PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed...

blueyedsooner
12/18/2006, 11:09 PM
For 6 teachers taking 126 1st graders to see Charlotte's Web tomorrow. We have 4 autistic kids going, so it could get very interesting with all the loud noises, etc....

Just say a prayer for us!;)....b/c I think we've lost our ever-loving minds!!!

Oh and before we go, my kiddos will be performing for our entire school and all the proud parents. This is a big feat for these little ones. We have over 800 kiddos that will be in the gym not counting teachers, staff, and parents. They are too cute though...they will be singing "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas!"

Also just go ahead and add ALL teachers on that prayer list! Christmas parties are two days away!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!

TIA!

Frozen Sooner
12/18/2006, 11:16 PM
Man, what's with all the Christmas breaks being so late this year? They used to be the week before and after Christmas.

Mongo
12/18/2006, 11:19 PM
For 6 teachers taking 126 1st graders to see Charlotte's Web tomorrow. We have 4 autistic kids going, so it could get very interesting with all the loud noises, etc....

Just say a prayer for us!;)....b/c I think we've lost our ever-loving minds!!!

Oh and before we go, my kiddos will be performing for our entire school and all the proud parents. This is a big feat for these little ones. We have over 800 kiddos that will be in the gym not counting teachers, staff, and parents. They are too cute though...they will be singing "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas!"

Also just go ahead and add ALL teachers on that prayer list! Christmas parties are two days away!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!

TIA!

I taught for one year, yeah, imagine that. Thats all it took. Good luck, and i will be praying for you cause you will need it.

My room was 2 doors down and across the hall from the special education room. There was an autistic boy that was about 6'3" and 260 lbs. I hear screams coming towards my classroom like waiting for the wave at a stadium. I look out into the hallway and the poor boy had his pants and undies down to his ankles running down the hall.

It took the campus officer, me and another teacher to grapple with this massive dude to get him restained.

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BE WITH YOU.

blueyedsooner
12/18/2006, 11:19 PM
Yes it is the suck!!!! On the other hand....we don't have to be back to work until Jan 4th, instead of the 2nd like last year!

blueyedsooner
12/18/2006, 11:22 PM
I taught for one year, yeah, imagine that. Thats all it took. Good luck, and i will be praying for you cause you will need it.

My room was 2 doors down and across the hall from the special education room. There was an autistic boy that was about 6'3" and 260 lbs. I hear screams coming towards my classroom like waiting for the wave at a stadium. I look out into the hallway and the poor boy had his pants and undies down to his ankles running down the hall.

It took the campus officer, me and another teacher to grapple with this massive dude to get him restained.

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BE WITH YOU.

Luckily all of ours are little bitty 1st graders and none that take their clothes off....no I take that back..... Hmmmm...but for the most part they have the most hilairious sense of humors! In fact when I take mine little autistic boy to the resource room and spend a few minutes in there, I think....I wonder who it is that really has the problems...us, or them!!! ;)

Mongo
12/18/2006, 11:29 PM
Luckily all of ours are little bitty 1st graders and none that take their clothes off....no I take that back..... Hmmmm...but for the most part they have the most hilairious sense of humors! In fact when I take mine little autistic boy to the resource room and spend a few minutes in there, I think....I wonder who it is that really has the problems...us, or them!!! ;)

Exactly!! We could ask "Roy" what day June 23, 1919 fell on and he would tell you Tuesday in a half a second, and it would be right. Brilliant minds, just hard to connect with, wouldnt trade the interaction for the world.

OUDoc
12/19/2006, 08:49 AM
What time are you coming to pick my kids up? ;)

sooner_born_1960
12/19/2006, 09:21 AM
I hope you have a good time today. Then go home and have a stiff drink or two.

blueyedsooner
12/19/2006, 01:05 PM
Well....the kiddos sang and were just as stinkin' cute as I thought they'd be!
It was a definite hit!!!

Went to Charlottle's web....
We survived!! :) What an adorable movie. It went along EXACTLY with the book...what a nice change! Everyone of the kiddos were excellent. I guess the ritalin that we had pumped into the movie theater worked! ;)

If you have kids...take them to see this movie! It was great!

Pricetag
12/19/2006, 01:47 PM
What did the kids think of Charlotte? From what I've seen, she looks like a real spider, with the eyes, fangs, and whatnot. It just seems like kids would like the version with human eyes and a smile a bit better.

blueyedsooner
12/19/2006, 06:29 PM
I think b/c we studied spider a bit, they really enjoyed seeing her look real instead of some cheesy cartoon character. They all loved the movie. One of my tough little boys even started crying....he was rather ****ed, saying, "Why did they have to make it THAT sad?" hahhah