PDA

View Full Version : Bizarro afternoon yesterday

TUSooner
12/15/2006, 07:51 AM
Between 3:00 and 3:30, my scared 17yo daughter calls me up and says that she accidentally cut a lady off in traffic, and now the lady is following her. The lady, apparently with her mom laughing and enjoying the show from the passenger seat of their gold Lexus SUV, had followed daughter all around our neighborhood. I told daughter to drive downtown past my office. So she did, and the b#tch & mom followed her all the way across the river. (Crossing that toll bridge is not something you do for fun in New Orleans.)

I grab one of the court's security guys, and daughter comes up the 1-lane street and stops in front of the office. Daughter is shaking and in tears, but there's the stupid btch still right behind her. I write the license number down, and then I look at the btch. She's a fat, blond, white woman about 50-ish. I ask her WTF is she doing and she gives be a snooty line of BS about "making sure the kid knows where she's going because she obviously wasn't paying attention." I was acting calmer than I felt, so I just told her she was full of sh!t and that there was no reason whatever why she should follow my kid around the West Bank and across the river. I told her if she ever harassed my daughter again she had my persdonal assurance guarantee thet she'd end up in a world of sh!t. Only the presence of the court securtity guard prevented me from yanking the btch out her car by the hair. But beating up women is not really my cup of tea anyway. And I would have prety much lost the :moral high ground." ;) So basically, I just cussed at her a little, with no obvious effect. :rolleyes:

By now traffic is backed up a few cars, and the security guys asks us if he needs to call the cops. Rich btch says "no no no" and he lets her drive off. I still think she deserved killin, but we have the license plate number and my wife knows some cops who said to file a complaint just to make a record.

That rich white btch was some ugly on the outside, but the real ugliness was deep on the inside. And what sort of loser is the Mom? :eek:

Ironically, I didnt want the court guy to get involved, because I knew they had no jurisdiction on the street, but when I called 911 from the office to see if I could get a N.O. cop to meet me downstairs, it was like kicking over the ant hill at work as alarms went off in the US Marshal's office and all over the court complex. It was kinda funny after the fact, and the office manager said it was a good drill because nobody had actually known what would happen if anybody hit 911.

OUHOMER
12/15/2006, 08:24 AM
Its a shame you couldnt get the cops or the marshals to pull her out of her car and harass her for a few mintues.

TUSooner
12/15/2006, 08:30 AM
Its a shame you couldnt get the cops or the marshals to pull her out of her car and harass her for a few mintues.

Exactly, but the court security guy was, shall we say, "reticent," and the moment was lost. :(

SoonerJack
12/15/2006, 09:02 AM
http://www.answers.com/topic/hermione-gingold-jpg

^ picture of Hermione Gingold as Eulalie Mackechnie Shinn (from The Music Man).

"I am reticent. Oh yes, reticent."

OUDoc
12/15/2006, 09:18 AM
It's a shame they won't loan you one of these from time to time.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/85/M82rifle.jpg/250px-M82rifle.jpg

TUSooner
12/15/2006, 09:34 AM
Just to say... Court Security Officers are not to be confused with US Marshals. CSOs are mostly retired cop-types, gray-haired and, well.... reticent. The USMs are generally some impressive, buffed up, well-armed bad-asz younger dudes who could make Matt Dillon and Chuck Norris wet their britches. I would love to have seen a coupla marshals telling btch and mommy btch to get out of the vehicle with their hands up. :D

TUSooner
12/15/2006, 09:36 AM
It's a shame they won't loan you one of these from time to time.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/85/M82rifle.jpg/250px-M82rifle.jpg
Is that a Barrett .50 cal.? ooooo. the world does not want me to have one of those.

C&CDean
12/15/2006, 09:51 AM
And people wonder why I'm always armed.

I learned a very long time ago about traffic altercations. I was maybe 23-24, and was driving my truck home from working the graveyard shift in Tucson. Some dude in a big, brown Mercury passes me, then moves over in front of me and starts slowing down. I go to pass him, and he cuts over in front of me again. I honk my horn, and he gives me the finger and keeps jockeying in front of me.

I start pointing to the side of the road and mouth "pull over *******." He pulls over into a church parking lot. I pull in front of him and get out of my truck and start approaching his vehicle shouting "WTF is your problem?" He calmly gets out (dude's like 50, wearing a suit), reaches behind his seat, and comes out with a giant nickel-plated semi-automatic hand gun. He slides it out of the holster, and I make a world-record long jump back into my truck and start hauling *** down the road.

I look in my rearview, and dude is so close I can't see his headlights, and he's got that pistol hanging out the window. I blew a half-dozen stop signs, went through a school zone at about 90, and finally lost him. When I pulled up at home I ran inside, grabbed a shotgun, and opened the front window waiting for him to pull up. I happened to look down and noticed the shotgun was shaking so bad I couldn't even aim it. I was absolutely, completely, 100%, totally scared to ****ing death. There's something about looking down the barrell of a gun that does that to you.

So, what's my point? Arm the daughter. Teach her how to use it. The next time bleach-blonde blimpo harrasses her, she can pull over, reach into her purse, slide out a big ol' nickel plated .45, and stick it up under BBB's chin. I'll bet BBB doesn't harrass anybody any more. That **** will cure you.

TUSooner
12/15/2006, 09:55 AM
Dean -
I will take that under advisement. Seriously.

C&CDean
12/15/2006, 09:58 AM
Dean -
I will take that under advisement. Seriously.

And her having an attorney for a dad is a bonus. I pretty much live by that old credo of "I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6."

OklaPony
12/15/2006, 10:49 AM
I would have to think that drawing your weapon over a traffic incident probably wouldn't go over too well in court and is probably a great way to lose that C&C permit.

C&CDean
12/15/2006, 11:13 AM
I would have to think that drawing your weapon over a traffic incident probably wouldn't go over too well in court and is probably a great way to lose that C&C permit.

C&C permit? Are you kidding me? Why in the hell would anybody go get fingerprinted, background checked, take a class, etc. to legally carry a firearm?

Here's the deal. If I ever have to use one, do you think anybody gives a **** whether or not I have a permit? The permit only covers carrying the firearm in a concealed place. It doesn't do squat for discharging a firearm.

And drawing a weapon over a traffic incident just may well save your life. Have you seen the ****ing idiots out there during rush hour? We had a guy shot and killed in front of my work a year or two ago on Highway 9 because he cut somebody off.

Rhino
12/15/2006, 11:16 AM
He calmly gets out (dude's like 50, wearing a suit), reaches behind his seat, and comes out with a giant nickel-plated semi-automatic hand gun. He slides it out of the holster, and I make a world-record long jump back into my truck and start hauling *** down the road. You can take solace in the fact that he's probably dead now.

C&CDean
12/15/2006, 11:19 AM
You can take solace in the fact that he's probably dead now.

Yeah, and now I'm "like 50." As the world turns...

picasso
12/15/2006, 11:23 AM
it's a tough call. I've really found myself being quite critical of idiot drivers and letting them know about it. I don't mind when someone goofs but when they intentionally drive slowly in the passing lane or are all over the place and on the phone or as in last night in Tulsa, drive fast in the left lane in construction past all of us in the proper lane and then expect to be let in when the lane merges :mad: .....
I never plan on pulling over to air it out but I like to let folks know how stupid they is.
I remember riding with my Sis in Virginia once who let some idiot kids cut her off and she let it slide rather than getting shot at.:D

colleyvillesooner
12/15/2006, 11:23 AM
Maybe next time there's a robbery somewhere with no suspects, you anonymously call in and say you saw a gold Lexus with this license plate leaving the scene.

:D

Rhino
12/15/2006, 11:24 AM
Yeah, and now I'm "like 50." As the world turns... So, you drive a big, brown Mercury now?

TUSooner
12/15/2006, 11:28 AM
Maybe next time there's a robbery somewhere with no suspects, you anonymously call in and say you saw a gold Lexus with this license plate leaving the scene.

:D
That's beautiful... I mean TERRIBLE, yeah terrible.

:)

C&CDean
12/15/2006, 11:31 AM
So, you drive a big, brown Mercury now?

"If I had money I tell you what'd I do, I would, go downtown and buy a Mercury or two,
Cause I'm crazy bout' a Mercury, and I cruuuiiisse up and down this road,
I'm gonna buy me a Mercury now and cruiiissse up and down this road, up and down this road..."

sooner_born_1960
12/15/2006, 11:31 AM
Yeah, and now I'm "like 50." As the world turns...
Or, he's 76 or 77 and still looking for you. Maybe you should delete that post.

OklaPony
12/15/2006, 11:46 AM
C&C permit? Are you kidding me? Why in the hell would anybody go get fingerprinted, background checked, take a class, etc. to legally carry a firearm?

Here's the deal. If I ever have to use one, do you think anybody gives a **** whether or not I have a permit? The permit only covers carrying the firearm in a concealed place. It doesn't do squat for discharging a firearm.

And drawing a weapon over a traffic incident just may well save your life. Have you seen the ****ing idiots out there during rush hour? We had a guy shot and killed in front of my work a year or two ago on Highway 9 because he cut somebody off.
I wouldn't necessarily disagree that this path may well be a better choice for you (or for me, for that matter).

But, as it relates to TU's daughter, I think going through the proper training in the care and feeding of your personal weapon like you suggest here:

So, what's my point? Arm the daughter. Teach her how to use it.
and actually having a CC permit is a better choice for a young lady than running the risk of being pulled over for a traffic violation (or whatever reason) and being nailed for unlawful carry.

C&CDean
12/15/2006, 12:14 PM
I wouldn't necessarily disagree that this path may well be a better choice for you (or for me, for that matter).

But, as it relates to TU's daughter, I think going through the proper training in the care and feeding of your personal weapon like you suggest here:

and actually having a CC permit is a better choice for a young lady than running the risk of being pulled over for a traffic violation (or whatever reason) and being nailed for unlawful carry.

Perhaps. But they don't teach you how to "handle" a weapon efficiently. That would be up to dad.

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/15/2006, 12:34 PM
That dude on Sooner Rd. needs a good shootin'. :mad:

And a couple of times, I swear, I was angry enough to really want to inflict some serious bodliy harm on him. That stuff he was doing warranted way more than an butt-whippin'...

When I think about it, though I don't think he was breaking any laws. I could be wrong about that...

GottaHavePride
12/15/2006, 12:51 PM
That dude on Sooner Rd. needs a good shootin'. :mad:

And a couple of times, I swear, I was angry enough to really want to inflict some serious bodliy harm on him. That stuff he was doing warranted way more than an butt-whippin'...

When I think about it, though I don't think he was breaking any laws. I could be wrong about that...

Reckless driving - endangering others.

Frozen Sooner
12/15/2006, 12:54 PM
Any more, I just try to drive as carefully as I can. Too many jerkholes out there who're convinced they're immortal.

I'm with Dean. Carry a gun in the car. I sure as hell do.

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/15/2006, 12:55 PM
Or he could be guilty of making me want to run him off the road, yanking his scrawny arse out of his car and beat him about the head and shoulders with a tire iron until he slowly expires in a heap of trembling, whimpering, bloody, bubbling death.

That's gotta be one expensive ticket.

Fugue
12/15/2006, 01:02 PM
Or he could be guilty of making me want to run him off the road, yanking his scrawny arse out of his car and beat him about the head and shoulders with a tire iron until he slowly expires in a heap of trembling, whimpering, bloody, bubbling death.

:hot:

TUSooner
12/15/2006, 01:19 PM

Y'know, Dean has posted his road rage story before, and I have to say I remember it very well every frEEEkin time somebody does some crazy driving stuff to p!ss me off. In fact, Dean's story may have even saved my life.

As for TU daughter & gun. I used to enjoy shooting immensely, from pellet guns to Kalashnikovs, even though I never shot anything bigger than a possum. (Birds feared me and my Winchester .22 pellet gun back in the day.) But I only have one surely working firearm in the house, and it hasn't been fired in 30 years. Maybe we'll have to spend some time in OK with "Uncle jerk" and "Uncle Dean" to see if we can't all get back up to speed. ;)

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/15/2006, 01:22 PM
My Dad is always telling me I need to carry a small handgun in my car. It may sit in my glovebox and never be touched but that one time I need it it could save my life.

I just hate that thought. I hate the thought that I actually need a gun. It makes me sad.

Taxman71
12/15/2006, 01:24 PM
Everyone just needs to move to the great state of Oklahoma where we have the "Stand Your Ground" law. It's like a 007 license to kill.

C&CDean
12/15/2006, 01:24 PM
Y'know, Dean has posted his road rage story before, and I have to say I remember it very well every frEEEkin time somebody does some crazy driving stuff to p!ss me off. In fact, Dean's story may have even saved my life.

As for TU daughter & gun. I used to enjoy shooting immensely, from pellet guns to Kalashnikovs, even though I never shot anything bigger than a possum. (Birds feared me and my Winchester .22 pellet gun back in the day.) But I only have one surely working firearm in the house, and it hasn't been fired in 30 years. Maybe we'll have to spend some time in OK with "Uncle jerk" and "Uncle Dean" to see if we can't all get back up to speed. ;)

I've got the shooting range at the house. There's the very best gun shop in Oklahoma exactly 6 miles west of my house (even on the same road I live on). He's a Ruger dealer, but sells lots of used firearms as well. Good gunsmith too. Come on up with the daughter, spend a day, and she'll be henceforth and forever more known as Rambette.

Next time the BBB jacks with Rambette, and Rambette draws a bead on her forehead, that nasty thong BBB is wearing will get sucked so far up inside her she'll need a thongectomy to remove it.

C&CDean
12/15/2006, 01:30 PM
My Dad is always telling me I need to carry a small handgun in my car. It may sit in my glovebox and never be touched but that one time I need it it could save my life.

I just hate that thought. I hate the thought that I actually need a gun. It makes me sad.

Yeah, I hate it too. Why are there so many *******s out there who need killin'?

And your dad is partially correct. You need to carry a handgun in your car, but not a "small" one. Little guns get people hurt. I always suggest double-action revolvers in at least a .38 caliber for women. No automatics. All those .22s, .25s, .32s, and 380 autos will just get you hurt.

You put your .357 revolver in there with one empty chamber under the hammer. That way if it gets dropped or something it won't go off. In a panic situation you can just pull the trigger, or **** it and then fire. If you manage to hit what you're aiming at, it will go down like the sack of **** it is.

C&CDean
12/15/2006, 01:31 PM
Heh. The cussin' filter blocked out "**** the hammer." That's funny right there.

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/15/2006, 01:59 PM
He said I need a .38, too. I guess my inner-hillbilly thinks that's small. :D

He used to have a Browning nickel-plated .38 that was really a pretty gun. He tried to make me carry it but I just didn't want to.

Heh. We can say '*******'...which is good because that's one of the funniest words to see all spelled-out.

Viking Kitten
12/15/2006, 02:14 PM
You know why I'd never carry a gun in my car? Because I might actually use it on someone. Seriously. You ever been in one of those situations where another driver makes a mistake that endangers your life, then the mistake-maker flips you the bird? That happened to me recently with my kids in the car. I was so enraged I actually had to pull over til I calmed down.

I'm glad I wasn't in your shoes yesterday TU. It would have gotten ugly.

OUDoc
12/15/2006, 02:16 PM

You could just stuff Dean in the glove box, but I think the gun would be easier.

Mjcpr
12/15/2006, 02:17 PM
You know why I'd never carry a gun in my car? Because I might actually use it on someone. Seriously. You ever been in one of those situations where another driver makes a mistake that endangers your life, then the mistake-maker flips you the bird? That happened to me recently with my kids in the car. I was so enraged I actually had to pull over til I calmed down.

You really should probably reconsider the whole driving thing all together.

BlondeSoonerGirl
You could just stuff Dean in the glove box, but I think the gun would be easier.

Everyone needs their own Dean.

Seriously...

colleyvillesooner
You really should probably reconsider the whole driving thing all together.

It'd prolly be safer for all species. :D

Mjcpr
12/15/2006, 02:18 PM
It'd prolly be safer for all species. :D

Is concrete a species too?

BeetDigger
12/15/2006, 02:25 PM

The understatment of the day. Have you seen his shoes?

Fugue
12/15/2006, 02:29 PM

Yes, this happened 2 days ago. A-hole tried to make a left turn out of the middle lane of a 3-lane one way street. They could tell I was po'd as I slammed on the brakes behind them so they flipped me off. What the crap?
Instead of getting angry I did this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/harleysgal62/Smilies/New/bitenails.gif

It worked beautifully. Thanks Pat. :D

C&CDean
12/15/2006, 02:29 PM

No, no, NO!! You carry a gun for defensive purposes to use against those idiots who carry one for offensive purposes. Get it?

What's great about being armed is this: Say Mr. Bonerface cuts you off and then flips the bird after endangering your car load of kids. You smile, because you know if it did escalate, and Mr. Bonerface does hit you, or gets out of his vehicle and attempts to assault you, you do your best Clint and say "go ahead bonerface, make this bitch's day."

You will giggle when he wets his chinos, and best of all, nobody will be hurting you or your babies any time soon.

Frozen Sooner
12/15/2006, 02:36 PM
My favorite constant traffic irritation is this one:

Some days I take Benson Boulevard to the New Seward Highway to get home. There's an exit off the New Seward that hits a road that passes right in front of my house, so it's pretty convenient. Now, Benson is five lanes heading east one way, and I need to turn right at the New Seward. There are two lanes from which it is permissable to turn right from Benson to New Seward-a turn only lane and a "go forward OR turn right" lane.

I need to be in the second lane from the right on the New Seward, as the far right lane turns into an exit-only lane before my exit.

EVERY DAMN TIME I turn from the second lane from the right to the second lane from the right (i.e. a legal turn) some ******* from the far right lane tries to plow into me because they want to turn into the far left lane. And they ALWAYS get ****ed at ME.

C&CDean
12/15/2006, 02:38 PM
OK. Seriously, it's gotta be the same dude cause what are there, like 9 drivers in Alaska?

Fugue
12/15/2006, 02:39 PM

Some days I take Benson Boulevard to the New Seward Highway to get home. There's an exit off the New Seward that hits a road that passes right in front of my house, so it's pretty convenient. Now, Benson is five lanes heading east one way, and I need to turn right at the New Seward. There are two lanes from which it is permissable to turn right from Benson to New Seward-a turn only lane and a "go forward OR turn right" lane.

I need to be in the second lane from the right on the New Seward, as the far right lane turns into an exit-only lane before my exit.

EVERY DAMN TIME I turn from the second lane from the right to the second lane from the right (i.e. a legal turn) some ******* from the far right lane tries to plow into me because they want to turn into the far left lane. And they ALWAYS get ****ed at ME.

there is an intersection in downtown Wichitittay that has this exact problem and every f'n day the same type of a-hole tries to make that turn and causes a wreck. I'm not joking, it's every f'n day.

Pricetag
12/15/2006, 02:40 PM
You ever been in one of those situations where another driver makes a mistake that endangers your life, then the mistake-maker flips you the bird?
I actually had to do this to a guy a couple months back.

I was making a right turn out of a parking lot with an intersection not far to the left. I incorrectly figured that the light was changing, and started to pull out. It was my mistake.

A guy coming toward me from the intersection had to hit the breaks. However, instead of continuing on and cussing me all the way to the next light, which was totally within his right to do, and what I would have done in his place, he stops his car in front of me, so he can point at me and shout me down to my face.

This went beyond the limits of good taste, IMO. It wasn't even necessary to stop the car--I wasn't in the street. It was an a-hole move on his part, so I gave him the wicked digit. He completely blew his top then, and although he had started down the street by now, I think was motioning for me to pull over.

I didn't bother. I felt fully justified in what I had done, even though it's generally considered bad form.

Viking Kitten
12/15/2006, 02:41 PM
No, no, NO!! You carry a gun for defensive purposes to use against those idiots who carry one for offensive purposes. Get it?

Right. I understand the theory. However, I also know the chances of some ******* causing me to become enraged out of my mind are much greater than the likelihood of anyone actually pulling a gun on me. :D

Frozen Sooner
12/15/2006, 02:44 PM
OK. Seriously, it's gotta be the same dude cause what are there, like 9 drivers in Alaska?

10. Krista finally passed the test.

C&CDean
12/15/2006, 02:44 PM
Right. I understand the theory. However, I also know the chances of some ******* causing me to become enraged out of my mind are much greater than the likelihood of anyone actually pulling a gun on me. :D

But simply having the gun becomes your tranquilizer. Your rage is caused by your helplessness. When you're armed, you are no longer helpless. You smile, you blow him a little kiss, maybe a wink, and wave. Why? Cause you are his master and he doesn't even know it.

Viking Kitten
12/15/2006, 02:47 PM
Knowing I've got a gun I can't actually use on someone would make me even angrier.

C&CDean
12/15/2006, 02:48 PM
Knowing I've got a gun I can't actually use on someone would make me even angrier.

OK. I give up. You go ahead on teaching your kids 4-letter words and 1-digit salutes. And you can use it - if you need to.

Frozen Sooner
12/15/2006, 02:49 PM
there is an intersection in downtown Wichitittay that has this exact problem and every f'n day the same type of a-hole tries to make that turn and causes a wreck. I'm not joking, it's every f'n day.

Man, I really don't want to get in a wreck. The car is supposedly worth more than the minimum limits of liability up here, and I'm relatively sure that most of these a-holes carry minimum.

People, please-carry more than the state-mandated limits of liability (or deposit more in your financial responsibility account than the state-mandated minimum.) When you think about how much cars cost these days, it's pretty easy to run out of limit in a hurry. In fact, just go ahead and get a million dollar umbrella.

colleyvillesooner
12/15/2006, 02:50 PM

This a visual? ;) (bored at work)

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4991/untitledgg2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Mongo
12/15/2006, 02:51 PM
But simply having the gun becomes your tranquilizer. Your rage is caused by your helplessness. When you're armed, you are no longer helpless. You smile, you blow him a little kiss, maybe a wink, and wave. Why? Cause you are his master and he doesn't even know it.

You are using rational thinking and understanding, but a woman does not have this same thought process and would use the gun in an bad way.:D

<running away>

Frozen Sooner
12/15/2006, 02:52 PM
This a visual? ;) (bored at work)

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4991/untitledgg2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

No, it looks nothing like a red x.

(Imageshack is blocked at work.)

TheHumanAlphabet
12/15/2006, 02:54 PM
TU, you have the fat, ugly ho's info...I'd file a protection order against the ho. Dragging her to court will cool her down.

Petro-Sooner
12/15/2006, 02:55 PM

Now thats good **** right there. I tell ya what. :texan:

colleyvillesooner
12/15/2006, 02:57 PM
No, it looks nothing like a red x.

(Imageshack is blocked at work.)

How about this:

http://colleyvillesooner.com/untitled.jpg

C&CDean
12/15/2006, 02:58 PM
It's goose**** huh?

Viking Kitten
12/15/2006, 03:00 PM
You are using rational thinking and understanding, but a woman does not have this same thought process and would use the gun in an bad way.:D

<running away>

******* drivers and traffic make me irrational. I ain't gonna argue with you.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/15/2006, 04:38 PM
I get road rage so bad. It's therapeutic to just cuss them out from my car. I think BSG has been in the vehicle with me to experience this.

A gun would not be a good idea for me.

SoonerInKCMO
12/15/2006, 04:49 PM
Here's my question for the gun promoters that relates to the original premise of the thread: if TU's daughter becomes a shaking, sobbing wreck because two old ladies in a Lexus are following her, how in holy hell do you expect her to pull a gun on someone?

Frozen Sooner
12/15/2006, 07:14 PM
How about this:

http://colleyvillesooner.com/untitled.jpg

Well, my car is black. But yes.

GoogleEarth is creepy.

StoopTroup
12/15/2006, 07:35 PM
TU, you have the fat, ugly ho's info...I'd file a protection order against the ho. Dragging her to court will cool her down.
Best Idea Yet.

I used to carry. The job I had required me to make bank deposits.

There were times I might have $30,000.00 on cash on me.

I'm sure glad folks don't have to do that anymore. There were a few times I thought someone was going to try and make a hit on us. I always had another employee follow with a Dan Wesson .357 Magnum.

Dean is right about the fact that you change your perspective in Life once someone holds a firearm to your head. I don't blame him for carrying.

Taking someones life would suck...but the alternative of being carried by 6 is definitely something you have to consider anymore.

As I work on Federal Property, I can't carry at all. I've gotten used to it by trying to avoid the situations that get you in trouble. I don't ever make eye contact with another crazy driver...no flipping the bird...no WTF?...just back off and get out of their way. I believe the statistic of someone else getting them later is on my side. :D

Sooner_Bob
12/15/2006, 08:15 PM

I almost chunked a 20 oz. bottle of Dr. Pepper at some jerk who was trying to pass 3 or 4 of us and then forced his way in front of me and my family. If it hadn't have been for my wife grabbing it out of my hand I would've tossed that thing at him and not thought twice.

BeetDigger
12/15/2006, 09:19 PM
I almost chunked a 20 oz. bottle of Dr. Pepper at some jerk who was trying to pass 3 or 4 of us and then forced his way in front of me and my family. If it hadn't have been for my wife grabbing it out of my hand I would've tossed that thing at him and not thought twice.

I don't like Dr. Pepper either.

:texan:

olevetonahill
12/15/2006, 11:49 PM
Just shoot the beatch then your Daughter dont gotta !

Ash
12/16/2006, 12:16 AM
And people wonder why I'm always armed.

I learned a very long time ago about traffic altercations. I was maybe 23-24, and was driving my truck home from working the graveyard shift in Tucson. Some dude in a big, brown Mercury passes me, then moves over in front of me and starts slowing down. I go to pass him, and he cuts over in front of me again. I honk my horn, and he gives me the finger and keeps jockeying in front of me.

I start pointing to the side of the road and mouth "pull over *******." He pulls over into a church parking lot. I pull in front of him and get out of my truck and start approaching his vehicle shouting "WTF is your problem?" He calmly gets out (dude's like 50, wearing a suit), reaches behind his seat, and comes out with a giant nickel-plated semi-automatic hand gun. He slides it out of the holster, and I make a world-record long jump back into my truck and start hauling *** down the road.

I look in my rearview, and dude is so close I can't see his headlights, and he's got that pistol hanging out the window. I blew a half-dozen stop signs, went through a school zone at about 90, and finally lost him. When I pulled up at home I ran inside, grabbed a shotgun, and opened the front window waiting for him to pull up. I happened to look down and noticed the shotgun was shaking so bad I couldn't even aim it. I was absolutely, completely, 100%, totally scared to ****ing death. There's something about looking down the barrell of a gun that does that to you.

So, what's my point? Arm the daughter. Teach her how to use it. The next time bleach-blonde blimpo harrasses her, she can pull over, reach into her purse, slide out a big ol' nickel plated .45, and stick it up under BBB's chin. I'll bet BBB doesn't harrass anybody any more. That **** will cure you.

I might know this guy, Dean...well, prolly not.

But, when I worked in that part of the world, there were quite a few retired vets around at the job (yes, I worked at a retirement community, fixin' old folks homes, pre-edumuhcashun years). They all carried. But one guy was particularly...shall we say...eager.

Don't get me wrong, normally he was a great guy, WWII vet, European theater, disabled, told the funniest jokes (totally non-PC).

Anyway, he packed a .45 in his car, specifically in fear of getting car jacked, but he was always willing to pull it out for any "effin' a-hole" that crossed his path. Your story reminded of him.

I've never carried. But I did sleep with a .38 under my pillow at one point in my younger years when I lived in a real **** hole of a place. The kind of place where you could hear the gun shots of the drive-bys down the street, there were bullet holes in my neighbors wall, etc., etc. No AC in my place, so i had to sleep in the summers with the windows open (no security bars) or wake up in a pool of sweat. It's not the most powerful weapon out there, but it made me feel better knowing if some fool got brave I'd have at least enough to stop him.

Zbird
12/16/2006, 03:54 PM

Which, if I'm not mistaken, since the passage of the concealed carry law has changed from misdemeanor to felony. That's why I went ahead and got mine after a lot of years carrying w/o license.

Zbird
12/16/2006, 04:04 PM

Just depends, we talking dogsleds, snowmobiles, or autos?