PDA

View Full Version : I just ate.....

Mongo
12/18/2006, 09:33 PM
a whole shrimp cocktail platter throughout the day. I love shrimps.

discuss.

Penguin
12/18/2006, 09:35 PM
Eating shrimp and whatnot is quite remarkable, irregardless.

soonerboomer93
12/18/2006, 09:36 PM
I had shrimp last night, it's the part that wasn't moving when they first brought the food out.

Mongo
12/18/2006, 09:37 PM
Eating shrimp and whatnot is quite remarkable, irregardless.

neg:mad:

Mongo
12/18/2006, 09:47 PM
I had shrimp last night, it's the part that wasn't moving when they first brought the food out.

I am all about eating the freshest foods, but why octopus

proud gonzo
12/18/2006, 09:52 PM
i don't like shrimp.

Mongo
12/18/2006, 09:53 PM
i don't like shrimp.

allergic?

proud gonzo
12/18/2006, 10:01 PM
um.... [checks list] no, surprisingly. I just don't like it. But I am allergic to shellfish.

GottaHavePride
12/18/2006, 10:04 PM
I thought shrimp usually fell into the "shellfish" category...

http://www.c-pol.com/Fun/MontySpam2.jpg

I DON'T LIKE SHRIMP!

Penguin
12/18/2006, 10:06 PM
I've never really liked shrimp. I love crawfish, though.

Mongo
12/18/2006, 10:08 PM
I've never really liked shrimp. I love crawfish, though.

room

soonerboomer93
12/18/2006, 11:15 PM
I am all about eating the freshest foods, but why octopus

Um, 'cause I let her choose and that's what she wanted. Octopus is actually pretty good, just a bit chewy. I was expecting that some of it would be raw, I just wasn't expecting it to still be moving around.

Frozen Sooner
12/18/2006, 11:18 PM
Raw octopus IS good. I draw the line on food that's still moving, though.

Just so everyone know, mac and cheese mixed with reindeer hot links is better than it sounds, while cucumbers with oil and vinegar is tastier than it reasonably should be.

proud gonzo
12/18/2006, 11:21 PM
I thought shrimp usually fell into the "shellfish" category...

http://www.c-pol.com/Fun/MontySpam2.jpg

I DON'T LIKE SHRIMP!probably so, actually... but it's not highlighted on my list. :confused:

Mongo
12/18/2006, 11:25 PM
Um, 'cause I let her choose and that's what she wanted. Octopus is actually pretty good, just a bit chewy. I was expecting that some of it would be raw, I just wasn't expecting it to still be moving around.

dont get upset, i was just curious how the 'puss came about. Is it comparible to kalimari(sp?)? I wont shy away from interesting food. I just ate a shrimp platter that i bought from Seminole, OK, now that is dangerous

soonerboomer93
12/18/2006, 11:27 PM
Raw octopus IS good. I draw the line on food that's still moving, though.

Just so everyone know, mac and cheese mixed with reindeer hot links is better than it sounds, while cucumbers with oil and vinegar is tastier than it reasonably should be.

Heck, it's a bit easier since the suckers just grab the chopsticks for you. I only had a couple of the pieces that were still moving and then waited for it to get the spices mixed and cook.

Cucumber kimchi was actually pretty good too.

I've had chicken and tuna in mac & cheese and both of those are decent

soonerboomer93
12/18/2006, 11:28 PM
dont get upset, i was just curious how the 'puss came about. Is it comparible to kalimari(sp?)? I wont shy away from interesting food. I just ate a shrimp platter that i bought from Seminole, OK, now that is dangerous

Isn't calimari normally fried though? I'm not sure.

The fun ones to eat are the baby octopus, you eat them whole.

proud gonzo
12/18/2006, 11:30 PM
where's the hurling smiley?

Mongo
12/18/2006, 11:30 PM
How was it cooked? Wipe the ink of its *** and slap it on the grill?

soonerboomer93
12/18/2006, 11:35 PM
The baby ones? No clue.

The stuff last night is served in kinda a cookie sheet but with taller sides, it has some spicey sauce and is over some sprouts and other vegetables. once everything stops moving they start mixing it. It also had some rice cakes, shrimp (popcorn) big shrimp (oh, they eat them whole, shells and all) and clams that was mixed it. After it's cooked pretty good then they add the noodles to it.

soonerboomer93
12/18/2006, 11:36 PM
where's the hurling smiley?

They're bite sized, if you don't look at it too closely, you wouldn't even realize.

Mongo
12/18/2006, 11:38 PM
So it was a stir fry? You could stir anything and it would taste good, especially where you are at, you are lucky.

soonerboomer93
12/18/2006, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I guess you could consider it a Korean style stir fry, never really thought of that.

afs
12/19/2006, 04:41 AM
The baby ones? No clue.

The stuff last night is served in kinda a cookie sheet but with taller sides, it has some spicey sauce and is over some sprouts and other vegetables. once everything stops moving they start mixing it. It also had some rice cakes, shrimp (popcorn) big shrimp (oh, they eat them whole, shells and all) and clams that was mixed it. After it's cooked pretty good then they add the noodles to it.

what's it called? i might try it so long as I don't see the moving parts. btw cabbage kimchi is the devil along with the cold kimchi soup that is served.

soonerboomer93
12/19/2006, 09:52 AM
cabbage kimchi is ok, i prefer the radish kimchi.

Since it's winter though, they're all making kimchi right now, but by the time I get back it won't be as fresh.

I'll try to find out what it was called, but you will see the moving parts since they cook it at the table.

soonerboomer93
12/19/2006, 09:53 AM
what's it called? i might try it so long as I don't see the moving parts. btw cabbage kimchi is the devil along with the cold kimchi soup that is served.

oh, and btw, the goverment's official explanation for why there were no SARS cases in South Korea -

Kimchi

critical_phil
12/19/2006, 09:58 AM
soonerboomer93's posts are all reasons why i lost 15 lbs. during my 2 weeks in korea.

the entire country smells of cabbage and squid.