PDA

View Full Version : Why is it more fun to hang out on the SO when you have work to do?

Okla-homey
12/12/2006, 10:18 AM
I have one final left. Tomorrow, but danged if I want get started studying.

Fortunately, it's "Family law" and you only really need to remember four things 1) child custody: the standard is almost always "best interest of the child" (BIOC) 2) Child support: Derived from the table in the state statute. It's considered the child's property and its not negotiable by the parties to the divorce 3) Its not "divorce" its a "marriage dissolution," IOW, merely dissolving a contract of marriage and either party can get one whether the other party wants it or not. 4) Property division: either "fair and equitable" or roughly 50-50 in "community property" states.

BTW, first cousins can marry in texass. they can't in OK, but OK will recognize a marriage between first cousins performed in texass.:texan:

Finally, if you have anything beyond a pot to p1ss in when you get married, you definitely should get a pre-nup (or antenuptial agreement as they are known in OK) before the wedding.

I hope that's gonna get it.:O

Osce0la
12/12/2006, 11:02 AM
Work will still be there tomorrow...If you take time away from the SO there is no telling what you will miss.

picasso
12/12/2006, 11:19 AM
yeah but what about Famery A Raw.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/12/2006, 11:21 AM
So with a pre-nup, can I keep a woman's fingers out of my pension?

I've heard when you get hitched, if it goes belly up, pre-nup or not, you're just screwed.

SoonerStormchaser
12/12/2006, 11:45 AM
The future Mrs. SoonerStormchaser and I are currently working on a pre-nup. It's not so much as to protect me as it is her if I become an abusive ******* like her first husband...or I turn into my father. EEK!

Basically, for both of us, it's kinda an incentive to keep busting our asses to keep fighting for our marriage and never take it for granted.

slickdawg
12/12/2006, 11:51 AM
because the coolest mother ****ers in the world hang out here.

Okla-homey
12/12/2006, 11:54 AM
So with a pre-nup, can I keep a woman's fingers out of my pension?

I've heard when you get hitched, if it goes belly up, pre-nup or not, you're just screwed.

You should see a lawyer on that if you are contemplating betrothal. That said, its my understanding that a validly executed pre-nup can certainly incorporate a pension and stipulate that it remains the property of the pensioner on divorce. Otherwise, it just might be divided as marital property in the property division.

UPDATE: BUT I WAS WRONG, further study tells me that federal law specifically states that pensions can't be carved-out in a pre-nup! IOW, the Firehouse scuttlebutt was right and I was wrong.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/12/2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks, Homey!