PDA

View Full Version : Ugh...

Osce0la
12/11/2006, 03:57 PM
So I had to go to the funeral of a friend of mine today. I've known this girl my entire life. My sister and I grew up with her and her brother. She had been on drugs and had been trying to get sober. Apparently they had put her on methadone (sp?) to help her with her recovery. Then last week she ended up ODing on methadone and xanax (sp?). The worst part about all of this is that her father died about 1-2 years ago...Her brother was at home with their dad and he heard something, so he went and looked to see what the noise was and he found his dead laying dead on the couch. Well, he walked in last Wednesday, and on that same couch, found his sister laying dead. Like I said, we've known this family our entire lives, and this is the first time I've ever had to see a friend buried. So, needless to say, it's been a pretty rough day.

yermom
12/11/2006, 03:59 PM
dang, sorry dude

tbl
12/11/2006, 04:01 PM
Methadone is some bad stuff. One of my best friends in high school, also the second groomsman at my wedding OD'd on it 1 month before his first son was born. Bad deal...

colleyvillesooner
12/11/2006, 04:02 PM
:(

TheHumanAlphabet
12/11/2006, 04:02 PM
Osce0la:

I feel for you and the loss of your friend. It must be tough to fathom.

On a side note, not as a joke, but that couch would be so gone...

TUSooner
12/11/2006, 04:03 PM
dang, sorry dude
exactly. very sad

Boomer.....
12/11/2006, 04:03 PM
Very sorry to hear that.

NormanPride
12/11/2006, 04:04 PM
That's terrible... I certainly hope tomorrow goes better for you. Kind of puts work problems in perspective, huh?

yermom
12/11/2006, 04:08 PM
Methadone is some bad stuff. One of my best friends in high school, also the second groomsman at my wedding OD'd on it 1 month before his first son was born. Bad deal...

ODs are very common on the relapsing addict. the tolerances aren't what they used to be, and as far as i know, the only people on Methadone are recovering addicts

it's always hard to lose peers when you are young though, it sucks to face your own mortality :(

Osce0la
12/11/2006, 04:45 PM
Osce0la:

I feel for you and the loss of your friend. It must be tough to fathom.

On a side note, not as a joke, but that couch would be so gone...
I had already had that thought as well...

I hadn't talked to them in a while because we've been so busy and they have had a lot going on. I never knew they had her on methadone (I would'nt have been comfortable knowing she was on it because I know that is a very rough drug)...Last I had heard she was doing better. I couldn't believe it when my mom called me and told me. She was 26, her brother is my age. She also has a son that is about 3-4 years old. Really hard to believe.

olevetonahill
12/11/2006, 04:55 PM
Dayum
prayers up for the family .
Maybe this is why Docs are hesitant to prescribe narcotics

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/11/2006, 04:56 PM

King Crimson
12/11/2006, 05:08 PM
that's terrible. I had a friend OD in the mid 90's. still hard to believe.

best to the family.

tbl
12/11/2006, 05:12 PM
ODs are very common on the relapsing addict. the tolerances aren't what they used to be, and as far as i know, the only people on Methadone are recovering addicts

My friend wasn't recovering from anything. He obtained the Methadone illegally, as he did all the other drugs he consumed. What a waste...

Sooner_Bob
12/11/2006, 05:27 PM