PDA

View Full Version : Todd Dodge to UNT

mrowl
12/12/2006, 06:44 AM
according to the Ticket.

The Southlake Carroll coach, who is 77-1 since 2002. Playing in their 5th straight state championship.

GREAT hire by UNT. Will change the game we play in September. And hopefully get UNT to be a better program in a few years.

fwsooner22
12/12/2006, 09:00 AM
That is not even a lateral move. Southlake Carroll could beat UNT.

DrZaius
12/12/2006, 09:59 AM
That is not even a lateral move. Southlake Carroll could beat UNT.

I was thinking the same thing...

bluedogok
12/12/2006, 10:22 AM
Now he can openly recruit, although the benefits to player families may have to be scaled back.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/12/2006, 10:34 AM
Isn't he a former whorn QB?

tbl
12/12/2006, 10:38 AM
I heard he was going to wait until his son graduated... Maybe he's a senior? Either way, look out for the Screaming Eagles. I honestly think he's going to dominate their conference once he gets his system/players in place.

mrowl
12/12/2006, 10:42 AM
his son is a junior.

But this is a good step for Dodge, prove that he can make it in D1. If he does, hes off to a top 10 team in several years.

fwsooner22
12/12/2006, 10:42 AM
Isn't he a former whorn QB?

Yes he is.....and I think he owns a RRS victory........

GrapevineSooner
12/12/2006, 10:46 AM
His offense will be entertaining.

Still, there's quite a jump from high school to DI, even if it's just North Texas. Worth the risk, though.

Just look at what former Stephenville HS coach Art Briles did for Houston.

tbl
12/12/2006, 10:48 AM
Yeah, but 77-1 in Texas 5A football is unbelievable... I mean, unbelievable.

Blues1
12/12/2006, 10:49 AM
77 and 1 in 4 years !!!!! ---Bama should have grabbed Him............ :)

GrapevineSooner
12/12/2006, 10:52 AM
Don't get me wrong, as a UNT alumnus (for 2 semesters anyway ;) ), I love the hire.

boomersooner82
12/12/2006, 11:15 AM
I'm not so sure. He coached my high school for two years before going to SLC, and won only seven games in that span. Then he goes to Carroll (where he can recruit whoever he wants and has players with pro athlete pedigree) and starts winning. The fact that he had basically unlimited funds to find the best assistants in the state led to his success the past four years, but even the two years before they started that 77-1 run, he went 19-10 and deep into the playoffs. Carroll's loaded with talent. Let's be honest. Does UNT really have Carroll talent? (or Carroll money for that matter) I think he's setting himself up for failure.

picasso
12/12/2006, 11:15 AM
isn't his son supposed to be big time?

and Dodge is the one was planted repeatedly by Bosworth.

Sooner 84
12/12/2006, 11:20 AM
Now he can openly recruit, although the benefits to player families may have to be scaled back.

I am a Sooner in Southlake and there are lots of us here. Your post is an embarrassing slap at a coach of impeccable character. I know only a few families who have moved into SLC over the past several years with football players and none moved because of football. In fact, football was more a reason not to locate in SL. SL is a rapidly growing community with hundreds of new students arriving every year. I know TD better than many and can tell you that it’s great coaching by intentional integrity that has produced the stellar record. Player for player, this team has less talent every week than most teams it meets in the playoffs (including this week). I guess that leaves coaching to close the gap. Be careful who you slander. Once he infiltrated D-1 with abiilty and integrity he could be a viable replacement for Stoops some day. Trust me on this one; TD is a good man, husband, and father who is well bent to play within the whistles and well between the lines. Welcome to D-1 again coach.

mrowl
12/12/2006, 11:21 AM
isn't his son supposed to be big time?

and Dodge is the one was planted repeatedly by Bosworth.

in Dodge's system, yes. In others? probably not.

Nate Newtons son, Tre, is pretty good at running back.

mrowl
12/12/2006, 11:25 AM
I am a Sooner in Southlake and there are lots of us here. Your post is an embarrassing slap at a coach of impeccable character. I know only a few families who have moved into SLC over the past several years with football players and none moved because of football. In fact, football was more a reason not to locate in SL. SL is a rapidly growing community with hundreds of new students arriving every year. I know TD better than many and can tell you that it’s great coaching by intentional integrity that has produced the stellar record. Player for player, this team has less talent every week than most teams it meets in the playoffs (including this week). I guess that leaves coaching to close the gap. Be careful who you slander. Once he infiltrated D-1 with abiilty and integrity he could be a viable replacement for Stoops some day. Trust me on this one; TD is a good man, husband, and father who is well bent to play within the whistles and well between the lines. Welcome to D-1 again coach.

people forget that there is only one highschool in the district, so the football program stays intact. And from 6th grade football, every coach, every school teaches the program that Dodge put in place. Thats why the teams are great.

(also the players that move into southlake for cash) ;)

picasso
12/12/2006, 11:26 AM

ok, I just heard the fellas on WWLS talking about how good his son was.

boomersooner82
12/12/2006, 11:29 AM
Btw Dodge, you were intercepted in '84

Sooner 84
12/12/2006, 11:53 AM
I'm not so sure. He coached my high school for two years before going to SLC, and won only seven games in that span. Then he goes to Carroll (where he can recruit whoever he wants and has players with pro athlete pedigree) and starts winning. The fact that he had basically unlimited funds to find the best assistants in the state led to his success the past four years, but even the two years before they started that 77-1 run, he went 19-10 and deep into the playoffs. Carroll's loaded with talent. Let's be honest. Does UNT really have Carroll talent? (or Carroll money for that matter) I think he's setting himself up for failure.

If he coached your high school then you are from TX and should know that tax dollars from wealthier school districts are redistributed to the poor school districts. SLC struggles every year just to keep its teachers because they can't keep up with the salaries of much lower average income districts (coaches included). What TD attracts are coaches of character who then develop players of character…..guys willing to sacrifice the $ to be mentored by the best. Carroll has a number of average players that are well coached to play beyond their natural talent. That’s what good coaches do. That's what a school like NTU needs. He will attract and develop much more character and talent than UNT money can buy. Its what he does. To suggest TD inherited superior talent and had unlimited funds to hire whoever he wanted to is ridiculous, misinformed, and idiotic at best. He has earned the title of coach, unlike many who simply warehouse superior talent. This coach is for real.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/12/2006, 12:00 PM
You sure sound like you have a vested interest in SLC...

1stTimeCaller
12/12/2006, 12:04 PM
If he coached your high school then you are from TX and should know that tax dollars from wealthier school districts are redistributed to the poor school districts. SLC struggles every year just to keep its teachers because they can't keep up with the salaries of much lower average income districts (coaches included). What TD attracts are coaches of character who then develop players of character…..guys willing to sacrifice the $ to be mentored by the best. Carroll has a number of average players that are well coached to play beyond their natural talent. That’s what good coaches do. That's what a school like NTU needs. He will attract and develop much more character and talent than UNT money can buy. Its what he does. To suggest TD inherited superior talent and had unlimited funds to hire whoever he wanted to is ridiculous, misinformed, and idiotic at best. He has earned the title of coach, unlike many who simply warehouse superior talent. This coach is for real.

Good point, Mr. Dodge. ;)

boomersooner82
12/12/2006, 12:25 PM
I'm just saying his record in the two years he coached my high school he was 7-13 and they didn't make the playoffs. His first two years at Carroll he went 19-10 with appearances in the regional final and state semifinals. His coaching didn't change in the span. He probably had superior talent. Then he had time to insert his system throughout Carrol's unique, single high school system, but also acquired several top notch assistants along the way that made their impact, then went on to get head coaching jobs at other area schools.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach. He's obviously a pretty good one. I just question whether he's good enough to do anything with a Division I-A program as his first collegiate job. I guess we'll find out though.

Also, state laws don't redistribute the wealth of boosters ;)

Sooner 84
12/12/2006, 01:02 PM
I'm just saying his record in the two years he coached my high school he was 7-13 and they didn't make the playoffs. His first two years at Carroll he went 19-10 with appearances in the regional final and state semifinals. His coaching didn't change in the span. He probably had superior talent. Then he had time to insert his system throughout Carrol's unique, single high school system, but also acquired several top notch assistants along the way that made their impact, then went on to get head coaching jobs at other area schools.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach. He's obviously a pretty good one. I just question whether he's good enough to do anything with a Division I-A program as his first collegiate job. I guess we'll find out though.

Whether he wins in D-1 or not, he is a coach with the highest of character and he breaths it daily into the lives of youth and coaches alike, not only in his own community, but everywhere he goes. It's a rare commodity in sports today, and its not something that can be faked or adopted overnight. He is not the lone coach of character, but D-1 sports needs the integrity that this guy has to offer (win or loose). He develops players by developing coaches. It's what he does, it's what any good coach does. TD celebrates when one of his own gets promoted. Don't take away from that with cheap shots about boosters, etc. I grew up in Norman and I know all about boosters and other activities. Trust me, its cleaner in SL than anywhere I know.

Go Sooners.

fwsooner22
12/12/2006, 01:04 PM
It will be fun to watch his progress. One thing for sure UNT will have a spotlight (of sorts) for this first since what Mean Joe Green.

It all starts in Norman too.......Game 1 - Sept. 1st UNT vs OU in Norman

Sooner 84
12/12/2006, 01:16 PM
You sure sound like you have a vested interest in SLC...

Vested interest not in SLC but in protecting a man's character. I could care less if SLC never won another game if the character stays the same. With the character, I'm sure the record will be respectable. TD coaches kids for life well beyond the pig skin. For that I do have a vested interest. Nothing more, nothing less.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/12/2006, 01:32 PM

SO how big is the school, I mean high school enrollment. Sounds a lot like Valdosta H.S. in Georgia.

fwsooner22
12/12/2006, 01:33 PM
Hang in there Sooner 84........Todd Dodge is probably the only one in this thread who has a Texas 5A State Championship....Its gonna be a tough crowd in here anytime the guy who is the subject of the thread is a former Sexat QB.....Heck I might even make the 30 mile drive and catch a game if he turns out to be all that......

boomersooner82
12/12/2006, 01:38 PM
It's not a mega-school. Only about 2400 students spread across two campuses (a 9-10 high school and a 11-12 senior high campus)

OUstud
12/12/2006, 01:45 PM
I was hoping they'd hire Boo. :( ;)

Collier11
12/12/2006, 02:57 PM
Come on guys, you all are smarter than this. A good coach is a good coach, regardless of class. What makes a good coach a great coach is whether or not he knows how to distribute power and decision making amongst his assistants, and if he knows how to recruit and handle the intricasies of the college game. This guy can obviously coach, if he is successful on the college level will be determined by those factors.

Collier11
12/12/2006, 03:01 PM
Look at Allen Trimble at Jenks, im not sure of his exact record but I have to imagine it is somewhere along the lines of 140-20 with 11 state titles in 6A. Ya, he has built in benefits of good boosters and coaching in more of a district than an actual town, but the guy can coach. I think he would make a good college coach if he ever chose to be one.

fwsooner22
12/12/2006, 03:23 PM
The truth is...........the OU football program would be nowhere without boosters.....it's everywhere.........the successes (scholastically, athletics, and economics) of these suburban pockets of wealth are the drawing card for all kinds of people (families) which "feeds the monster".

Collier11
12/12/2006, 03:25 PM
The truth is...........it's everywhere.........all kinds of monster".

Huh????

GrapevineSooner
12/12/2006, 03:39 PM
people forget that there is only one highschool in the district, so the football program stays intact. And from 6th grade football, every coach, every school teaches the program that Dodge put in place. Thats why the teams are great.

(also the players that move into southlake for cash) ;)

A few years ago, the citizens of Southlake voted down a bond package to build a second high school in the city just because of this.

Funky G
12/12/2006, 03:45 PM

Doesn't Nate Newton live in Southlake?

snp
12/12/2006, 03:55 PM
Does anyone have a link for this yet?

Chase Daniels has been pretty successful at both. Riley is getting a look at by OU and some other schools. Although he might end up being a little too small.

colleyvillesooner
12/12/2006, 03:58 PM
Doesn't Nate Newton live in Southlake?

He does now. ;)

fwsooner22
12/12/2006, 03:59 PM
Huh????

"feeding the monster" is what Switzer used to say about the "program".....Bud Wilkinson built it and he was just "feeding it". Much of what was and is being done in the college programs has trickled down to high school programs (at least the ones who are succesful).

colleyvillesooner
12/12/2006, 03:59 PM
Does anyone have a link for this yet?

Chase Daniels has been pretty successful at both. Riley is getting a look at by OU and some other schools. Although he might end up being a little too small.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/121306dnspododge.131bf01.html#

UNT to hire SL Carroll's Dodge

11:33 AM CST on Tuesday, December 12, 2006
By BRETT VITO / Denton Record-Chronicle

DENTON – Southlake Carroll head coach Todd Dodge has agreed to terms on a contract with North Texas and will be announced as the Mean Green's new head coach during a 7 p.m. press conference today, sources close to the situation said Tuesday morning.

Carroll has advanced to either the Class 5A Division I or Division II title game in each of the last four seasons and will face Allen on Saturday at Texas Stadium for the right to play for this season's Division I state title.

The Dragons won state titles in 2002, 2004 and 2005.

The former Texas quarterback was named the Schutt Sports National High School Coach of the Year for the 2004 season.

Dodge was UNT's offensive coordinator from 1992 to '93 under Dennis Parker before returning to the high school ranks.

Dodge will replace former UNT head coach Darrell Dickey, who was fired in the middle of his ninth season at the school on Nov. 8.

Dickey led the Mean Green to the Sun Belt Conference title and a berth in the New Orleans Bowl in each season from 2001 to '04 before suffering two down seasons. UNT went 2-9 last year and finished 3-9 this season.

The UNT board of regents will meet at 2 p.m. today to delegate the authority to enter into a contract with Dodge to university president Gretchen Bataille and athletic director Rick Villarreal. The board must approve contracts with a base salary that exceeds $500,000 for the term of the contract.

Dodge's deal with UNT will exceed that total.

The board's approval will be a formality before Dodge's hiring becomes official.

Dodge's son Riley is a junior quarterback at Southlake Carroll and one of the top players in the area.

Collier11
12/12/2006, 04:00 PM
"feeding the monster" is what Switzer used to say about the "program".....Bud Wilkinson built it and he was just "feeding it". Much of what was and is being done in the college programs has trickled down to high school programs (at least the ones who are succesful).

I was just being a stupid azz, forgive me.

fwsooner22
12/12/2006, 04:02 PM
He does now. ;)

I was not sure how to respond to that but you did it perfectly.

arlington
12/12/2006, 07:46 PM
Great hire and a great Opportunity for Coach Dodge.Make no mistake, he is a GREAT coach(From Arlington, not Southlake!)..For those who want to say that he is loaded with talent, that is simply not true..SLC is NEVER in the top 10 schools in the state in getting kids scholarships and when they do, most of the kids are going to mid major programs like Rice and Tulsa..They have huge numbers and 1 high school blah, blah, blah..Sure that all helps, but if you have ever watched any SLC game and not felt that you were watching a college team play? That team is as well coached, disciplined, tough and clutch as any team at any level becuae of there unwavering confidence in HIM! He probably needs a new challenge and UNT will be a great start for him to cut his teeth in a weak D1 conference and grow into bigger and better jobs.

Boomersooner i assume that your high school was either Newman Smith or Fossil Ridge, probably Smith? Neither job is in a 1 school district and maybe suffered from a lack of talent and Dodge at a young stage of his career. Yes his 1st 2 years at SLC he was only 19-10, but didnt he lose in the playoffs both years to the eventual state champs(Ennis)? He has grown into the job as have the kids into the program so i dont see how his coaching record of 9 years ago is relevant to whether he deserves this job now.

SoonersRams
12/13/2006, 12:39 AM
Dodge to UNT and Bill Blankenship to Southlake Carrol ....... thats the word in Tulsa.

bluedogok
12/13/2006, 01:09 AM
Sooner84 - lighten up Francis, my post was not an indictment of Todd Dodge, it was an indictment of the SLC (and other schools) system of the things that happen "outside the program" that helps feed his program and helps it be successful. We all know this happens everywhere, it did at SLC before he was there, while he was there and after he will be gone. This doesn't necessarily mean that the head coach or coaching staff is directly involved, but it does happen anywhere people base their identity on if a bunch of high school kids do well.

It happens in Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio, Georgia, really anywhere high school football is important and people are willing to prostitute themselves, that goes for boosters, players or parents.

Going to UNT is a different world compared to being at the top program in any state where talent almost flows like water into your district. As is true with all college programs, he stands a good chance of being successful if he recruits well.

Sco
12/13/2006, 01:20 AM
As a UNT student myself, this is a good hire for the program. The UNT football team is an embarrassment.

Which is why I consider myself a Sooner before a Mean Green. I went to OU for two years, but my pride will never die.

tommieharris91
12/13/2006, 04:42 AM
All this talk about Southlake Carroll kind of reminds me of my alma mater, except with a top-notch football team. (Broken Arrow) BA's district has over 5000 students in grades 9-12, but is the aggy of Tulsa 6A athletics.(something like 2-25 all-time vs. "rival" Tulsa Union in football, great rassin tradition/pipeline, boast facilities to hide an empty trophy case, sells out shiny new stadium only once a year, etc.) Just goes to show you that coaching really can make a difference in high school. That said, there are probably a lot of people, both good and bad, that have to do A LOT with his success. I mean, in order to have an entire town as big as Southlake against dividing up the school district for football really should show people something. I don't know him. I don't follow texas HS football. If the stories said here are true, then I'm sold on him and I hope his next job isn't as a Big XII head coach.

TexasLidig8r
12/13/2006, 10:18 AM
And now.. for additional sides to the story...

North Texas to Name Facility After Fired Coach
Booster Insists on Honor for Dickey
By JEFF CARLTON
AP Sports
DALLAS (Nov. 16) - A booster's unusual ultimatum has placed the University of North Texas in an awkward position: Rename its new athletic facility after the just-fired football coach or allow the donor's $1 million gift to be redirected to the music department.

To keep the peace, and perhaps keep open the big-money pipeline, school officials say they will honor the odd request from Houston furniture magnate Jim McIngvale - known locally as "Mattress Mack" for his goofy TV and radio spots.

Thus, the McIngvale Practice Facility will get renamed for Darrell Dickey, who was fired last week. No timeline for the renaming is set.

A school spokeswoman cited school policy, which states that a facility "may be named in keeping with the wishes of the donor."

It was either rename it, McIngvale said, or redirect his money to the acclaimed One O'Clock Lab Band, the showpiece at one of the country's top music schools. Mattress Mack was serious enough to take out a one-page ad Sunday in the Denton Record-Chronicle explaining his demand.

"Right's right and wrong's wrong. It's the right thing to do," McIngvale said. "I don't think firing a guy three weeks after he had a heart attack was the right thing to do, either. Even Wall Street is not that callous."

Dickey suffered a heart attack Oct. 12.

McIngvale admits his demand is largely symbolic, as his donation was made two years ago and already spent. He made it out of frustration with Dickey's firing and what he said is a lack of adequate athletics funding from the school.

The school's capitulation underscores the influence held by boosters bearing checkbooks, such as T. Boone Pickens at Oklahoma State and the late Ralph Engelstad at the University of North Dakota. McIngvale's $1 million gift means a lot at North Texas, where the football program's budget is about $3.7 million and the music school's is about $8.7 million.

It placed the school in the strange position of defending the record of the coach it just fired. Athletics Director Rick Villarreal talked about "the number of good things" accomplished by Dickey, including four straight Sun Belt championships and bowl appearances.

The Mean Green went 2-9 last season and 3-7 in 2006. Dickey is 42-62 overall.

Dickey, who was under contract through 2009 and will receive a $560,000 buyout, did not respond to telephone messages from The Associated Press seeking comment.

Last year at Oklahoma State, Pickens donated $165 million to the athletics department. At least publicly, Pickens' gift has come without conditions.

That wasn't the case when Engelstad built a $104 million hockey arena at North Dakota - and then threatened to stop construction if the school gave into NCAA demands to change its mascot from the Fighting Sioux.

Money-hungry programs are rarely in a position to turn down boosters, said Rudy Davalos, the recently retired athletics director at the University of New Mexico. When Davalos ran the University of Houston athletics department 15 years ago, he received a $32 million, no-strings-attached donation from businessman John Moores.

"If he would have told me that he wasn't going to give the money unless we named something after him, rest assured we would have named something after him," Davalos said.
__________________________________________________ ______

The budget for the music department is 2 1/2 times that of the football program!!!!????

Yikes...

Todd.. stay at SLC for one more year.. enjoy coaching your son.. THEN, start as an offensive coordinator somewhere in D1 and work your way up to a plum head coaching job.

mrowl
12/13/2006, 10:44 AM
I didn't know that UNT was looking to build a new stadium.

About damn time.

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics7/400/BK/BKDWWTNUKVGBTRW.20061018195651.jpg

this hire will help them get the money.

colleyvillesooner
12/13/2006, 10:51 AM
LINK?

MiccoMacey
12/13/2006, 10:52 AM
1) Todd Dodge is big time...I actually thought he might get a better job than UNT.

2) I hate to see them fire Dickey because of two bad seasons after they won, what, five Sun Belt Conference titles in a row? And especially after his heart attack.

What have you done for me lately, I guess.

soonerjoker
12/13/2006, 12:45 PM
i agree with Sooner84. Dodge has done a great job @ SLC; with mostly
"rich white boys"

i'm happy for him & UNT !!!!!!!!!
i think he'll do a great job. now, what will happen to SLC ???

colleyvillesooner
12/13/2006, 12:46 PM
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5849/thatsracistdk6.gif

GrapevineSooner
12/13/2006, 12:50 PM
Absolutely is.

mrowl
12/13/2006, 01:09 PM
LINK?

link to what? the stadium?

colleyvillesooner
12/13/2006, 02:06 PM
link to what? the stadium?

Yeah, or the story where that picture came from.

mrowl
12/13/2006, 02:24 PM
Yeah, or the story where that picture came from.

here ya go.

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=113995

Tear Down This Wall
12/13/2006, 02:28 PM
The UNT hire of Dodge is funny in that it now makes them believe they can beat us next year...I'm not even kidding...The Fake Lonnie Finch even tried to warn them. I respect and admire TFLF:

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31231

mrowl
12/13/2006, 02:32 PM
The UNT hire of Dodge is funny in that it now makes them believe they can beat us next year...I'm not even kidding...The Fake Lonnie Finch even tried to warn them. I respect and admire TFLF:

so, "fun with speculation" as the thread title didn't tip you off?

Tear Down This Wall
12/13/2006, 02:33 PM
Hey! No one tips me off without paying the price :mad: :D

Sco
12/13/2006, 04:46 PM

No way... Dodge would have to do some MEAN (no pun intended) recruiting and training if they think they can stop OU next year. There's just no way.

Now in the future, depending on Dodge's success, UNT may be able to defeat some decent teams. That would be good for their program. Since I'm pretty sure there's more school spirit for the Big XII on this campus than there is for UNT. I see more OU, UT, or A&M shirts here than I do UNT. That's a little sad.

(Especially when you see someone with a UT sweatshirt and an Aggy beanie... you just have to wonder if he has multiple personalities...)

Jdog
12/13/2006, 10:05 PM
Great hire and a great Opportunity for Coach Dodge.Make no mistake, he is a GREAT coach(From Arlington, not Southlake!)..For those who want to say that he is loaded with talent, that is simply not true..SLC is NEVER in the top 10 schools in the state in getting kids scholarships and when they do, most of the kids are going to mid major programs like Rice and Tulsa..
Boomersooner i assume that your high school was either Newman Smith or Fossil Ridge, probably Smith? Neither job is in a 1 school district and maybe suffered from a lack of talent and Dodge at a young stage of his career......

I DRIVE past SLC everyday (i live in Keller) AND see the sign out FRONT THAT LISTs ALL OF THEIR STATE TITLES. They've been winning for a long time. But I agree Dodge is special - I would have figured him to go to a better program like Tech or TCU. Unfortuntly for him, no one can win at UNT - at least not with their pre-conference schedule.

As for SLC, they've RECRUITED SEVERAL GREAT PLAYERS FROM AROUND THE METROPLEX WHO HAVE GONE ON TO PLAY AT D-1 SCHOOLS. JUST BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE ANY OF THERE PLAYERS -
OOPS i FORGOT ABOUT HARTLEY!!!!

OF COURSE THERE'S Chase Daniels who received a late offer to ut but turned it down to stay with Mizzou. (WHO'S DADDY also PRETTY MUCH ADMITED ON NATIONAL TV (espn) DURING THE SLC-DENTON RYAN (04) GAME THAT HIS KID WAS RECRUITED by SLC)
OH YES YOU MUST HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT THEIR QB FROM 05 WENT TO ALABAMA - LAST TIME I CHECKED THEY WERE a D-1 program.

I KNOW TCU IS CONSIDERED A MID MAJOR - BUT last year THEY SIGNED MEL RENFRO'S KID (yes the same Mel Renfro who played for the Dallas Cowboys and who's father also played in the NFL.) and your right, they have a lot of just regular kids who go to smaller schools like A&M and Tech.

I DON'T THINK NATE NEWTON LIVEs IN SOUTHLAKE, BUT I KNOW HIS KID DOES. - THERE WAS AN ARTICAL RECENTLY IN THE FT WORTH STAR TELEGRAM THAT SAID that Nate's kid SPENDS MOST OF HIS TIME AT DODGE'S HOUSE (because he's best buddys with Riley).

As far as Keller Fossil not being in a one school district - their enrolloment is very close to the size of SLC. Actually my kids go to Keller High which has about 4000 kids and then there's Keller Central which has around 3500 - all in the Keller ISD.

SLC's enrollment is quite a bit under Central and Keller - this is actually the first year that SLC has had an enrollment big enough to qualify for the Div 5-I championship (5-I is for the largest enrollment qualifiers from a District - 5-II the one that SLC has resently been winning, is for the smaller schools from a district.

Ash
12/13/2006, 10:09 PM
I DRIVE past SLC everyday (i live in Keller) AND see the sign out FRONT THAT LISTs ALL OF THEIR STATE TITLES. They've been winning for a long time. But I agree Dodge is special - I would have figured him to go to a better program like Tech or TCU. Unfortuntly for him, no one can win at UNT - at least not with their pre-conference schedule.

As for SLC, they've RECRUITED SEVERAL GREAT PLAYERS FROM AROUND THE METROPLEX WHO HAVE GONE ON TO PLAY AT D-1 SCHOOLS. JUST BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE ANY OF THERE PLAYERS -
OOPS i FORGOT ABOUT HARTLEY!!!!

OF COURSE THERE'S Chase Daniels who received a late offer to ut but turned it down to stay with Mizzou. (WHO'S DADDY also PRETTY MUCH ADMITED ON NATIONAL TV (espn) DURING THE SLC-DENTON RYAN (04) GAME THAT HIS KID WAS RECRUITED by SLC)
OH YES YOU MUST HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT THEIR QB FROM 05 WENT TO ALABAMA - LAST TIME I CHECKED THEY WERE a D-1 program.

I KNOW TCU IS CONSIDERED A MID MAJOR - BUT last year THEY SIGNED MEL RENFRO'S KID (yes the same Mel Renfro who played for the Dallas Cowboys and who's father also played in the NFL.) and your right, they have a lot of just regular kids who go to smaller schools like A&M and Tech.

I DON'T THINK NATE NEWTON LIVEs IN SOUTHLAKE, BUT I KNOW HIS KID DOES. - THERE WAS AN ARTICAL RECENTLY IN THE FT WORTH STAR TELEGRAM THAT SAID that Nate's kid SPENDS MOST OF HIS TIME AT DODGE'S HOUSE (because he's best buddys with Riley).

As far as Keller Fossil not being in a one school district - their enrolloment is very close to the size of SLC. Actually my kids go to Keller High which has has about kids and then there's Keller Central which has around 3500 - all in the Keller ISD.

SLC's enrollment is quite a bit under Central and Keller - this is actually the first year that SLC has had an enrollment big enough to qualify for the Div 5-I championship (5-I is for the largest enrollment qualifiers from a District - 5-II the one that SLC has resently been winning, is for the

you seem to be VERY EXCITED about SLC!1111!!

biggredd38
12/13/2006, 10:22 PM
Im sure Todd Dodge is an excellent coach. Remember back in the 80's or early 90's when Plano contended for state champs every year, and unfortunately they split the high schools and that was the end of the dynasty. Carroll voted not to split the high school. Would he be successful if they split the high school? who knows. He had all the talent in the world just like Plano did. He does have all the local high school connections to help him at u.n.t now, cause it didn't work when he was o.c for u.n.t back in late 80's for Head coach Dennis Parker (idabel oklahoma boy) .

Jdog
12/13/2006, 10:25 PM
you seem to be VERY EXCITED about SLC!1111!!

I can't stand em -
but I live in the area - and - It's HIGH school football in Texas. what can I say!!!

colleyvillesooner
12/13/2006, 11:43 PM
I can't stand em -
but I live in the area - and - It's HIGH school football in Texas. what can I say!!!

I think it's BECAUSE YOU wold just RANDOMLY all CAPS some stuff.

;)