PDA

View Full Version : Inside Slant On Boise State.....

Blues1
12/14/2006, 11:48 AM
LINK......some interesting points ---- (Maybe) --- :)

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/wac/bsu.htm

Still R'

JohnnyMack
12/14/2006, 12:12 PM
I'm telling you there is a serious mismatch between their secondary and our WRs/TEs. I know AD will be back, but we're going to exploit their secondary repeatedly as they're likely to sell out early to stop the run.

sooner518
12/14/2006, 01:41 PM
i hope we pass them to death. their front 7 (or 8) are going to be cheating up all day to stop our run. play action and throw to Kelly 10+ times.

SoonersEnFuego
12/14/2006, 03:04 PM
PeterSON not Petersen.

AzianSooner
12/14/2006, 04:27 PM
Boisee surely uses trick plays on us to gain yardage and scores.

Larry&Leisa
12/14/2006, 04:35 PM
Boisee surely uses trick plays on us to gain yardage and scores.

Scores ?? :confused:

Collier11
12/15/2006, 12:45 PM
This quote right here makes me think that if we jump on them early it could be over...
The Broncos, of course, know the Sooners' reputation for defense. Senior center Jadon Dailey seemed a little spooked after his first viewing of Oklahoma video.

"NFL front seven," he said, talking in bursts. "Big dudes. Fast. They can all play and run well. … That's why they're Oklahoma. They get guys like that."

Collier11
12/15/2006, 12:46 PM
they know we are big, strong, and fast...and if we jump out early and prove this and hit them in the mouth, they may just fold...I hope anyways cus I want to demoralize them and make a statement for next year that we are indeed...BACK!!!

BOOMERBRADLEY
12/15/2006, 12:49 PM
Here is to hoping they get spooked, but I also hope they don't eat up the underdog role and keep this a game.

Desert Sapper
12/15/2006, 01:13 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/big12/oklahoma.htm

The rest of the story.

Personally, I think the big mismatch will be between OUr O-Linemen and their undersized front seven. The thing to consider is that they've probably not played a team with the kind of line OUr O-Line has developed into, and they've certainly never even come close to playing against anybody like AD. I'm sure they are very fast, but fast only gets you there, it doesn't shed a block or make the tackle for you.

Their undersized secondary could be ripe for exploitation by our bigger receivers, too.

Their little running back could give us fits (Darren Sproles, anybody?), their O-Line is big and agile, and their QB is as consistent as anybody we've played this year.

starrca23
12/15/2006, 01:17 PM
He isn't as fast or quick as Sproles. If we play the run defense we are capable of we will win pretty easliy.

OUmillenium
12/15/2006, 01:18 PM
they know we are big, strong, and fast...and if we jump out early and prove this and hit them in the mouth, they may just fold...I hope anyways cus I want to demoralize them and make a statement for next year that we are indeed...BACK!!!

Word

OUster
12/15/2006, 01:41 PM
On a side note, the writer dude must have grown up in the potato state, 'cause he knows more about Boise football than any writer I have ever read. I was thinking it was either that...or he has an internet connection?

Desert Sapper
12/15/2006, 01:52 PM
He isn't as fast or quick as Sproles. If we play the run defense we are capable of we will win pretty easliy.

I was thinking the same thing, but the limited number of times I've seen this Ian Johnson kid (2 times -- Nevada and Fresno State), he's looked plenty fast and very elusive.

It reminds me of the Sproles thing, because nobody thought we would have much problem containing that little MotherF***er with OUr stellar '03 defense until he ran for 235 yards on us, made the defense concentrate on him, and let Ell Roberson throw 4 TDs.

Basically, I fear the very scenario that destroyed us in KC that year. We come in overconfident, we make mistakes, a little shifty running back finds all the holes, we overcorrect, we make more mistakes, their QB finds his receivers behind our secondary, and we lose to a huge underdog in a huge game on national TV.

I like it better if we come in with lots of respect for Johnson and Zabransky, we force them to make mistakes, we stomp a mudhole in them, and Paul Thompson hoists the ugliest bowl trophy in history after a blowout of Boise State in Glendale.

franklinjake
12/15/2006, 10:18 PM
If there was ever a game to not sit on a small lead and to run up the score......

DenverSooner751
12/16/2006, 04:27 PM
If there was ever a game to not sit on a small lead and to run up the score......

.........then it would be this one for sure!!! No taking a knee in the red zone during this one.

franklinjake
12/17/2006, 01:14 AM
.........then it would be this one for sure!!! No taking a knee in the red zone during this one.
Or spiking the ball in the red zone either (Bomar flashbacks)

FlatheadSooner
12/24/2006, 01:51 PM
I was thinking the same thing, but the limited number of times I've seen this Ian Johnson kid (2 times -- Nevada and Fresno State), he's looked plenty fast and very elusive.

It reminds me of the Sproles thing, because nobody thought we would have much problem containing that little MotherF***er with OUr stellar '03 defense until he ran for 235 yards on us, made the defense concentrate on him, and let Ell Roberson throw 4 TDs.

Basically, I fear the very scenario that destroyed us in KC that year. We come in overconfident, we make mistakes, a little shifty running back finds all the holes, we overcorrect, we make more mistakes, their QB finds his receivers behind our secondary, and we lose to a huge underdog in a huge game on national TV.

I like it better if we come in with lots of respect for Johnson and Zabransky, we force them to make mistakes, we stomp a mudhole in them, and Paul Thompson hoists the ugliest bowl trophy in history after a blowout of Boise State in Glendale.

If this type of scenario does happen, then I think the game will be close. However, I don't think BSU will be able to contain OUr offense with all of OUr weapons. This could make it a high scoring game. If OUr defense adjusts correctly, we should win convincingly. BOOMER!

Desert Sapper
12/24/2006, 03:40 PM
That's why I said I like it better if we come in with loads of respect for their team. If we come into Glendale like the 2003 team did to KC, we've already lost. Boise CAN beat us, and if we go in thinking they can't, they will. I guarantee they will throw everything at this D that they can and will execute like their lives depend on it. This is the biggest game these kids will probably ever play in. I can't really say the same thing about these Sooner players with total confidence. The bottom line is that OU needs to come in with the right attitude and not make mistakes.

Boise State Penguin
12/25/2006, 04:57 PM
Boise State can beat OU. You folks need to realize that.

FlatheadSooner
12/25/2006, 05:28 PM

Actually, we don't need to worry about much - maybe that the beer fridge is full. Now, hopefully the team is in the right frame of mind.
;)

MeanGreenGene
12/25/2006, 06:32 PM
You're just lucky you aren't playing the Mean Green, troll.

OU Adonis
12/25/2006, 06:37 PM
Inside slant? Why not run the flag route instead. I think 4 can hang.

franklinjake
12/25/2006, 10:57 PM

Yeah, if our team doesn't show up and our waterboys play........ Who all did Boise State play again????? Texas, Missouri, Nebraska, A&M, Tech, etc, oh yeah, that was our schedule.

Boise State - Sac St, Wyoming, Utah, La Tech, New Mexico State, Idaho, Utah State, Nevada, etc. What a freaking joke of a schedule.....

If this is all you need for schedule strength to be in a BCS game, then what is OU doing playing one of the hardest schedules in the nation year in and year out? I can't wait for Boise State to get spanked in front of the nation!!!!! Ha ha ha, I cannot wait!

MeanGreenGene
12/26/2006, 09:47 AM
Hee hee. Now somebody negspeked me for talking smack, not to OU fans, BUT TO THE BOISE STATE PENGUIN!!! :D

Oh yeah, and of course, it was anonymously. Sissy. :P

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/26/2006, 09:55 AM

Sea Lions eat penguin. You need to realize that.

MeanGreenGene
12/26/2006, 09:58 AM
CAN'T A MAN TALK SMACK TO A BOISE STATE PENGUIN FERCRYINOUTLOUD??!!??! :D

Desert Sapper
12/27/2006, 12:47 PM
Strength of schedule doesn't dictate how good a team is. It dictates how good that team's competition was. Boise hammered most of the crappy teams they played.

Comparative Examples:

Cal beat Oregon State 41-13 in Corvallis
Boise beat Oregon State 42-14 in Smurfland

UCLA beat Utah 31-10 in LA
Boise beat Utah 36-3 in SLC

Arizona State beat Nevada 52-21 in Tempe
Boise beat Nevada 38-7 in Reno

LSU beat Fresno State 38-6 in Baton Rouge
Boise beat Fresno State 45-21 in Smurfland

Arkansas beat Utah State 20-0 in Fayetteville
Boise beat Utah State 49-10 in Smurfland

Nebraska beat La la Tech 49-10 in Lincoln
Boise beat La la Tech 55-14 in Smurfland

I'm not giving credit to the weaksauce Boise schedule, but I am giving credit to the way they played that schedule. Only three teams on their schedule played Boise close:

San Jose State, who beat New Mexico 20-12 in the New Mexico Bowl
Hawaii, who beat Arizona State 42-24 in the Hawaii Bowl
and Wyoming, whose 6-6 record kept them out of bowl contention (like KU)

Boise is a very good and very well-coached team. They are also coming into the game with a very big chip on their shoulder. Be careful about writing them off.

I remember (and I'm sure some of you do, too) walking around Norman the weekend of the OSU game in 2001 and everybody was talking about having their tickets to the Big XII CCG. I remember in 2003 when we said K-State didn't even deserve to be on the same field as the greatest team in the history of all creation. I remember everybody talking about SUC and their weaksauce conference schedule (that somehow made them inferior) in 2004. You'd think we'd have learned the humility lesson by now. Any team can beat you in any given game if you don't play like a champion. Let's all hope the team is taking these guys as serious as a heart attack. Let's all hope PT, AD, Malcolm, Joe Jon, Ruuufus, Zach, Reggie, Bird, and the rest of the Sooners play like Champions on the first night of the New Year. Let's all hope we can begin 2007 as Fiesta Bowl Champions.

bbx4u
12/27/2006, 01:21 PM
Words for the day;

Hubris

Schadenfreude

http://dictionary.reference.com/

Collier11
12/27/2006, 01:21 PM
Strength of schedule doesn't dictate how good a team is. It dictates how good that team's competition was. Boise hammered most of the crappy teams they played.

Comparative Examples:

Cal beat Oregon State 41-13 in Corvallis
Boise beat Oregon State 42-14 in Smurfland

UCLA beat Utah 31-10 in LA
Boise beat Utah 36-3 in SLC

Arizona State beat Nevada 52-21 in Tempe
Boise beat Nevada 38-7 in Reno

LSU beat Fresno State 38-6 in Baton Rouge
Boise beat Fresno State 45-21 in Smurfland

Arkansas beat Utah State 20-0 in Fayetteville
Boise beat Utah State 49-10 in Smurfland

While I see where you are going with this, you know as well as I do that comparitive schedules dont make a lick of difference. I unlike some am actually worried about Boise cus I know they are a good team, but the fact of the matter is that they have not played a team as big, strong, and fast as us so if we play OUR game and dont turn the ball over, we are clearly the better team

ADalltheway
12/27/2006, 06:52 PM

I think that you forgot to put something in this:

Oklahoma beat Nebraska 21-7 in KC.

The question is what would OU have done to La Tech if they played them.

I understand where your thoughts were going on this but we have the best RB in the nation and he is going to tear up Bosie State!!!

Boomer Sooner Baby!!!

Bourbon St Sooner
12/28/2006, 11:29 AM
I'm not giving credit to the weaksauce Boise schedule, but I am giving credit to the way they played that schedule. Only three teams on their schedule played Boise close:

San Jose State, who beat New Mexico 20-12 in the New Mexico Bowl
Hawaii, who beat Arizona State 42-24 in the Hawaii Bowl
and Wyoming, whose 6-6 record kept them out of bowl contention (like KU)

Boise is a very good and very well-coached team. They are also coming into the game with a very big chip on their shoulder. Be careful about writing them off.

I remember (and I'm sure some of you do, too) walking around Norman the weekend of the OSU game in 2001 and everybody was talking about having their tickets to the Big XII CCG. I remember in 2003 when we said K-State didn't even deserve to be on the same field as the greatest team in the history of all creation. I remember everybody talking about SUC and their weaksauce conference schedule (that somehow made them inferior) in 2004. You'd think we'd have learned the humility lesson by now. Any team can beat you in any given game if you don't play like a champion. Let's all hope the team is taking these guys as serious as a heart attack. Let's all hope PT, AD, Malcolm, Joe Jon, Ruuufus, Zach, Reggie, Bird, and the rest of the Sooners play like Champions on the first night of the New Year. Let's all hope we can begin 2007 as Fiesta Bowl Champions.

I hear what you're saying, but this team is nothing like the 03-04 teams. Nothing's come easy for this team. They have to work hard for everything. And PT is the one calming influence. I think they'll be ready to play. PT and AD deserve to go off a winner.

Desert Sapper
12/29/2006, 11:02 AM
I agree that we win handily if we play hard. You have to Play Like a Champion to be a champion. I think this team understands that. I stick with my initial prediction:

Good Guys 38
Blue Guys 9

I see AD with a career day behind a (now) veteran O-Line. I see ENA keeping the smurf D on its heels. I see our D keeping Boise out of the endzone. However, I will disclaimer this by saying that I thought we would throttle SUC in the GOWWDNS and I thought the 'greatest team in history' would easily win the 2003 Big XII CCG. So, I've been known to be wrong before.

This is a different team. This is a different year.

Boomer Sooner!

guzziguy
12/29/2006, 11:10 AM
However, I will disclaimer this by saying that I thought we would throttle SUC in the GOWWDNS and I thought the 'greatest team in history' would easily win the 2003 Big XII CCG. So, I've been known to be wrong before.

This is a different team. This is a different year.

Boomer Sooner!

I suffered from those exact same delusions. I too believe this time will be different.

bbx4u
1/2/2007, 10:00 AM
Words for the day;

Hubris

Schadenfreude

http://dictionary.reference.com/

What happened to the slicing, dicing and julliene'ing that was supposed to take place?