PDA

View Full Version : Parking Philosophy

royalfan5
12/11/2006, 03:56 PM
I went to the Wal-Marts yesterday afternoon to do my grocery shopping. Being a Sunday afternoon on the poor side of town, it was naturally crowded. So I take the first parking spot I see, and hike into the store from the edge of the lot. I passed 4 spots that were better on my walk in. This did not bother me at all because I had a spot, and was getting extra exercise and fresh air. I always take the first available spot rather than driving around to find the best available or "ideal spot" I am just curious to see how much of the population is the same way.

Beef
12/11/2006, 03:58 PM
At the grocery store, I always park close to the places where you return your carts. I figure it decreases the likelihood that someone will leave a cart within rolling distance of my car.

tbl
12/11/2006, 03:59 PM
I make a run through one aisle if I'm coming from the back, then it's best spot. If I'm coming from the front, first spot available. I've learned that driving around the parking lot countless times and stalking the people walking to the cars is retarded.

TUSooner
12/11/2006, 04:01 PM
Just get me outta the dang car!

Boomer.....
12/11/2006, 04:05 PM
I make a run through one aisle if I'm coming from the back, then it's best spot. If I'm coming from the front, first spot available. I've learned that driving around the parking lot countless times and stalking the people walking to the cars is retarded.
x2

C&CDean
12/11/2006, 04:06 PM
I don't know how my wife does it. I'll ask her.

colleyvillesooner
12/11/2006, 04:07 PM

JOKE OVERLOAD!!
JOKE OVERLOAD!!
JOKE OVERLOAD!!
JOKE OVERLOAD!!

Rhino
12/11/2006, 04:09 PM
First spot is a winner.

I used to date a girl that would literally spend 5-10 minutes navigating the parking lot just to get a parking spot that was 50 feet closer to the door. Drove me crazy.

KABOOKIE
12/11/2006, 04:14 PM
I have a back condition that flares up every once a decade so, I just put up my handicap tag and park in one of the open spots by the front door.

colleyvillesooner
12/11/2006, 04:14 PM
I need to clarify mine. I will drive down the first lane I go down, and if nothing, back up the next one. If nothing presents itself, I park at the end of the second one. So it's not technically the first option, but I don't spend forever. Especially at the movies. There are no close spots there. Ever.

Boomer.....
12/11/2006, 04:16 PM
I head straight to the last or next to last row at the movie theaters.

SicEmBaylor
12/11/2006, 04:37 PM
I follow TBL's method to the letter.

OklaPony
12/11/2006, 04:37 PM
It depends on wich vehicle I'm driving. If I'm in the Expy I take the first available space that I can fit into without bashing the crap out of my neighbor's door to get out. If I'm in the Stang I park as far away from possible door-ding offenders as is reasonably possible, typically out in the middle of nowhere. I don't mind the hike a bit.

proud gonzo
12/11/2006, 04:44 PM
i vote for best available--that doesnt' mean i drive through the entire parking lot, though. by "best available" I mean the first spot i find that doesn't have a cart in it, and isn't between pieces of crap with banged up doors.

Frozen Sooner
12/11/2006, 06:00 PM
At the grocery store, I always park close to the places where you return your carts. I figure it decreases the likelihood that someone will leave a cart within rolling distance of my car.

You'd think that.

Couple of weeks ago I pulled into a spot that was one over from the cart collector. The sumbitch who was in the spot NEXT to the cart collector just left his cart in the middle of the spot and was getting into his car.

People are some lazy-*** bitches.

StoopTroup
12/11/2006, 06:14 PM
I park uphill from the shopping carts.

I hate lazy bastages who leave their carts in the lot...

soonersweetie
12/11/2006, 07:51 PM
I park at the first available. I don't mind the walk. I figure I will be done with getting what I need in the store and back to my car by the time the idiot driving around forever looking for the "best" spot finds his/her perfect place.

Harry Beanbag
12/11/2006, 08:05 PM
The other day the wife needed something real quick from the store so I parked and stayed in the car while she went in. While I was twiddling my thumbs, I watched a guy unload his crap into his trunk, shut the lid, then turn around and push the cart as hard as he could in the opposite direction, immediately getting into his car without watching where it went. Luckily, it got hung up in one those storm drains in the middle of the aisle and flipped over on its side.....in the middle of the aisle. I felt like walking over there, pulling the dildo out of his BMW, and beating his ***.

critical_phil
12/11/2006, 08:27 PM
i never park within 20 spaces of anyone, no matter if it's at the wal-marts or anywhere else.

people, in general, are inconsiderate pricks who could not care less if they ding your door or push the shopping cart into your car.

BudSooner
12/11/2006, 09:42 PM
I went to the Wal-Marts yesterday afternoon to do my grocery shopping.

"Well, there's yer problem" :norm:

whatsername
12/12/2006, 07:47 AM
I always try to park by the cart corral things myself. Hopefully whoever parks on the other side won't ding my door.

I never drive around looking for a good spot either. At my usual shopping places, I have a certain area of the lot where I go because people rarely park there.

RacerX
12/12/2006, 11:26 AM
I also park near cart corrals.

SoonerJack
12/12/2006, 01:37 PM
I had just bought a new F-150 4x4...had it maybe 2 weeks. Went to Perkins for pie or something and purposefully parked away from the other cars (back row). I came out and had a two-foot key scratch on my driver's side quarter panel. I think if I had parked in a normal spot, it wouldn't have happened.

I've not been back to Perkins since. And that was in 1998.

Osce0la
12/12/2006, 02:01 PM
I'll drive through 2-3 aisles and if I don't see anything close I just take the first one I see after that. I don't spend a lot of time looking for that close of a spot.

Osce0la
12/12/2006, 02:02 PM
I hate when people see someone that is about to leave and they just sit and wait for them to get everything in their car so they can have that spot. We waited for nearly 5 minutes the other day because the car in front of us wanted a spot where the people had just walked up and were putting their stuff in their car.

Czar Soonerov
12/12/2006, 03:03 PM
They did a study on 20/20 or 60 minutes a few years ago. People take and average of 3-5 minutes longer pulling out of a parking spot if somebody is waiting for their spot. People are such jerks.

On a side note, someday I'm gonna run over one of the dip****s that walks down the center of the isle in the parking lot.