PDA

View Full Version : The non-little person thread: Where do you get your clothes?

frankensooner
12/19/2006, 11:27 AM
I hate buying my own clothes. I tend to either wait for my birthday or Christmas, but if I do buy clothes, I like Dillards and J.C. Penneys.

sooner_born_1960
12/19/2006, 11:31 AM
I have no idea. They just show up in the closet.

SicEmBaylor
12/19/2006, 11:32 AM
I only do custom lines from Armani and Ralph Lauren. :D

OU4LIFE
12/19/2006, 11:33 AM
I have a very hard time buying clothes off the rack anywhere.

I usually have to resort to online stores because the majority of the stores don't even make it past XL half the time. Much less 3XLT. :mad:

and I can never find pants. all the waists seem to stop at 36" and if they DO happen to go any further, the pants immediatly get shorter...WTF is that about. I mean who wears 38x29? grrrr

Mongo
12/19/2006, 11:35 AM

I usually have to resort to online stores because the majority of the stores don't even make it past XL half the time. Much less 3XLT. :mad:

and I can never find pants. all the waists seem to stop at 36" and if they DO happen to go any further, the pants immediatly get shorter...WTF is that about. I mean who wears 38x29? grrrr

http://lanebryant.charmingshoppes.com/pagebuilder/

YWIA:D

MamaMia
12/19/2006, 11:37 AM
I hate buying my own clothes. I tend to either wait for my birthday or Christmas, but if I do buy clothes, I like Dillards and J.C. Penneys.This is a good question for Lid. I have a question myself. I have been buying t-shirts and underwear for my husband at J.C.Penneys for years, but they recently changed the cut on both, and the fabric is thinner. He asked that I try to find a different brand. He wears t-shirts every day under his scrubs. Do any of you have a particular brand that you like real well and can recommend? I have to be able to get them in Oklahoma City.

OU4LIFE
12/19/2006, 11:38 AM
I only get my shoes there.

GottaHavePride
12/19/2006, 11:40 AM
http://www.ravistailor.com/

I used those guys for the last two tuxedo shirts I bought. As long as you're careful to take good measurements of yourself and enter them all in, the stuff they make fits like a glove. Well worth it, and the quality was about twice what you'll get off the rack at a store.

I'm serously considering getting a suit or two from them.

frankensooner
12/19/2006, 11:40 AM
I only buy Hanes t-shirts at Target. They now have the label printed in the shirt instead of tags. veddy nice.

My dad used to only wear JC Penney wife beaters, I guess he still does. I hate those things.

IB4OU2
12/19/2006, 11:42 AM

:O

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2006, 11:46 AM
Nordstrom's for pants casual/business casual stuff.
www.ctshirts.com for dress shirts.
I've got a couple of tailors in town I use for suits.

SicEmBaylor
12/19/2006, 11:47 AM
I have a hard time finding clothes. I'm somewhere between a large kids size and small adult size. Pants seem to be the hardest thing to find and honestly Old Navy seems to be the only place with a large selection of pants that fit me. I wear a 29x30.

frankensooner
12/19/2006, 11:48 AM
I wore 29x30....in the 11th grade! ;)

VeeJay
12/19/2006, 11:48 AM
JC Penney's for socks, underwear and all that stuff.

I can't remember the last time I bought underwear. Obviously the ones I bought are holding up good. If the material starts separating from the band, or big holes develop, they get thrown away. Or if there's unremoveable *ahem* racing stripes and what not.

I believe most of the stores have a Big and Tall section for the big guys. Penney's does.

I went in Macy's the other day looking for some simple Hagar slacks. They were ten dollars higher than Penney's for the same pair. Also, was looking for polo-type shirts (golf shirts), and the cheapest thing I saw was around $70 - Hilfiger, LaCoste, and a bunch of French sounding names. Bullsh*t on that.

Mongo
12/19/2006, 11:50 AM
JC Penney's for socks, underwear and all that stuff.

I can't remember the last time I bought underwear. Obviously the ones I bought are holding up good. If the material starts separating from the band, or big holes develop, they get thrown away. Or if there's unremoveable *ahem* racing stripes and what not.
I believe most of the stores have a Big and Tall section for the big guys. Penney's does.

I went in Macy's the other day looking for some simple Hagar slacks. They were ten dollars higher than Penney's for the same pair. Also, was looking for polo-type shirts (golf shirts), and the cheapest thing I saw was around $70 - Hilfiger, LaCoste, and a bunch of French sounding names. Bullsh*t on that.

Thats why you buy colored undies, it camos old mishaps

frankensooner
12/19/2006, 11:52 AM
And I thought I was going to get teased for shopping at Penneys. I love their wrinkle free dress shirts. They RMFO. I used to be one of those take my clothes to the cleaners doods, with extra starch, but having kids changed all of that. I like just slapping on the wrinkle free duds and not thinking twice about it. Those Penney's brand jeans hold up well too, and I got some last year for like 12 bucks a pair.

TopDaugIn2000
12/19/2006, 11:52 AM
I have good luck at Kohl's for dress pants, jeans, shirts, etc. For shoes, I usually have to order them online or get them from Linda's Birkenstock. 11AAAA is tough to find.

jk the sooner fan
12/19/2006, 11:54 AM
i loathe dillards

work clothes from the mens wearhouse

i'll pick up a golf shirt from just about anywhere if i like it

OU4LIFE
12/19/2006, 11:54 AM

and it consists of 5 shirts in size 2x. Nothing in tall. and all the pants are still short.

at least at the one's i've been to.

Stienmart in Edmond used to have a sweet big and tall section....not so much anymore.

TopDaugIn2000
12/19/2006, 11:57 AM
my step-dad has trouble with the big/tall stuff. he wears an XLT shirt, a 36 x36 pant (which isn't too bad), and a 15 shoe. the shoes are always the problem.

My brother's best friend wears a 32x40. talk about TOUGH. Wrangler jeans are the only pants he can wear....

Flagstaffsooner
12/19/2006, 12:33 PM
I dig around in trash cans in downtown alleys. Lots of good oSu and whorn gear there.

BoogercountySooner
12/19/2006, 12:40 PM
Kohls for me!

Boomer.....
12/19/2006, 12:44 PM
I usually shop at Dillards.

GottaHavePride
12/19/2006, 12:55 PM
I wore 29x30....in the 11th grade! ;)

Heh. In the 11th grade I was wearing 33x36.

TexasLidig8r
12/19/2006, 02:15 PM
For the undershirts... Macy's. As long as they're 100% and yes, the tag should now be in the shirt instead of an extra tag... no wife beaters.

Silk boxers... Nordstroms, Neimans.

Dress shirts.. Nordstroms or custom.

Suits.... custom or Nordstroms or Pockets.

Shoes... Nordstroms.

For a guy.. if you find a well connected tailor, he can come to your office, order 3 - 4 suits at a time, get some shirts and possibly shoes.. and they last for years. In the long run, it is not much more expensive than the department stores.

I've had some luck at Salvation Army as well finding bow ties. ;)

MamaMia
12/19/2006, 02:26 PM
Thanks Lid. They have a Macy's in Oklahoma City now. I still need to stock up on some bread, fruits and veggies from Akins anyway. If the rain doesn't freeze, I'll make a trip down to the city for a day of shopping; except I don't think my hubby would like silk boxers. :)

IB4OU2
12/19/2006, 02:27 PM
Anything on the clearance rack at Atwoods...

Mjcpr
12/19/2006, 02:28 PM
The name-changing is out of control!!!!111

NormanPride
12/19/2006, 02:32 PM
I was thinking of changing mine to my real name - Mike Rich.

OU4LIFE
12/19/2006, 02:33 PM
I went to school with a Mike Rich, the chubby bastard.

SicEmBaylor
12/19/2006, 02:48 PM
Thanks Lid. They have a Macy's in Oklahoma City now. I still need to stock up on some bread, fruits and veggies from Akins anyway. If the rain doesn't freeze, I'll make a trip down to the city for a day of shopping; except I don't think my hubby would like silk boxers. :)

Oh, I freaking love silk boxers. The comfort level is simply divine.

Also, seriously people, I have a hard time finding clothes. Is there a place to find less than average size men's clothing?

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2006, 02:52 PM
I went to school with a Mike Rich, the chubby bastard.

:mad:

I WAS SKINNY IN HIGH SCHOOL!

OUHOMER
12/19/2006, 09:28 PM
I am suprised no one admitted to shopping WalMart:D

soonerboomer93
12/19/2006, 09:33 PM
Um, I tried walking into a clothing store here.

They looked at me and frantically waived their hands at me saying "we no have your size"

If they'd been patient they would have found out I was looking for a gift for a friend, not for me :D

Soonrboy
12/19/2006, 09:41 PM
Use Penney's for the shirts...have been to casual male for clothes..they are very proud of their clothes.

sooneron
12/19/2006, 10:17 PM
Saks, Saks Off fifth, Nordstrom's, my tailor, Macy's, Lucky Jeans Store.

Mongo
12/19/2006, 10:24 PM
Any large male should already know that to get a certain brand of clothing, you go straight to the website and order.

Shoes=online
Jeans=online
Shirts-online

You should know what brands fit you, unless you gain ten pounds from Thanksgiving cause it is your first time being married over that holiday....sorry, where was I? Know your size and order it online.

I wear a size 16 shoe(yes ladies, it is true) I dont waste time in the mall looking at foot locker when all they have is a pair of Jordan high top in my size.

Go online

sooneron
12/19/2006, 10:29 PM
44 jacket in Armani, like it was made for me! :D

SicEmBaylor
12/19/2006, 10:31 PM
My shoe size is 7 1/2. Come and get it!
rwar

sooneron
12/19/2006, 10:40 PM
Ok, I had your waist size when I was 15 and your shoe size when I was 13.

Mongo
12/19/2006, 10:41 PM
If your waist size is less than the seam #, eat a sandwich Ally McBeal

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2006, 10:42 PM
I'm not sure why some people are having trouble with the "non-little people" part of this thread.

If your waist is below a 36, then you're a little person.

sooneron
12/19/2006, 10:49 PM
OUT

barely