PDA

View Full Version : Relived the Oregon Debacle

MI Sooner
12/16/2006, 12:05 PM
Well, the 2006 Oregon game was just replayed on ESPN Classic, and while I'll never forget the refs' screwups, I'd forgotten just how badly coached and played those last three minutes were.

We couldn't score a TD from within the five twice, and we threw incomplete passses and ran out of bounds, repeatedly stopping the clock.

Our kickoff went out of bounds.

We wasted our timeouts.

Blown/bad coverages.

We weren't ready to take the field after Reggie's kickoff return, and some time ran off the clock before we could snap the ball (If we didn't know what play to call, we could have just spiked it, since we weren't going to need all 4 plays).

We ran the ball, which barely allowed us time to spike it for the field goal attempt. The field goal was blocked (still the only one we've missed this year, right?).

I know we got jobbed, but that was painful to watch. Also, I didn't realize the whistle had blown so early on the on-side kick. I think they blew it before Patrick recovered it. If that's the case, what's the correct ruling? Re-kick? Receiving team's ball?

mrowl
12/16/2006, 12:06 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85734

:rolleyes:

MI Sooner
12/16/2006, 12:09 PM
Can I delete/move this?

shelley45
12/17/2006, 03:24 AM
Well, the 2006 Oregon game was just replayed on ESPN Classic, and while I'll never forget the refs' screwups, I'd forgotten just how badly coached and played those last three minutes were.

We couldn't score a TD from within the five twice, and we threw incomplete passses and ran out of bounds, repeatedly stopping the clock.

Our kickoff went out of bounds.

We wasted our timeouts.

Blown/bad coverages.

We weren't ready to take the field after Reggie's kickoff return, and some time ran off the clock before we could snap the ball (If we didn't know what play to call, we could have just spiked it, since we weren't going to need all 4 plays).

We ran the ball, which barely allowed us time to spike it for the field goal attempt. The field goal was blocked (still the only one we've missed this year, right?).

I know we got jobbed, but that was painful to watch. Also, I didn't realize the whistle had blown so early on the on-side kick. I think they blew it before Patrick recovered it. If that's the case, what's the correct ruling? Re-kick? Receiving team's ball?
Those are all excellent points.

Fraggle145
12/17/2006, 04:40 AM

fuk you quacker... you wouldnt be in a bowl if the refs didnt job us...

Crucifax Autumn
12/17/2006, 05:05 AM
Besides...I banged your sister and mom right after the game. Mom really liked it, but sis swallows.

Fraggle145
12/17/2006, 05:11 AM

I was wondering if we could, oh I dont know... ban this waste of space, ya it is immature, but it would make me feel better...

shelley45
12/17/2006, 04:32 PM
Besides...I banged your sister and mom right after the game. Mom really liked it, but sis swallows.
Wow that was really impressive, but my mom is dead and I dont have any sisters so you must be talking about someone else.

OUTrumpet
12/17/2006, 05:25 PM
How come whenever someone comes up with a your mom joke on the internet is seems like the person it's pointed at always responds "My mom's dead"

birddog
12/17/2006, 05:29 PM

it's people like you that make me hate the ducks.

enjoy getting your arses handed to you by byu as you wrap up a stellar 7-6 season.:rolleyes:

mrowl
12/17/2006, 05:30 PM
Wow that was really impressive, but my mom is dead and I dont have any sisters so you must be talking about someone else.

maybe he is into necrophilia?

shelley45
12/17/2006, 06:42 PM
How come whenever someone comes up with a your mom joke on the internet is seems like the person it's pointed at always responds "My mom's dead"
Well Im sure Im not the only person who lost their mom, but maybe people just shouldnt say things about peoples moms. I know I have a little more class than that, and thats something that someone would not be able to say to my face. TRUST ME!

MrKurt
12/17/2006, 06:47 PM
How come whenever someone comes up with a your mom joke on the internet is seems like the person it's pointed at always responds "My mom's deadIt's easier than saying "yes, I know my mom's a whore. I'd like to think she's dead, though, so I can get over being bitter about her rate alcohol consumption whilst I was in the womb."

cvsooner
12/17/2006, 06:59 PM
Also, I didn't realize the whistle had blown so early on the on-side kick. I think they blew it before Patrick recovered it. If that's the case, what's the correct ruling? Re-kick? Receiving team's ball?

Assuming they get the play right in the first place, OU could have asked for a re-kick because the kicker is offsides.

Assuming they get it right in the second place, OU could have declined the offsides and taken the ball at the spot where the Oregon player illegally touched it. The interesting point is do you call the illegal touch or the interference in the right to catch the kick? Those occurred simultaneously because the kick is too short. Only way Paysinger can hope to get the ball is to interfere early, or let the receiver catch it and then hope for a fumble.

And you're right, the whistle blew it before Patrick recovered it.

I still question the blocked field goal and the lack of angles on that one, too. Later against California, an Oregon player gets called on a placement try for grabbing the center while is head is down snapping the ball and jumping on the guy's back to launch himself into the air. He did it earlier in the Cal game and didn't get called. Then he got called for it. I suspect it happened in the OU game but we don't have angle for it. It would have just ****ed me off even more.

stoopified
12/18/2006, 06:27 PM
I didn't watch it because I would just get mad all over again.It is for this very reason that I do not record any loss.In my tape and DVD collection OU is undefeated.

sooner518
12/18/2006, 06:40 PM
I still question the blocked field goal and the lack of angles on that one, too. Later against California, an Oregon player gets called on a placement try for grabbing the center while is head is down snapping the ball and jumping on the guy's back to launch himself into the air. He did it earlier in the Cal game and didn't get called. Then he got called for it. I suspect it happened in the OU game but we don't have angle for it. It would have just ****ed me off even more.
i wouldnt investigate that too much because if you find out thats the case, youll probably want to kill yourself

OUswagger
12/18/2006, 09:30 PM
I don't watch it anymore, but I am glad they show it to all those otha sucka's so they know how bad we got screwed by the zebras, even if you feel that our coaching staff was sub standard. In Bob we trust, Stoops almighty. BOOMER!!!