PDA

View Full Version : How did you find out about Santa Claus?

BoogercountySooner
12/11/2006, 02:49 PM
I was about 7 years old back at Christmas of 1967 my little brother and I were really excited about Santa showing up and I couldn't hardly sleep. I end up in my mothers bed to sleep finally. The next morning I wake and here someone calling out my mothers name and pecking on the window. I get to the window before she does and see her boyfriend in a Santa suit with the beard pulled down. The look on his face is priceless now that I reflect on it. I was devistated at the time.:)

I'm sure you guy's have some interesting stories to share!

Frozen Sooner
12/11/2006, 02:50 PM
By clicking on this thread. :mad:

Now I'm scared that your mom's creepy boyfriend is coming down my chimney.

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/11/2006, 02:50 PM
I don't have any memories of ever believing in Sandy Claws.

:(

Mjcpr
12/11/2006, 02:51 PM
Santa actually showed up at your house and you saw him? We never went to that extreme....he just dropped in and left some presents then left while I was sleeping.

BoogercountySooner
12/11/2006, 02:51 PM

He's deader than a hammer and the world is a better place!

BoogercountySooner
12/11/2006, 02:53 PM
Santa actually showed up at your house and you saw him? We never went to that extreme....he just dropped in and left some presents then left while I was sleeping.

Do ya still got some of them old Barbies?:D

Frozen Sooner
12/11/2006, 02:53 PM
He's deader than a hammer and the world is a better place!

Great. Now some dead creepy guy is coming down my chimney. Maybe that's why my wood stove has been smoking so much.

sooner_born_1960
12/11/2006, 03:11 PM
1966. I was 6. I watched through my bedroom window. My parents were hauling stuff in from the car trunk.

sooner_born_1960
12/11/2006, 03:12 PM
And why did that "creepy guy in the window" stuff make me think of Byron Houston?

colleyvillesooner
12/11/2006, 03:13 PM
I was in the 3rd grade and my "Santa Gift" (unwrapped) was a remote control car. My brother and I both got them, but mine wasn't working right. So I told my mom. The conversation went like this:

Mom: It's OK. I got the receipt, we'll return it tomorrow. Oops.
Me: How do you have the receipt if Santa brought it?
Mom: Uh, he left it for us. Sometimes Santa has to buy toys if the elves can't make enough.
Brother from across the room: YOU GUYS ARE SANTA
AREN'T YOU!!

frankensooner
12/11/2006, 03:20 PM
Well, I remember the last year Santa left me gifts, I asked my Dad to remind Santa to bring batteries for my walkie talkies. I was twelve. When I was in second grade some bastage kids told me there was no Santa. I didn't believe the punks.

My wife's family still gets Santa presents, although the kids are all grown up.

MamaMia
12/11/2006, 03:25 PM
My older cousin Roberto, got mad because my mother made a German chocolate cake for the family on Christmas Eve, so in a fit of anger, he told me very loudly, that there was no such thing as Santa Clause. I didn't believe him, but my uncle overheard him telling me this. He got a spanking.

My uncle ratted him out to my parents. My parents thought that I believed Roberto because I seemed quiet and distant. So to 'cheer me up' from what they mistakingly assumed was my dismay over learning the truth about there being no Santa, my father made me an "Honorary Elf. " I didn't know what that meant until he woke me up at 1:00 am to help him and my mom put out all the Santa gifts. Thats when I knew there must not be a Santa. To make matters worse, as if I already wasn't shocked, devastated and traumatized enough, my parents started addressing a bunch of things I had asked Santa for, to my sister instead; a Barbie bride and Ken groom, a baby doll pajama bag, and a ballerina dancing jewelry box. They gave me some tights and knee highs, a pair of Pj's and some fruit and nuts in my stocking. Being a well behaved sweet little girl, I thanked them for their kindness and murmured not a peep.

When I was back all snuggled in my bed, I was really wishing there was a Santa because at that point I figured my parents needed help getting it right.

When I woke up, there under the tree were tags on gifts to me from Santa. I had gotten all the things I had asked for. My parents had simply gotten matching things for both me and my sister. Thats when I realized that Santa was real after all. Santa just happened to be called Mommy and Daddy. ;)

Howzit
12/11/2006, 03:29 PM
I don't have any memories of ever believing in Sandy Claws.

Me either. I had older cousins that had told me by the time I was about 4. I announced it to my kindergarten class. :O

Mjcpr
12/11/2006, 03:31 PM
Me either. I had older cousins that had told me by the time I was about 4. I announced it to my kindergarten class. :O
And ever since, people have been calling him a doosh.

Clever Trevor
12/11/2006, 03:36 PM
I WAS IN THE THIRD GRADE.

sooner_born_1960
12/11/2006, 03:37 PM
Why does Roberto hate German chocolate cake? ;)

SCOUT
12/11/2006, 03:39 PM
I was 6 years old and home from school, sick. I was watching Family Feud when Richard Dawson posed the question: Name the top 5 fictional children's characters.

It was shocking.

MamaMia
12/11/2006, 03:41 PM
Well, that didnt take long. You were suppose to let that question happen naturally. :P

Oh, and hes allergic. :D

sooner_born_1960
12/11/2006, 03:41 PM
I was 6 years old and home from school, sick. I was watching Family Feud when Richard Dawson posed the question: Name the top 5 fictional children's characters.

It was shocking.
I don't know for sure, but I probably didn't know what fictional meant when I was six.

MamaMia
12/11/2006, 03:44 PM
I don't know for sure, but I probably didn't know what fictional meant when I was six.
He may have put 2 and 2 together when the other 4 answers were Pluto, Mickey Mouse, Popeye and Tweetie Bird. ;)

sooner_born_1960
12/11/2006, 03:45 PM
He may have put 2 and 2 together when the other 4 answers were Pluto, Mickey Mouse, Popeye and Tweetie Bird. ;)
Say it isn't so.

Pricetag
12/11/2006, 05:00 PM

http://www.hitchmagazine.com/wp-content/crypt3.jpg

TUSooner
12/11/2006, 05:22 PM
Find out WHAT about him?

Mjcpr
12/11/2006, 06:44 PM
Find out WHAT about him?

He has ear hair and bad bref.

Howzit
12/11/2006, 06:48 PM
He has ear hair and bad bref.

I am NOT Santa Clause.

Sooner_Bob
12/11/2006, 06:52 PM
I don't remember when I figured it all out . . . I'm surprised that our girls haven't been let in on the secret yet from someone at school or an older cousin.

LoyalFan
12/12/2006, 05:15 AM

He wanted burritos?

Press Juan for Eengleesh!

LoyalFan(tastic)

whatsername
12/12/2006, 07:39 AM
When I was five, a kid told me that there was no Santa and I argued with him. I told him that he brought me the bike I was riding and that was proof right there.

A couple years later, I caught the tooth fairy in the act and I realized what was going on.

MamaMia
12/12/2006, 09:30 AM
He wanted burritos?

Press Juan for Eengleesh!

LoyalFan(tastic)No burritos. Roberto is Italian. He wanted any dessert at all but that chocolate cake. :D

SoonerJack
12/12/2006, 09:36 AM
"YOU'RE not SANTA. You smell like beef and cheese!"

"You sit on a throne of LIES!"