saying or doing anything to draw attention to yourself, is still taunting?

TopDawg
12/19/2006, 02:17 PM
Putting your ballcap there because you are traveling through a certain state is in imo taunting.

It may be taunting, but it's hardly going out of your way to taunt.

royalfan5
12/19/2006, 02:24 PM
So, wearing an OU shirt out of state, but not saying or doing anything to draw attention to yourself, is still taunting?
Yes, do you not read your own football board, the media clearly hates you guys, and so does the NCAA, and you know why? Is because of attitudes like that. Look at me, I'm wearing an OU shirt in another state, or I have an OU sticker on my car with Colorado plates. That's the real reason for the anti-OU bias by the powers that be.

royalfan5
12/19/2006, 02:25 PM
It may be taunting, but it's hardly going out of your way to taunt.
That may be, but Jesus knows that in your heart that you're taunting, and that's all that matters.

freshchris05
12/19/2006, 02:25 PM
i only flip off texas fans...

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2006, 02:27 PM
I see TONS of Nebraska stickers on cars up here. Am I justified in flipping them off?

Then again, who knows if that little girl was flipping you off for having an OU hat in your window. Maybe she was flipping you off for driving 30mph on the freeway or something. Maybe she was flipping you off because she's a little girl and little kids do stuff like that to be funny.

Making sure to have your had in the window just because you were going through Nebraska is a little jackass, though.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/19/2006, 02:29 PM
Exactly. Case in point...

FSIO conference in Stillwater, hosted by OSU-Fire Service Training. Not even thinking, I snatch up one of my Sooner ballcaps and wear it to the conference. I'm a Sooner fan. I wear hats. Just so happens I was in Stoolwater when I did it at a conference hosted by the Aggies. But did I get railed? Did I jump up and dance in the presentations about kickin' the shiite out of Stoolaggie? Did I throw the hat at the FST head and say, "Where you at, bitch!?" Maybe even hump a chair or two in raucous celebration?

No.

Did I react to the material they gave me with OSU plastered all over it and throw it to the floor, whippin' out my hogleg and tappin' the keg on the orange and black? Did I tear it up then light it aflame and say, "Fight THAT fire, lOSUr!" Did I rub it on my crotch as I humped the logo?

In fact, did I hump ANYTHING?

No.

That's taunting. Wearing a hat, bringing a hat, wearing a shirt, donning your colors however you may, is NOT taunting. That's simply pride in your school and pride in what you represent. I got no guff from Aggie in that whole deal. Shockingly so. Had I done any or all of that, I'd expect not only the bird, but a prompt attempt at an asswhoopin'. Because that would've been me acting like a cack. Therefore...

Had someone shot me the bird for simply wearin' the hat, that would make them an assmonkey. Being that is our sole representation of Nebbish fan in this case, we can assume certain things. Namely that Nebbish fan is still sore about either A) having a donkeyleg for a coach, B) gettin' schooled, or C) all of the above.

My two cents.

OUDoc
12/19/2006, 02:30 PM
Yes, do you not read your own football board, the media clearly hates you guys, and so does the NCAA, and you know why? Is because of attitudes like that. Look at me, I'm wearing an OU shirt in another state, or I have an OU sticker on my car with Colorado plates. That's the real reason for the anti-OU bias by the powers that be.
Stop making us look bad!

;)

JPNSKER
12/19/2006, 02:38 PM
I did watch the game. Anyone that spins it that NU played close with OU, didn't watch the game.

Please, do tell....:pop:

picasso
12/19/2006, 02:38 PM
I wonder if Zach Taylor still thinks he made the right decision?
he's the one that's probably still sore. physically.

12/19/2006, 02:40 PM
Yes, do you not read your own football board, the media clearly hates you guys, and so does the NCAA, and you know why? Is because of attitudes like that. Look at me, I'm wearing an OU shirt in another state, or I have an OU sticker on my car with Colorado plates. That's the real reason for the anti-OU bias by the powers that be.I'm thinking the media hates us mostly because of the inexplicable fools we made of ourselves, AND THE NAT. CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, in TGOWWDNS(after the '04 season). NCAA hates us because of the law suit filed jointly with Georgia that allowed expansion of college football on tv, and wrested some control and authority from the NCAA.

OUDoc
12/19/2006, 02:42 PM
Please, do tell....:pop:
Tell what? You got beat by a better team.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/19/2006, 02:47 PM

And that's not a bad thing for Nebraska. Gives them a chance to assess, reassess, fix some problems, and get ready for next season. Which for most Nebraska fans I've ever met, is a good thing. Not a good thing for this season, but a good thing in regards to making their squad a better one for seasons to come.

Not fodder for shootin' fans the bird, trying to explain school pride as taunting, or any of that mess. You know, the whole sportsmanship thing?

JPNSKER
12/19/2006, 02:48 PM

Oh, c'mon... even I know we got beat by a better team. That wasn't the question. I want to know why you think NU didn't play close with OU as you stated... give me something to base it on.....:pop:

picasso
12/19/2006, 02:50 PM
Nebbish fans in their 30's or old enough to remember the good ole days = cool.
young ones = drunken punks. with no tan.

bluedogok
12/19/2006, 02:51 PM
What a moronic statement, I guess you do not wear your fusker gear outside of Nebraska then. I guess all of those other schools frames and stickers (including Nebbish) that I see here are only on the cars to taunt UT fans, just like when I saw burnt orange crap in Boston, I guess that was to taunt BC :rolleyes:

freshchris05
12/19/2006, 02:52 PM
Stop making us look bad!

;)

you cant make us look bad... we're terrible everyone hates us, the epitome of bad, the media hates us, we're dirt thieves... i guess thats why everyone hates us.. sportswriters, espn those people they hate us...

its all because we give our players millions, our players shoot each other annually, gang rapes?? we got 'em!, and our fans? whoa, talk about hillbillies...

oh yeah

ad. drug dealer
stoops.yep, tax evader... thats why hes headin to bama
rufus. steroids, he's juicin
malcom. you mean malcom lee dykes? paid for in cash!

damn sooners...

Tulsa_Fireman
12/19/2006, 02:53 PM
Okay, we really need to get back to talking about humping things in a taunting manner.

Focus, guys.

Focus...

12/19/2006, 02:54 PM
Oh, c'mon... even I know we got beat by a better team. That wasn't the question. I want to know why you think NU didn't play close with OU as you stated... give me something to base it on.....:pop:For starters, Sooners got their usual hose-job by the refs, or the score woulda been more lopsided.

Flagstaffsooner
12/19/2006, 02:55 PM
Oh, c'mon... even I know we got beat by a better team. That wasn't the question. I want to know why you think NU didn't play close with OU as you stated... give me something to base it on.....:pop:I'm going to name my next bowel movement after you.:rolleyes:

Desert Sapper
12/19/2006, 02:55 PM

Do you remember that time in Arrowhead stadium when the Huskers almost had a safety, but that little old OU running back got a half a yard beyond the goal line....THEN Paul Thompson drove OU 99 1/2 yards down the field for the score that put the game out of reach? That was...AWESOME.

And yes, the game WAS that close. Exceptional D by both sides kept it that way. One play (the pass to Gresham) turned the tide that put the game out of reach, otherwise it was wayyy too close to be throwing it up in anybody's face. I thought for sure the bugeaters got that safety (before I saw the second effort on replay), which would have made it 14-9 late in the third with them getting the ball back. That's close enough for me.

Blowing them out would have been turning those two 4th quarter INTs into TDs. We didn't do that. It was pretty close, even with all those turnovers we got.

We were fortunate, the team played to win, and we got to go to the Fiesta Bowl over the Cotton Bowl. Time to be thankful for the win and honorable in victory. We should act like we've been there before. Like the classy fans that WE are.

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2006, 02:56 PM
Okay, we really need to get back to talking about humping things in a taunting manner.

Focus, guys.

Focus...

The president of the "Alaskans for Nebraska" club works one floor above me.

I'm going to take my watercolor of Josh Heupel, place it face-out in front of my crotch, then make thrusting pelvic motions in his face in a bit.

Does that help?

Tulsa_Fireman
12/19/2006, 02:58 PM
Does that help?

Yes.

*humps his Sooner ballcap*

Hell yes.

Beano's Fourth Chin
12/19/2006, 03:00 PM
Luckily, since 99.9% of all Nebraska fans are of the bandwagon variety, they're hanging out on the women's volleyball boards.

If we could just do something about that other .1% we'd be in good shape. Unfortunately, they're pretty vocal and pretty stupid.

Can you imagine how idiotic they would have shown themselves to be if the internet had been more advanced back in their "dominant" period post-Switzer/pre-Stoops? Blake was very good for them.

tigepilot
12/19/2006, 03:00 PM

When did it become so unique that only OU fans did this?

Originally Posted by royalfan5

I live in Texas so I guess I'm not allowed to were any Sooner gear or I'm taunting people. Come on, that's pathetic reasoning. Don't confuse taunting with pride.

JPNSKER
12/19/2006, 03:05 PM
Do you remember that time in Arrowhead stadium when the Huskers almost had a safety, but that little old OU running back got a half a yard beyond the goal line....THEN Paul Thompson drove OU 99 1/2 yards down the field for the score that put the game out of reach? That was...AWESOME.

And yes, the game WAS that close. Exceptional D by both sides kept it that way. One play (the pass to Gresham) turned the tide that put the game out of reach, otherwise it was wayyy too close to be throwing it up in anybody's face. I thought for sure the bugeaters got that safety (before I saw the second effort on replay), which would have made it 14-9 late in the third with them getting the ball back. That's close enough for me.

Blowing them out would have been turning those two 4th quarter INTs into TDs. We didn't do that. It was pretty close, even with all those turnovers we got.

We were fortunate, the team played to win, and we got to go to the Fiesta Bowl over the Cotton Bowl. Time to be thankful for the win and honorable in victory. We should act like we've been there before. Like the classy fans that WE are.

Thank you. That was a very well thought out post. Exactly what I was looking for... and I agree, OU has A LOT of classy fans.:)

Beano's Fourth Chin
12/19/2006, 03:07 PM
Thank you. That was a very well thought out post. Exactly what I was looking for... and I agree, OU has A LOT of classy fans.:)

Oh joy, we've finally gotten that validation we've so been striving for.

freshchris05
12/19/2006, 03:08 PM
well your avatar is nebbish and your on soonerfans.com so unless my college education is failing me, you must be taunting...

hey.. hes taunting!!!

YOU DIRTY TAUNTING BASTARD... how dare you go out of you way to make me want to flip you off.....

thats absurd...

royalfan5
12/19/2006, 03:11 PM
well your avatar is nebbish and your on soonerfans.com so unless my college education is failing me, you must be taunting...

hey.. hes taunting!!!

YOU DIRTY TAUNTING BASTARD... how dare you go out of you way to make me want to flip you off.....

thats absurd...
Where did I ever say I was against taunting. Apparently reading comprehension wasn't part of your college education.

mrowl
12/19/2006, 03:11 PM

neg this guy back to bug-eater land!!!!

:pop:

JPNSKER
12/19/2006, 03:12 PM
Oh joy, we've finally gotten that validation we've so been striving for.

from me? Nah, I'm nobody.... Just used to live down on the OK/KS line and know that there are a lot of good fans....

Beano's Fourth Chin
12/19/2006, 03:13 PM
Where did I ever say I was against taunting. Apparently reading comprehension wasn't part of your college education.

With that argument, you've gone three and out on this thread. No wonder you're so passionate for the N word.

OUDoc
12/19/2006, 03:14 PM
A close game means either team could win late in the 4th. Did anyone think Nebraska was going to win it in the 4th?

Beano's Fourth Chin
12/19/2006, 03:16 PM
from me? Nah, I'm nobody.... Just used to live down on the OK/KS line and know that there are a lot of good fans....

Awww. I get it. Us dumb okies wouldn't know how to relate to nobody of no high status, so you ingratiate yourself down to our level. Of course we're more open to a 'nobody.' Heck far. We wouldn't even wanna make no eye contact with some o' yer high fallutin'ness.

No thanks. :rolleyes:

freshchris05
12/19/2006, 03:16 PM

then why was it such a big deal that he has his hat in a window?

tigepilot
12/19/2006, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalfan5

I'd take it farther: Why was it bad enough to warrant being flipped off... certainly you would agree that being flipped off is an offensive act of taunting.

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2006, 03:21 PM
This tears it.

I'm going to put all my OU hats in the window AND put my OU flag on the windshield. I'm then going to open my sunroof and drive with both hands out the sunroof giving a double bird.

I'm going to attempt to crash into a Nebraska fan.

picasso
12/19/2006, 03:22 PM
even after the Reggie Smith INT with 6 minutes left the game still wasn't over. we were on our goal and a fumble away from a 7 point game.

the funny part is the Nebraska fans had all left.

JPNSKER
12/19/2006, 03:24 PM
Awww. I get it. Us dumb okies wouldn't know how to relate to nobody of no high status, so you ingratiate yourself down to our level. Of course we're more open to a 'nobody.' Heck far. We wouldn't even wanna make no eye contact with some o' yer high fallutin'ness.

No thanks. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what you're fishing for, Beano.:confused:

Please look through any of my posts & let me know where I've degraded any of you Sooner fans.

Have a great day....

Beano's Fourth Chin
12/19/2006, 03:25 PM
even after the Reggie Smith INT with 6 minutes left the game still wasn't over. we were on our goal and a fumble away from a 7 point game.

What were they going to do? 3rd and long our defense to death?

freshchris05
12/19/2006, 03:25 PM

they had a deadline to meet, the bandwagon was heading back to the cornfield...

Beano's Fourth Chin
12/19/2006, 03:26 PM
Have a great day....

Oh. Ok. Thanks dude! You too.

tigepilot
12/19/2006, 03:27 PM

They left because they couldn't bare to whatch such close game.:rolleyes:

royalfan5
12/19/2006, 03:28 PM
why was such a big deal that he got flipped off?

picasso
12/19/2006, 03:29 PM
they had a deadline to meet, the Miller Lite wagon was heading back to the cornfield...

fixed.

OUDoc
12/19/2006, 03:29 PM
The tone of this thread warms my cockels. :D
Hookers do that, too.

Partial Qualifier
12/19/2006, 03:30 PM
This tears it.

I'm going to put all my OU hats in the window AND put my OU flag on the windshield. I'm then going to open my sunroof and drive with both hands out the sunroof giving a double bird.

Heh!!

freshchris05
12/19/2006, 03:31 PM
fixed.

haha... its nebraska, its more like milwaukee's best

freshchris05
12/19/2006, 03:32 PM
hey pq is that tom osbourne in you avatar?

tigepilot
12/19/2006, 03:32 PM

WOW

Nebraska fans have changed. You think this is acceptable behavior?

NormanPride
12/19/2006, 03:33 PM
I bet Nebraska thought they were in this game. Maybe they would have been if they hadn't choked so dang hard. I mean, first play from scrimmage we get a turnover and put the ball at the two. Then Mr. Traitor throws a brazillion INTs in true Nebbish QB fashion.

Why wouldn't we put hats in our windows? After the Sooners own a team, we celebrate. If you don't have enough class to just take it, then get out of the damn way. We're going to the Fiesta Bowl.

freshchris05
12/19/2006, 03:34 PM

haha... i dunno why does it get censored on tv??

picasso
12/19/2006, 03:34 PM
looks like Robert Mitchum and he's cuttin a block of cheese.

royalfan5
12/19/2006, 03:36 PM
WOW

As far as I can see only feelings got hurt, I suppose it is unacceptable if you are a namby-pamby socialist who hugs trees and worries about political correctness.

Partial Qualifier
12/19/2006, 03:37 PM

Nope. Eric Crouch.

freshchris05
12/19/2006, 03:38 PM
Nope. Eric Crouch.

heh.. is he on meth now??

JPNSKER
12/19/2006, 03:38 PM
I'm going to name my next bowel movement after you.:rolleyes:

You name your poop?

picasso
12/19/2006, 03:39 PM
You name your poop?
I like Eduardo.

JPNSKER
12/19/2006, 03:42 PM
Nebbish fans in their 30's or old enough to remember the good ole days = cool.
young ones = drunken punks. with no tan.

Heh. I'll go with that picasso. Probably can be said for both sides...

Too bad, really...

tigepilot
12/19/2006, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigepilot
WOW

As far as I can see only feelings got hurt, I suppose it is unacceptable if you are a namby-pamby socialist who hugs trees and worries about political correctness.

:rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
12/19/2006, 03:51 PM
Oh, c'mon... even I know we got beat by a better team. That wasn't the question. I want to know why you think NU didn't play close with OU as you stated... give me something to base it on.....:pop:

dude, we gave you a short field ALL DAMN NITE LONG

and you came away with 7 points

colleyvillesooner
12/19/2006, 03:58 PM
7!

jk the sooner fan
12/19/2006, 03:59 PM
we would have scored more

but it was like......cold and stuff

plus we were too busy taunting on the sidelines.....

Desert Sapper
12/19/2006, 03:59 PM
A close game means either team could win late in the 4th. Did anyone think Nebraska was going to win it in the 4th?

Maybe by your definition. As far as I'm concerned, a close game is any game that is beyond the half and I'm still saying, 'oh, s***! We're gonna f***ing lose this game!' Nebbish gets that safety, and it's a whole nutha ending...

We're all freezing our tails off in Dallas, while the bugeaters are living it up in Glendale. Be thankful for what went our way and happy we get to play in the BCS.

What we did to the bugeaters two years ago wasn't close (and we tried to get cute and run the score up and it didn't work). This game was close enough in my book. My hat's off to the Nebraska front seven.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/19/2006, 04:01 PM
plus we were too busy taunting on the sidelines.....

Yeah. I can't believe we'd have the gall to wear Oklahoma University stuff in Missouri.

That's just ASKING for trouble.

jk the sooner fan
12/19/2006, 04:05 PM

damn spek limits.......

achiro
12/19/2006, 04:30 PM
There is better smack talkin in this thread then there was in any BEFORE the game. That makes me sad in my pants...but this thread makes me happy in my pants...I don't know what to do.

jk the sooner fan
12/19/2006, 04:32 PM
anybody remember the red/white game 2 aprils ago?

you know, the one where it looked like cody freeby was the only guy on the team

becuase he saw so much action

reminded me of the husker punter that nite....i hope the boosters gave him a dayspa gift certificate because you know he was just worn out

mrowl
12/19/2006, 04:36 PM
reminded me of the husker punter that nite....i hope the boosters gave him a dayspa gift certificate because you know he was just worn out

do walmarts in Neb have dayspas now?

Stoop Dawg
12/19/2006, 04:40 PM
Go away, or I'll taunt you a second time!!!

7!!

jk the sooner fan
12/19/2006, 04:42 PM
is tiggerpilot a husker?

just trying to figure out the spek he gave me.......its grayish black...is that neg from a noob?

OhU1
12/19/2006, 04:43 PM
Yes.......Is because of attitudes like that. Look at me, I'm wearing an OU shirt in another state, or I have an OU sticker on my car with Colorado plates. That's the real reason for the anti-OU bias by the powers that be.

Wow man, get a jug of some corn mash and relax. If we were to get upset whenever we saw a :texan: running around in burnt orange we'd stay pretty :mad: here in hillbilly land.

soonerhillbilly
12/19/2006, 04:45 PM
Not sure what all was said in pages 2-4 on this thread, but I would say most sore losers are sore for awhile. I live in Northwest Arkansas and still have Hawg fans telling me, had the refs not sucked they would have beat OU in the Cotton Bowl a few years back. I had a SUC fan a few weeks ago in Wal-Marts parking lot pointing at me and laughing as we passed each other, my SOONER FLAGS a flying and his SUC fags a flying. I just laughed back. {not sure why he was laughing since i know we've never played them... according to some other posts I have read :) }

JPNSKER
12/19/2006, 04:48 PM

hmmmmmm...

NU 7 punts for a 34.1 avg
OU 9 punts for a 36.7 avg

veddy veddy interesting... carry on....

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2006, 04:53 PM
NU 5 turnovers

OU 0

Might have something to do with that, you know?

JPNSKER
12/19/2006, 04:54 PM

NU 3 of 15
OU 4 of 15

Keep'em coming guys....

JPNSKER
12/19/2006, 04:56 PM
NU 5 turnovers

OU 1

Might have something to do with that, you know?

Fixed

soonerhillbilly
12/19/2006, 05:00 PM
I think all there needs to be said is.....

OU 21
NU 07

BOOMER SOONER !

sooner518
12/19/2006, 05:02 PM
or I have an OU sticker on my car with Colorado plates. That's the real reason for the anti-OU bias by the powers that be.
hahaha I have an OU license plate holder on top of my COlorado plates. I went to OU, graduated and moved to Denver. BFD

JPNSKER
12/19/2006, 05:03 PM
I think all there needs to be said is.....

OU 21
NU 07

BOOMER SOONER !

OU played a great game & nobody is disputing that fact. I'm still waiting to hear how NU didn't play OU close....

jk the sooner fan
12/19/2006, 05:07 PM
i noticed you responded to every point, except

SHORT FIELD ALL DAMN NITE

7 POINTS

jk the sooner fan
12/19/2006, 05:12 PM
crickets chirping..

jk the sooner fan
12/19/2006, 05:16 PM
NU - coach apologizes to fans
OU - no apology necessary

mrowl
12/19/2006, 05:24 PM
"I'd like to apologize to all <insert team name here> fans"

OU seems to make coaches say that...

sooner2b09
12/19/2006, 05:25 PM
http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2005/11/05/Huskers_Image_George_t600.jpg
the epitimy of a nebraska fan.

And we were called hillbilly's? huh

jk the sooner fan
12/19/2006, 05:29 PM
yes, if you spell epitome "epitimy", you're gonna get called a hillbilly

sooner2b09
12/19/2006, 05:35 PM
oh woops, sorry, didnt catch that : ), my mistake

GimmeRed
12/19/2006, 05:50 PM

7 POINTS

OU played very good D all night.

Jdog
12/19/2006, 05:50 PM

Back in the day (18 years ago) when this game was a rivalry and meant something, Nebraska fans had more class.

GimmeRed
12/19/2006, 05:51 PM
NU - coach apologizes to Hillbillies
OU - no apology necessary

Fixed!

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2006, 06:04 PM
Fixed

Damn, how could I forget the interception that let to Nebraska's only drive that didn't end with a turnover or a punt?

I think we should all take a page from royalfan5 and think about what Jesus would want from this thread.

JPNSKER
12/19/2006, 06:10 PM

7 POINTS

Thank you for making my point for me.;)

NU's D played very well in that game. Well enough to hold your very good rushers to a 28-42 night.

The ONLY reason we lost that game was turnovers & our outmanned db's. NU won pretty much every other battle on the field. That is the only point I am trying to make.

OU's db's played out of their a**! I wish Reggie would have come here, but that's water under the bridge at this point.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/19/2006, 06:10 PM
I think we should all take a page from royalfan5 and think about what Jesus would want from this thread.

Jesus wants the power-I back in Lincoln.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/19/2006, 06:11 PM
The ONLY reason we lost that game was turnovers & our outmanned db's. NU won pretty much every other battle on the field. That is the only point I am trying to make.

*channels Jack Sparrow*

Ahhh, but you DID lose...

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2006, 06:16 PM
*channels Jack Sparrow*

Ahhh, but you DID lose...

They didn't lose. It was just that they turned the ball over a lot and their defensive backs were overmatched. I don't see how you could consider that losing, really.

As an aside, I think that Johnny Depp probably would have done a better job on Malcolm Kelly than Cortney Grixby. I wasn't aware they let smurfs play football.

DoubleDown
12/19/2006, 06:17 PM
Thank you for making my point for me.;)

NU's D played very well in that game. Well enough to hold your very good rushers to a 28-42 night.

OU's db's played out of their a**! I wish Reggie would have come here, but that's water under the bridge at this point.

Dude, if you're boasting that you would have had a chance to win if your offense could have sustained a drive than that is just plain sad. That's like saying you could have avoided knocking up your sister if your cousin had put out.

Truth is they could still be playing right now and nebbish would still only have 7 points. And that tells me this game was not even close.

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2006, 06:18 PM
We totally would have won in 1996 if we just hadn't kept turning the ball over.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/19/2006, 06:27 PM
We'd have half as many national championships as Alabama if we'd just keep from turning the ball over.

Fact is, I used to respect the hell out of Joe Nebraskafan. I had the honor of sitting with 3 Nebraska guys at the 2004 BTC and had an absolute ball. We talked Big 8 football, recruiting, even threatened each other with a beer after the game. And the whole time, the respect was reciprocal. Congratulations for winning the South, and love for not only the days of old, but a resurgence of Big Red football so that those glory days could live again. It was good.

Here recently, I'm just enjoying the excuses. Maybe those three guys are out there somewhere, shaking their heads and wondering why some of their fanbase are crushing their reputation under a slackjawed bootheel. So here's to you, three guys in Kansas City. Hope there's more of you out there somewhere.

JPNSKER
12/19/2006, 06:51 PM

This is the quote that I'm making my point off of. We lost the ball game to a good OU squad. I'm not denying that & I'm not making any excuses. OU's defense did what they had to to stop NU's offense. Where am I making excuses for that?

Am I blaming the refs like someone else in this thread? No. You guys go ahead and turn this into something it isn't. Of course turnovers killed us. Just like they killed OU in the 78 game. Guess what, if OU doesn't fumble 9 times, they probably win by 24 or more. OU's defense CREATED those turnovers in the Big12 CC. Oh sorry, now I'm making an excuse for OU... jeesh.

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2006, 06:52 PM
We'd have half as many national championships as Alabama if we'd just keep from turning the ball over.

Fact is, I used to respect the hell out of Joe Nebraskafan. I had the honor of sitting with 3 Nebraska guys at the 2004 BTC and had an absolute ball. We talked Big 8 football, recruiting, even threatened each other with a beer after the game. And the whole time, the respect was reciprocal. Congratulations for winning the South, and love for not only the days of old, but a resurgence of Big Red football so that those glory days could live again. It was good.

Here recently, I'm just enjoying the excuses. Maybe those three guys are out there somewhere, shaking their heads and wondering why some of their fanbase are crushing their reputation under a slackjawed bootheel. So here's to you, three guys in Kansas City. Hope there's more of you out there somewhere.

I hereby award Alabama a national title for being mentioned in this post.

SleestakSooner
12/19/2006, 07:01 PM

You had me at namby-pamby... wanna make out? :eek:

AlbqSooner
12/19/2006, 07:05 PM
7? LOL

StoopTroup
12/19/2006, 07:42 PM
http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2005/11/05/Huskers_Image_George_t600.jpg
the epitimy of a nebraska fan.

And we were called hillbilly's? huh
Ummmm....

Is that Veritas? :D

OUDoc
12/19/2006, 07:46 PM
This is the quote that I'm making my point off of. We lost the ball game to a good OU squad. I'm not denying that & I'm not making any excuses. OU's defense did what they had to to stop NU's offense.
And NU was out of it by the 4th quarter. 60,000 of your fellow fans seemed to agree.

blackbeauty02
12/19/2006, 07:57 PM
not any worse than driving in texas with OU on your car. I take my stuff off when I drive through b/c of incidents to friends and family. Before you say I should leave it on and be loud and proud...I have over $10k invested in my truck and am not about to ruin a brand new paint job b/c some jackass texas fan wants to key my truck. what i don't get is there are longhorn fans here and nothing happens to their stuff. representative of the fans? i think so.

snp
12/19/2006, 08:10 PM
not any worse than driving in texas with OU on your car. I take my stuff off when I drive through b/c of incidents to friends and family. Before you say I should leave it on and be loud and proud...I have over $10k invested in my truck and am not about to ruin a brand new paint job b/c some jackass texas fan wants to key my truck. what i don't get is there are longhorn fans here and nothing happens to their stuff. representative of the fans? i think so.

Oh shuttup. I've been to Austin multiple times, parked my truck all over 6th street, dorms, and frat houses and nothing has happened. That's total BS that Texas fans vandalize cars.

I spend at least 2 months a year down in Houston and have never had anything happen to my truck. Quit making **** up.

blackbeauty02
12/19/2006, 08:15 PM
um yea my girlfriends parents had their maroon explorer with OU stuff all over it and it was keyed. So yea I'm making **** up. And the five years we won in a row I had at least one friend every year have their flags torn off, magnet clingers taken, license plates broken...again I am making it all up. Go kick Chuck Norris in the nuts Ninja. I'm not saying all of them do it but it does happen and I'm sure there are some drunk-*** dumb-*** OU fans that have been guilty as well. Every day I go to school at OU there is a truck parked with texas stuff all over it (faculty/staff member) in front of the parking garage and not once has it been messed with. I for one am not going to chance it so I take my stuff off.

bluedogok
12/19/2006, 09:00 PM
I have lived in Austin for almost 4 years and have an OU license plate frame and sticker on my back window, my wife's Escape has a Tech frame and OU sticker. They are also parked outside with the rear facing the street and nothing has ever happened to my (crimson) truck. I lived in Dallas for 2 years (91-93) and nothing ever happened to my (red) car.

I have heard of a few incidents over the years, but I think it is very few. A few of the people that I know of that it happened to were probably mouthing off to someone because that is just their personality. Asshats will be asshats no matter what school they are fans of, and OU has some of them too.

WakeflyingSooner
12/19/2006, 09:34 PM
I'm used to this crap! We live in H-town and I always represent! If the locals don't like it they can kiss my Sooner ***! It's hard to give crap when the the UT and ATM vehicles are no match for the H1!! Let them look and Wish!

tommie15
12/19/2006, 10:26 PM
STOOOPPPPP FIIGHHTTTINNNNG!!!!!!!!111!!!!!

Socrefbek
12/19/2006, 11:10 PM
Oh shuttup. I've been to Austin multiple times, parked my truck all over 6th street, dorms, and frat houses and nothing has happened. That's total BS that Texas fans vandalize cars.

I spend at least 2 months a year down in Houston and have never had anything happen to my truck. Quit making **** up.

I live in Houston as well. never had a thing happen to my truck.

Socrefbek
12/19/2006, 11:12 PM
um yea my girlfriends parents had their maroon explorer with OU stuff all over it and it was keyed. So yea I'm making **** up. And the five years we won in a row I had at least one friend every year have their flags torn off, magnet clingers taken, license plates broken...again I am making it all up. Go kick Chuck Norris in the nuts Ninja. I'm not saying all of them do it but it does happen and I'm sure there are some drunk-*** dumb-*** OU fans that have been guilty as well. Every day I go to school at OU there is a truck parked with texas stuff all over it (faculty/staff member) in front of the parking garage and not once has it been messed with. I for one am not going to chance it so I take my stuff off.

You were prolly taunting and stuff. :P

jk the sooner fan
12/19/2006, 11:26 PM
i love it, i mention OU giving NU a short field all nite, and them coming away with only 7 points.....and the response is "our defense held your offense to 48 rushing yards"

ummmmmmmm yeah, helloooooooooooo, i was talking about our defense kicking your offense's *** all nite long......you didnt have to drive more than half the length of the field all nite

and you came away with 7

MyT Oklahoma
12/19/2006, 11:35 PM
Three tickets to the 2006 Big 12 Championship game.... $300.

Properly preparing for the tailgating........................... $200.

The cost of a road trip to KC.................................... $100.

Seeing 60,000 Nebraska fans frozen and speechless...... PRICELESS!

P.S. We were there at 1:00 p.m. and didn't have any trouble with any of the Nebraska fans. I for one was glad to see an OU/NU title game.

Frozen Sooner
12/20/2006, 12:06 AM
I'm used to this crap! We live in H-town and I always represent! If the locals don't like it they can kiss my Sooner ***! It's hard to give crap when the the UT and ATM vehicles are no match for the H1!! Let them look and Wish!

Hell, I've probably flipped you off.

Texas Golfer
12/20/2006, 02:53 AM
Nebraska fans had the reputation of being among the best (most courteous) fans in the nation. Then came Bill Clownahan and that reputation is now lost.

soonerhubs
12/20/2006, 03:27 AM
I can't help but laugh to think that all my brother did was drive by with a sooner hat in his window.

Not to be siding with bugeaters, but honestly I don't see him nonchalantly passing this poor Nebbish fan.

Secondly, I didn't read anywhere that he went through Nebraska. I'm pretty sure his route included the I-70 to Denver I 25 to Cheyenne Route. So he really didn't harass the fan on her own turf. (Then again, I'm not Sure that the land between Salina KS to Strasburg CO is claimed by anyone except some farmers and a couple 6 legged cows.)

Thirdly, lets all ask Hublah how to Use the Weather Channel next time he decides to take I-80 in December. ;) (Just kidding, and I'm glad you guys made it to Utah Safely)

Sam Spade
12/20/2006, 04:42 AM
This whole board is taunting posters who log in from other states.

;)

bearcat_sooner
12/20/2006, 08:24 AM
I hereby award Alabama a national title for being mentioned in this post.

You can do that Mike AS LONG as you ALSO mention the fact that Paul "Bear" Bryant created Alabama (the state), national championships, AND college football.

OUFan22
12/20/2006, 09:44 AM
That may be, but Jesus knows that in your heart that you're taunting, and that's all that matters.
Get a grip! Being proud of your team and/or state by wearing clothes or hats is in no way taunting. Are you insinuating that we should wear NU garb if we are in Nebraska. Take a reality pill and check back when you have come back down to earth. I live in Texas and I wear OU gear nearly every day, especially when I go to the gym and work out. I am in no way taunting, just proud of where I am from and not ashamed to let people know it. Heck, we lost to Texas this year.

jk the sooner fan
12/20/2006, 09:51 AM
Get a grip! Being proud of your team and/or state by wearing clothes or hats is in no way taunting. Are you insinuating that we should wear NU garb if we are in Nebraska. Take a reality pill and check back when you have come back down to earth. I live in Texas and I wear OU gear nearly every day, especially when I go to the gym and work out. I am in no way taunting, just proud of where I am from and not ashamed to let people know it. Heck, we lost to Texas this year.

dude, get the fishhook out of your mouth......

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/20/2006, 09:54 AM

I think the Husker fans might have been sore from how the OU defense bent the Huskers over.

Good point, It was apparent to most Husker fans at the game that it wasn't as close as the score indicated because they voted by leaving the stadium in droves when there was still 7 minutes to go in the game.

Also I'd like to voice my support of Tulsa Fireman's idea of 'taunt humping'. I will say that my dad had the distinction of taking a whiz on the 50 yard line of the Horseshoe, or as our family calls it "doing the Von Schauman". That is how you roll....

OUFan22
12/20/2006, 10:12 AM
dude, get the fishhook out of your mouth......
I guess your statement applies to you too since you are posting on this thread.

jk the sooner fan
12/20/2006, 10:14 AM
umm, no......i havent responded to any troll comments.......

soonerhillbilly
12/20/2006, 11:13 AM
All this trash talking due to a finger ! :) Just laugh it off ! 21-7 , no matter how you slice it. Just like most of the population around here, you can paint a turd (trailer) but its still a turd (trailer) . Neb still lost, close game or not, 7 ! Boomer Sooner !

Stoop Dawg
12/20/2006, 12:57 PM
7, man, 7!

7!!!!

leavingthezoo
12/20/2006, 01:23 PM
i taunt the state of Arizona at least once a week by these standards. i wish someone would hurry up and flip me off so i know they get it. GEEZ!

Fugue
12/20/2006, 01:39 PM
i taunt the state of Arizona at least once a week by these standards. i wish someone would hurry up and flip me off so i know they get it. GEEZ!

Done! :texan:

BudsBoy
12/20/2006, 01:45 PM
Sc*** Neb., theri fans, their coaches, the people that live in the state and the mascot. Why do we care if they don't like us for winning a football game.

Hublah
12/20/2006, 01:46 PM

Who asked for your opinion? Anyways...it wasnt a good game...because we felt like we were scrimmaging Oklahoma City Community College...I think they could have played us harder!!! and their team is coed!

Hublah
12/20/2006, 01:50 PM

Obviously you went to Nebraska since you are illiterate and can't read my post that in no way said I taunted anyone...good job moron!!!

Hublah
12/20/2006, 01:54 PM
Putting your ballcap there because you are traveling through a certain state is in imo taunting. I love how you guys romanticize NU fans into some sort of race of superfans that used to have no bad apples. That simply isn't true, and has little to no basis in fact. Sure there are lots of nice people here, but there are plenty of despicable ones too. Always have been, and always will be.

Again MORON, I did not drive through NEBRASKA!!! Read the post...or have a toddler read it to you!!! :)

Fugue
12/20/2006, 01:55 PM
HLS

Hint: The H stands for Hook.

OklahomaSooners
12/20/2006, 01:58 PM

(Score Board) is the only thing that matters!! was it even close? remind me what it was.:rolleyes:

Hublah
12/20/2006, 01:59 PM
This tears it.

WOO HOO!!!

Hublah
12/20/2006, 02:06 PM

Wasnt he the player of the game for Nebraska??? Or did they have one? :)

Hublah
12/20/2006, 02:09 PM
NU 3 of 15
OU 4 of 15

Keep'em coming guys....

I will enjoy watching Nebraska in the BCS game.....:)

Hublah
12/20/2006, 02:16 PM

Your truck is only worth $10K? You should send it in to MTV to have it pimped! :)

Hublah
12/20/2006, 02:20 PM
I can't help but laugh to think that all my brother did was drive by with a sooner hat in his window.

Not to be siding with bugeaters, but honestly I don't see him nonchalantly passing this poor Nebbish fan.

Secondly, I didn't read anywhere that he went through Nebraska. I'm pretty sure his route included the I-70 to Denver I 25 to Cheyenne Route. So he really didn't harass the fan on her own turf. (Then again, I'm not Sure that the land between Salina KS to Strasburg CO is claimed by anyone except some farmers and a couple 6 legged cows.)

Thirdly, lets all ask Hublah how to Use the Weather Channel next time he decides to take I-80 in December. ;) (Just kidding, and I'm glad you guys made it to Utah Safely)

who is this kid????? :)

Landthief 1972
12/20/2006, 02:53 PM

Maybe because even though the Huskers started with possession on an average of the 50 yard line, they still haven't gotten into the endzone? :pop:

jk the sooner fan
12/20/2006, 02:57 PM
Wasnt he the player of the game for Nebraska??? Or did they have one? :)

he was the MUP

most used player

MiccoMacey
12/20/2006, 02:59 PM
I was scared to death we would lose the game all the way up until kickoff.

I never felt we were in trouble of losing that game after the kickoff.

It just never seemed you guys had much of a chance. Name when you thought you guys were going to take the lead.

Jdog
12/20/2006, 03:02 PM
There are 3 ways that "Logical people” can qualify cause statements with regard to competition: 1.by giving complements, 2.giving excuses or 3.giving criticism– (Please understand in this formula “reasons” can not be proven with generalizations).

Here’s an example of an Excuse with Criticism:

The ONLY reason we lost that game was turnovers & our outmanned db's. NU won pretty much every other battle on the field...

- First off, you use the word ONLY with out mentioning anything about the pressure that the OU D-line put on Taylor most of the night!; it also doesn't account for the amazing play of the OU DB's.
- The only conclusion that a logical person can draw is that you used generalizations to give an excuse, with critcism, for why your team lost.
- As for your statement that the Corn Huskers had won every other battle on the field; please let me remind you that winning in football means scoring points, not having good field position.

Example of a Complement (with caveat that turns it into an excuse):

OU's defense CREATED those turnovers in the Big12 CC. Oh sorry, now I'm making an excuse for OU... jeesh.

In this post you did try to rescind the previous excuse by crediting OU's D for CREATING the turnovers - but then you added a caveat. The nature of that caveat changed a complement into an excuse of why your excuses' weren't excuses'. This is a very childish strategy in an argument. If I were to guess your age I would say 14 maybe 15. I suppose you could be 16 if you recently got your drivers license.

Hopefully this helps with your understanding of why your post sound like a bunch of excuses - It's because they are.

n8v_ndn
12/20/2006, 03:03 PM
I took my OU cap off when I scrolled by a Nebraska fan's post in this thread, to make sure I didn't taunt.

That little girl may have flipped you off, but I bet if you had crashed they would have politely applauded your driving efforts up that point. ;)

Stoop Dawg
12/20/2006, 04:05 PM
There are 3 ways that "Logical people” can qualify cause statements with regard to competition: 1.by giving complements, 2.giving excuses or 3.giving criticism– (Please understand in this formula “reasons” can not be proven with generalizations).

- First off, you use the word ONLY with out mentioning anything about the pressure that the OU D-line put on Taylor most of the night!; it also doesn't account for the amazing play of the OU DB's.
- The only conclusion that a logical person can draw is that you used generalizations to give an excuse, with critcism, for why your team lost.
- As for your statement that the Corn Huskers had won every other battle on the field; please let me remind you that winning in football means scoring points, not having good field position.

In this post you did try to rescind the previous excuse by crediting OU's D for CREATING the turnovers - but then you added a caveat. The nature of that caveat changed a complement into an excuse of why your excuses' weren't excuses'. This is a very childish strategy in an argument. If I were to guess your age I would say 14 maybe 15. I suppose you could be 16 if you recently got your drivers license.

Hopefully this helps with your understanding of why your post sound like a bunch of excuses - It's because they are.

Dude, too deep for a football message board. Try this instead:

Nebraska sucks! Hoo-yah!!

7!!

sshusker
12/20/2006, 04:08 PM
Come on! Nine pages because of a young Husker fan flipping you off? Was it classy? Absolutely not! Would I have done it? Absolutely not! I will be the first to admit that we have some crappy fans. Who doesn't? Please stop lumping all of us in the crappy fan category. Sometimes I hate the internet because fans of any and every school make bad names for theirselves. I can tell you that I never post something on any board that I would be ashamed to say to someones face or that would embarass me. It would do us all some good if we all felt that way.

I am not sore about the game. I was very disappointed. I thought we would have played better but it was obvious that OU had better players on the field and better coaches. We still have work to do.

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
12/20/2006, 04:24 PM
Aren't yall still sore about the "game we do not speak of"...I'm just sayin!

Hublah
12/20/2006, 04:30 PM
Just a side note ---this little girl had to be at lest 25 or 26 years old. I think in Nebraska that would put her at a sophomore.... :)

Stoop Dawg
12/20/2006, 05:51 PM
SEVEN!!

MyT Oklahoma
12/21/2006, 12:08 AM
Aren't yall still sore about the "game we do not speak of"...I'm just sayin!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................... It never happened. Even though I watched the whole thing. I still can't believe I watched the whole thing.

JPNSKER
12/21/2006, 12:10 AM

Kudos to you on your eloquent diatribe.:rolleyes: hmmmmmm... instead of making some bratty little comment of how you must be young, since you don't know how to look up profiles on this site, I'll just pass with all the condescending crap.

Good luck against BSU.........

soonerhubs
12/21/2006, 01:10 AM
Thanks JPNSKER. FWIW I was hoping you boys would've pulled it off against Mack Brown and Co.

I'm beginning to think this Female Husker fan wasn't bitter, Just very Bored. Wyoming is a boring state. I probably would flip off folks on that highway just for the sake of breaking the monotony. I'm not sure what's worse: Driving through Kansas During the Day or Wyoming at Night.

douxpaysan
12/21/2006, 01:31 AM
Thanks JPNSKER. FWIW I was hoping you boys would've pulled it off against Mack Brown and Co.

I'm beginning to think this Female Husker fan wasn't bitter, Just very Bored. Wyoming is a boring state. I probably would flip off folks on that highway just for the sake of breaking the monotony. I'm not sure what's worse: Driving through Kansas During the Day or Wyoming at Night.
Kansas during the day gets my vote. Only One thing can be said for Kansas...it separates the classy huskers from the freaking hillbillies.http://unbearablebobness.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/hillbilly.jpg

Jdog
12/21/2006, 01:47 AM
Kudos to you on your eloquent diatribe.:rolleyes: hmmmmmm... instead of making some bratty little comment of how you must be young, since you don't know how to look up profiles on this site, I'll just pass with all the condescending crap.

Good luck against BSU.........

I've seen your profile -

Since you passed (ya right), I’ll be condescending for a moment - You may want to confirm the history of these games with your dad.

I went to my first OU-NU game in the mid 60s (10-9 game think it was 66 - Liggins dominated). I was in Norman for the 71 game - stood on the bench behind Tagge and Glover during the post game interview. That was the real game of the century - the finally AP standings that year were 1-NU 2-OU 3-CU (guess it could happen with the BIG 11 this year).
I was also in Lincoln for the 87 game(after that game we went to a bar and NU fans were buying us drinks and telling us that they wished Switzer was their coach).
Honestly, I hate to see this rivalry end because I grew up with it - it use to have class. The example your coach has set has some of your fans acting like CU fans.

With all that said - I'll be at the Cotton bowl cheering for your team on the first.

Desert Sapper
12/21/2006, 11:19 AM
All the Husker fans I know are still the same classy Husker fans they were before Callenburger. One coach doesn't change a fan base. The thing I hate is that Callahan is going to resurrect Huskerdom, and I'll be forced to hated the bugeater team for longer than I anticipated.

Besides, a bunch of f'in' hillbillies throwing fruit on the field is a tradition. If Callahan studied history like Stoops, he would have known to duck.

Tear Down This Wall
12/21/2006, 11:29 AM
This thread makes me sick! WTF is wrong with you people? The Nebraska fans are our friends. If the old Big 8 p*ssies had listened to Tom Osborne back in 1994 instead of Donnie Duncan & Co., we wouldn't have Baylor and Texas Tech in our conference. We wouldn't be the Big 12. We'd be the Big 8 plus A&M and UT. And, we'd still be playing Nebraska every year.

Some of you, my fellow Sooner fans, have some real problems. You're either (a) too young to remember the respect OU and Nebraska have for each other and the excellent games that friendly rivalry produced, (b) have your heads wedged permanently up your as*ses, or (c) both (a) and (b).

Quit bagging on Nebraska! We were sold up the river in 1994 and their guy tried to prevent it. Show some respect, d*ckholes! If you like trading Nebraska for Baylor and Tech every year, then go ahead and bash the Huskers. If not, sack up and shut up!

Ungrateful, sniveling peeholes.

Ash
12/21/2006, 11:48 AM
This thread makes me sick! WTF is wrong with you people? The Nebraska fans are our friends. If the old Big 8 p*ssies had listened to Tom Osborne back in 1994 instead of Donnie Duncan & Co., we wouldn't have Baylor and Texas Tech in our conference. We wouldn't be the Big 12. We'd be the Big 8 plus A&M and UT. And, we'd still be playing Nebraska every year.

Some of you, my fellow Sooner fans, have some real problems. You're either (a) too young to remember the respect OU and Nebraska have for each other and the excellent games that friendly rivalry produced, (b) have your heads wedged permanently up your as*ses, or (c) both (a) and (b).

Quit bagging on Nebraska! We were sold up the river in 1994 and their guy tried to prevent it. Show some respect, d*ckholes! If you like trading Nebraska for Baylor and Tech every year, then go ahead and bash the Huskers. If not, sack up and shut up!

Ever wonder if any of this might also apply to recent Husker fans?

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
12/21/2006, 11:52 AM
Ever wonder if any of this might also apply to recent Husker fans?
I agree with ya! That's why I didn't care about what he had to say. It's ok to bash old rivals. It's FREAKIN FOOTBALL!!!

Stoop Dawg
12/21/2006, 02:08 PM

Respect this:
SEVEN!!

TopDawg
12/21/2006, 03:02 PM
I was scared to death we would lose the game all the way up until kickoff.

I never felt we were in trouble of losing that game after the kickoff.

It just never seemed you guys had much of a chance. Name when you thought you guys were going to take the lead.

I was a little bit nervous when they had us backed up to the 1 yard line, facing 3rd and long with only a 7 point lead. They came out of the locker room on fire and hit us in the mouth. We hit back on that drive, but before that 3rd down play I thought there was a better than decent chance they would win.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/21/2006, 03:33 PM
I was a little bit nervous when they had us backed up to the 1 yard line, facing 3rd and long with only a 7 point lead. They came out of the locker room on fire and hit us in the mouth. We hit back on that drive, but before that 3rd down play I thought there was a better than decent chance they would win.

I thought at that point that Neb was probably going to tie the game. I still thought we would win, but I was a little nervous as well.

Still anyone that actually paid attention to that game saw that OU dominated more than the final score indicated and I really don't get the rationalizing goign on by some Huskers. If Neb won everywhere but on the scoreboard then I guess we really dominated LSU back in the Sugar Bowl when we lost by a TD in front of a 90% LSU crowd.

Hublah
12/21/2006, 04:32 PM

I think someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Take a second and pull your panties out of a wad before you start bashing us you dillhole! If this thread makes you sick then don't read it dipwad. And to quote you "peehole" no one asked for your input. Go to the South Oval if you don't like what is said in a "football" thread.

BOOMER!!!! :)

SoonerJLB
12/21/2006, 05:26 PM

I have never understood this whole...Nebraska fans are the coolest and classiest fans out there crap. The fact is Nebbish do have knowlegeable fans but the classiness (as with most fans bases) fades when they are not on top of the heap.

The VIIIth
12/21/2006, 07:35 PM
i only flip off texas fans...

Betcha don't flip off Brantley the next time you're in Austin.

:texan:

MiccoMacey
12/21/2006, 08:27 PM

Nervous, yes. But I never thought "They're going to win and we can't stop them".

I truly felt at peace most of the game.

And I'm normally a nervous Nellie at things like this.

josh09
12/21/2006, 09:15 PM
Same here, our team was just too confident and played too well to lose that night.

jk the sooner fan
12/21/2006, 10:17 PM
drove thru kansas and nebraska today, didnt get flipped off once

josh09
12/21/2006, 10:27 PM
Ah, but were you wearing any OU apparel?

jk the sooner fan
12/21/2006, 10:28 PM
i've got an OU sticker in the middle of the back window

12/21/2006, 11:45 PM
i've got an OU sticker in the middle of the back windowThen you were mistakenly in the Dakotas, not nebbish.

MyT Oklahoma
12/22/2006, 01:16 AM
drove thru kansas and nebraska today, didnt get flipped off once

Well.. heck.. you just weren't "taunting" hard enough.

Hublah
12/23/2006, 07:24 PM
I pass a husker stickered car almost every day on the way to work here in PA. He gives a classy wave to me & my Sooner flag and I give him the finger.

But your is with good reason!!

RRWSooner
12/23/2006, 07:38 PM
I knew from the fumble recovery and touchdown in the first 1:00 this one was in the bag. :)