PDA

View Full Version : The UNT wet (day)dream continues...

Tear Down This Wall
12/18/2006, 11:01 AM
First, they hire a high school coach to coach their (barely) Division I-A team. Then, their fans predict an upset of OU next year due to high school coach's miracle spread offense that works at the highest level of Texas high school football. Now, they are predicting a Boise State win over us in the Fiesta Bowl. The weed on Fry Street must be laced with something particularly strong these days:

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31392

Some things are so absurd, you can't make them up.

OKLA21FAN
12/18/2006, 11:05 AM
Fry Street is no more

just sayin

birddog
12/18/2006, 11:12 AM
Gawd i'd be po'd if i was a unt fan.

Landthief 1972
12/18/2006, 11:53 AM
Folks, this is what happens when you let TCU stumble in and beat you. Every half-assed Texass team from the Red River to the white trash in Galveston suddenly thinks they are going to knock off the Sooners on their home field. :texan:

sooner518
12/18/2006, 12:32 PM
that's some top-notch analysis over there. He sure sold me.

How did the spread offenses of Mizzou, Tech, and Nebbish fare against OU's D this year? And all 3 of those teams have better athletes than anyone UNT has.

just sayin... :pop:

Taxman71
12/18/2006, 02:03 PM
The mean green have a website? and a forum? Denton is the place you discard the packaging from your KT purchases.

OK2LA
12/18/2006, 02:25 PM
The mean green have a website? and a forum? Denton is the place you discard the packaging from your KT purchases.

Isn't it TK's? :D

Just sayin . . . :pop:

(I got stuck there once - my car broke down after a Stones concert - right at that friggin exit)

Flagstaffsooner
12/18/2006, 02:30 PM
We made a big-time hire with Coach Todd Dodge. That said, I want to make this statement. When the Mean Green take the field in Norman next fall, OU will be coming off an embarrasing loss to Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl. The Sooners think they are going to run all over Boise. Stranger yet, is there will be two Petersons on both sidelines (Adrian for OU and Crhis as Head Footall Coach for Boise State).

Now, back to the great New Football Coach at North Texas, Todd Dodge. The donors also will be coming out the woodwork now to make our new football stadium a reality!!!!
GREAT THINGS ARE HAPPENING AT NORTH TEXAS!
Lots of other things are coming out of the woodwork for that guy, Like **** roaches and spooks.

TexasLidig8r
12/18/2006, 02:57 PM
Isn't it TK's? :D

Just sayin . . . :pop:

(I got stuck there once - my car broke down after a Stones concert - right at that friggin exit)

How many DVDs did you buy? :D

Taxman71
12/18/2006, 03:06 PM
How many DVDs did you buy? :D

Probably just a bunch of booth tokens.

OklahomaTuba
12/18/2006, 03:10 PM
North texass high school has fans?

josh09
12/18/2006, 06:33 PM
Dodge is a good coach, in the past five years at Southlake Carroll, he only lost one game, which was in the state championship against Katy, 16-15. Down here in Houston, we hear alot about them. They are probably one of the best dynasties in Texas football history.

In the next week, they will be playing Austin Westlake in the Division 1 state championship. They have made it to 5 straight state titles now, and if they win, they will have won 4 of them.

Now i know coaching in D1 college is way different, but this guy is a great coach. Thats all im trying to say.

stoopified
12/18/2006, 06:33 PM
First, they hire a high school coach to coach their (barely) Division I-A team. Then, their fans predict an upset of OU next year due to high school coach's miracle spread offense that works at the highest level of Texas high school football. Now, they are predicting a Boise State win over us in the Fiesta Bowl. The weed on Fry Street must be laced with something particularly strong these days:

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31392

Some things are so absurd, you can't make them up.Well after all aren't they NORTH TEXAS STATE?That explains things right there.oSu thinks they can play with the big biys now because they overlaid Rustoleum Stadium with brick and added 20,000 empty seats.Agroids will be agroids green or orange or maroon..

josh09
12/18/2006, 06:39 PM
By the way, they moved to Division 1 just this year, and beat the defending D1 state champions (Euless Trinity), who were also in the midst of a 20+ game win streak, by a score of 22-21.

Besides that game, they have outscored all their other opponents in the playoffs 148-17.

Heck, i should just start a thread about SLC. But anyway, this coach is obviously pretty good, because prior to 2001 when he was hired, they couldnt even finish in the top 3 in their district.

TXBOOMER
12/18/2006, 08:36 PM
Just think of the acronym if they would have renamed North Texas State....Central University of North Texas.

JiuJitsuSooner
12/18/2006, 08:45 PM
Just think, next year UNT's opponents will have to study game film from Southlake Caroll High School..

tommieharris91
12/18/2006, 09:41 PM
Just think, next year UNT's opponents will have to study game film from Southlake Caroll High School..

I'm pretty sure Bob already has some.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/18/2006, 09:45 PM
Just think of the acronym if they would have renamed North Texas State....Central University of North Texas.
Well, didn't they change their school's name to Texas State and their nickname to the Armadillos? They even had a movie made about them, and it was shot at their home field.

Texas Golfer
12/18/2006, 10:29 PM
I've been in porta-potties that were better than the restrooms at UNT's stadium.

OKLA21FAN
12/18/2006, 10:33 PM

DUDE!!!!

the 'campus' radio station since it is located west of the Miss. has to start with the letter 'K'. followed by 'University of North Texas'

you do the math

oh to be 'North Texas State University' again

the_ouskull
12/18/2006, 10:44 PM
Fry Street is no more...

Since when?

Also, on the "W vs. K - UNT radio..." You are correct in that it is SUPPOSED to be K, but, for obvious reasons, it is not.

the_ouskull

TrophyCollector
12/19/2006, 12:03 AM
haha, booster money - he will have a lot less $$$ to work with at Denton high than he did at Southlake.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/19/2006, 12:45 AM
Just think, next year UNT's opponents will have to study game film from Southlake Caroll High School..Har!

jk the sooner fan
12/19/2006, 09:02 AM
hey unt fans.........missouri ran your new coaches offense this season........we did ok against them.....i suspect we'll be ok when the "mean" green takes the field in Norman next year

focus on the sunbelt conference....baby steps

OKLA21FAN
12/19/2006, 09:26 AM
Since when?

Also, on the "W vs. K - UNT radio..." You are correct in that it is SUPPOSED to be K, but, for obvious reasons, it is not.

the_ouskull
not a pretty sight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUWYCRPmukk&eurl=

birddog
12/19/2006, 10:11 AM
I've been in porta-potties that were better than UNT's stadium.

me too.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/19/2006, 10:30 AM
is it too late to forfeit the game....I mean I don't wanna lose our best players to the ferocious hits we are going to recieve!!!! I mean even before Big 12 play starts!!

Tear Down This Wall
12/19/2006, 10:40 AM
not a pretty sight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUWYCRPmukk&eurl=

Eh, screw 'em. The north side of NTSU's campus was always full of hippies anyway. Now, they'll have to congregate with the rest of the campus folk.

Before they do so, however, I have a suggestion. Go to the new CVS or whatever will replace Mr. Chopsticks, buy a bar of soap, take it home to the shower, mix it with water, apply (liberally :D )to skin, rinse, repeat, rinse, dry off, dress, make a bacon sandwich and go out and face the world taking new Big Boy steps.

Hippies. Denton northsiders.

garland sooner
12/19/2006, 09:19 PM
Since when?

the_ouskull

I actually listen to that station every once in a while because they have some amazing jazz being played on there most of the time. It does have a K. It's just called KNTU.