PDA

View Full Version : 4 Buckeyes mull jump to NFL

Texas Golfer
12/16/2006, 12:40 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-t25-buckeyes-early&prov=ap&type=lgns

Antonio Pittman said several weeks ago he wanted to come back for his senior year and win the Heisman Trophy -- just as teammate Troy Smith did this year.

"I want to come back, but like anyone else I have a family to take care of," said Pittman, who rushed for 1,171 yards and 13 touchdowns after gaining 1,331 yards and scoring seven times a year ago. "When the paperwork comes back in, I'll sit down with my parents and coach Tress and then we'll make a decision."

The only reason I posted this is to ask:

What in the hell thinks that he'd be considered for the Heisman with those stats? AD had almost those numbers playing only half seasons during the same period.

OSUAggie
12/16/2006, 12:51 PM
Herbstreit pumping him to win it multiplies those stats x1.5, so really he had over 1700 yards and 20 scores

proudsoonergal
12/16/2006, 01:34 PM
Stats are less important than who you play for. See Brennan, Colt.

Scott D
12/16/2006, 02:38 PM
Stats are less important than who you play for. See Brennan, Colt.

You can have amazing offensive stats but if your team is 7-5 in a mediocre conference, you won't win the heisman.

see, Garrett Wolfe of Northern Illinois for further proof.

goingoneight
12/16/2006, 07:32 PM
See Graham Harrell, Cody Hodges, Kliff Kingsbury, etc...

Scott D
12/16/2006, 08:44 PM
...see Paul Hornung...oh, wait, that was the domer cabal conspiracy thing.

nah back in those days there were only 4 universities... ND, USC, Army, and ND. ;)

washington's fave
12/16/2006, 09:15 PM
Everyone has to admit it (even if they don't want to) that the Blackeyes wouldn't be where they are today if they didn't have NFL talent at key positions. The blackeyes are like every other team that has been at the top of the NCAA heap; which is because they have superior talent. Does that mean they will win every game? No way!! But does that give them an added advantage? Yes it does!! (puke)