PDA

View Full Version : OU vs Oregon

OUHOMER
12/16/2006, 09:34 AM
on at 0900 am. If you can stand to watch it again

Texas Golfer
12/16/2006, 09:56 AM
I'm surprised that anyone would EVER show this game again. I'm not sure anyone would want to see the debacle again.

OU fans don't want to be reminded of how we were robbed again.
UO fans probably don't want to see that they really lost again.
Pac-10 officials probably don't want the bad rep again.
The NCAA probably doesn't want to be reminded of their "lack of institutional knowledge" of their officials' biases.

Blues1
12/16/2006, 09:58 AM
Let the College football world see how we got Robbed -- I just can't take it - Once was enough for this Sooner Fan....... :(

starrca23
12/16/2006, 10:02 AM
Your screen name has never been more appropriate Blues

Blues1
12/16/2006, 10:02 AM
The bottomline is, I don't think Oklahoma can win the Big 12 South, the Big 12 Championship, or go to a BCS game this year, because of the QB position." - Mark May (9/2/06)

"With Paul Thompson at QB, Oklahoma will not win the Big 12." - Lee Corso (9/2/06)

"If you stand on a tuna can in Lubbock, Texas, you can see for 250 miles. If you stand on the goal line, apparently you can't see anything!" - Scott Van Pelt (11/19/05)

"A&M will beat Texas" - Blues1 (Sometime in November 2006) ---- :)

Texas Golfer
12/16/2006, 10:08 AM
"A&M will beat Texas" - Blues1 (Sometime in November 2006) ---- :)

Maybe I should add this one to my signature?:)

Blues1
12/16/2006, 10:11 AM
IF only I could be that Wise in other areas of my Life,,,,,, :)

OUAndy1807
12/16/2006, 10:32 AM
espn classic is the all big ten channel, and when they do decide to play one of our games it's the 'instant classic' of us getting jobbed by a mediocre oregon team?

StoopTroup
12/16/2006, 10:33 AM
This was a great game until the 4th quarter.

I don't mind watching it again because I've finally accepted that we won.

goingoneight
12/16/2006, 11:29 AM
That was the best I had seen OUr offense perform all year IMHO. Scratch Middle Tennessee, they were just an exhibition game, kinda like when we play that orange team in Norman. It really was a great shootout for both teams considering the lack of defensive ball played in Eugene that day. I've been looking for an internet video of the game anyway. You've got to realize that Oregon did nothing wrong, they got a lucky break and went for the jugular vein. It's not like Stoops hasn't taken advantage of a bad call before. The fans who called us crybabies need to look at the outcome however and realize that their little *win* kept us from playing a fourth consecutive BIG 12 MNC visit. If they ever won a championship or oh, I don't know, competed for one, maybe they'd understand...

RacerX
12/16/2006, 11:39 AM
After is the Texas/K-State game. Kind of a Big 12 disaster Saturday on ESPN Classic.

Except we all really like the UT/KSU outcome.

TheLadiesMike
12/16/2006, 12:13 PM
My favorite part was as the drive after the onside kick started, the announce Tim Brant said, "The onside kick is now a moot point."

While it became a moot point for the rest of the game, the sheer magnitude of the injustice ensured it would be remembered for quite some time.

Sooner24
12/16/2006, 12:21 PM
I finally figured out who the guy was that kept taking the headset to the official.

http://battellemedia.com/images/walter_can.jpg

picasso
12/16/2006, 12:24 PM
espn classic is the all big ten channel, and when they do decide to play one of our games it's the 'instant classic' of us getting jobbed by a mediocre oregon team?
most of the classic games they show us in we lost. they love to replay our game with USC in '82.:mad:

also, the interference call od Darien Williams at the end of the oregon game was not only missed on the tipped pass but there was no interference!
On the replay he isn't even close enough to warrant a call!?! The only thing I can figure is they called him for a bump at the line which is never frickin called.:rolleyes:

TUSooner
12/16/2006, 01:18 PM
no

King Crimson
12/16/2006, 01:27 PM
most of the classic games they show us in we lost. they love to replay our game with USC in '82.:mad:

81, i think. i hated that ****ing game. i remember watching like it was yesterday. Fred Cornwall, :mad:

http://soonerstats.com/fb/seasons/schedule.cfm?SeasonID=1981

picasso
12/16/2006, 01:52 PM
81, i think. i hated that ****ing game. i remember watching like it was yesterday. Fred Cornwall, :mad:

http://soonerstats.com/fb/seasons/schedule.cfm?SeasonID=1981
ah that was it. last second td pass to their TE.

I think we had 5 fumbles lost.

King Crimson
12/16/2006, 02:24 PM

they beat us again in the return trip to Norman...whenever that was in 82 or 83. but, i changed as a male human being walking with my Dad along Lindsey behind the "song girls" by the old practice fields that day. it was hot as hell, and the "song girls" were wearing those white longsleeve sweaters and skirts. i remember it specifically.

rawr.

King Crimson
12/16/2006, 02:26 PM

that was the year they ready to run Barry out of town as well....up in the Santee lounge. 7-4-1, with a Sun Bowl W.

waxed by NU, 20 point loss to Texas, and a loss to Mizzou.

blackbeauty02
12/16/2006, 02:50 PM
at least they did say it the "controversial" game on the preview

RRWSooner
12/16/2006, 10:35 PM
The officiating in that game was such a joke (on both sides of the ball, really). But really, our play didn't look that good either. We made ALOT of mistakes. Shows you how far OU has come since the beginning of the season. If that game were played today it wouldn't even be close.

Crucifax Autumn
12/16/2006, 10:37 PM
Screw that game all around, we sucked AND we got screwed. I never want to see it again.

birddog
12/16/2006, 10:49 PM
there's no WAAAAYYY i will ever see that again.

i felt like somebody sliced open my dog and rearranged her inner-workings so that she'd dook out of her mouth. and she likes to lick me ALOT.

worse

game

evar.

Blues1
12/16/2006, 11:01 PM
What this game does show is OU had raw potenial that did mature over the Season and IMHO has *NOT* reached it's peak yet....
So I'm Holding true at Sooners 52 - BS state 22

Keep R' Sooners

Texas Golfer
12/16/2006, 11:21 PM
Sooners 52 - BS state 22

For us to score that many, we're going to have to quit playing conservatively once we get the lead.

shelley45
12/17/2006, 03:17 AM
What a great game 501 yards of total offense!!!!!!!!!

Crucifax Autumn
12/17/2006, 04:49 AM
I predict we'll have more offense in the Fiesta Bowl...and the opponent will have under 200.

Meanwhile: Oregon sucks balls

Fraggle145
12/17/2006, 05:09 AM
Make. It. Stop.

Just stop.

Please.

Everytime I think about it I just want to do so many awful things...

I am so tired of thinking about it.

The topic is tired.

I am tired.

We know we won.

Unfortunately... NOBODY ELSE CARES...

Unfortunately... NOBODY ELSE WILL EVER CARE TILL IT HAPPENS TO SUC OR NOTRE DAME.

I dont know how to end it...

Crucifax Autumn
12/17/2006, 05:13 AM
I hope it happens to both of them in bowl games

TripleOption14
12/17/2006, 08:02 AM

:rolleyes: Christ!!!! Take off your green and gold glasses tard. Its one of the most BLATANT forms of cheating in cfb history!!

And its real funny how time has shown us who the better team was/is. Where is Oregon in the top 25 rankings... go ahead i'll wait...... thats right there NO WHERE to be found! Whereas OU is ranked #7,(would be A LOT higher if it wasn't for oregon's home cooking) Big 12 champs, and are playing in a BCS bowl game. Come back when oregon has recently accomplished any of this goals! Is oregon even .500?? Oh well good luck with your tier 2 program and your tier 3 bowl games in the upcoming years.

RRWSooner
12/17/2006, 10:05 AM
^^^Don't even bother. We know we are much better than Oregon, and we DID win that game. As you stated, look where we are and look where they are in the top 25. Cream (Crimson that is) rises and sh*! sinks!

And its sad, for Oregon fans, that the only thing that college football fans will associate with Oregon is their *fake win* over Oklahoma. Meanwhile, Oklahoma will be forever considered one of the greatest, if not THE greatest college football dynasties.

I pity Oregon.

PDXsooner
12/17/2006, 12:26 PM
the only thing oregon fans have to fall back on is the "we had 500 yards of offense" thing. great, when the team with more yards is declared the winner of games we'll all be impressed.

peterson had 150 yards rushing in one quarter. that's more impressive to me.

this game was bad for college football.

sooneron
12/17/2006, 11:27 PM
Wouldn't that 500 yards be negated by 55 bogus yards due to the screw job of the pac 10 refs?

goingoneight
12/18/2006, 11:54 PM
It would be a helluva lot less yards than 446 if it was called fairly, to be honest. Officiating is never perfect, but damn... if that game was called correctly, OU probably wins 17-14 again. Truth is, we barely beat the clock a few times that I've seen other teams get flagged for that kind of last-milisecond snap. That clock hit zero just as the ball struck PT's hand on the Malcom Kelly long-bomb TD.

We were tired from point A defensively in that game, and if Oregon would have just played it out this season instead of losing to teams they have better talent than, the option for a rematch *might* have been there. Much like the UCLA game in 2005, I would put money on OU throttling them later in the season.

We looked flat-out, question your coaches, cover your eyes, cuss at the TV, throw a rock at a Texas fan pitiful on defense early on. Sometimes we were hot, and then a coach would run a play up the middle for like 30 yards. Again, look at the team that played TCU a year ago. Look at the OU squad who choked against Neuter Dame in 1999, they turned out "alright," didn't they???

Put Oregon in Arrowhead Stadium two weeks ago, think their #28 would have busted those big plays on us now? Think Dixon could burn Nic Harris, Reggie Smith, Marcus Walker, or Darrien Williams, now? Zac Taylor sure couldn't. Graham Harrell sure couldn't. Even next year's Heisman winner Booby Reid couldn't get behind our guys without cross-routes and shove-offs.

soonersam
12/21/2006, 02:03 PM
Oregon's had a disappointing year, losing every big game except Oklahoma, which was won via divine intervention by the replay official. The Ducks were 5-5 if you don't count wins over Portland State and Stanford, and failed miserably in showdowns against Cal and USC

from AOL.com

soonerspudman
12/21/2006, 03:08 PM
Hence forth this game shall be referrred to as the Crisco Bowl.

Okieflyer
12/21/2006, 03:10 PM
But what do you think of the the new Oregon helmets?

http://www.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2006/12/oregonsnewhelmet.jpg

Kind of looks like something from the LSD 60's!

soonermeteor
12/21/2006, 08:47 PM

Much like the #501 ranking oregon has now....... all the CFB teams and different types of parasites and fungus. What was Oregon's record after that game? 4-5. Oklahoma's record? 9-1.

Texas Golfer
12/21/2006, 09:19 PM
Much like the #501 ranking oregon has now....... all the CFB teams and different types of parasites and fungus. What was Oregon's record after that game? 4-5. Oklahoma's record? 9-1.

Fixin' to be 4-6.

OUinFLA
12/21/2006, 09:26 PM
Fixin' to be 4-6.

no kidding. if they'd just go ahead and shove those shinny new helmets up their ***, Id be able to watch this sorry game without my shades on.
But, I'm not bitter.

tigepilot
12/21/2006, 09:39 PM

Isn't that the kind comment that's made by loosers. I mean jeez, they've got scoreboard (at least officially) and all he's got say is yards?

soonermeteor
12/21/2006, 11:23 PM
Fixin' to be 4-6.

Yep. Unless the refs blow several onside kicks, Oregon is losing 38-8 late in the fourth quarter. What a pathetic end to a pathetic season.

Texas Golfer
12/21/2006, 11:33 PM
I got this from a TCU homer. I didn't hear it but "TcuCorner" just said it on the Baylor boards. If it's true, Bellotti is a bigger idiot than I originally took him for.

Did you catch the OREGON Coaches smack talk about BYU before the game?

The OREGON Coach actually said this on a radio program 2 days before game:

1) If BYU was in the PAC 10, they would be the 7th or 8th ranked team.
2) BYU lost to ARIZONA, which is our conference's worst 2 or 3 teams.
3) BYU is from a much weaker conference than ours and their competition over there doesnt compare to ours.
4) I dont even know what other teams are in the Mountain West. Can you tell me?
5) If we allow BYU to beat us, we dont deserve to be playing college football.
6) OREGON is consistently ranked higher than BYU and is a stronger program.

The BYU players were enraged and pasted the OREGON Coaches quotes all over their locker room. Even if the OREGON Coach believes this horseshiiieet he stated, he is an absolute fool for saying it.

Now his team was horsewhipped on national tv in a humiliating 38-8 assswhipping. I wonder what this moron OREGON Coach has to say now?

Sooner24
12/21/2006, 11:40 PM
Isn't that the kind comment that's made by loosers. I mean jeez, they've got scoreboard (at least officially) and all he's got say is yards?

As opposed to being "tighters"? :rolleyes:

Egeo
12/21/2006, 11:50 PM
after tonight, im embarrassed that our game with oregon was even close

picasso
12/21/2006, 11:52 PM
after tonight, im embarrassed that our game with oregon was even close
right now, we'd smoke 'em like a big ole neon green hooter.

soonermeteor
12/22/2006, 12:15 AM
5) If we allow BYU to beat us, we dont deserve to be playing college football.

Speaking of which coaches should or should not be fired.........

Blues1
12/22/2006, 12:31 AM
I got this from a TCU homer. I didn't hear it but "TcuCorner" just said it on the Baylor boards. If it's true, Bellotti is a bigger idiot than I originally took him for.

Assuming this Radio talk is true ....? -
Is this the most "All Time Screw Up" by a College Coach.....If the Oregon big wigs have got any sense left.... ???

Fire His A$$....:eek:

MyT Oklahoma
12/22/2006, 01:12 AM
The final BYU/Oregon score was 38 to 8? Really?

P.S. "Conclusive!"