PDA

View Full Version : The Dallas Cowboy secondary has to get better

usmc-sooner
12/17/2006, 06:54 PM
I've waited a while before posting this, but damn, the corners are terrible, the safeties our woefully inconsistent.

jk the sooner fan
12/17/2006, 07:06 PM
but but roy williams is the best in the league ;)

on the note of the nfc east.....my hope is that the eagles beat the giants....then we beat the eagles next week...the giants lose to new orleans

the giants are the one team i dont want the cowboys to face in the playoffs

usmc-sooner
12/17/2006, 07:16 PM
Roy is probably one of my favorite Sooners of all time, but Dallas gives up the long ball like nobody in the league. He has a tendancy to get burnt, some of it's the corners and some of it's the safeties. I was so frustrated watching the Cowboys jump out 14-0, and losing that lead.

I'm pulling for the Eagles as well.

I'd like for T.O. to go. His act is wearing thin.

I like Jones but I want to see Barber starting.

jk the sooner fan
12/17/2006, 07:18 PM
there's talk that parcells may not want to bring TO back next year.......really depends on how they/he finish the season

colleyvillesooner
12/17/2006, 09:42 PM
Roy is probably one of my favorite Sooners of all time, but Dallas gives up the long ball like nobody in the league. He has a tendancy to get burnt, some of it's the corners and some of it's the safeties. I was so frustrated watching the Cowboys jump out 14-0, and losing that lead.

I'm pulling for the Eagles as well.

I'd like for T.O. to go. His act is wearing thin.

I like Jones but I want to see Barber starting.

Newman has been the best of the 4/5. Henry is getting pwned.

If TO has 3 more TD's in the regular season, plus a playoff win or 2, he's not going anywhere. I could take him or leave him at this point.

SoonerTitan
12/17/2006, 10:09 PM
TO is the most classless player in the league especially after the spitting thing. He is a cancer and you all should hope he moves on.

jk the sooner fan
12/17/2006, 11:00 PM
i'd rather be spat on than have my forehead cleated.....

its football, much worse happens in the scrum piles....you just never hear about it........hall was running his mouth all nite.....some of these players just need to shut their mouth and play (TO included)

Frozen Sooner
12/17/2006, 11:05 PM
Heh. I remember Boz talking about how he used to try to puke in opposing players' faces.

Roy needs to get spun down to LB. He can cover TEs and running backs, but receivers just get by him too easily.

skycat
12/18/2006, 12:27 AM
Newman has given up one TD in two years.

usmc-sooner
12/18/2006, 08:32 AM
the TO after he scores is more annoying to me than him spitting in someone's face.

colleyvillesooner
12/18/2006, 08:43 AM
Newman has given up one TD in two years.

Well, he gave up one on Saturday and i know I've seen him give up others before that. Where did that stat come from? Just asking.

colleyvillesooner
12/18/2006, 08:47 AM
i'd rather be spat on than have my forehead cleated.....

its football, much worse happens in the scrum piles....you just never hear about it........hall was running his mouth all nite.....some of these players just need to shut their mouth and play (TO included)

Exactly.

Lost in the aftermath of spit-gate was this:

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones revealed after the game that Owens a few weeks ago declined elective surgery to the ring finger of his right hand. It was surgery, Jones emphasized to reporters, that team doctors strongly recommended to repair a damaged tendon that controls the top part of the finger, above the top joint.

The tendon has split and doctors advised Owens that if he didn't have the surgery then, it would severely limit the flexibility in the finger for the rest of his life.

"He didn't want to do it, because he didn't want to have to sit out," Jones said. "He knew and understood the consequences. It was his call, and he decided to keep playing."

usmc-sooner
12/18/2006, 08:52 AM
Well, he gave up one on Saturday and i know I've seen him give up others before that. Where did that stat come from? Just asking.

yeah I've seen him give up more than that.

Fugue
12/18/2006, 09:47 AM
I noticed on Sat. and especially against NO that Dallas gives opposing qb's an awful long time to throw. I'd like to see how they'd play with the Eagles defensive coordinator for a game.

colleyvillesooner
12/18/2006, 09:51 AM
I noticed on Sat. and especially against NO that Dallas gives opposing qb's an awful long time to throw. I'd like to see how they'd play with anyone able to rush the passer.

fixed.

jk the sooner fan
12/18/2006, 09:53 AM
I noticed on Sat. and especially against NO that Dallas gives opposing qb's an awful long time to throw. I'd like to see how they'd play with the Eagles defensive coordinator for a game.

well you've got to have more than one guy on the D-line capable of producing a pass rush

look at the personnel there, we're not talking about a steel curtain here...its a bunch of no-names and a second year guy with big potential........greg ellis is gone and his position is being platooned

Fugue
12/18/2006, 10:04 AM
Yes and you'd think at some point after getting picked apart drvie after drive that they'd start bringing the house with blitzes.

Mjcpr
12/18/2006, 10:06 AM
Yes and you'd think at some point after getting picked apart drvie after drive that they'd start bringing the house with blitzes.

They don't seem to get there even when they do blitz, but yeah they need to turn up the pressure somehow.

Fugue
12/18/2006, 10:10 AM
I'd blitz Roy once every 3 or 4 plays just to get him out of that no mans land he seems to be playing in.

GrapevineSooner
12/18/2006, 11:44 AM
Heh. I remember Boz talking about how he used to try to puke in opposing players' faces.

Roy needs to get spun down to LB. He can cover TEs and running backs, but receivers just get by him too easily.

I've advocated that before. Apparently, Cowboy coaches are reluctant to do that because Roy has problems fighting off blockers one on one. He's far more effective shooting the gap on run plays as a missile and wreaking havoc that way.

What they probably need to do is find a very good cover free safety to free up Roy to do what he does best.

Fugue
12/18/2006, 12:01 PM
I've advocated that before. Apparently, Cowboy coaches are reluctant to do that because Roy has problems fighting off blockers one on one. He's far more effective shooting the gap on run plays as a missile and wreaking havoc that way.

What they probably need to do is find a very good cover free safety to free up Roy to do what he does best.

agreed, makes me appreciate how good D. Woodson was.

colleyvillesooner
12/18/2006, 12:08 PM
Problem is, they already have so much invested in the secondary, with Roy, Newman and Glenn accouting for $10M against the Cap

mrowl
12/18/2006, 12:14 PM
Newman has giving up 2 or 3 touchdowns in 2 years. He is not the problem.

Henry, Roy, and whoever else they are rolling out at safety. ARE getting pwned. Roy can be great back there, or terrrriiible.... hopefully the bad streak ends by the end of the month, otherwise? 1st round loss.

colleyvillesooner
12/18/2006, 12:26 PM
From Peter Kings online column:

7. Dallas (9-5). Nice comeback in Atlanta, and Tony Romo will keep them in every game. But the stat about the Cowboys that would worry me quite a bit right now is this one: Last eight quarters: Nine TD passes, 70 points, 624 passing yards allowed.

GrapevineSooner
12/18/2006, 12:38 PM
If you have Jeff Garcia on your fantasy league team and you're still in the playoffs, start him.

GrapevineSooner
12/25/2006, 10:14 PM
If you have Jeff Garcia on your fantasy league team and you're still in the playoffs, start him.

I really, really hate to say I told you so. :mad:

Bill Parcells is wont to say 'dumb players do dumb things.'

Does the same principle apply to coaches who not only eschew a field goal in the first quarter but call for running plays on three consecutive plays on goalline short yardage situations even though you have one of best 'out of the pocket' quarterbacks in the NFL?

If Parcells isn't here next year, I won't be unhappy about it.

Ditto for T.O. who we can count on to drop at least one pass every game.

jk the sooner fan
12/25/2006, 10:25 PM
our line, both on O and D got manhandled.......difference in the game imo

GrapevineSooner
12/25/2006, 10:44 PM
If it's any consolation, Dallas would open up at Seattle if they don't somehow back into the NFC East title.

If there's any team I'd want to play in the opening round of the playoffs, it's the Seahawks.

jk the sooner fan
12/25/2006, 10:46 PM
much better than going into philly!

colleyvillesooner
12/25/2006, 11:28 PM
ALOT better.

soonerjoker
12/26/2006, 10:19 AM
is it too late to delete romo from pro-bowl roster ?????

colleyvillesooner
12/26/2006, 10:21 AM
is it too late to delete romo from pro-bowl roster ?????

Only if it's not too late to delete you from the board.

Oh wait...;)

soonerjoker
12/26/2006, 10:41 AM
it's too late.

mrowl
12/26/2006, 04:49 PM
DAMNIT. My gift of Cowboys playoff tickets are gonna make for good recycling. :mad:

colleyvillesooner
12/26/2006, 04:54 PM
DAMNIT. My gift of Cowboys playoff tickets are gonna make for good recycling. :mad:

Me too. I bought 4. We do get our money back right?

Scott D
12/26/2006, 06:08 PM
Upon further review, Roy drops to 3rd in best safety behind Reed and Dawkins.

mrowl
12/27/2006, 12:51 PM
Me too. I bought 4. We do get our money back right?

I think so. :mad:

colleyvillesooner
12/27/2006, 12:51 PM
I think so. :mad:

I bet we don't get part of the fees back. And there was a **** load of them.

Scott D
12/27/2006, 01:21 PM
they'll offer a refund, but they'll likely try to get you to apply the money toward tickets next season.

colleyvillesooner
12/27/2006, 02:24 PM
they'll offer a refund, but they'll likely try to get you to apply the money toward tickets next season.

Even if it was through ticketmaster, not the Cowboys?

Scott D
12/27/2006, 02:42 PM
might wanna deal with the cowboys.....ticketmaster follows the Leo rules of fast food.

They **** YOU at the drive-thru, okay? They **** YOU at the drive-thru! They know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got ****ed! They know you're not gonna turn around and go back, they don't care. So who gets ****ed? Ol' Leo Getz! Okay, sure! I don't give a ****! I'm not eating this tuna, okay?

mrowl
12/27/2006, 03:12 PM
I had no idea there was a possibility of no home playoff game. Every other team I have bought post-season from, doesn't sell them until its guaranteed. :mad:

(oddly, it was VERY easy to get them)

colleyvillesooner
12/27/2006, 03:22 PM
I had no idea there was a possibility of no home playoff game. Every other team I have bought post-season from, doesn't sell them until its guaranteed. :mad:

(oddly, it was VERY easy to get them)

I bought them when they went on sale at 10:00 a.m. Got on got two, completed the transaction, got back on and got two more. They were gone after that.

Makes sense to do it before since you'd have potentially only 6 days between finding out and your game.

tulsaoilerfan
12/27/2006, 08:46 PM
They could still host if somehow the Eagles lose to the Skins and Dallas beats the Lions; with they way this season has gone, i wouldn't be surprised to see Philly and Dallas both lose this coming weekend!!

colleyvillesooner
12/27/2006, 09:41 PM
It'll be pretty tough for the Eagles to lose to the Skins since they play the Falcons. ;)

And if you wanna see how the Falcons do when playing their last game of the season with nothing to play for, and the other team is trying to improve their playoff spot, check this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=260101001

And that was at home.

GrapevineSooner
12/27/2006, 11:53 PM
I remember that day vividly. Dallas needed either Carolina or Washington to lose to have something to play for later that night against St. Louis.

And of course, Atlanta laid an egg.

colleyvillesooner
12/28/2006, 12:10 AM
I remember that day vividly. Dallas needed either Carolina or Washington to lose to have something to play for later that night against St. Louis.

And of course, Atlanta laid an egg.

To me that was a blessing. It's just saved us from having our hearts ripped out when we probably lost anyways to the rams. :mad:

jk the sooner fan
12/31/2006, 04:34 PM
ugh.....a loss to the lions......this team cant stop a team on 3d down to save its life......count me out for the rest of the season, this is a one and done team in the playoffs

colleyvillesooner
12/31/2006, 04:46 PM
Nah, just to tease me they'll win in Seattle, beat Chicago, and the lose to the Eagles again. ;)

Scott D
12/31/2006, 04:53 PM
Nah, just to tease me they'll win in Seattle, before having Muhammad, Berrien and Bradley light them up in Chicago. ;)

fixed :D

colleyvillesooner
12/31/2006, 05:01 PM
fixed :D

Bradley's 13 catches don't really strike fear. ;)

The other two, yeah. :D

Scott D
12/31/2006, 05:46 PM
hey those 13 catches are basically in 3 games :D

colleyvillesooner
12/31/2006, 06:44 PM
Is that bad or good? ;)

jk the sooner fan
12/31/2006, 06:59 PM
i wouldnt have thought Furrey would strike fear into the cowboys, but he pretty much had his way with them today

i wasnt a big fan of him throwing the ball at the star....why are players so disrespectful of other teams these days

tulsaoilerfan
12/31/2006, 08:27 PM
What happened to this team? They look like they have completely folded their tents the last week

BeetDigger
12/31/2006, 09:35 PM
i wouldnt have thought Furrey would strike fear into the cowboys, but he pretty much had his way with them today

i wasnt a big fan of him throwing the ball at the star....why are players so disrespectful of other teams these days

I really think that it was a lucky hit. Guys throw it at the wall all the time. He was just throwing it toward the wall and happened to hit the star.

jk the sooner fan
12/31/2006, 09:48 PM
he was quoted in the paper as saying he was going for the star, but didnt mean to break it

TopDawg
12/31/2006, 11:49 PM
Raise your hand if you can throw a TD pass against the Cowboys.

http://www.o2.com/cr/report2005/images_content/engaging.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/3074855-md.jpg

http://www.cslseattle.org/graphics/Festival/Raised-Hands.gif

http://www.ci.methuen.ma.us/Mayor/Images/RAISED%20HANDS.jpg

http://hansmast.com/images/India%20Tsunami3/images/Hands%20raised%20for%20thanking%20you%20all!.jpg

http://www.spellmasters.com.au/images/raised_hands1.jpg

http://www.bgclubfoxvalley.org/images/images/girls%20hands%20raised.jpg

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/997318/2/istockphoto_997318_happy_baby_raising_hands.jpg

OUFAN29
1/1/2007, 12:01 AM
I bought them when they went on sale at 10:00 a.m. Got on got two, completed the transaction, got back on and got two more. They were gone after that.

Makes sense to do it before since you'd have potentially only 6 days between finding out and your game.

I have mine for Saturday. Now if we can find a few db's to replace our #1, #2 and #3. GO HAWKS!!! :D

usmc-sooner
1/1/2007, 12:19 PM
Newman gave up three TD's yesterday. Twice in coverage and once by that stupid fumble on the punt. Neither of our lines is good. We can't open holes on O and we have zero pressure on the QB outside of Ware.

I'm kinda hoping Parcells won't be back but I still think Jerry Jones meddles too much. We needed help on the line a lot more than we needed T.O. When T.O. was asked to leave the Eagles he was a dominant WR. one of the top 3. Right now he isn't. I don't think I was this bummed about the cowboys when they were 1-15.

Mjcpr
1/1/2007, 12:31 PM
What happened to this team? They look like they have completely folded their tents the last three out of 4 weeks

Fixed.

So the last three home games, Dallas is 0-3 being run out of the building twice and being beaten soundly by the worst team in the NFL not including Dallas. Nice.

Geez, we're probably lucky to not have a home playoff game. :rolleyes:

BeetDigger
1/1/2007, 02:07 PM
he was quoted in the paper as saying he was going for the star, but didnt mean to break it

It was still a lucky hit.