PDA

View Full Version : The nerve of some people!

MamaMia
12/12/2006, 02:25 PM
My daughter just called it off with her boyfriend. They've been dating for 7 months now. He bought her a real pretty gold neckless with a pearl dangley. This was a couple of months ago. His mother just called me on the phone complaining that her son wants his neckless back. Apparently he has it on a credit card, and its not been paid for yet so they want to return it. I told her I would have my daughter give that neckless back after my husband takes those free gold crowns off his molars!

boomersooner28
12/12/2006, 02:28 PM
Sure glad this is on the football board. ;)

Widescreen
12/12/2006, 02:29 PM
Best football board post in a long time. :D

How old is this boy and why is his mother calling you about this? Did he talk to your daughter about it first?

mrowl
12/12/2006, 02:29 PM
who gets gold crowns these days? Is he crunk?

MamaMia
12/12/2006, 02:30 PM
Sure glad this is on the football board. ;)He did play little league. :D

Collier11
12/12/2006, 02:31 PM
A gift is a gift, that is why God would never ask for football back even though it has gotten so violent... :)

MamaMia
12/12/2006, 02:33 PM
Will I get in trouble for being on the football board with this? Cant one of the big wigs move it over? :O

Blues1
12/12/2006, 02:35 PM
Give your Woman everything you Got - She's gonna get it anyway.... :)

Clue for the Boyfriend -- Send her a new Diamond neckless -either Win her back or go down like a MAN....... :)
Blues1 has Spoken....!!!!

Keep R'

sooner_born_1960
12/12/2006, 02:37 PM
So, your daughter is available now?

MamaMia
12/12/2006, 02:39 PM
Best football board post in a long time. :D

How old is this boy and why is his mother calling you about this? Did he talk to your daughter about it first?
I think hes 20, and this is the first I have heard about this ordeal. I left a message on her cell.

OUinFLA
12/12/2006, 02:42 PM
Will I get in trouble for being on the football board with this? Cant one of the big wigs move it over? :O

Can't you propose a different solution?
It's hard for me to move anything at my age.
I can't imagine how hard it must be for someone who is big.

DustySooner
12/12/2006, 02:46 PM
First of all the kid is dumb for buying jewelry for a 20 year old girl after dating for only 7 months. He should have stuck with a teddy bear or something. Seriously, what would Judge Judy say to the guy?

Rhino
12/12/2006, 02:48 PM
Repeat after me, people that haven't been dating for more than a year:

Don't do anything for your fling that requires a credit card or a wedding ring.

MamaMia
12/12/2006, 02:50 PM
Repeat after me, people that haven't been dating for more than a year:

Don't do anything for your fling that requires a credit card or a wedding ring.
And don't let their fathers help you out with free dental work. ;)

MamaMia
12/12/2006, 02:54 PM
First of all the kid is dumb for buying jewelry for a 20 year old girl after dating for only 7 months. He should have stuck with a teddy bear or something. Seriously, what would Judge Judy say to the guy?
She would say "Do I have 'stupid' written on my forehead? Be grateful for the time you got to spend with this lovely young lady, and thank her mother for allowing you to live after acting like such a jerk" :D

Okieflyer
12/12/2006, 02:55 PM
I told her I would have my daughter give that neckless back after my husband takes those free gold crowns off his molars!

Don't let it worry you OUSAEmom. To remove molars like that, it probably needs to be on the football board. :D

OklaPony
12/12/2006, 02:56 PM
I told her I would have my daughter give that neckless back after my husband takes those free gold crowns off his molars!
Now THAT'S funny!

NormanPride
12/12/2006, 02:56 PM
5 months in and he gets her something like that? Yikes. Was his name Lid? ;)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/12/2006, 03:01 PM
Maybe Nick Zepp can beat some sense into the guy....:hot:

Partial Qualifier
12/12/2006, 03:05 PM
I bet he feels like a complete ***. "Here's a necklace I bought for you --- OOPS, sorry, my mom aint paying for it so ummm, she's gonna call your mom and see if we can get it back.." :eek: :eek:

That kid's future love life just took a huge shot to the midsection

Fraggle145
12/12/2006, 03:05 PM
And don't let their fathers help you out with free dental work. ;)

This is what makes me not feel bad for him... Its obvious he's a little rich fairie boy. :cool:

Rhino
12/12/2006, 03:06 PM
And don't let their fathers help you out with free dental work. ;) See, that doesn't rhyme.

If you're gunna be a jerk, don't expect free dental work!

There ya go.

fadada1
12/12/2006, 03:08 PM
See, that doesn't rhyme.

anybody got a peanut?

SteelClip49
12/12/2006, 03:10 PM
I want my damn necklace back I got for my ex. On our 2 year anniversary she announced to me she was bi-polar and that she sleeps with a box and kitchen knife next to her bed. Fortunately the necklace was only 50 bucks; I could have bought 10 tickets to see an OSU game at Lewis Stiltskin Field.

OklahomaRed
12/12/2006, 03:10 PM
Sounds like your daughter is better off without him. Dude's 20 and can't make the credit card payment on a gold necklace with a "pearly" dangly thing? Dude better get on with his life and quit worrying about a piece of jewelry he gave a girl that dumped him. What makes it even worse, his "momma's" gotta do his fightin' for him. What a wimp! :D

MamaMia
12/12/2006, 03:15 PM
My middle daughter just called and said that her sister got my message and is now dragging her all around campus to look for "Mr. Wrong" so she can have the pleasure of throwing that neckless in his face.

Oh good Lord, its already time for some Braums nog and a 'Senior' portion of Myers's rum out of my OU shot glass. :rolleyes:

Piware
12/12/2006, 03:15 PM
My daughter just called it off with her boyfriend. They've been dating for 7 months now. He bought her a real pretty gold neckless with a pearl dangley. This was a couple of months ago. His mother just called me on the phone complaining that her son wants his neckless back. Apparently he has it on a credit card, and its not been paid for yet so they want to return it. I told her I would have my daughter give that neckless back after my husband takes those free gold crowns off his molars!

Judge Judy could settle this in a heart beat. A gift is a gift. The little boy should take his lumps with his mommy and get a job, not necessarily in that order.

achiro
12/12/2006, 03:18 PM
Do you think I could date your daughter, I have this little cavity I'd like to get taken care of.

Fraggle145
12/12/2006, 03:20 PM
My middle daughter just called and said that her sister got my message and is now dragging her all around campus to look for "Mr. Wrong" so she can have the pleasure of throwing that neckless in his face.

Oh good Lord, its already time for some Braums nog and a 'Senior' portion of Myers's rum out of my OU shot glass. :rolleyes:

She should keep it and relish wearing it... Like I said before his Daddy can afford it. Hell if he was any sort of a man he wouldnt have his mom call you we would have called her himself. Little fairie rich kid. Now if its an engagement ring I think that those should be returned... JMHO

soonersam
12/12/2006, 03:22 PM
So back to your daughter being single.....

OK2LA
12/12/2006, 03:22 PM
This brings up a question that I'd like to have answered. It is very similar to the situation that Mom is going through right now.

If you were engaged - gave the girl an engagement ring - then broke up for whatever reason . . . . . what happens to that ring?

Collier11
12/12/2006, 03:23 PM
The girl should give the ring back, but she doesnt have to is what ive been told...

sooner_born_1960
12/12/2006, 03:28 PM
She should keep it and relish wearing it... Like I said before his Daddy can afford it. Hell if he was any sort of a man he wouldnt have his mom call you we would have called her himself. Little fairie rich kid. Now if its an engagement ring I think that those should be returned... JMHO
I didn't see where his daddy was mentioned at all.

Fraggle145
12/12/2006, 03:29 PM
an engagement ring should be returned... she is never going to wear it but just carry it around to make herself feel good, like someone wanted to marry her...

Fraggle145
12/12/2006, 03:30 PM
I didn't see where his daddy was mentioned at all.

I got mixed up. he's still a fairie.

MamaMia
12/12/2006, 03:34 PM
This brings up a question that I'd like to have answered. It is very similar to the situation that Mom is going through right now.

If you were engaged - gave the girl an engagement ring - then broke up for whatever reason . . . . . what happens to that ring? I was raised by a sweet Italian lady from South Carolina. My southern Belle mama told me that if the ring is a family heirloom, that a lady should always give that ring back no matter how big of a clod he is. If he was a jerk and cheated on her and the ring was bought for her, she should melt it down and make herself a nice cluster. :D

OU4LIFE
12/12/2006, 03:40 PM
mmmmm caramel peanut clusters.....

Monster Zero
12/12/2006, 03:49 PM
All he bought her was a neckless? He's a cheapskate. He should have bought her a braselett to go with it.

Osce0la
12/12/2006, 03:54 PM
Call his mom, tell her that, since the necklace isn't paid off yet, your daughter will be selling it, and he will receive $.002 from whatever she receives for the ring. Then change the $.002 to .002 cents and explain to them that you worked for Verizon in the past.

But really, she should either keep it (if she likes it) or sell it since the guy seems like a total jacka** anyway.

As far as engagement rings, if the break up is more of a mutual thing, give it back. If the guy was an a**, keep it, sell it, melt it down, whatever you want to do with it.

SoonerInKCMO
12/12/2006, 04:06 PM
This whole "keep the engagement ring if he was a jerk" thing seems wrong to me. If people follow that crazy "2 months salary" idea that DeBeers put out there, then we're talking about a rock that could cost as much as a small car. I just can't see keeping something that valuable.

soonersam
12/12/2006, 04:06 PM

If you were engaged - gave the girl an engagement ring - then broke up for whatever reason . . . . . what happens to that ring?
This is coming from a single guy...... If a guy is dumb enough to give a women any type of jewelry without being married, thats his loss....

I think you should buy only fake jewels until married, because when your married you legally owns half of its value.

Collier11
12/12/2006, 04:08 PM
This is coming from a single guy...... If a guy is dumb enough to give a women any type of jewelry without being married, thats his loss....

I think you should buy only fake jewels until married, because when your married you legally owns half of its value.

That my friend is why you are single...:D

Mongo
12/12/2006, 04:08 PM

except for your balls, the wife owns them both.

BigRedJed
12/12/2006, 04:31 PM
All he bought her was a neckless? He's a cheapskate. He should have bought her a braselett to go with it.
That's your first post on this board? Please tell me that you didn't register JUST to spelling-smack a longtime poster.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/12/2006, 04:34 PM

Depending on if said neckless is thrown in face or not...Wouldn't it be too long for a shop to take it back? Perhaps he will keep it and regift it to the next gf...

He should be a man and chalk it up to learning. Having mommy call and ask for it back is as lame as lame gets...I bet sonny boy didn't buy neckless, but mommy did. Should like you should be saying a little prayer of thanks tonight....

soonersam
12/12/2006, 04:36 PM
That my friend is why you are single...:D
Point taken... I have some other issues I could use some help on also. what do you charge per hour???

PeoriaSooner
12/12/2006, 04:38 PM
This thread is so worthless without pics of said "pearl dangley" necklace.

Collier11
12/12/2006, 04:39 PM
He he, well Ive retired from pimping nicks mom out so youll have to go somewhere else...sorry! ;)

soonersam
12/12/2006, 04:43 PM
and of said daughter

frankensooner
12/12/2006, 04:59 PM
Legally speaking, an engagment ring is considered a gift. The woman is not required to return it. If the woman has class and the guy wasn't an @ss she should return it though, but it is entirely up to her.

toast
12/12/2006, 05:11 PM
let me guess...he also talks loudly on his bluetooth, eats with chopsticks, and crosses his legs like a girl.

Osce0la
12/12/2006, 05:30 PM
That's your first post on this board? Please tell me that you didn't register JUST to spelling-smack a longtime poster.
next he'll be telling you "it's not "moran", moron."

soonerboomer93
12/12/2006, 06:35 PM
Wait, 2 daughters on campus?

What's the digits?

Mixer!
12/12/2006, 07:54 PM
except for your balls, the wife owns them both.

spek limit.

Okla-homey
12/12/2006, 08:20 PM
That punk should have to turn in his "man card." Anyone with a Y chromosome who is flippin' 20 and still needs his mommy to assert his rights in his love life should not be allowed to reproduce under any circumstances. Evar.

AlbqSooner
12/12/2006, 08:38 PM
If my ex wives returned all the carp I bought them I would be retired instead of them.

badger
12/12/2006, 08:53 PM
He he, well Ive retired from pimping nicks mom out so youll have to go somewhere else...sorry! ;)
I feel a song coming on... here it is:
He has such a bad rap
he can't tell tit from tatty tat
and that is why we christmas wrap
the fact that Collier's full of crap

And now, verse two:
More than Kerry, he flop and flap
if I had a laser, I'd send a zap
for he is full of crappy crap
yes Collier's full of crap. CRAAAAAAAAAAP!

Oh, and "mom," I found this thread incredibly amusing... both your perspective and the OU boys' seeking your OU daughters perspective.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/12/2006, 09:45 PM
This guy sounds like a loser anyway. I think giving up a necklace and some gold molars is probably a fair trade off not to have him around your family anymore. Oh, and make her get a signed contract saying that she will NEVER EVER go out with him again...no matter how much he cries or apologizes or how miserable he is ;) YWIA

usmc-sooner
12/12/2006, 09:49 PM
if a guy over the age of 10 has his mom call his girlfriend's mom he's more than a loser

Collier11
12/12/2006, 10:27 PM
I feel a song coming on... here it is:
He has such a bad rap
he can't tell tit from tatty tat
and that is why we christmas wrap
the fact that Collier's full of crap

And now, verse two:
More than Kerry, he flop and flap
if I had a laser, I'd send a zap
for he is full of crappy crap
yes Collier's full of crap. CRAAAAAAAAAAP!

Oh, and "mom," I found this thread incredibly amusing... both your perspective and the OU boys' seeking your OU daughters perspective.

Everybody!!! Badgers a ****** and he's on the loose, watch our for badger cus his azz is loose, his rhymes are nothing like doctor seuss cus badger is a ******!!

OCUDad
12/12/2006, 10:45 PM
next he'll be telling you "it's not "moran", moron."Ah, but some people can be both.

badger
12/12/2006, 11:11 PM
Everybody!!! Badgers a ****** and he's on the loose, watch our for badger cus his azz is loose, his rhymes are nothing like doctor seuss cus badger is a ******!!
And now, verse 3...
"Collier11" cuz 11's his age, that little yap
If you believe that badger's a dude, you're a total sap
Cuz everything Collier types, yeah, it's full of crap
Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap...
crap crap crap crap crap crap crap...
He should really shut his trap
cuz Collier's full of crap. CRAAAAAAAAAAAAP!
:cool:

VeeJay
12/12/2006, 11:22 PM
Man...when I was 20 ain't no way I would have ever brung any gals home to meet Momma. I wasn't seeing Momma-meeting type of gals back in those days. And if there would have ever been any jewelry involved....Heh!

VeeJay
12/12/2006, 11:24 PM

I have usually found that this is a workable solution, although I lean toward the sour mash. And in those 24 oz. plastic stadium cups.

Collier11
12/12/2006, 11:35 PM
And now, verse 3...
"Collier11" cuz 11's his age, that little yap
If you believe that badger's a dude, you're a total sap
Cuz everything Collier types, yeah, it's full of crap
Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap...
crap crap crap crap crap crap crap...
He should really shut his trap
cuz Collier's full of crap. CRAAAAAAAAAAAAP!
:cool:

LOL! Lets See then...
Not a dude, coulda fooled me...adams apple is something I see!
Something of a amazon with dude-ish style
and crappy ryhmes, though they make me smile :)
:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

badger
12/12/2006, 11:40 PM
LOL! Lets See then...
Not a dude, coulda fooled me...adams apple is something I see!
Something of a amazon with dude-ish style
and crappy ryhmes, though they make me smile :)
:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:
You know, it really hurts my feelings when people don't think I'm a girl... oh, and calling people names like "******" isn't a very kind thing for a fellow Sooner to do, now is it? I think I'm going to go crawl in a corner and start crying now, unless NP comes and makes it all better. NP? I MISS YOU!!! :(:(:(:(

Collier11
12/12/2006, 11:42 PM
Oh badger im just messin with ya, no harm meant!! I SORRY

badger
12/12/2006, 11:49 PM
Oh badger im just messin with ya, no harm meant!! I SORRY
now I know how these guys feel
http://img.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_sizedimage_083092832/xl
:(

Frozen Sooner
12/12/2006, 11:55 PM
From the standpoint of etiquette, an engagement ring is a token in pledge and should be returned if the woman in question no longer wishes to wear said token.

1stTimeCaller
12/13/2006, 12:08 AM
From the standpoint of etiquette, an engagement ring is a token in pledge and should be returned if the woman in question no longer wishes to wear said token.

Exactly.

Will you marry me = yes. She gets a ring
Will you marry me = no. She does not get a ring.

Marriage doesn't happen = (Will you marry me = no)

SteelClip49
12/13/2006, 05:39 AM
There are times I can't wait until I am married; then again there are times I just want be a rebel and not settle down just like the summer of 2002 in Cancun (and now I never was drunk) just the women could not get enough of me.

Is marriage the end of the road or does it get better or is it a little of both?

Just so people know or if anyone cares, I am 23, young- foolish- dumb at times, a stinkin college football genius, 10th semester college student, at my 4th different university (2 year atendee at the Univ. of Okla) and I haven't learned anything :(. BTW, students that post here; never have a lawyer for a professor. It's madness.

There has gotta be a dame out there that wound consider me!!!!

OK, back to studying for my audio production final.

OUSAEMom, ya should give the necklace back (one made of rope) hehehe

Rhino
12/13/2006, 10:54 AM
BTW, students that post here; never have a lawyer for a professor. It's madness. Having trouble with Mass Comm Law?

goingoneight
12/13/2006, 08:58 PM
So, how old is your daughter again? She like Sooner Football and long walks on the beach???

OK2LA
12/13/2006, 09:10 PM

I got my avatar taken away because she showed cleavage. Now you want them to post pictures of a pearl necklace?!? :confused:

I want my avatar back! :mad: (different girl from my current avatar . . . :D)

StoopTroup
12/13/2006, 09:12 PM
Give them the necklace back but send his parent's the bill for the crowns.

Send them to a collection agency ASAP. :D

BTW...is this him? :D

THIS (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16175420/)