PDA

View Full Version : slipped and crashed on the ice Saturday night

picasso
12/11/2006, 01:39 PM
my person that is. I jumped out to open the gate to leave our house and slipped on a sheet near our front walk. it was pitch black and I got some air baby.
one quick slip and 2 tiny steps and my feet were up in the air. landed flush and flat, back popped in 20 places, ice cracked in 20 places. didn't hurt initially.
as I drove my hand foot and neck started hurting though.:mad:

all is well now but my neck and hips are as sore as all get out. I'm talking the front and sides too (neck). feels like I played in a football game last night.

Pricetag
12/11/2006, 01:51 PM
That happened to my wife and I out in front of a movie theater a few years back. It sucked because there were tons of people around to laugh at us.

proud gonzo
12/11/2006, 01:51 PM
sucks

last year i slipped on ice and bruised my damn hip. baseball sized bruise--hurt like hell. I had to sleep on my left side for several weeks

proud gonzo
12/11/2006, 01:53 PM
I don't laugh at people slipping on ice. In high school one of my friends slipped on the sidewalk in front of the school--broke her nose.

King Crimson
12/11/2006, 01:56 PM
my person that is. I jumped out to open the gate to leave our house and slipped on a sheet near our front walk. it was pitch black and I got some air baby.
one quick slip and 2 tiny steps and my feet were up in the air. landed flush and flat, back popped in 20 places, ice cracked in 20 places. didn't hurt initially.
as I drove my hand foot and neck started hurting though.:mad:

all is well now but my neck and hips are as sore as all get out. I'm talking the front and sides too (neck). feels like I played in a football game last night.

i did a similar maneuver a couple years back hurrying out the front porch....took the initial skid and took the 3 step drop onto my back....feet flying up in the air. i hit the ground like a sack of potatoes. well, like a sack of potatoes capable of loud profanity.

i was out of commish for several days.

Pricetag
12/11/2006, 01:58 PM
The first winter I was working my first job, at the corner grocery store, we had a nasty ice storm that made the parking lot treacherous. All of us sackers fell at one point or another, but the best one was when this one guy was carrying a five-gallon bottle of water, and he slipped, and the thing came down on top of him, landing on his chest. I could tell it really hurt him, but I had to laugh.

Pricetag
12/11/2006, 02:00 PM
The funniest thing about these falls where your feet go out from under you is that in the split second that you're airborne, your mind goes through about a million different scenarios on ways to try to land gracefully, but there just aren't any.

picasso
12/11/2006, 02:13 PM
The funniest thing about these falls where your feet go out from under you is that in the split second that you're airborne, your mind goes through about a million different scenarios on ways to try to land gracefully, but there just aren't any.
I did that last year on our kitchen tiles. I had spilled some spaghetti all over near our fridge and cleaned it up and walked by there in my slippers. was airborne and decided to catch myself with my right arm. it worked luckily becuase I'm in decent shape.

oh and the slip the other night was not seen by anyone, even Camden who was waiting in the car. although she laughed aloud when I told her and I was ok.:mad: :O :D

C&CDean
12/11/2006, 03:50 PM
This reminds me of a trip I took to NYC a few years back.

I'm walking down a street in Manhattan, and this little old lady who was all of 80 is walking towards me carrying a big purse. She steps on a patch of ice, both feet go out from under her, and she crashes on her back.

All the people close to her just jump out of the way and continue walking. Me, being the average Okie, bend over and try to help her up. She starts screaming "get away!! get away!!" as she's clutching her purse and trying to crabwalk backwards away from me. I go "let me help you up." She's just screaming for me to back off. I look around and everybody is just walking around us like nothing is going on.

I hate NYC.

OU4LIFE
12/11/2006, 04:08 PM
Dean used to be a mugger, cool.