PDA

View Full Version : Bad Christmas Gift Ideas! Like McDonalds

Okieflyer
12/13/2006, 10:03 AM
Now really! What sorry sap would give some a McDonalds Gift Certificate?

"Hon, I thought you might like a Quarterpounder this year!" :texan:

http://i12.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/bd/2d/59_2.JPG

Mjcpr
12/13/2006, 10:09 AM
Clark, that's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year.

NormanPride
12/13/2006, 10:33 AM

Not the way you eat.

Hot Rod
12/13/2006, 10:40 AM

I thought it was the Jelly of the Month club that did that...

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/programGuide/program/lampoonfinal1.jpg

BoogercountySooner
12/13/2006, 10:43 AM
Don't give a treadmill or a new skillet to your wife, she really won't like it trust me!

RacerX
12/13/2006, 10:50 AM
There's now a 30 second bunny reenactment of Christmas Vacation

royalfan5
12/13/2006, 11:11 AM
We get my Grandma McDonald's gift certificates every because she like to go there and have a hamburger and coffee and not cook for herself.

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/13/2006, 11:23 AM
My 15 year old niece told me she wants an iTunes gift card and a Sonic gift card.

Kids are funny.

BoomerJack
12/13/2006, 01:27 PM
"Now really! What sorry sap would give some a McDonalds Gift Certificate?"

My first Christmas in Houston, 1973, I was given about $5 worth of these coupons as a gag gift at our office party. Then about two weeks later, because of some payroll screw-up, our EOM paychecks were late in arriving from home office. New Year's Day was on a Monday, I think. Anyway, because I had spent considerable $$$$ on plane tix home and partying, etc. those coupons came in very handy that year.

sooner_born_1960
12/13/2006, 01:30 PM
My 15 year old niece told me she wants an iTunes gift card and a Sonic gift card.

Kids are funny.
Huh?

skycat
12/13/2006, 03:00 PM

Kids are funny.

You know, I'd be willing to bet that I'd rather have that than a couple of the gifts I'm going to receive this year.

StoopTroup
12/13/2006, 07:00 PM
Taco Bell Gift Certificates.

HoleInTheRoof
12/13/2006, 09:25 PM
Taco Bell Gift Certificates.

Mmmmmm.... I'll take some.

tulsaoilerfan
12/13/2006, 09:48 PM
Some strip club is offering gift cards for those "hard to buy for" customers; can't remember the name, but it was in USA Today

1stTimeCaller
12/14/2006, 04:21 AM

Kids are funny.

My mom wants a Sonic gift card for Christmas. I'm thinking that I should get her something else too.

whatsername
12/14/2006, 07:08 AM

Kids are funny.

My 15 year old nephew is getting an iTunes gift card.

My 7 year old niece wants some tote bag from American Girl and they're on back order until Jan 31st! I went to ebay and they're going for double the price. :eek:

Okieflyer
12/14/2006, 08:56 AM
Top 10 Bad Christmas Gifts (http://1stholistic.com/Reading/prose/A2004/liv_top-10-worst-gifts-from-2004.htm)

The following is a list of the 10 worst gifts collected at the Sam Goody Bad-Gift Boycott. Let them serve as a warning to bad-gift givers everywhere:

1. Clown Art – in the form of prints, statues, T-shirts and towels. Who knows, clown art might make resurgence in the years to come, but for now, resist the urge to purchase anything clown-related. Whether it’s a happy clown or a sad clown, the receiver of your gift will resemble the latter.

2. Homemade Sweaters – Remind yourself that the person who knitted the garment at least thought enough of you to take the time to create it, regardless of how itchy and ill-fitting it may be.

3. Puzzles – A good puzzle can be a great way to get the family together. However, be wary of giving a puzzle to anyone between the ages of 15 to 25. This age group sees the concept of working on a puzzle akin to watching grass grow.

4. Tube Socks – Many stores carry them in packages of three at prices thrifty holiday shoppers can’t refuse. Retro is in, but not THAT in.

5. Ties – Ugly ties, along with the fruitcake, have become a bad gift cliché. Yet, both items arrived in droves at last year’s Bad-Gift Boycott. Ladies, trust us, go easy on the ties this year.

6. Exercise Videos/Diet Books – Even if the package is adorned with multiple bows, it is impossible to give a gift of this ilk without offending the receiver. A gift/hint of this nature is as subtle as a battering ram.

7. Undergarments – Women typically choose boxer shorts with overly cute designs that men can’t wear to the gym. Men typically choose something too risqué -- your average woman wouldn’t wear them in a million years. Men, trust us, go easy on the lingerie.

8. Padded Toilet Seat – What were you thinking?

9. Sausage Sample Pack – Sausage is best in small quantities. Very few people really, truly have a need for 10 different kinds of sausage at any one time.

10. Drug Store Perfumes – It’s cute if a very young boy buys it as his first gift for Mom, other than that, cheap perfume is wrong on too many levels to actually list.