PDA

View Full Version : This year's flu shot vaccine really works!!!!!

BeetDigger
12/14/2006, 02:28 PM
I got a shot on Tuesday and last night I came down with the flu. :mad:

Motrin is doing it's best to hold the aches and fever at bay.

colleyvillesooner
12/14/2006, 02:28 PM
Flu shots are for suckers, right Dean?

bri
12/14/2006, 02:36 PM
Dude, you suck at being immunized.

Frozen Sooner
12/14/2006, 02:43 PM
I got a shot on Tuesday and last night I came down with the flu. :mad:

Motrin is doing it's best to hold the aches and fever at bay.

You cannot get the flu from a flu shot.

However, it does take a few days to actually, you know, work. So if you had already contracted the flu, you're pretty much SOL.

fadada1
12/14/2006, 02:49 PM
flue shots are the oldest trick in the book.

dolemitesooner
12/14/2006, 03:27 PM
THEY HELP NOTHGINGA;KLSFGN..BITCH AS FLU MOTHER ****IN MAKIN HPIIE *** LIBERAL DEMOCRAT BABBY KILLIN PEICE OF ****S

C&CDean
12/14/2006, 03:36 PM
You cannot get the flu from a flu shot.

However, it does take a few days to actually, you know, work. So if you had already contracted the flu, you're pretty much SOL.

And you know this how? Oh, cause a doctor said so? A whole group of doctors said so? They said "it's not a live vaccine, therefore you cannot catch the flu from it?"

Try to remember that these are the same doctors who said Fen-Fen is great, cocaine isn't addictive, and eating liver is good for you.

I have gotten one flu shot in my life. 1975 or 76. It was forced upon me when I was in the Army. I have never been so sick before - or since. From 1976 until now, I have caught the flu two times. Once in 1987, and once a year or two ago. Both of those times were also "flu shots."

I simply do not believe the lying bastards who are making billions of $$ off John Q. Cracker's paranoia. The drug companies and docs are in cahoots, and you sheeple stand in line to pay your $20 to get stuck with some needle full of flu. Go ahead on. You can have mine too if you want it.

yermom
12/14/2006, 03:43 PM
never had one... don't plan on it any time in the near future

Frozen Sooner
12/14/2006, 03:44 PM
Yes, Dean, I know this because the overwhelming majority of doctors have told me that the flu vaccine cannot give you the flu. I know this because I know that a broken strand of virus cannot infect you with the full virus-it's frankly impossible.

Sure, there's people who have caught the flu after getting a flu shot, but I'd be willing to wager that either A) the strain of flu wasn't the one that they were vaccinated for or B) they already had the flu or caught it before their immune system could manifucature antibodies in response to the vaccine. Coincidence isn't causality. It's much more likely that you were allergic to eggs than it was that the broken flu virii gave you the flu.

By the way, I have never once caught the flu the same year I was vaccinated. I have caught it almost every single year that I have not. So thank you for your share.

bri
12/14/2006, 03:47 PM
I got a free flu shot at work. I'm not sick.

The end. :D

C&CDean
12/14/2006, 03:50 PM
Yes, Dean, I know this because the overwhelming majority of doctors have told me that the flu vaccine cannot give you the flu. I know this because I know that a broken strand of virus cannot infect you with the full virus-it's frankly impossible.

Sure, there's people who have caught the flu after getting a flu shot, but I'd be willing to wager that either A) the strain of flu wasn't the one that they were vaccinated for or B) they already had the flu or caught it before their immune system could manifucature antibodies in response to the vaccine. Coincidence isn't causality. It's much more likely that you were allergic to eggs than it was that the broken flu virii gave you the flu.

By the way, I have never once caught the flu the same year I was vaccinated. I have caught it almost every single year that I have not. So thank you for your share.

Let's see. I've had one shot - and have had the flu 3 times in my 49+ year life (one time the year I got the shot). You, on the other hand, have caught the flu every year you haven't been vaccinated. So, what you're telling me is that you either a) get vaccinated every year and have never caught it, or b) have caught it a ****pot of times.

Either way it doesn't really matter. What matters is this: Why in the ****ing hell would I even take a chance sticking something in my body that a group of whackos tells me won't hurt me? What's the point? Oh, to not catch the flu? Well guess what? That ol' flu mutates. The shot they gave you last year, or maybe even this year, won't protect you against some strains of the virus. The reality is "if your number's up, your number's up."

So, I eat well, work hard, and dare the flu to get me. But hey, that's me.

BoogercountySooner
12/14/2006, 03:51 PM
Using a Chainsaw while standing on a front end loader of a tractor fully extended in the air does not cause the flu either. It could make you wish you had the Flu that day though! Or was it know how to fly! Fly, Flu Heh.

C&CDean
12/14/2006, 03:56 PM
Using a Chainsaw while standing on a front end loader of a tractor fully extended in the air does not cause the flu either. It could make you wish you had the Flu that day though! Or was it know how to fly! Fly, Flu Heh.

Yeah, but I KNOW the chainsaw is going to hurt me when I stick it in my skin. Froze thinks if he takes a chainsaw shot it makes him chainsaw proof.

BoogercountySooner
12/14/2006, 04:00 PM
Would that event be one of your Hillbilly moments Dean?

C&CDean
12/14/2006, 04:04 PM
Would that event be one of your Hillbilly moments Dean?

Sure. One of a brazillion.

Rhino
12/14/2006, 04:20 PM
A flu shot might help protect you from one of the strains of the flu, but in no way will it prevent you from getting the flu. Especially if you get infected with one of the strains that wasn't mixed into your flu shot.

BoogercountySooner
12/14/2006, 04:22 PM
The Strains are all forcasted then the vaccine developed sometimes they get it some times not.

OU4LIFE
12/14/2006, 04:24 PM
I'll just go ahead and trust Gdog, and since he's gives himself the shot as well it seems to be pretty safe. The dude is 94...I don't think he's gonna be taking any chances.

OU4LIFE
12/14/2006, 04:25 PM
oh, and Gdog is my grandfather, the Dr.

BeetDigger
12/14/2006, 04:27 PM
I don't know if you can or cannot get the flu from the shot. However, the doctors I have spoken with since have told me that mine is a reaction that occurs in people. And given that the reaction has all of the same symptoms that I get when I have the flu, I don't give a crap whether it is the flu or the "flu", all I know is that it made me feel like crap, just like the flu does. So I am with Dean on this, screw it next year, I'm just going without and will let the flu hunt me down.

I only got one this year as my father is coming to be with us for a few weeks and everyone is getting a shot. My dad is battling leukemia and has the chemo poison running around his body and his white blood cell count is about 1/5th of what it should be. He doesn't need us being sick around him. I will also take every precaution I can to minimize the chances of a cold while he is here. If he is going to die, I would prefer it not be from one of us giving him an illness that causes pnuemonia.

C&CDean
12/14/2006, 04:35 PM
I'll just go ahead and trust Gdog, and since he's gives himself the shot as well it seems to be pretty safe. The dude is 94...I don't think he's gonna be taking any chances.

Dude, my grand dad drank a bottle (or more) of cheap whiskey every day and smoked roll-your-own Buglers his entire life. He lived to be 90. I really don't think him "giving himself shots of bourbon" extended his life, and I really don't recommend his lifestyle if living to be 90 is your goal.

Frozen Sooner
12/14/2006, 04:54 PM
Yeah, but I KNOW the chainsaw is going to hurt me when I stick it in my skin. Froze thinks if he takes a chainsaw shot it makes him chainsaw proof.

Funny you should mention that, Dean, as while I don't believe there's a such thing as a chainsaw shot, I won't be developing tetanus from a chainsaw injury. You Scientologist types might, though.

Mjcpr
12/14/2006, 04:56 PM
HE SAID TIT ANUS!!

RFH Shakes
12/14/2006, 05:07 PM
And you know this how? Oh, cause a doctor said so? A whole group of doctors said so? They said "it's not a live vaccine, therefore you cannot catch the flu from it?"

Try to remember that these are the same doctors who said Fen-Fen is great, cocaine isn't addictive, and eating liver is good for you.

I have gotten one flu shot in my life. 1975 or 76. It was forced upon me when I was in the Army. I have never been so sick before - or since. From 1976 until now, I have caught the flu two times. Once in 1987, and once a year or two ago. Both of those times were also "flu shots."

I simply do not believe the lying bastards who are making billions of $$ off John Q. Cracker's paranoia. The drug companies and docs are in cahoots, and you sheeple stand in line to pay your $20 to get stuck with some needle full of flu. Go ahead on. You can have mine too if you want it.

Yeah, same here, the last time I had a flu shot (7-8 years ago) coincidently (sp?) was the last time I had the flu.
Like I always say that is why they call it a "practice".

olevetonahill
12/14/2006, 05:15 PM
I got gunshot once , It didnt make me bullet proof, cause that same yr I got shot 3 more times :eek:

GottaHavePride
12/14/2006, 05:47 PM
Doctors always tell me flu shots aren't dead copies of the virus, they're weakened copies of the virus. And while you won't get the flu from them, they DO weaken your immune system enough that other non-flu things have a lot easier time grabbing you. All through high school and even my first couple of years of college I used to get sick every winter like clockwork. that hasn't happened since I stopped getting flu shots. Although yes, plenty of other weird **** keeps going wrong with me, but it's all pretty tame in comparison.

Frozen Sooner
12/14/2006, 05:52 PM
GHP-

According to the CDC, flu shots are dead viruses.

However, the nasal spray contains live viruses.

Studies show that infection rates of other, non-flu disease or viruses are no greater among those who have had flu shots than those who don't with a 99.9% confidence interval.

GottaHavePride
12/14/2006, 05:53 PM
Well, either way - I get sicker when I get the shot.

Frozen Sooner
12/14/2006, 05:58 PM
Not saying that this is the case for you, but a lot of people confuse the body's reaction to the flu vaccine with the flu itself. Your body will ache a bit and you'll run a slight fever for a few days as your immune system reacts to the foreign bodies.

soonerboomer93
12/14/2006, 06:01 PM
We are required to get a flu shot here. ****ing H5N1

BeetDigger
12/14/2006, 07:56 PM
Not saying that this is the case for you, but a lot of people confuse the body's reaction to the flu vaccine with the flu itself. Your body will ache a bit and you'll run a slight fever for a few days as your immune system reacts to the foreign bodies.

The flu makes me feel like crap. The flu shot made me feel like crap. So what's the difference?

Frozen Sooner
12/14/2006, 07:58 PM
One can be fatal.

One is communicable.

One causes diarrhea and vomiting.

Hint: The one I'm talking about here generally doesn't get administered by a doctor.

Jerk
12/14/2006, 08:01 PM
I got one for maybe the second time in my life this past Tuesday, and I ain't sick yet. I really didn't want it, and I told the Doc, "Do I really need this?" The Doc, a Syrian immigrant who happens to be Christian, says in his accent, "Does your truck need a brake?"

Well, I got it, but I won't make a yearly habbit of it.

BTW- this Doc has helped me alot with my recent health problems...his name is Dr Nasr, his family practice is at Mercy in OKC.

BeetDigger
12/15/2006, 12:18 AM
One can be fatal.

One is communicable.

Hint: The one I'm talking about here generally doesn't get administered by a doctor.

You're not listening. The flu shot causes me to feel just like I have the flu.

critical_phil
12/15/2006, 03:07 AM
http://www.call-in-sick.com/

OU4LIFE
12/15/2006, 08:20 AM
some people just have weak constitutions.

:D

OUDoc
12/15/2006, 09:02 AM
Glad I missed this thread.

C&CDean
12/15/2006, 09:39 AM
One can be fatal.

One is communicable.

Dude, the "flu" does NOT cause diarrhea and vomiting. It causes aches, pains, chills, fever, headache, respiratory difficulties, etc. I think you're mixing up the flu with salmonella/e-coli/food poisoning/hangover.

And did you call me a scientologist? The only thing I know about scientology is that Tom Cruise is one and he's a ****ing whack job. So WTF is that ****?

After I stuck the chainsaw in my leg I did get a tetanus shot. Which is probably the 20th tetanus shot I've had in my life. Guess what? I've never had tetanus or lockjaw. With or without the shot. So I'm not sure what your point is, and I don't think you are either.

stonecoldsoonerfan
12/15/2006, 09:41 AM
the thing i hate about dean is that he hemhaws around too much when he voices his opinion. i wish he would just speak up and say what's on his mind.

WILBURJIM
12/15/2006, 10:05 AM
I have never had a flu shot but, the last time I got stitches the doc asked if
I'd like a tetnus shot. Yeah, mom always said to keep current on your shots. Well, as he was giving me the shot, he says something about this won't hurt and it probably won't help either. WTF??? Doc? You mean this won't protect me?

Doc: I have my doubts.

Last time I got a shot.

Frozen Sooner
12/15/2006, 11:58 AM
Dude, the "flu" does NOT cause diarrhea and vomiting. It causes aches, pains, chills, fever, headache, respiratory difficulties, etc. I think you're mixing up the flu with salmonella/e-coli/food poisoning/hangover.

And did you call me a scientologist? The only thing I know about scientology is that Tom Cruise is one and he's a ****ing whack job. So WTF is that ****?

After I stuck the chainsaw in my leg I did get a tetanus shot. Which is probably the 20th tetanus shot I've had in my life. Guess what? I've never had tetanus or lockjaw. With or without the shot. So I'm not sure what your point is, and I don't think you are either.

I'm sorry, would you prefer Luddite?

My point is that I take precautions with my health. I ain't 100% about doing the best thing for my health all the time, but I don't sit around and act like I know more about it than the people who actually, you know, went to med school.

C&CDean
12/15/2006, 12:08 PM
I'm sorry, would you prefer Luddite?

My point is that I take precautions with my health. I ain't 100% about doing the best thing for my health all the time, but I don't sit around and act like I know more about it than the people who actually, you know, went to med school.

Now I'm a Luddite? I'm a hafta look that up...

I take precautions with my health too. Part of those precautions include questioning my doctor/s. If you have blind faith in doctors, you're simply not very smart. And I know that you ARE smart. I have an advanced degree in Human Relations. Scary, isn't it?

Doctors kill more people every year than all the diseases combined. They're human froze. They **** up. A lot. Especially when it comes to pharmaceuticals. Of course being human, they trust the drug companies who develop all this ****, so it really ain't their fault directly. There's just been way too many "wonder drugs" produced in the past 10-20 years that have turned out to be killers instead. And the flu vaccine/s are just another way for the drug companies to get into your pocket. If it makes you feel better to get a flu shot every year, go ahead. But when they find out 10 years from now it makes your **** turn into jello, don't come cryin' to me.

Scott D
12/15/2006, 12:11 PM
Dean's really holding out for an AIDS vaccine. He'd dying to have a partial strain of HIV injected into him ;)

yermom
12/15/2006, 12:14 PM
all you need for that are some gypsy tears

Scott D
12/15/2006, 12:17 PM
do you have any idea how long you have to beat a gypsy to get those?

yermom
12/15/2006, 12:20 PM
i really don't care

cracker
12/15/2006, 02:22 PM
It made my shoulder hurt.

Frozen Sooner
12/15/2006, 02:24 PM
It made my shoulder hurt.

Beating the gypsy or getting the shot?

cracker
12/15/2006, 02:26 PM
I've never heard it called "beating the gypsy".

Frozen Sooner
12/15/2006, 02:27 PM
:mad:

Don't get this thread deleted too.