PDA

View Full Version : Lil, any inside news on Moose?

NormanPride
12/15/2006, 04:27 PM
From the few minutes I've seen him play I've gotten pretty excited about his time here. I hope he's having fun, because he's got a golden opportunity to make a big difference on this team.

Rhino
12/15/2006, 04:55 PM
He didn't play much last game because we went to a smaller lineup. And hasn't been playing much since Maui - 7 mpg. So, it's kinda hard to tell.

He still needs to improve his rebounding. 2 rbg is not going to cut it. His FTs are getting a tad better, but he still has a ways to go there too. Still looks lost on defense sometimes, but has his bright spot moments. Offensively, you just see an inexperienced freshman big man. He can hit some outside shots, but needs to be more selective. He needs some work on his inside back-to-the-basket game - some of his plays down low have been horrendous.

He makes the freshman mistakes and gets in a hurry sometimes. Still, he only has 9 turnovers on the season - compare that to Taylor Griffin's 23 turnovers and Moose is a much safer play.

I think this year with be his "get up to speed" year. Since he didn't have an offseason while trying to make the grades, he's been playing catch-up all season. He still needs to drop about 10-15 lbs. to be his most effective. Next year, being in good shape with a year under his belt, you should see improvement in several parts of his game.

the_ouskull
12/15/2006, 05:22 PM
He's got the skill set that, as a 3, you can develop into an NBA-caliber player, but he's got a LOT of work to do. He looks physically capable of being shaped into that player, but he's far from there. IMhumbleO, I think he needs to work on his game around the basket, offense AND defense, and work his way out from there. Offense: Back to the basket moves, and passing out of double-teams. Defense: Back to the basket defense and BOXING OUT !!! Then, as he gets more and more comfortable with those, allow him to start facing up on offense from time to time and take advantage of his athleticism and ball-handling ability and on D, allow him to start making plays away from the ball. He's got a TON of potential, but, if by the end of next season, we're not seeing it, then he may get lost in the shuffle.

the_ouskull

LilSooner
12/15/2006, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I suck and I have been out of town. I haven't talked to him in quite awhile. But Rhino is on the money as always. :)

OUAndy1807
12/15/2006, 08:01 PM
so, what's the connection here? I know it's probably been discussed, but I'm unbelievably lazy. You really wouldn't believe it.

Newbomb Turk
12/15/2006, 08:26 PM
so, what's the connection here? I know it's probably been discussed, but I'm unbelievably lazy. You really wouldn't believe it.

Moose = Keith Clark. He plays for the Sooners. This is Soonerfans.com

Sheesh - some people don't have a clue.

;)

props
12/15/2006, 10:11 PM
This is Soonerfans.com

good. i'm not lost.

Ash
12/16/2006, 12:21 AM
Working on the low post game would only benefit Moose in the long run. He's potentially a match-up problem for any team with his combination of size, strenght, quickness and handles.

But, IMO he could take it to the next level by developing the inside game. Not only will it benefit him in terms of his contributions to the team, but it would add to his game as well.

Opposition would have to make the choice - put a smaller quicker player on him to prevent the outside shooting and driving, or a bigger player to prevent him from exploiting the inside? Either way, he could exploit the match up to his benefit.

In any case, he's an exciting young player and I hope he knows that sooner fans support him and if he works hard he'll get the PT and has the potential to be a great addition to the team.