PDA

View Full Version : You ever get the wrong order through the drive-thru

sanantoniosooner
12/13/2006, 11:38 PM
and like it better than what you wanted?

I inadvertently tried something new at Taco Cabanna and decided they suck less than I previously felt.

I wouldn't eat there at all if my son didn't like their bean tacos.

Dio
12/13/2006, 11:54 PM
THEY **** YOU IN THE DRIVE-THROUGH!

Mongo
12/13/2006, 11:59 PM
I have been so wasted that I have ordered food, waited behind someone, then proceeded to drive right past the window cause I was following the person in front of me.

ultimatesooner1
12/14/2006, 04:06 AM
I went 2 da mc 2 dab dezee and got 12 cheesburgers 4 da price of a value meal nad I lost

whatsername
12/14/2006, 06:59 AM
and like it better than what you wanted?

No, that usually doesn't happen to me. Seems like the majority of the time that I get a screwed up order, it involves getting a diet drink instead of Dr Pepper. That irritates me to no end. Huge pet peeve.

sooner n houston
12/14/2006, 08:07 AM
N0, usually when they screw up my order they give me something I can't eat!!!

LoyalFan
12/14/2006, 08:18 AM
For the record:

As a long-time San Antonian I can attest that a certain taco joint screws up more drive-thru orders than ANY place I've evAr patronized. I'm saddened by this since an old school chum was half of the duo that built the firm into the large chain it now is.
Over the past several years I have had only middling success at the drive-thru windows of you-know-whom. My patronage is about equally split 'twixt the two located near my humble condo. Both are about the same on their "Hit or miss" order filling.
Most of the time you cannot understand what the undocumented order taker is saying. That's ALWAYS a bad omen.
After ordering, clearly and concisely, in English, Eengleesh, Spanish, Pharsee, and Esperanto, one usually hears some garbled response confirming that your order of "dos tacos fajita y quacamole, dos tacos carne guisada, y dos tacos frijoles refritos y queso" has somehow become "Hokay, ju want four 'bin an' chizz, two enchilada plates, and a glass of goat meelk...jur total ees sevedollahtirtyseecense."
Some several moments later, having finally gotten the still-slightly-damp refugee from across the Rio Bravo (the losing side's name for the Rio Grande) to actually repeat, verbatim, your true desires, comestible-wise, you are instructed to drive up.
Now, I recommend you bring your knitting, a good book, or plan to perform some minor surgery on a passenger to kill some time as you wait in line. There will only be three vehicles ahead of you...a Hondo Civic with Hot Wheels rims and tires, a generous slathering of gray primer, speakers expelling mexican music (Think German polkas badly played on stolen instruments) at a degree of amplification such that people so far away as Louisiana are permanently deafened. This POS is driven by some punk who's never quite grasped that the bill of one's cap, if turned FORWARD, will keep the sun outta his eyes.
Next in line is a '74 Pontiac Bonneville, faded green in color, with three kids, all under the age of three, dangling perilously from the rear side windows. This will be piloted by a woman, generally so obese as to impart a 10 degree list to Port to the 'Ville. There will be a peeling sticker on the bumper touting the La Raza Democrats' current candidate for Congress, Dogcatcher, Minister of Graft and Corruption, whatever. You know; Vote race, not qualifications or prison record.
Finally, there will be an Escalade, resplendent with the "gold trim package". This will also be driven by a female who, when she extends her left arm to hand the lackey her VISA, will cause one to wonder just how much weight-in-gold the human wrist can bear before major fracturage occurs. This woman is the one that will assure your tenure in line.
She will receive her order. She will analyze and dissect each morsel and tidbit. She will claim a shortage and demand a complimentary burrito to salve her injured sensitivities and...there may be talk of her "abogado" (See: Bottom-feeding, ambulance chasing, etc.) Finally, about the time you've begun to despair to the point of opening a vein, it will be your turn!
There you are...YOU!!!...at the window!!!
The remarkable obese young lady therein will regarble the amount due. You will proffer an amount you hope will be sufficient. She will stare, dumbfounded, at the extra pennies you added in order that your loose change will consist solely of quarters.
Finally, accurate or not, you will receive your change. As you begin to count it, the bag containing your sustenance is thrust at you. This is a tactic perhaps designed to distract you from any accounting effort that might reveal shortchanging...who really knows?
Then...Freeeeeeeeeedommmmmmm! Homeward bound! The smell of the spices makes you giddy as you salivate like Pavlov's Pups!
You screech into your driveway so rapidly that the tailhook is nearly ripped from the rear of your car. You dash inside, bearing your trophy. You place the bag on the kitchen counter/coffee table/any uncluttered surface and tear into it.
What's this? You guessed it...Four bin an chizz, two enchil...and they left out the &*$%*! goat meelk!

No obese employees were harmed in the making of thees post.

El Eff

sanantoniosooner
12/14/2006, 08:31 AM
After the line didn't move for a few minutes I went inside to get my order to go.

I was gone before 2 of the cars that were ahead of me.

jk the sooner fan
12/14/2006, 08:53 AM
loyal has to be talking about taco cabana

jk the sooner fan
12/14/2006, 08:55 AM
the mcdonalds near my house is own by a pakistani family......and they're all super nice, but man they can screw up a drive thru order something fierce

they always ask me to pull forward to the "sit and wait" spot....one time there was nobody behind me whatsoever, i told them "i'll just wait here"

another time they handed us 2 bags, which i throw in the seat next to me and head home....we get home and find we've got enough food to feed 10 people....none of it anything we ordered

HoserSooner
12/14/2006, 09:11 AM
About once a week, the dumbasses at Tim Horton's put cream in my coffee. I'm really not sure what part of "coffee black" they don't understand. I have to watch them make it through the window, and then open it before I drive away.

achiro
12/14/2006, 09:15 AM
Enid USA has to be the worst place on Earth for customer service. I don't think that the average restaurant worker here is in any way inferior in intelligence, I just don't think they give a crap whether they do a good job or not. They consistently, like 8 out of 10 times, will get the order wrong. No specific restaurant, just pretty much all of them suck. Not just fast food places either.
We were in taco bueno earlier this week. I ordered no beans, double rice on my meal. They did the same to my wifes. I walked up and asked them for beans on her meal. Instead of just giving me a small cup of beans or whatever, she gets ****ed, takes both plates away from me, throws them in the trash and storms off to the back.:eek: :mad:

sanantoniosooner
12/14/2006, 09:16 AM
:D

This thread was SUPPOSED to be about PLEASANT SURPRISES in the drive through.

Didn't work out that way though :D

achiro
12/14/2006, 09:28 AM
:D

This thread was SUPPOSED to be about PLEASANT SURPRISES in the drive through.

Didn't work out that way though :D
OH, sorry. In that case the answer is NO, I ALWAYS GET SCREWED OVER BY DA DRIVE THROUGH PEOPLE! IT NEVER GOES IN MY FAVOR...SERIOUSLY, NOT ONCE!!!!!;)

OUHOMER
12/14/2006, 09:28 AM
fast food workers are future Wal Mart workers:D

mikeelikee
12/14/2006, 09:33 AM
Lately, I rarely get the RIGHT order through the drive-thru! Service quality is becoming extinct! :mad:

soonerbrat
12/14/2006, 10:13 AM
worst thing i've ever seen at a drive thru....the girl making my drink stuck her finger in it and swirled it around to make the foam go down. i was in total shock but managed to say "WTF are you doing putting your finger in my drink?" she replied "I just washed my hands..."

SicEmBaylor
12/14/2006, 10:42 AM
worst thing i've ever seen at a drive thru....the girl making my drink stuck her finger in it and swirled it around to make the foam go down. i was in total shock but managed to say "WTF are you doing putting your finger in my drink?" she replied "I just washed my hands..."

Heh, I've had the same thing happen to me.

achiro
12/14/2006, 11:07 AM
A recent trip to a local ****hole movie theater: Girl behind counter takes money, counts back change(kind of), reaches in with hand and grabs popcorn to fill bag, then fills cup with ice using hand. I stood there and watched her do it just completely amazed. When I asked her wtf she thought she was doing, she just looked at me like she had done nothing wrong. Yes this was in Enid.

soonerbrat
12/14/2006, 11:28 AM
did you say anything to her? that's disgusting

C&CDean
12/14/2006, 11:31 AM
Enid USA has to be the worst place on Earth for customer service. I don't think that the average restaurant worker here is in any way inferior in intelligence, I just don't think they give a crap whether they do a good job or not. They consistently, like 8 out of 10 times, will get the order wrong. No specific restaurant, just pretty much all of them suck. Not just fast food places either.
We were in taco bueno earlier this week. I ordered no beans, double rice on my meal. They did the same to my wifes. I walked up and asked them for beans on her meal. Instead of just giving me a small cup of beans or whatever, she gets ****ed, takes both plates away from me, throws them in the trash and storms off to the back.:eek: :mad:

Several things are wrong here. You said "taco bueno" and "meal" in the same post. You said "no beans, double rice." That's simply wrong. Why would you want a cup of beans when you said "no beans?"

colleyvillesooner
12/14/2006, 11:32 AM
the mcdonalds near my house is own by a pakistani family......and they're all super nice, but man they can screw up a drive thru order something fierce

they always ask me to pull forward to the "sit and wait" spot....one time there was nobody behind me whatsoever, i told them "i'll just wait here"

another time they handed us 2 bags, which i throw in the seat next to me and head home....we get home and find we've got enough food to feed 10 people....none of it anything we ordered

I know that mcdonalds. It is AMAZING the difference of service inside and the drive thru.

achiro
12/14/2006, 12:56 PM
Several things are wrong here. You said "taco bueno" and "meal" in the same post. You said "no beans, double rice." That's simply wrong. Why would you want a cup of beans when you said "no beans?"
I asked for no beans on mine. My wife wanted the beans, they made hers with double rice as well. It's not tat I don't like te beans, I just like the rice with that sour cream sauce poured over them.
If you haven't tried the sour cream chicken enchilada's at bueno, they aren't bad...especially if you are in a small town with limited choices and don't want to take the time to go to a "sit down"

Hot Rod
12/14/2006, 01:02 PM
The only plus with those double lanes at McDonalds is that they forget which order that you are, so you can sometimes get to the register window and it be "less". (Which is probably someone else's order)

I know it's wrong, but hey, we've all been robbed in the drive-thru. Why can't they suffer at little as well?

KsSooner
12/14/2006, 01:21 PM
The sad thing is that the "best" employees always work drive thru...

sanantoniosooner
12/14/2006, 02:37 PM
I should have worded the subject title different.

This is about GOOD mistakes :D

:(

soonerbrat
12/14/2006, 02:37 PM
oh yeah..i meant to answer your question earlier...

No.

DustySooner
12/14/2006, 03:58 PM
Taco Bell by my house on 122nd is really bad about running out of crap at 2 or 3 in the morning(which is the worst time because you're usually hammered and have your mind set on t-bell). One night they ran out of cheese for the burritos and put nacho cheese on my chili cheese burrito which ended up rocking my socks off. Then one night they ran out of chicken, steak, and beef. I jokingly asked for a lettuce taco. They weren't amused.