PDA

View Full Version : Next Year

freshchris05
12/19/2006, 11:16 AM
So while there is still no college football and it's driving me crazy... i want to know besides texas which game will be the most exciting... miami isnt much of a dominant team but they still got talent and it'll be exciting to play them for the first time in forever....

rumor has it that switzer will be on the sidelines...

j/k

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
12/19/2006, 11:25 AM
Miami has a really good chance......to lose!

freshchris05
12/19/2006, 11:41 AM
or to get into a fight...

and lose...

mobilesteve
12/19/2006, 01:31 PM
Sat, Sep 01 *North Texas
*Sat, Sep 08 *Miami
*Sat, Sep 15 *Utah State
*Sat, Sep 22 *Tulsa A
*Sat, Sep 29 *Colorado A
*Sat, Oct 06 *Texas Dallas
*Sat, Oct 13 *Missouri
*Sat, Oct 20 *Iowa State A
*Sat, Oct 27 *Oklahoma State
*Sat, Nov 03 *Texas A&M
*Sat, Nov 10 *Baylor
*Sat, Nov 17 *Texas Tech A

If you look at the schedule, outside of Texas there are no really bad games. Our road games are Tulsa, Col, ISU, & Tech. Tech loses a lot of talent next year, ISU & Col aren't good. So Tulsa might be the toughest game road wise.

I would say OSU, A&M or Miami would be the most exciting home games. It all comes down to Texas.

soonerinabilene
12/19/2006, 01:36 PM
ever since 77-0, the a&m games have been really good! wouldnt be surprised if that one was close again.

JohnnyMack
12/19/2006, 01:40 PM
If we don't slip up before Saxet (at Tulsa will be difficult and at CU is ALWAYS a tough place to play) we're in great shape to run the table.

CU will be better, ISU will be worse and Mizery in Norman doesn't scare me.

The south matchups are great as we get improved Aggie Lite and The Cult in Norman. Tech and Baylor will be down next year so if we keep focused they won't be too big a bother.

I like our chances to win 10+ games next year.

soonerspudman
12/19/2006, 01:59 PM
A good show in Fiesta land, a QB stepping up in the spring, and this schedule, look for the sooners to rate very high next pre-season, critical for an inside track on NC positioning...

soonersam
12/19/2006, 02:02 PM
ever since 77-0, the a&m games have been really good! wouldnt be surprised if that one was close again.
they dont play well in norman

JohnnyMack
12/19/2006, 02:18 PM
they dont play well in norman

http://www.soonerstats.com/fb/games/recap.cfm?GameID=1096

mobilesteve
12/20/2006, 11:08 AM
A&M could be tough, but in Norman I'm not as worried. Colorado doesn't bother me no matter where we play them. Half the crowd at Tulsa will be OU, so that's like a neutral field. Although, every year some team plays someone who gives them a tough game that you don't expect. However, It looks like Texas will be the main game.

Crucifax Autumn
12/21/2006, 12:47 AM
We'll be undefeated next year...write it down.

Collier11
12/21/2006, 01:59 AM
and at CU is ALWAYS a tough place to play

???
Montana State L 10-19
Arizona State L 3-21
Baylor L 31-34
Kansas State L 21-34...Ya, boulder is scarrryyyy!!! :rolleyes:

spatton713
12/21/2006, 02:40 AM
after we clown miami all we need to worry about is texas...beat them and we should be undefeated. watch out for graham harrel hopefully he doesnt get to much better but they still dont scare me

MiccoMacey
12/21/2006, 05:40 AM
CU was in Hawkins' first year. He'll turn that program around, eventually.

I hate that we play Utah State. Even UNT. I know we can't play tOSU and Michigan every week in our OOC, but...Utah State?

Texas Golfer
12/21/2006, 08:27 AM
Sat, Sep 01 *North Texas
*Sat, Sep 08 *Miami
*Sat, Sep 15 *Utah State
*Sat, Sep 22 *Tulsa A
*Sat, Sep 29 *Colorado A
*Sat, Oct 06 *Texas Dallas
*Sat, Oct 13 *Missouri
*Sat, Oct 20 *Iowa State A
*Sat, Oct 27 *Oklahoma State
*Sat, Nov 03 *Texas A&M
*Sat, Nov 10 *Baylor
*Sat, Nov 17 *Texas Tech A

If you look at the schedule, outside of Texas there are no really bad games. Our road games are Tulsa, Col, ISU, & Tech. Tech loses a lot of talent next year, ISU & Col aren't good. So Tulsa might be the toughest game road wise.

I would say OSU, A&M or Miami would be the most exciting home games. It all comes down to Texas.

With 2/3 of the games "at home", we should be poised for a successful season.

Luthor
12/21/2006, 09:13 AM
You guys will start of next season in about the same situation as we did this year. A talented but green RS QB supported by a goodly number of quality experinced players on the O. Everyone is confident but in fact no one knows how the the O will respond.

Everyone over here was amazed at how quickly McCoy stepped up to the challenge. OTOH, everyone was also amazed when the senior class pretty much crapped out when it counted at the end of the season.

I don't mind that we lost to aggy. The law of averages wouldn't allow us to win every frick'n year for all eternity. OTOH, the loss to KSU was nothing less than a melt down and I'll never offer excuses for that kind of crappy effort.

sooneron
12/21/2006, 09:59 AM
http://www.soonerstats.com/fb/games/recap.cfm?GameID=1096
We led the better part of that game til the Chuck Long hermit crab offense showed and they pulled the usual qb switcheroo.

sooneron
12/21/2006, 10:00 AM
You guys will start of next season in about the same situation as we did this year. A talented but green RS QB supported by a goodly number of quality experinced players on the O. Everyone is confident but in fact no one knows how the the O will respond.

Everyone over here was amazed at how quickly McCoy stepped up to the challenge. OTOH, everyone was also amazed when the senior class pretty much crapped out when it counted at the end of the season.

I don't mind that we lost to aggy. The law of averages wouldn't allow us to win every frick'n year for all eternity. OTOH, the loss to KSU was nothing less than a melt down and I'll never offer excuses for that kind of crappy effort.
Our dbs overall will be much better than what you had this year.

shavedmarmoset
12/21/2006, 01:09 PM
Our defense will be so sick next year. We've got guys to replace those who are leaving and it will truly be a reloading not a rebuilding year. Our defense will carry our offense through the first half of the season then the offense will get pretty sick too.

JohnnyMack
12/21/2006, 01:20 PM
We led the better part of that game til the Chuck Long hermit crab offense showed and they pulled the usual qb switcheroo.

They put in McGhee when DD planted McNeil like a row of corn.

JohnnyMack
12/21/2006, 01:21 PM
Our defense will be so sick next year. We've got guys to replace those who are leaving and it will truly be a reloading not a rebuilding year. Our defense will carry our offense through the first half of the season then the offense will get pretty sick too.

Since we have very few rush ends and very little depth at LB I hope you're right.

JohnnyMack
12/21/2006, 01:24 PM
???
Montana State L 10-19
Arizona State L 3-21
Baylor L 31-34
Kansas State L 21-34...Ya, boulder is scarrryyyy!!! :rolleyes:

We traditionally don't play well in Boulder. Remember 2003 when we were lucky to get out of there with a win (that was closer than the score would indicate)?

sooneron
12/21/2006, 01:33 PM
I don't think Col will be nearly as bad as they were this year.

sooner2b09
12/21/2006, 01:46 PM
wow we have alot of home games next year, our schedule is not very strong so that could prove to be a deciding factor if we lose against texas (which we wont). i am already pumped for the miami game, just to see us kill them and watch their tempers flair and start a fight. fun stuff

goingoneight
12/21/2006, 11:33 PM
We'll be undefeated next year...write it down.

Halzle will be the starter after UAB
Stoops will leave for the NFL
We will run the 'bone with PT at QB
Texas sucks
"we'll be undefeated next year..."

Got it written down on my book it list, now what???

mightysooner
12/22/2006, 12:57 AM
Next season we will be stronger at the linebacker positions on defense in spite of losing Rufus, stronger at the D-tackle position, dominant at the secondary position, but weaker, but not by much, at the D-end position. Offensively....we will be a force to be reckoned with even if we have an average QB.