PDA

View Full Version : OU Club of Arizona-OFFICIAL FIESTA BOWL INFO!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/17/2006, 11:34 PM
Below is the message sent today by club pres. lindee Long:

Sent : Sunday, December 17, 2006 8:33 PM
To : "Lindee Long" <[email protected]>
Subject : Fiesta bowl updates

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachment : soonersadcopy.jpg (1.38 MB)

Alumni and Friends of the University of Oklahoma,

I have lots of things to share with everyone about the upcoming Fiesta Bowl so please read through this email carefully.

First of all ... if anyone is still in need of tickets please let me know. I have had tons of people contact me about tickets for sale. If you are still looking I can put you in contact with people wanting to sell.

Secondly ... the Sooner Bash. It will be held on Monday Jan 1, at the Westin Kierland, starts at 1:00pm til 3:00PM, and costs $65.00 per person. The $65.00 includes food, there will be a cash bar. The University is working on getting the Pride and Cheer and Pom squads to attend. Tickets can ordered for the Bash by calling Dodd's at (888) 533-0074. (Edit on Dec. 22, the toll free number's operator told me the band WILL NOT be at the Sooner Bash, and mentioned no other entertainment or speakers, etc. Looks like I'll be heading for the tailgate scenario...WF)

Thirdly ... if you don't plan on going to the game ... Four Peaks Brewery in Scottsdale will be hosting us again for our watch party.

Fourthly ... if you want a little more college atmosphere ... a bar down in Tempe called The Library Bar and Grille has offered to be the official sports bar gathering spot. They also want to have a big pregame party for us on December 30th. They will have banners and posters and things like that to make it noticeably the place for Sooners to gather. I have asked the University to send out the attached flier so that others coming here to be part of the game will know where to go.

Finally ... I have been contacted by newspapers and t.v. stations for stories about oldest Sooners, biggest fans or anything that would make a good story for them. If any of you have any ideas it would be greatly appreciated! I really need some help here!

Please share this email with anyone you know that is planning on coming here for the game.

Lindee L. Long
President
OU Club of Arizona

Harry Beanbag
12/17/2006, 11:56 PM
Secondly ... the Sooner Bash. It will be held at the Westin Kierland, starts at 1:00pm and costs $65.00 per person. The $65.00 includes food, there will be a cash bar. The University is working on getting the Pride and Cheer and Pom squads to attend. Tickets can ordered for the Bash by calling Dodd's at (888) 533-0074.

Yeah, I think I'll pass.

PhxSooner
12/18/2006, 12:14 AM
Hey, for $65, ya'll can come up to my house. I'll have my kids sing "Boomer Sooner" for you, and we'll grill some hamburgers.:D

12/18/2006, 12:20 AM
Hey, for $65, ya'll can come up to my house. I'll have my kids sing "Boomer Sooner" for you, and we'll grill some hamburgers.:DWill you have the OU cheerleaders, Pom pon girls, part of the Pride band, and 5 lb. lobster tails and Dom Perignon, etc.?( well the food and drink part is probably inaccurate)
I don't understand why it's so expensive either, except to say all the tours and hospitality packages seem a bit pricey.

The Maestro
12/18/2006, 10:02 AM
You can go the official route and be bored...OR you can show up at the Tilted Kilt on the 30th at 4. Although The Library is a great spot...not sure about the day help there, though. The nighttime crew is much better!

sooneron
12/18/2006, 10:13 AM
Mmm, I always look forward to my trips to AZ and the excellent lobster that I have there!

soonersam
12/18/2006, 11:01 AM
Ive been to Four Peeks for a game before and met most those people...
Hope you like Old People !!!!

BoonesFarmSooner
12/18/2006, 12:05 PM

Someone on this thread likes Old People!

I'm just sayin....

Flagstaffsooner
12/18/2006, 01:42 PM
I'll have my kids sing "Boomer Sooner" I can play "The Eyes of texass" on my armpits.:pop:

ruf/nekdad
12/18/2006, 07:01 PM
Ive been to Four Peeks for a game before and met most those people...
HEY!, easy on the "old people" ****, punk. We are people too, and prolly raised more hell than you ever thought about. Oh, and careful with those stones your tossin', you'll be there before you know it, trust me.
signed,
old guy

The Maestro
12/19/2006, 12:17 AM
HEY!, easy on the "old people" ****, punk. We are people too, and prolly raised more hell than you ever thought about. Oh, and careful with those stones your tossin', you'll be there before you know it, trust me.
signed,
old guy

ruf/nekdad better not be walking out of any Phoenix area Circle K's in the desert!!!

BoonesFarmSooner
12/19/2006, 09:35 AM
ruf/nekdad better not be walking out of any Phoenix area Circle K's in the desert!!!

YES SIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pop:

ruf/nekdad
12/19/2006, 12:58 PM

I guess not only am I old but feeble minded also. I don’t get it. Maybe I could buy a vowel? :cool:

The Maestro
12/19/2006, 01:05 PM
I guess not only am I old but feeble minded also. I don’t get it. Maybe I could buy a vowel? :cool:

It's an inside joke, dad...nothing but love for ya! Old is good. Just ask wine drinkers! Lots of us are getting there as well and clinging on to youth like grim death. Old is a state of mind...just ask Hugh Hefner!

12/19/2006, 01:35 PM
It's an inside joke, dad...nothing but love for ya! Old is good. Just ask wine drinkers! Lots of us are getting there as well and clinging on to youth like grim death. Old is a state of mind...just ask Hugh Hefner!In a way, Hugh is a bit pathetic, but in another way, WHO AM I KIDDING?

The Maestro
12/19/2006, 01:45 PM
In a way, Hugh is a bit pathetic, but in another way, WHO AM I KIDDING?

Is that a Jack Handy quote or are you just witty as hell? That's the best quote I have heard in awhile.

12/19/2006, 01:49 PM
Is that a Jack Handy quote or are you just witty as hell? That's the best quote I have heard in awhile.Thank you, kind sir!

12/22/2006, 10:51 AM
Bump and display, for those who might not have seen this, and are coming to the Fiesta game.