PDA

View Full Version : My Six Yerar Old Said Something Very Sad Last Night

VeeJay
12/14/2006, 12:32 PM
Mrs. VJ had arranged for "Santa" to wrote a personalized letter to our daughter, and it arrived in the mail yesterday. Daughter read it out loud to us, then a few minutes later said "Allison (ten year old down the street) said Santa Claus is not real."

I looked at Mrs. VJ, and as usual, she had the perfect reply, "Well, some kids when they get older, stop believing in Santa Claus and maybe he doesn't come see them any more like he used to. But if you believe in Santa Claus in your heart, then yes he is real."

Daughter: "Well, I believe in him. I know he believes in me because he wrote me a letter."

One of those rare moments....

http://www.open.org/~hodge/Emoticons/Christmas_Tree_Smilies.gif

SOONERKAT
12/14/2006, 12:40 PM
I don't think that's sad at all. I have a six year old as well (see Av) and she and her brother are what makes this time of year the absolute best. Someday she will figure it out, but until then, enjoy what make having kids so entertaining.

(and tell Allison down the street to STFU!:mad:)

proud gonzo
12/14/2006, 12:42 PM
that's cute

sooner_born_1960
12/14/2006, 12:44 PM
Lucky you. I gotta wait for grandkids to get that feeling again.

Osce0la
12/14/2006, 12:47 PM
My son saw a guy dressed up as Santa at Wal Mart and absolutely loved him...Then we took him to have his picture made with Santa Claus about 2 weeks later and he was terrified :D

fadada1
12/14/2006, 12:51 PM
My son saw a guy dressed up as Santa at Wal Mart and absolutely loved him...Then we took him to have his picture made with Santa Claus about 2 weeks later and he was terrified :D
this might explain your son's reaction:

http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/1772/santapr1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Hot Rod
12/14/2006, 01:05 PM
Mrs VJ is a great mom with that reply.

LOL, Osce0la, my son thinks any guy with a white beard IS Santa.

Kat, well said...I love being a parent during this time of the year.

Beano's Fourth Chin
12/14/2006, 01:12 PM
I think the saddest part is that you covered the truth with a lie. Very sad that Allison down the street is being more honest with your children than you are.

Beano's Fourth Chin
12/14/2006, 01:12 PM
By the way, I'm kidding.

VeeJay
12/14/2006, 01:14 PM
If you can't base your relationship with your kids on a pack of lies, then what type of parent are you???

Osce0la
12/14/2006, 01:45 PM
If you can't base your relationship with your kids on a pack of lies, then what type of parent are you???
I agree, I mean it's not like she left the valet to baby sit her child while she and her dog went shopping or anything.

OU4LIFE
12/14/2006, 02:11 PM
By the way, I'm kidding.

TOO LATE, I already negged you into bolivian.

BeetDigger
12/14/2006, 02:26 PM
that's cute

You weren't supposed to see this thread. We know that you are young enough to still be in the dark about Santa and the tooth fairy.

Now, I sure hope Melo doesn't see this thread.

SoonerJack
12/14/2006, 02:39 PM
(and tell Allison down the street to STFU!:mad:)

"Allison, my daddy's friend, Soonerkat, told you to STFU."

sanantoniosooner
12/14/2006, 02:54 PM
Tell your daughter that the hot tub video is real also.

People will steal all your dreams if you let them.

85Sooner
12/14/2006, 06:25 PM
Mrs. VJ had arranged for "Santa" to wrote a personalized letter to our daughter, and it arrived in the mail yesterday. Daughter read it out loud to us, then a few minutes later said "Allison (ten year old down the street) said Santa Claus is not real."

I looked at Mrs. VJ, and as usual, she had the perfect reply, "Well, some kids when they get older, stop believing in Santa Claus and maybe he doesn't come see them any more like he used to. But if you believe in Santa Claus in your heart, then yes he is real."

Daughter: "Well, I believe in him. I know he believes in me because he wrote me a letter."

One of those rare moments....

http://www.open.org/~hodge/Emoticons/Christmas_Tree_Smilies.gif

Great catch Mrs. VJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!