PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Shockey

winnard
12/17/2006, 05:25 PM
I'm SO glad this scumbag didn't go to OU and decided to go to Miami.
He's the opitome of poor sportsmanship. Sure he plays hard, but he's a thug.

winnard

birddog
12/17/2006, 05:27 PM
...buys powerball tickets so he won't have to "work the grind" anymore.

starrca23
12/17/2006, 05:28 PM
What a cheep shot. I'm glad he fits right in the 'Cane mold. How could he even justify that shot.

yermom
12/17/2006, 05:33 PM
still looked like it could have very easily been offsetting penalties there

i really don't want either of these teams to win here

jk the sooner fan
12/17/2006, 05:39 PM
i'll bet he's the epitome of poor sportsmanship too.... ;)

mrowl
12/17/2006, 05:58 PM
Tiki in the hall of fame????? Thanks for the laugh Joe.

Duke o Brewery
12/17/2006, 06:16 PM
...is a disgrace to the great state of Oklahoma.

winnard
12/17/2006, 06:43 PM

Heh! That's one of those words you'll always spell rong.

winnard

TripleOption14
12/17/2006, 07:40 PM
I'm SO glad this scumbag didn't go to OU and decided to go to Miami.
He's the opitome of poor sportsmanship. Sure he plays hard, but he's a thug.

winnard

Maybe if he would have gone to OU he wouldn't be such a scumbag. Just a thought. :D

Readyfor8
12/17/2006, 08:18 PM
Maybe if he would have gone to OU he wouldn't be such a scumbag. Just a thought. :D

Great minds think alike. You are what your head coach makes you, or in Cokers case, lets you become.

Spek!!!

Duke o Brewery
12/17/2006, 08:53 PM
He would have gone to OU, but Stoops wouldn't take him. I believe thats why Shockey called coach Stoops an "*******" in that SI article a few years back. He's a classless thug, pure and simple.

LoyalFan
12/17/2006, 09:02 PM

Well, ivoryone's intitlud to their epineon...wryght?

Jus' sayin',

LoyulPhan

tbl
12/17/2006, 09:05 PM
I can't stand him, his alumni, or his current team.

tbl
12/17/2006, 09:06 PM
Heh! That's one of those words you'll always spell rong.

winnard
Epitome is correct...

SoFla Sooner
12/17/2006, 10:41 PM
...is Ada trailor trash, pure and simple.

badger
12/17/2006, 10:46 PM
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/brain/shockey.html

perhaps if he didn't go to miami he would have turned out differently. it seems that players reflect their coaches and leaders during and after college.

soonerloyal
12/18/2006, 05:49 AM
A superb coach with impeccable ethics, like Bob Stoops, can do wonders when mentoring young players. However, if a person is hell-bent on being, well, hellbent...even the best of leaders can't necessarily sway 'em back on the right path.

If Shockey was a 10-percenter s***bird in his heart, the change would have to come from inside. Even the United States Marine Corps can't always change the bad pennies, although they come closer to succeeding than anyone else. If Shockey had come to OU, unless he'd wanted to change his character, even Stoops, staff and team couldn't have done it for him. The blame belongs squarely in the lap of Shockey, not Coker or anyone else.

JMOHO.

TripleOption14
12/18/2006, 07:32 AM
What is Shockey's story?? Where did he play high school ball? And was he any good or just bigger than everyone else? Its hard to believe that a person from Oklahoma would even act this way regardless if he played for OU or not.
Anyone know anything about this clown?

Don't get me wrong i think he's a hell of a player and a damn good TE but as was said earlier.... man, he is a poor sport. He seems like the type of player that yells at his teammates when they make a bad play instead of trying to pick them up from it. Everytime Eli makes a bad throw or get sacked it seems like he's shaking his head or throwing up his arms in disgust. Odd....

starrca23
12/18/2006, 09:08 AM
Shockey played at Ada, and had a good enough test score to go d-1 but was not recruited by any major colleges, so he went to NEO for one year. Bob did make a mistake in thinking that Shockey had to stay for two years when he didn't, because of his test score. So, Shockey became a Cane and has hated OU and Stoops ever since.

1stTimeCaller
12/18/2006, 09:11 AM
Shockey played at Ada, and had a good enough test score to go d-1 but was not recruited by any major colleges, so he went to NEO for one year. Bob did make a mistake in thinking that Shockey had to stay for two years when he didn't, because of his test score. So, Shockey became a Cane and has hated OU and Stoops ever since.

Shockey also got loaded up on the Vitamin S while he was at NEO.

starrca23
12/18/2006, 09:20 AM
What do they call that? There is vitamin they call that for code, it is what Palmero said he thought he took.